(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,259 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by ChrisBardon
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 426.
#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I'd like to give an update on some mods I've installed. I mentioned earlier the 3D raptor toy that was poorly done. Well today I got a box of mods from mezel mods and I'd like to give people a cautionary tale.
First up I went to install the spinning helicopter mod. The instructions say to just pull on the post and unscrew it and it will come undone. This was NOT the case. This took me about an hour to accomplish. The screw underneath would just spin with the post no matter what. I had to get a pair of needlenose pliers to get underneath it and grab the tiny screw while unscrewing it. Even doing this was INCREDIBLY difficult. My hands are all torn up and it took me an hour all said and done. Instructions were very poor. Also in the instructions it shows there's 3 pieces of tape stuck to the bottom. I only got one unattached that I had to cut up into smaller pieces.
Secondly I got the raptor pen mod. The instructions and pictures on their page make it seem like it comes with 2 pieces of wire. Instead I got 1 and it was all wrapped around itself which led to the wire being all bent up. The biggest issue however was that one of the pegs that have the holes that you thread the wire through was broken off at some point in the manufacturing process. It wasn't anywhere in the box so it must have happened on location. Also the idea that you're supposed to be able to easily tape on the 10,000 volt sign onto the wire is pretty silly. There's no way it would have held on it was just barely hanging on. I ended up super gluing it to the wire.
Overall given what I paid I'm pretty unimpressed.
That being said I took the instructions of 2manyhobbies and added the brachiosaurus and it looks great.

I made my own copter, but it took me about ten minutes to install once I drilled it properly. That shaft fell thru into my game and. Just had to pop it back in and put it back together.
If I remember correct, the instructions for the raptor pen wire say to cut it to desired length, so I wasn't confused by that- and the volts sign was simple to hang. I just peeled the backing of some double sided tape half way, stuck it on, and put the backing back on. It's held up for months with a shaker motor. It sucks your post was broken, but I love this mod, and don't mind the D.I.Y. aspect, as you can make it look how you want.
Just my experience.

#9202 3 years ago

Great game, but I think I'm going to have to switch to 5 ball.

#9203 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Secondly I got the raptor pen mod. The instructions and pictures on their page make it seem like it comes with 2 pieces of wire. Instead I got 1 and it was all wrapped around itself which led to the wire being all bent up. The biggest issue however was that one of the pegs that have the holes that you thread the wire through was broken off at some point in the manufacturing process. It wasn't anywhere in the box so it must have happened on location. Also the idea that you're supposed to be able to easily tape on the 10,000 volt sign onto the wire is pretty silly. There's no way it would have held on it was just barely hanging on. I ended up super gluing it to the wire.
That being said I took the instructions of 2manyhobbies and added the brachiosaurus and it looks great.

I never considered the wire being bent to be a big deal. I assume it was to look like the raptors have escaped and gotten through the wires like in the movie. I bent mine a little more and made an extra cut to make the effect stand out.

As said above, a dab of glue is all it takes for the sign, nothing to be stressed about.

#9204 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I'd like to give an update on some mods I've installed. I mentioned earlier the 3D raptor toy that was poorly done. Well today I got a box of mods from mezel mods and I'd like to give people a cautionary tale.
First up I went to install the spinning helicopter mod. The instructions say to just pull on the post and unscrew it and it will come undone. This was NOT the case. This took me about an hour to accomplish. The screw underneath would just spin with the post no matter what. I had to get a pair of needlenose pliers to get underneath it and grab the tiny screw while unscrewing it. Even doing this was INCREDIBLY difficult. My hands are all torn up and it took me an hour all said and done. Instructions were very poor. Also in the instructions it shows there's 3 pieces of tape stuck to the bottom. I only got one unattached that I had to cut up into smaller pieces.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve found a lot of pinball mods to be grossly overpriced and barely worth the shipping cost, so this doesn’t surprise me.

There are exceptions of course.

