(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 426.
#9501 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is this a common thing on the premiums? I swear this happens almost every day. Glass has to come off.
[quoted image]

Shouldn't happen at all. I'm pretty sure there have been posts about similar issues in the past in this forum or the JP2 Prem/LE forum but I just did a quick search and couldn't find one. I haven't ever had it happen on mine. I'd think you should be able to adjust the position of the blades or the wire form. Probably only a slight adjustment needed for it.

#9502 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Shouldn't happen at all. I'm pretty sure there have been posts about similar issues in the past in this forum or the JP2 Prem/LE forum but I just did a quick search and couldn't find one. I haven't ever had it happen on mine. I'd think you should be able to adjust the position of the blades or the wire form. Probably only a slight adjustment needed for it.

Here you go guys...sorry that it is happening to several of you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/163#post-5968666

Read my posts on that page.

#9503 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is this a common thing on the premiums? I swear this happens almost every day. Glass has to come off.
[quoted image]

Never had this happen on mine (NIB first gen premium). Should be an easy fix.

#9504 3 years ago

That definitely isn’t my issue. I didn’t even ad a helicopter

#9505 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That definitely isn’t my issue. I didn’t even ad a helicopter

Its not about adding a helicopter or not....its about a bent plastic. Your plastic under the helicopter is completely flat?

#9506 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Its not about adding a helicopter or not....its about a bent plastic. Your plastic under the helicopter is completely flat?

Yup

#9507 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

In your picture you clearly have the wrong post under it

#9508 3 years ago

In your picture you clearly have the wrong post under it

Yeah....as I described later down in the page. I had stern replace the bent plastic as well, since the wrong post (installed at factory) caused it to bend. Now the helicopter works great.

If your helicopter is not leaning (its perfectly perpendicular), and the wireform can't be adjusted any further right, then I have no idea what would be causing the issue. The ball should not touch a small blade at all. Perhaps take some pictures?

#9509 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah....as I described later down in the page. I had stern replace the bent plastic as well, since the wrong post (installed at factory) caused it to bend. Now the helicopter works great.
If your helicopter is not leaning (its perfectly perpendicular), and the wireform can't be adjusted any further right, then I have no idea what would be causing the issue. The ball should not touch a small blade at all. Perhaps take some pictures?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9510 3 years ago

This only happens during multi ball for me. Seems to be bad timing of the blade spinning from previous ball going though

#9511 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That last picture says it all. Your wireform is bent/attached too close to the spinner/switch.

#9512 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That last picture says it all. Your wireform is bent/attached too close to the spinner/switch.

I'm not seeing it from his last picture that the wireform itself is bent...how are you able to tell there? But here are some comparison shots

20210206_113641 (resized).jpg20210206_113641 (resized).jpg

20210206_113649 (resized).jpg20210206_113649 (resized).jpg

In his last picture....I think its odd that the screw/washer weighted short blade is causing a hang up. It should be high enough that it catches the top of the sphere and allows to roll past ->

20210206_113814 (resized).jpg20210206_113814 (resized).jpg

And the short blade with nothing on it shouldn't even touch it

20210206_113843 (resized).jpg20210206_113843 (resized).jpg

#9513 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm not seeing it from his last picture that the wireform itself is bent...how are you able to tell there? But here are some comparison shots
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
In his last picture....I think its odd that the screw/washer weighted short blade is causing a hang up. It should be high enough that it catches the top of the sphere and allows to roll past ->
[quoted image]
And the short blade with nothing on it shouldn't even touch it
[quoted image]

I’ll try moving wireform over to the right of the playfield and see if things improve

#9514 3 years ago

I installed the moving trex mod into my pro yesterday. Good stuff. It's more than just a trex that mindlessly moves, you plug some wires into a few of the switches and the trex will look in that direction and such. Highly recommend it if you're looking to shrink that gap between the pro and premium.

#9515 3 years ago

I’ll try moving wireform over to the right of the playfield and see if things improve

I just tried to force it to happen on mine and it was really difficult to get it balanced in a position where the ball would stay stuck. On mine the ball makes contact with the screw but even when I was able to get it in a spot where the ball was held up by it just the slightest little nudge set it free.

Here's a picture of mine where I was able to force it stuck (but again, just a slight tap on the cabinet freed it). In your last pic it looks like the screw head on yours is angling down a bit compared to mine. On mine I also noticed there is a slight amount of up/down wiggle play in the whole helicopter blade assembly. Maybe make sure the screw on top of the blades isn't tightened too tight so that the whole blade assembly will wiggle vertically a little bit? Also, do your blades spin super freely. Mine have almost zero resistance to spinning by hand.

