(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 427.
#9451 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The premium features while undeniably cool don’t necessarily transform the gameplay experience- though they do add a nice wow factor.

Agree 100%

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Also I don’t see why you couldn’t go crazy modding a pro...

Well, an owner can obviously do anything they want to their pin. I was just thinking in terms of the secondhand market. My assumption (just that, an assumption) would be that a second hand buyer would probably prefer a basic Premium than a modded out Pro for possibly what would be a similar price, but they would be willing to spend a little more on a modded Premium when in the market for a premium (at least this is the way I think).

Quoted from nicoy3k:

And I don’t criticize anyone for seeing value in the premium...

I also just re-read my comment, and didn't mean to direct my last statement to you specifically but to people in general, so I apologize for that and have corrected it.

#9452 3 years ago

So as the OP who reignited this debate. I’ll give you a better idea into my convoluted train of thought:

My wife and I both have JP atop the wishlist. A premium is doable (albeit a little stretch) in terms of budget, and I would probably pull the trigger if I could find one within driving distance and not pay a few hundred extra for shipping.

Other games under consideration are Deadpool Pro and AIQ Pro, but our game room is a little Marvel heavy already so they were behind JP in our rankings.

If I can’t find a JP Premium, my thought was to buy a non-JP Pro to enjoy for a while until a JP Premium becomes available near me. Rather than wait around I could still enjoy a newer game in the process. I typically would stick with Pro versions of games, but the wow factor of a JP Premium seemed too good to pass up.

The reason I started this topic of conversation is because I was curious, from an actual owner perspective, if I’m being too hasty to ignore the JP Pro version (not that they’re any more readily available it seems). I realize this is a heavily subjective question and I appreciate the feedback so far. If people want to PM me their input rather than clog up this forum I’m happy to hear from you

#9453 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

So as the OP who reignited this debate. I’ll give you a better idea into my convoluted train of thought:
My wife and I both have JP atop the wishlist. A premium is doable (albeit a little stretch) in terms of budget, and I would probably pull the trigger if I could find one within driving distance and not pay a few hundred extra for shipping.
Other games under consideration are Deadpool Pro and AIQ Pro, but our game room is a little Marvel heavy already so they were behind JP in our rankings.
If I can’t find a JP Premium, my thought was to buy a non-JP Pro to enjoy for a while until a JP Premium becomes available near me. Rather than wait around I could still enjoy a newer game in the process. I typically would stick with Pro versions of games, but the wow factor of a JP Premium seemed too good to pass up.
The reason I started this topic of conversation is because I was curious, from an actual owner perspective, if I’m being too hasty to ignore the JP Pro version (not that they’re any more readily available it seems). I realize this is a heavily subjective question and I appreciate the feedback so far. If people want to PM me their input rather than clog up this forum I’m happy to hear from you

Grab a TMNT pro for cheap off market, i see its on your wishlist. Its a better game in my opinion then both DP pro and AIQ premium in the fun department and compliments JP2 nicely with a totally different code and design. Plus you have Iron Man so your use to fast games. Then grab a JP2 premium when there available is what id recommend.

#9454 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Grab a TMNT pro for cheap off market, i see its on your wishlist. Its a better game in my opinion then both DP pro and AIQ premium in the fun department and compliments JP2 nicely with a totally different code and design. Plus you have Iron Man so your use to fast games. Then grab a JP2 premium when there available is what id recommend.

If your wanting NIB Premiums should drop this month.... I hope......

#9455 3 years ago

I have what I think to be an issue since I opened my game. The left inlane doesnt seem to be flush with the flipper. When the ball comes down the inlane and hits the flipper rubber it bounces just a bit which makes it harder to hit shots. Should it be that way? And if not how do I adjust that? Ive never done flipper adjustments. Pic attached but its so slight its hard to tell.

20210203_204548791_iOS (resized).jpg20210203_204548791_iOS (resized).jpg
#9456 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have what I think to be an issue since I opened my game. The left inlane doesnt seem to be flush with the flipper. When the ball comes down the inlane and hits the flipper rubber it bounces just a bit which makes it harder to hit shots. Should it be that way? And if not how do I adjust that? Ive never done flipper adjustments. Pic attached but its so slight its hard to tell.
[quoted image]

Loosen up the screws on the ball guide and push up, hold it and re tighten.

#9457 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Loosen up the screws on the ball guide and push up, hold it and re tighten.

ok so its not the flipper at all? Will do that later tonight. thanks!

#9458 3 years ago

That worked. thanks!

#9459 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

That worked. thanks!

Awesome! Now you'll appreciate every time there's no flipper hop

#9460 3 years ago

Just a fellow jersey person helping me out. Thx

#9461 3 years ago

Thought I’d try out what I’ve been meaning to do from over a year ago when I picked it up. 5050 cool whites all around.