#9205 3 years ago

Just go for the extra balls in the game...It’ll be hard to feel good about any accomplishments you’ve made with the training wheels on. Practice makes perfect.

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Great game, but I think I'm going to have to switch to 5 ball.

#9206 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just go for the extra balls in the game...It’ll be hard to feel good about any accomplishments you’ve made with the training wheels on. Practice makes perfect.

I usually get 1 extra ball for rescues. Where's the other extra balls hiding out? More rescues? Set for score?

#9207 3 years ago

Capture Trex for extra ball, another extra ball in the smart rocket menu...there are more as well. Gotta study that rule book to get good at this game.

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I usually get 1 extra ball for rescues. Where's the other extra balls hiding out? More rescues? Set for score?

#9208 3 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

I feel the same way on this game. The only thing I can figure is that people are trapping and shooting. Maybe I suck and need to play better, idk. Seems like everyone is consistently getting 500MM+. My GC is like 350MM and I have only gotten over 100MM like 5 times.
On the flip side, I read about people never reaching the wizard mode in Shadow and I can get there every 25 or so games. So I’m not a bad player IMO, I just suck at this game apparently. I don’t get it.
I know, I know, play better haha

Not sure if I am posting correctly so here goes , I have had my game for just over a year , only in the past couple months have I starting paying more attention to the rules. My top game is 450M or so and like you I just don't understand how someone can get over a billion. Just the shear randomness of ball draining to Nedry or SDTM. I am playing on a stock game and have adjusted nothing, I just noticed the outlane posts are slotted holes , should I be moving those down to lessen the drains ? Any help would be appreciated

#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from Metalman:

Not sure if I am posting correctly so here goes , I have had my game for just over a year , only in the past couple months have I starting paying more attention to the rules. My top game is 450M or so and like you I just don't understand how someone can get over a billion. Just the shear randomness of ball draining to Nedry or SDTM. I am playing on a stock game and have adjusted nothing, I just noticed the outlane posts are slotted holes , should I be moving those down to lessen the drains ? Any help would be appreciated

My high score is similar to yours. I'm not proud of it, but I brought both outlane posts all the way down and turned down my sling power.

#9210 3 years ago

Turn your sling power down a bit....if anything move the Nedry outlane down one slot. Getting over 1 bil is not out of reach even for novice players but you HAVE TO have a solid understanding of the rules, you’ve got to stay on a single path to visitors center and you’ve got to incorporate some amount of focused trap and shoot play style. My high is only about 3 bil stock factory normal tilt and I’m unhappy about it. The reason I love this game is because it forces you to be a better player and it severely punishes you when you’re just flipping around.

Quoted from Metalman:

#9211 3 years ago

Put the game on 5 balls or more. It's your game. I'm sure there are other things in the menu to make the game easier if you like. Have fun!

#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Question about the spinner shot. Is it supposed to go around to the upper flipper or go into the pops? Mine rattles and goes into the pops about 90% of the time. Slower spinner shots will go around to the upper flipper but clean, fast spinner shots will almost always rattle and go into the pops.

There are reasons for both - check out my post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/177#post-6052917

#9213 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Six Extra Balls can be collected:
Lights Extra Ball at the right ramp:
- Collecting 6 Rescues
- Collecting 6 DNA combos (with code v1.03)
Immediately awards Extra Ball:
- Successfully capturing the T-Rex
- The “Extra Ball” Smart Missile award
- Completing Fossil Set 2
- Collecting the fifth Super Supply Drop

#9214 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Been trying to lock in the best hurry up for Feed Trex and think I did it by completely the JP build on the upper loop. Anyone see 7 million?
[quoted image]

Quoted from MikeS:

6,750,000 is my highest as well. Curious to see if anyone has gotten over 7 million though.

Just did a 7,956,xxx T-Rex Fed - had 2x PF scoring and only helipad left but didn't want to stuff it up. Now the challenge is if I can get all of them with 2x scoring ...

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

The biggest issue however was that one of the pegs that have the holes that you thread the wire through was broken off at some point in the manufacturing process.