3FAAD1E5-7257-45A2-9F2A-8951AC2A09BA (resized).jpeg3FAAD1E5-7257-45A2-9F2A-8951AC2A09BA (resized).jpeg
#9516 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I just tried to force it to happen on mine and it was really difficult to get it balanced in a position where the ball would stay stuck. On mine the ball makes contact with the screw but even when I was able to get it in a spot where the ball was held up by it just the slightest little nudge set it free.
Here's a picture of mine where I was able to force it stuck (but again, just a slight tap on the cabinet freed it). In your last pic it looks like the screw head on yours is angling down a bit compared to mine. On mine I also noticed there is a slight amount of up/down wiggle play in the whole helicopter blade assembly. Maybe make sure the screw on top of the blades isn't tightened too tight so that the whole blade assembly will wiggle vertically a little bit? Also, do your blades spin super freely. Mine have almost zero resistance to spinning by hand.[quoted image]

I also have the up and down play in the blade and it moves very freely. I have moved the wireform as far to the right as possible to see if this will help. My pitch is at 6.9 and perfectly level.

#9517 3 years ago

I also have the up and down play in the blade and it moves very freely. I have moved the wireform as far to the right as possible to see if this will help. My pitch is at 6.9 and perfectly level.

Looking again at my pic compared to yours I noticed a difference in the angle of the blade assembly to the screw.

Here’s my pic again zoomed in. On mine the gap under the screw is less on the left than on the right, indicating a tilt of the assembly to the right when it makes contact with the ball. On yours the gap under the screw looks the same on both sides which may mean there isn’t as much give in yours to tilt just that slight bit to let the ball pass by or maybe the blade needs to be bent slightly? Hope this helps.

D375A240-927B-4C1A-9D70-759A77B5A34A (resized).jpegD375A240-927B-4C1A-9D70-759A77B5A34A (resized).jpeg
#9518 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Looking again at my pic compared to yours I noticed a difference in the angle of the blade assembly to the screw.
Here’s my pic again zoomed in. On mine the gap under the screw is less on the left than on the right, indicating a tilt of the assembly to the right when it makes contact with the ball. On yours the gap under the screw looks the same on both sides which may mean there isn’t as much give in yours to tilt just that slight bit to let the ball pass by or maybe the blade needs to be bent slightly? Hope this helps.
[quoted image]

Thanks! I’ll keep tweaking till it stops hanging up.

#9519 3 years ago

Thanks! I’ll keep tweaking till it stops hanging up.

Sounds good. Maybe try loosening that screw on top of the helicopter blades just a slight bit. Good luck!

#9520 3 years ago

Here is mine, and I can't make a ball get stuck there even if I wanted to (I tried my best by hand). Also, a ball on mine will barely make contact with the non-screw short blade. Maybe your wireframe needs pushed inward and not outward a little?

IMG_5489 (resized).JPGIMG_5489 (resized).JPG

#9521 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I was able to move the wireform a bit away from the helicopter and it helped. It can still get stuck on the short blade but a small nudge will free it. For the record, my game has the wrong post as well which is causing the helicopter to tilt toward the wireform. I’ll replace that post soon.

BFA9EA27-5CAE-4516-9B24-BAC7FFA8FBAA.jpegBFA9EA27-5CAE-4516-9B24-BAC7FFA8FBAA.jpeg
#9522 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks for the info. I was able to move the wireform a bit away from the helicopter and it helped. It can still get stuck on the short blade but a small nudge will free it. For the record, my game has the wrong post as well which is causing the helicopter to tilt toward the wireform. I’ll replace that post soon.
[quoted image]

Yep, that looks like mine did. But....unfortunately just replacing the post won't help completely....the plastic is permanently bent. Stern did send me a new one under warranty.

#9523 3 years ago

You can fix the plastic with a simple heat treatment. I document it somewhere, but basically get two pieces of flat wood, tile, whatever. Lay the plastic face up on one of the surfaces, then with a heatgun on low setting carefully heat the entire plastic using sweeping movements. After about 20-30 seconds the plastic will be soft, and at this point place the other flat piece of wood/tile/etc. on top, squeeze together, then hold for about 60 seconds for everything to cool. When done, plastic will be as good as new and perfectly flat.

#9524 3 years ago

Found this dilophosaurus from a Chinese seller on eBay. Not the best feedback, but I took the chance anyway and it actually arrived intact in less than 2 weeks! Only $12 shipped. I had a 3” one that I wanted to put down by the spinner, but the family thought this one was cooler. Nothing spectacular, but a cheap and easy add! They are still selling as of now if anyone else is interested...