50DFA3E7-E0AF-4B73-AFE6-6438DAC56555 (resized).jpeg50DFA3E7-E0AF-4B73-AFE6-6438DAC56555 (resized).jpeg

#9462 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Thought I’d try out what I’ve been meaning to do from over a year ago when I picked it up. 5050 cool whites all around.
[quoted image]

I don't hate it. Would like to see a pic at night with no ambient light in the room, and the photo seems a little overexposed.

#9463 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I am team pro as well. Biggest factor for me is costs. When the pro has the same light show, exact same layout, very similar art, and essentially identical gameplay it's a no brainer for me. If you are stuck between pro/premium, I would just get whichever one you can find. If you get a pro, you could always swap it out for a premium later if one becomes available.

#9464 3 years ago

Ok, I know nothing about filters, exposure rates, etc... That being said heres a side by side of my JP in a dark room with stock lighting vs. Pinstadiums on cool white setting only (no dumb colors). I think it looks immediately better with the cool white stadium lighting. Just a crappy cell phone pic. I'm no photographer.

Screenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#9465 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I am team pro as well. Biggest factor for me is costs. When the pro has the same light show, exact same layout, very similar art, and essentially identical gameplay it's a no brainer for me. If you are stuck between pro/premium, I would just get whichever one you can find. If you get a pro, you could always swap it out for a premium later if one becomes available.

But it's not the exact same layout...

#9466 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ok, I know nothing about filters, exposure rates, etc... That being said heres a side by side of my JP in a dark room with stock lighting vs. Pinstadiums on cool white setting only (no dumb colors). I think it looks immediately better with the cool white stadium lighting. Just a crappy cell phone pic. I'm no photographer.
[quoted image]

I'm a bug fan of pinstadiums and have them on all 4 of my machines. I love the versatility of them! Really helps light JP up!

#9467 3 years ago

[quoted image]

It’s hard to get proper exposure on a cell phone and those pics are still a little over exposed (very hot in the sling area, and color washed out in pops), but it is a great side-by-side comparison that gives a good visual of the differences.

BTW, I rarely take the time to get out my digital SLR camera since the cell phone is just too easy, so I’m not criticizing anyone for their photography (unless you start posting blurry or improperly rotated photos, then I have no issues shaming someone).

#9468 3 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I went with a JP Pro for the sake of cost. I like the articulating T-Rex, but it doesn't change the game enough for me. The Raptor Pen on the premium is the one thing I wish the Pro had. But, oh well, I've added some mods and still enjoy playing it after owning for a few months. Both choices are good ones.

#9469 3 years ago

New Premium run pushed back to Mid to late March now...

#9470 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

New Premium run pushed back to Mid to late March now...

Where you see that..?

#9471 3 years ago

I had the post by the upper flipper snap off last night. I can't find the part number in the manual. Anybody know what that number is. I contacted Stern but they haven't returned my call yet.

#9472 3 years ago

The pro vs premium debate is so old,I have a pro and love it,mods to the hilt and T. rex alive mod so the rex at least moves back and forth but would I rather have a premium yes in almost all cases the premium is the way to go if you can get one and have the funds.

The pro are always a good value and really almost just as much fun ,almost!

#9473 3 years ago

Is there anyway to order some better pop bumper tops for the pro? Normally everything has a detailed part number but of course to push people towards the more expensive machines nothing unique to the premium has a parts number

#9474 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

But it's not the exact same layout...

Ok but close enough. Same ramps and shots. Raptor pin a bit different with the door on premium but still same shot imo. Trex is same shot on both. It's not like the premium has any extra ramps, subways, mini pf's or anything like that.

#9475 3 years ago

Hey everyone

I was planning on using the premium copter blade on my PRO, has anyone else done this?
I’m not sure exactly if I need the whole new assembly or just some of the parts? Could anyone help me out, here is the parts list.

E7F2626F-9E7B-4F1A-BCDF-5F6F43F46ADB (resized).jpegE7F2626F-9E7B-4F1A-BCDF-5F6F43F46ADB (resized).jpeg
#9476 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

Plunked down the money for my first ever pinball machine today. A Jurassic Park Pro. It's been a lot time coming, been living in an apartment until the ripe age of 44, where a wife and child prompted the move to a house. Still have about 3 weeks of renovations to the new house to get throigh before I cam get it shipped.

so awesome. enjoy.

#9477 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where you see that..?

In the email from my dealer.

#9478 3 years ago

[quoted image]

looks like it helps some. I am not a big fan of pinstadiums. They are just too expensive for what you get. My new game room has great lighting so no need for those things anymore.

#9479 3 years ago
Quoted from Magno:

Hey everyone
I was planning on using the premium copter blade on my PRO, has anyone else done this?
I’m not sure exactly if I need the whole new assembly or just some of the parts? Could anyone help me out, here is the parts list.[quoted image]

Hmmm. Why?? Not only would you need the whole assembly (probably pretty expensive if you can even buy it) but you'll have to drill your playfield. For what? The blades won't have the light, sound, and score feature of the prem. The pro isn't wired or programmed for it. You'd be better off just getting a helicopter mod like seen in this thread...

