(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 427.
#9352 3 years ago

I don't get it. The settings say the auto replay is set to 65 mil but I never get the replay

#9353 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I don't get it. The settings say the auto replay is set to 65 mil but I never get the replay

I think you need to set the award for replay to extra ball, if that's what you're looking for.

#9354 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

The default free credit for Replay is irrelevant when in Free Play mode and so it's quite possibly disabled automatically.

To test, take it out of free play mode, puts some credits on it and then see if you get a replay.

#9355 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

1200 games in and finally got around to changing the left screw on the side ramp with a flat head screw and man it's just a whole new game. Can't believe I suffered through that for so long.
Had a new unique thing just happen the past 50 games or so, the uppost in front of the control room had been sinking so the ball would get trapped in the hole, and ever since I screwed it back up, now after a trapped control room shot, the ball will instead immediately bounce against the side on the left on its way down so it doesn't slide down the curved left side, so that the ball will 75% of the time end up going down the left outlane. For the previous 1,150 games, the ball would always just roll down along the left side and slowly be able to drop and be controlled by the left flipper.
Needless to say, having the ball drain 75% after a control room shot is no fun, anyone else have this happen or know a way to tweak to fix?

Quoted from Manny65:

Typically the ball will go onto the left flipper, some people have reported issues with it going SDTM but not heard of it going down the left outlane. Probably worthwhile checking the PF is still level side-to-side, also what pitch do you have the PF at as this changes where the ball falls? I assume you've checked the up post is flush to the PF - if you manually release a ball at the C target with the up post down, does it bounce off the rail? Does it vary as to whether the ball is more on the left or the right side of the control room lane?
Oh and I'm guessing there is no PF damage at the up post hole or damage to the up post itself?

It looks like it's because the ball has become magnetized, so the ball is drawn towards the metal up post on the way down , moving it away from the left and leaving it to drop straight down into the left outlanes opposed to rolling along the side on the left. So I presume I need to de-magnetize my pinballs, but do they need to stay magnetized for the T-Rex magnets to work?

#9356 3 years ago

Holy hell is the post in front of the 3rd flipper a bitch to tighten once it comes loose.

#9357 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

It looks like it's because the ball has become magnetized, so the ball is drawn towards the metal up post on the way down , moving it away from the left and leaving it to drop straight down into the left outlanes opposed to rolling along the side on the left. So I presume I need to de-magnetize my pinballs, but do they need to stay magnetized for the T-Rex magnets to work?

Hell no! It's best to use standard carbon-steel balls in machines with magnets, that said you can use chrome balls (these are shinier) however these will become magnetised over a period of time. When ball have become magnetised, it's best to simply replace them

#9358 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Holy hell is the post in front of the 3rd flipper a bitch to tighten once it comes loose.

Ya have to drop the flipper assembly to get to that nut under the playfield.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think you need to set the award for replay to extra ball, if that's what you're looking for.

It's been set to extra ball since day one

#9360 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ya have to drop the flipper assembly to get to that nut under the playfield.

I was able to do it without removing flipper assembly but definitely was not easy.

#9361 3 years ago

I need to finally get around to adjusting the launch fork ramp, it's really having issues getting up the starting ramp. Also I checked my machine with a level and it seems like it's properly leveled but the ball just repeatedly gets suck up at the top of the game in the pops area and near the spitter gate. idk

#9363 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I need to finally get around to adjusting the launch fork ramp, it's really having issues getting up the starting ramp. Also I checked my machine with a level and it seems like it's properly leveled but the ball just repeatedly gets suck up at the top of the game in the pops area and near the spitter gate. idk

That gate is a pretty common hang-up that can be adjusted easily. Rest a ball on it and see exactly how it is getting stuck. Then just bend the wire gate so that doesn't happen. But I would verify that you are level and at the right pitch (at least 6.5, but 7 is probably better for this game) before doing that. Same thing for the raptor pen gate.

Good luck with the ball launch. That can be a bear. Besides any physical tweaking to the forks and ramp itself, you may need to play with the autoplunger power adjustment. It sounds counterintuitive, but in some cases turning down the power helps. But it varies from machine to machine.

#9364 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That gate is a pretty common hang-up that can be adjusted easily. Rest a ball on it and see exactly how it is getting stuck. Then just bend the wire gate so that doesn't happen. But I would verify that you are level and at the right pitch (at least 6.5, but 7 is probably better for this game) before doing that. Same thing for the raptor pen gate.
Good luck with the ball launch. That can be a bear. Besides any physical tweaking to the forks and ramp itself, you may need to play with the autoplunger power adjustment. It sounds counterintuitive, but in some cases turning down the power helps. But it varies from machine to machine.

It's both the auto and manual plunger

#9365 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

It's both the auto and manual plunger

Yeah...not a surprise with this launch design. Make sure your manual plunger is centered on the ball, both horizontally and vertically. Make sure your plunger rod end rubber is seated all the way down and not worn. Beyond that, experiment with how far you pull the plunger. If you find that it's more successful with a shorter plunge, maybe try a weaker spring. If full plunges barely have the power to make it around, try a stronger one.