5915CAF2-C935-4A5D-B5E4-E2161510306A (resized).jpeg5915CAF2-C935-4A5D-B5E4-E2161510306A (resized).jpeg
#9525 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/189#post-6111805

I have one set of my LED dino eyes available for $30 including US shipping. Whoever PM's me first (please don't post here in the thread) and can pay today gets them.

#9526 3 years ago

My opto in the T-rex mouth stopped working somehow. Now he obviously won't let go of the ball. Anyone else already had that?

#9527 3 years ago

Anyone else get a lot of balls stuck at the top of the play field mostly by the ambers? Any advice?

#9528 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

Anyone else get a lot of balls stuck at the top of the play field mostly by the ambers? Any advice?

What angle is your game set at (designer recommends 7 degrees measured on the playfield - not the glass)?

#9529 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

My opto in the T-rex mouth stopped working somehow. Now he obviously won't let go of the ball. Anyone else already had that?

I suspect the solder joints on the opto boards in T-Rex's mouth - people have had this issue previously.

Take T-Rex out completely and remove her "skin" to get to the electronics - the emitter is in the lower jaw, see if you can see the emitter working

JP T-Rex (resized).jpgJP T-Rex (resized).jpgJP mouth1 (resized).jpgJP mouth1 (resized).jpg
#9530 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

Are you talking about at the one way gate above the spinner? This is quite common and just needs to be adjusted by pulling up on the left hand side to the gate assembly, the bracket can flex - just make sure the left side of the bracket sits above the ball guide.

Or is the ball in the pops area and getting stuck just to the right of the Smart Missile/Chaos one way gate? Check that the game is level side-to-side, I have seen where one person had to bend the gate wire out a little.

#9531 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

All good suggestions and very possible issues here, but I’d start with cleaning and/or replacing balls first if you haven’t already. I had some infrequent hang up issues that have all but gone away since I changed balls.

#9532 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

If it’s getting stuck by the missile insert like mine was, I put one of those rubber cabinet pads where it was sticking. Haven’t had a stuck ball there since.

E682D17E-BEE4-4D89-BDC4-58D8BC062897.jpegE682D17E-BEE4-4D89-BDC4-58D8BC062897.jpeg
#9533 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Found this dilophosaurus from a Chinese seller on eBay. Not the best feedback, but I took the chance anyway and it actually arrived intact in less than 2 weeks! Only $12 shipped. They are still selling as of now if anyone else is interested..

ebay.com link: Realistic Jurassic Dilophosaurus Dinosaur Toy Educational Model Party Gift Kids
ebay.com link: Realistic Dinosaur Model Lifelike Dilophosaurus Dinosaurs Figure Playset Gift
ebay.com link: Jurassic Dilophosaurus Raptor Dinosaur Toy Educational Model Kids Birthday Gift

#9534 3 years ago

Hi there, Just got my JP pro three weeks. Absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, the clear is starting to come up along the left edge of the right ramp. Problay half the size of a dime, with what feels like a little bit of an edge
at one corner. I’m guessing this is going to chip with much more gameplay. I know this has been widely discussed, but how much worse would it have to get to get some remedy from stern/ how much luck are people having with play field swaps on this machine?

Also, if they don’t end up doing anything, what is the best way to keep it from getting worse?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for bringing back a redundant issue.

Thanks,
Chris

0D4A8C36-A409-4B5D-A36A-C35B1D4A13F1 (resized).jpeg0D4A8C36-A409-4B5D-A36A-C35B1D4A13F1 (resized).jpeg2FC469B1-25EC-4AEB-999D-CB4605C785AC (resized).jpeg2FC469B1-25EC-4AEB-999D-CB4605C785AC (resized).jpeg74263868-CA83-4855-B0D2-BEB4378487C2 (resized).jpeg74263868-CA83-4855-B0D2-BEB4378487C2 (resized).jpegA848AB91-FE79-471A-9E4F-FB39AAFB14E4 (resized).jpegA848AB91-FE79-471A-9E4F-FB39AAFB14E4 (resized).jpeg

#9535 3 years ago

I’d cut a small piece of Mylar and cover it, then I’d attempt to get a new playfield from Stern.

Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hi there, Just got my JP pro three weeks. Absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, the clear is starting to come up along the left edge of the right ramp. Problay half the size of a dime, with what feels like a little bit of an edge
at one corner. I’m guessing this is going to chip with much more gameplay. I know this has been widely discussed, but how much worse would it have to get to get some remedy from stern/ how much luck are people having with play field swaps on this machine?
Also, if they don’t end up doing anything, what is the best way to keep it from getting worse?
Thanks,
Chris
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#9536 3 years ago

Thanks,
Chris

For preventing it from getting worse (and providing a bit of repair), here's a link to a thread with a process that seems to have worked pretty well across different manufacturers/games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands#post-5173760

Here's what someone recently did on Avengers with a problem very similar to yours (although their art seemed to have been more scraped up by than yours).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/75#post-6027289

Using the iron to can flatten the clear. You definitely want to get a washer under the ball guide anchor point right next to problem area so it lifts the edge of the ball guide a bit up off the playfield.