I've actually created a better sign design that can be used on Mezel's raptor pit (or mine) as well as other areas such as the helipad where some people have put wiring. I sell them for $10 for 2 and they include your choice of sign on front.

You run the wire through the holes and bend in center around block to prevent rotation.
HNCI5045 (resized).JPGHNCI5045 (resized).JPG

Here are pics installed in my pin
BMPN2329 (resized).JPGBMPN2329 (resized).JPG
Looks better than seeing globs of glue on the back
QERA4421 (resized).JPGQERA4421 (resized).JPG

Here are my sign options
signs (resized).jpgsigns (resized).jpg

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Turn your sling power down a bit....if anything move the Nedry outlane down one slot. Getting over 1 bil is not out of reach even for novice players but you HAVE TO have a solid understanding of the rules, you’ve got to stay on a single path to visitors center and you’ve got to incorporate some amount of focused trap and shoot play style. My high is only about 3 bil stock factory normal tilt and I’m unhappy about it. The reason I love this game is because it forces you to be a better player and it severely punishes you when you’re just flipping around.

Thanks for the input guys, this is an awesome game (albeit frustrating at times ) and a great site for information . I will make a few changes and keep on playing. Cheers !

#9217 3 years ago

It has been too long without pinball in my life, and I couldn’t wait any longer for my R&M standard to be built later this year, so I’m joining the club to get some flips in while waiting for my R&M.

Enjoyed this game on location and looking forward to it—my housewarming present to myself at my new apartment next month.

#9218 3 years ago

Regarding extra balls, I’ll pass on what I have drilled into my own head: First smart missile-hit action button 2 times for +5 rescues-often immediately lights extra ball (if hit, obviously). Second smart missile-hit action button 3 times for extra ball award (if first s.m. was a successful hit). I do it without looking now, which is pretty helpful if in the middle of a multi-ball.

#9219 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've actually created a better sign design that can be used on Mezel's raptor pit (or mine) as well as other areas such as the helipad where some people have put wiring. I sell them for $10 for 2 and they include your choice of sign on front.
You run the wire through the holes and bend in center around block to prevent rotation.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's dope thanks but I already got this one on with super glue.

#9220 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I tried google search but didn't find it....do you happen to have a pic of someone with wiring around their helipad?

Anyway, nice mod though. If mine starts showing like its about to fall all, I'll definitely order.

#9221 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I tried google search but didn't find it....do you happen to have a pic of someone with wiring around their helipad?
Anyway, nice mod though. If mine starts showing like its about to fall all, I'll definitely order.

Just added a pic of mine to the post.

#9222 3 years ago

I just realized Dennis Nedry is "Nerdy" with the "rd" reversed. Dennis was the computer nerd, so wondering if this was the origin of his name or just coincidental.

#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I just realized Dennis Nedry is "Nerdy" with the "rd" reversed. Dennis was the computer nerd, so wondering if this was the origin of his name or just coincidental.

That's what we call him as we curse out that right outlane!

#9224 3 years ago

I noticed a rattling coming from the rear left of the machine yesterday during louder moments in the game. Anyone else notice this?

#9225 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I noticed a rattling coming from the rear left of the machine yesterday during louder moments in the game. Anyone else notice this?

Only when at your house

#9226 3 years ago

First time pin owner here. I picked up a lightly used JP pro last April and my family and I have spent quarantine playing it a ton. I believe it had around 500 plays when I bought it second hand for $5,000, and it now has 4,500 lifetime plays.