#9366 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

except your trough light barely puts out any light and you've got 10 smds. You can't see the trees for example. the purpose of these is to brighten it up so you can see and highlight the artwork better. Here's what ours looks like with a cool white and just 6 smds.
Your backboard lighting looks decent, but 50smds? How much power are you pulling from that strip? Maybe your dimmer helps with power draw. We can light up that area with less than half (like 20-23) those SMDs in a 15" strip.
[quoted image]

here's a picbof my pro with Lermods trough, backboard led strips in warm white. also added his Trex flasher kit and the Dino egg. all look amazing!

20210126_180106 (resized).jpg20210126_180106 (resized).jpg
#9367 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

except your trough light barely puts out any light and you've got 10 smds. You can't see the trees for example. the purpose of these is to brighten it up so you can see and highlight the artwork better. Here's what ours looks like with a cool white and just 6 smds.
Your backboard lighting looks decent, but 50smds? How much power are you pulling from that strip? Maybe your dimmer helps with power draw. We can light up that area with less than half (like 20-23) those SMDs in a 15" strip.
[quoted image]

here's a picbof my pro with Lermods trough, backboard led strips in warm white. also added his Trex flasher kit and the Dino egg. all look amazing!

Quoted from Phbooms:

Thats strange, mine are frosted warm whites and are stock. Is yours a premium/LE? I just noticed yours looking alot more crisp like cool whites plus the cool white trough light and was wondering what your thoughts were when you switched from warm to cool but sounds like you never had to.

mine are warm white as well, that'd why I went with warm white kits from lermods.

#9369 3 years ago

Does anybody know how many GI white bulbs the game has in it? Im going to order clear bulbs but stay warm white. I just ordered Lermods backboard and trough light kits for JP(thanks Roger Walters for pics) and SW.

#9370 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm on 1.02 code and can't seem to find any settings for an autoplunger power adjustment. Where is it?
or do I need to get on 1.03 code?

#9371 3 years ago

I am back and so IN. I PM'ed you as well.

I must have 50 items from you on all my 4 machines that have passed thru my hands. HHAAH. Great work on all items..

Tantrum is a sticker, cards, magnets expert . If you guys want to see some of my items on my machines let me know.

#9372 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Does anybody know how many GI white bulbs the game has in it? Im going to order clear bulbs but stay warm white. I just ordered Lermods backboard and trough light kits for JP(thanks Roger Walters for pics) and SW.

I believe it was 27 but I'm not positive.

#9373 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I believe it was 27 but I'm not positive.

Thanks you. Ill order 30 just in case.

Now the next question. The bulbs in it are 6.3v but Spike runs at 5v to the GIs im told. So i got recommended 5v bulbs, will they make a difference running 5v bulbs vs the 6.3v bulbs?

#9374 3 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

I'm on 1.02 code and can't seem to find any settings for an autoplunger power adjustment. Where is it?
or do I need to get on 1.03 code?

Sorry I no longer have my JP, but it was definitely there when I had it, and most other modern games have it. For example, my AIQ has it under Adjustments - Game - #188 Auto Plunger Power. I would assume JP's is around the same place.

#9375 3 years ago

Anyone has a spare matchbox helicopter they’d sell me? Please PM me if you do. thanks!!!

EB9EBE15-901C-43FB-AAFE-88DEF05BFE26 (resized).jpegEB9EBE15-901C-43FB-AAFE-88DEF05BFE26 (resized).jpeg

#9376 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Anyone has a spare matchbox helicopter they’d sell me? Please PM me if you do. thanks!!!
[quoted image]

Great timing, I have 2 and getting one ready to mount and have a spare.

#9377 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah...not a surprise with this launch design. Make sure your manual plunger is centered on the ball, both horizontally and vertically. Make sure your plunger rod end rubber is seated all the way down and not worn. Beyond that, experiment with how far you pull the plunger. If you find that it's more successful with a shorter plunge, maybe try a weaker spring. If full plunges barely have the power to make it around, try a stronger one.

I was under the impression that it's the left side of the fork that needs to be slightly lifted up

#9378 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Great timing, I have 2 and getting one ready to mount and have a spare.

Thanks, can you PM me details.

#9379 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I was under the impression that it's the left side of the fork that needs to be slightly lifted up

Yes it's the left side that typically needs to be raised

#9380 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Also I checked my machine with a level and it seems like it's properly leveled but the ball just repeatedly gets suck up at the top of the game in the pops area and near the spitter gate. idk

Have you tried adjusting the spinner gate as suggested https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/185#post-6088169 - it's take less than a minute to fix it

In regards to the ball hang in the pops - I assume it is just to the right of the SM/Chaos gate, is that right? If you place a ball where it gets hungup and then check if the gate was held open a faction more whether this would stop the ball resting in that spot - if so you can try adjusting that gate or the wire. If that doesn't seem to be the issue, post a pic of the ball hang

#9381 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Those 3 switches are all on Node 8 Connector CN11 - I'd suggest re-seating the connector. Then go into switch test mode and check left & right return and outlanes, Lite Escape, 2x scoring and the Helipad ramp switches (all of these switches are on the same connector) - let us know how you get on

Thanks @manny65. After a little further inspection (as in following the ground wire throughout most of the board) I discovered that it was slightly disconnected at the CN11 connection near the lockbar. It had wiggled its way out of its home. I would never have thought to check that though without the CN11 reseating tip. Working like new! Thanks again.