#9537 3 years ago

Thanks,
Chris

Make sure you keep asking. They will be slow and halfway ignore you but i was able to get one after many months of the emails. You absolutely should get a replacement playfield. Unfortunately it will probably be an unpopulated one,

#9538 3 years ago

Just checked my Pro in the same spot - December '20 production date. It definitely has pooling and it digging in that spot. I'll need to attempt a similar repair to avoid further damage.

Thanks,
Chris

JP Pro (resized).jpgJP Pro (resized).jpg
#9539 3 years ago

I still can't believe stern doesn't use washers under rails....its like a .50 cent fix...

#9540 3 years ago
Quoted from Kidkoffee:

Found this dilophosaurus from a Chinese seller on eBay. Not the best feedback, but I took the chance anyway and it actually arrived intact in less than 2 weeks! Only $12 shipped. I had a 3” one that I wanted to put down by the spinner, but the family thought this one was cooler. Nothing spectacular, but a cheap and easy add! They are still selling as of now if anyone else is interested...
[quoted image]

Look very nice... Link of it?

#9541 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Look very nice... Link of it?

Here’s a link to the seller I bought from, but it looks like there are a few selling this.
ebay.com link: Realistic Jurassic Dilophosaurus Dinosaur Toy Educational Model Party Gift Kids
I got mine for under $10. If you add it to your watch list, they should send you a reduced price after a day or 2, but it’s cheap enough either way if you don’t want to wait!
Then get a sheet of this -
Polycarbonate Clear Plastic Sheet 12" X 18" X 0.0625" (1/16"), Shatter Resistant, Easier to Cut, Bend, Mold than Plexiglass. For VEX Robots, Hobby, DIY, Industrial, Crafts. Plexiglas Glass Replacement https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07MQTDF4R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VHS21K0WMYER1VN3J0BH
It can easily be cut with heavy duty/shop scissors or a rotary tool, etc. It can also be drilled, heated and bent when needed. Good to have around for future adds.
I just cut a little platform, drilled a hole, and glued the dinosaur on. The tail sits on the very back plastic.
Cheap, and we think it looks pretty awesome. Good luck!

#9542 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

New Premium run pushed back to Mid to late March now...

Really? I got an email from Erik at Stern who, after confirming my dealer and order for a premium, told me last week of Feb on Feb 1. That would be very disappointing if true. I feel like I've been excitedly waiting forever for this, my first machine.

#9543 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Really? I got an email from Erik at Stern who, after confirming my dealer and order for a premium, told me last week of Feb on Feb 1. That would be very disappointing if true. I feel like I've been excitedly waiting forever for this, my first machine.

I got a call from Game Room Guys.., mid March.. Deposit paid in Oct....

#9544 3 years ago

I have a deposit in on a premium as well. I originally heard they were shooting for a Feb build date. I haven't heard anything since. Please keep us updated if you guys hear more.

#9545 3 years ago

Just got the Pro for the second time and she's not going anywhere. Same thing happened with SW. Seems better 2nd time around. I don't know, just happy its back what a great game.

#9546 3 years ago

Hi guys,
Probably a strange question but can anyone tell me what speaker light kit is in the Deadpool pinball in the SDTM JP review (in the background). It looks great and I would like to know if they are available. Thank you.

#9547 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,
Probably a strange question but can anyone tell me what speaker light kit is in the Deadpool pinball in the SDTM JP review (in the background). It looks great and I would like to know if they are available. Thank you.

Speaker Light Kit Type 12 is my best guess | http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-12.html

#9548 3 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Hi guys,

Yeah, as Mr_Tantrum said....it's a Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kit (Type 12). I ship to Australia fairly often, though you may experience some sizable delays on the delivery times currently.

More details and the install instructions are available on my website:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me at my support e-mail address on the website.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#9549 3 years ago

He forgot to add the actually pin to the sale.

528F6753-1A0D-467E-8730-C93962389140 (resized).jpeg528F6753-1A0D-467E-8730-C93962389140 (resized).jpeg
#9550 3 years ago

I got a question for you modders? I got some toy dinosaurs and would like to add them to the playfeild. What type of glue do you use. I was thinking of hot glue or clear caulking. I want something that can be removed if needed. Thank for your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/191?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.