6E4DE75D-E0B8-4B9B-A5D1-559DFF0E00BE (resized).jpeg6E4DE75D-E0B8-4B9B-A5D1-559DFF0E00BE (resized).jpegC325097E-132C-4F8B-8E30-065075F58EC2 (resized).jpegC325097E-132C-4F8B-8E30-065075F58EC2 (resized).jpeg
#9480 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

In the email from my dealer.

I got an email too. 3rd week in March.

#9481 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

looks like it helps some. I am not a big fan of pinstadiums. They are just too expensive for what you get. My new game room has great lighting so no need for those things anymore.

I love them...room lighting does nothing for my game lighting...but they are pricey

#9482 3 years ago

I have a brand new in box tilt topper Jurassic Park topper in green. (I did open it to make sure it wasn't broken) I had ordered one many many months ago and it finally came. In the meantime, I was impatient and purchased another one from the Pinside marketplace. I'm open to offers but I may just list it on eBay with no reserve starting at .99 and let it sell for whatever the market brings or do you think I should list it in the Pinside market place at best offer? Thanks!

8E8578ED-5832-4728-8B49-1F143D2FCA05 (resized).jpeg8E8578ED-5832-4728-8B49-1F143D2FCA05 (resized).jpeg93698FA5-92E0-4F92-A3E8-46CAC97DD737 (resized).jpeg93698FA5-92E0-4F92-A3E8-46CAC97DD737 (resized).jpeg
#9483 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I agree about the price, and I don't really need all the colors, the app, etc.. I just want extra white lighting. Therefore, I started making my own kit that taps into the G.I. turns on/off with the game. Easy cheezy. Simple and effective. Here's a home made kit on my NGG...

20200418_214118 (resized).jpg20200418_214118 (resized).jpg
#9484 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

A couple thousand games through my premium, haven't had to do a single thing to the Trex.
I love my premium, but the pro is still a fine game, in terms of actual gameplay the only real downgrade is the raptor pit, that pass through is kind of lame comparatively (and doesn't really add any flow) but shouldn't be a deal breaker.
It is one of sterns best pro models and if you do end up getting a pro I don't think you will be dissapointed and I doubt you would wind up upgrading down the line.

same here. no issues with the T-Rex since I bought it 1 year and 3000 games ago. I am waiting to play a pro though, because both models rock.

#9485 3 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Got the call as well... high on the list though... 1st week in March... will see....

#9486 3 years ago

Did stern ever get the playfield issues figured out. Wife wants me to order a premium from the next run.

#9487 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Did stern ever get the playfield issues figured out. Wife wants me to order a premium from the next run.

Hope so, I've got one coming in the next batch!

#9488 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

The main PF issues were only with the original Pro's and were fixed by the time the LE's came out. That said the factory were still over tightening some of the ball guides and apron, so you would see pics of machines with chipping or pooling but haven't seen people posting issues from the more recent runs of the game.

#9489 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I had the post by the upper flipper snap off last night. I can't find the part number in the manual. Anybody know what that number is. I contacted Stern but they haven't returned my call yet.

Crap - haven't heard of that happening before. That was just the ball striking it? How many games do you have on your machine?

#9490 3 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Why the down vote on @JMCFAN?

#9491 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Why the down vote on JMCFAN?

Just noticed that.... hmmm no idea....just relaying what my distributor told me on a voicemail.....

#9492 3 years ago

Joined the club today! First Pin. Very excited to get into it. My dealer recommended I wax the playfield right away. Is this the pinsider recommendation as well?

#9493 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Why the down vote on JMCFAN?

Sorry. Must of hit it by accident and did not notice. No down vote.

#9494 3 years ago
Quoted from DMVPin:

Joined the club today! First Pin. Very excited to get into it. My dealer recommended I wax the playfield right away. Is this the pinsider recommendation as well?

No. Clean(wipe with dry cloth or whatever) the playfield of any dust/debris from factory, clean the balls before putting them in, then play.

#9495 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

No. Clean(wipe with dry cloth or whatever) the playfield of any dust/debris from factory, clean the balls before putting them in, then play.

How do all clean the "PINBALL" balls....?

#9496 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

How do all clean the "PINBALL" balls....?

Wipe with soft dry cloth. They are a bit oily when they are shipped.

#9497 3 years ago

Is this a common thing on the premiums? I swear this happens almost every day. Glass has to come off.

46C19558-DBA4-42B4-9796-70FE0E4A032E (resized).jpeg46C19558-DBA4-42B4-9796-70FE0E4A032E (resized).jpeg
#9498 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is this a common thing on the premiums? I swear this happens almost every day. Glass has to come off.
[quoted image]

I've never had that happen on my JP Premium, looks like you could just loosen the screws holding down the metal ramp and adjust it a bit away from copter blades.

I think it should just hit the big blades

#9499 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I've never had that happen on my JP Premium, looks like you could just loosen the screws holding down the metal ramp and adjust it a bit away from the copter blades.

Ditto.

#9500 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

[quoted image]

Also happens to me. Mostly during multiball. Last night I had three stacked in a row on the wireform

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
$ 14.95
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/190?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.