#9382 3 years ago

I've noticed with sterns that a lot of issues are loose connectors albeit drops targets, lighting etc. I couldn't understand why newish machines were having so many issues when my older bally Williams stood strong. Well I'm not necessarily putting it down to quality issues but I'm guessing most of us have shaker motors. Would it be reasonable to say shaker motors play a major role for our underplayfield connector issues?

Those with non shaker games can tell us if they experience many connector issues or not

#9383 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you tried adjusting the spinner gate as suggested https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/185#post-6088169 - it's take less than a minute to fix it
In regards to the ball hang in the pops - I assume it is just to the right of the SM/Chaos gate, is that right? If you place a ball where it gets hungup and then check if the gate was held open a faction more whether this would stop the ball resting in that spot - if so you can try adjusting that gate or the wire. If that doesn't seem to be the issue, post a pic of the ball hang

Yeah that's where it's at I'll check it out

#9384 3 years ago

Sorry for the delay. Here is the playfield with the right half of the GI switched to Comet clear cool white.
I took a poll in my household and it was evenly split as to which side looks better. Personally I like the cool whites so I am going to finish the swap. I really like the way it pulls out the blue color of the water.

JP1 (resized).jpgJP1 (resized).jpgJP2 (resized).jpgJP2 (resized).jpgJP3 (resized).jpgJP3 (resized).jpg
#9385 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Sorry for the delay. Here is the playfield with the right half of the GI switched to Comet clear cool white.
I took a poll in my household and it was evenly split as to which side looks better. Personally I like the cool whites so I am going to finish the swap. I really like the way it pulls out the blue color of the water.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Agreed! Love how it makes the blues pop!

#9386 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

I took a poll in my household and it was evenly split as to which side looks better. Personally I like the cool whites so I am going to finish the swap. I really like the way it pulls out the blue color of the water.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for sharing

#9387 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry I no longer have my JP, but it was definitely there when I had it, and most other modern games have it. For example, my AIQ has it under Adjustments - Game - #188 Auto Plunger Power. I would assume JP's is around the same place.

thanks, I'll go through the settings again.

#9388 3 years ago

Has any added in the rumble motor to a pro? Is it worth it?

#9389 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Very worth it. The machine shakes with every step the T-Rex takes during the chase mode. It's incredible.

#9390 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Quoted from Soulstoner:

Very worth it. The machine shakes with every step the T-Rex takes during the chase mode. It's incredible.

One of the best if not THE best shaker integration ever. I have shakers in most of my games but in this one it actually makes sense and is more than just haptic feedback.

#9391 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Nice! Did you put the 5v bulbs Comet makes for the Spike system in?

#9392 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Nice! Did you put the 5v bulbs Comet makes for the Spike system in?

Actually, I just used their standard bulbs. They work fine but might be a tiny bit dimmer than if you use the 5V bulbs made for Spike.
I used the standard bulbs because I already had them on hand.

#9393 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Actually, I just used their standard bulbs. They work fine but might be a tiny bit dimmer than if you use the 5V bulbs made for Spike.
I used the standard bulbs because I already had them on hand.

Cool i was just wondering if you could tell difference between 5v and 6.3v? I ordered 5v warm whites yesterday to give them a try along with backboard and trough lights. Ill post a pic and what i think of switching to 5v when they get here.

#9394 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Have had my pro for a few weeks, shaker is VERY worth it as most have said here.

#9395 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Cool i was just wondering if you could tell difference between 5v and 6.3v? I ordered 5v warm whites yesterday to give them a try along with backboard and trough lights. Ill post a pic and what i think of switching to 5v when they get here.

Ive used the Comet 10 led strips and and haven't noticed any dimming. I soldered these onto the 5volt flasher sockets.

20210128_141955 (resized).jpg20210128_141955 (resized).jpg20210128_142059 (resized).jpg20210128_142059 (resized).jpg20210128_142438 (resized).jpg20210128_142438 (resized).jpg
#9396 3 years ago
Quoted from Torre:

Those pics are clearly overexposed. Anyway you can filter exposure with something that looks more accurate to in-person view and repost pics?

#9397 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Those pics are clearly overexposed. Anyway you can filter exposure with something that looks more accurate to in-person view and repost pics?

IMDN comes with cool white....most people switched to comet sunlight. Sunlight I think looks great.

#9398 3 years ago

I’m in as well.

#9399 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Have had my pro for a few weeks, shaker is VERY worth it as most have said here.

I like the shaker. I took mine one step down from maximum use. It was going way too crazy on the Trex MB intro lol.

#9400 3 years ago

I'd like to be in. Please PM me with payment instructions

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.