Anyway, we are planning to move from Indiana to Colorado this summer and I am curious what the best way to move a pin would be. Any advice from those who have moved their pins would be great. Would I be better off selling my JP pro prior to the move, and then purchasing another used one out in Colorado? Curious to find out the best way to end up with this amazing game at our new home out west.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Kevin

#9227 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

First time pin owner here. I picked up a lightly used JP pro last April and my family and I have spent quarantine playing it a ton. I believe it had around 500 plays when I bought it second hand for $5,000, and it now has 4,500 lifetime plays.
Anyway, we are planning to move from Indiana to Colorado this summer and I am curious what the best way to move a pin would be. Any advice from those who have moved their pins would be great. Would I be better off selling my JP pro prior to the move, and then purchasing another used one out in Colorado? Curious to find out the best way to end up with this amazing game at our new home out west.
Kevin

Id sell it and buy a Premium(not that a Pro isnt awesome i have one) when you get moved in as a house warming gift for the family.

#9228 3 years ago

Ship it to yourself via STI

Kevin

#9229 3 years ago

Joined the club today with a Pro! First game I hit high score #3 with 268 million. Feels amazing.

Can’t wait to explore the rules and get to that visitors center.

Ive already noticed that sometimes launching with the plunger will not fully make the 180 ramp from the shooter lane, but the launch button will. Not sure if that’s by design or not, but it caught me off guard right away.

9A5330BA-4B37-4058-94E3-53C83B9313DF (resized).jpeg9A5330BA-4B37-4058-94E3-53C83B9313DF (resized).jpegDB690935-0BC7-421A-B4B3-8C8F94FF6BD3 (resized).jpegDB690935-0BC7-421A-B4B3-8C8F94FF6BD3 (resized).jpeg6189A9F0-4C11-4680-98A5-5CD1C503F6BF (resized).jpeg6189A9F0-4C11-4680-98A5-5CD1C503F6BF (resized).jpeg
#9230 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Ive already noticed that sometimes launching with the plunger will not fully make the 180 ramp from the shooter lane, but the launch button will. Not sure if that’s by design or not, but it caught me off guard right away.

Check that the plunger tip is aligned to strike the centre of the ball

#9231 3 years ago

Kevin

Um, pack it up and move it with all your other belongings...? Am I missing something? It's really very simple to remove the balls, throw a blanket on it, fold down the head and shrink wrap it.

#9232 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Regarding extra balls, I’ll pass on what I have drilled into my own head: First smart missile-hit action button 2 times for +5 rescues-often immediately lights extra ball (if hit, obviously). Second smart missile-hit action button 3 times for extra ball award (if first s.m. was a successful hit). I do it without looking now, which is pretty helpful if in the middle of a multi-ball.

You can also set the free game score to reward an extra ball vice a credit.

#9233 3 years ago

Looking for some advice. Fresh out of the box my left pop bumper does not fire when a ball hits it. I can fire the coil manually in test. However a ball will not cause it to fire . Makes collecting amber awards and chaos multi-ball very difficult . Anyone have a suggestion how I would approach fixing this ?

#9234 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

Looking for some advice. Fresh out of the box my left pop bumper does not fire when a ball hits it. I can fire the coil manually in test. However a ball will not cause it to fire . Makes collecting amber awards and chaos multi-ball very difficult . Anyone have a suggestion how I would approach fixing this ?

Sounds like a switch isn't registering. Put your game in switch test and manually press down on the skirt. See if it is registering.

#9235 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sounds like a switch isn't registering. Put your game in switch test and manually press down on the skirt. See if it is registering.

Thanks for the lightening fast response ! Yes you are correct the switch is not registering. Any switch repair suggestions?

#9236 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

Thanks for the lightening fast response ! Yes you are correct the switch is not registering. Any switch repair suggestions?

Just look at it. Probably something obvious like a de-soldered wire.

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Just look at it. Probably something obvious like a de-soldered wire.

Thats exactly what it was. Grateful for for this community! Thanks everyone

#9238 3 years ago

Quick question. The switch on the right half pipe (helicopter) isn't registering. Is the best fix likely replacing the switch altogether?

#9239 3 years ago
Quoted from Midwest77:

Quick question. The switch on the right half pipe (helicopter) isn't registering. Is the best fix likely replacing the switch altogether?

They don’t fail much. Most likely needs adjustment or wire is off somewhere.

#9240 3 years ago

The ball getting caught up in the top is a real problem for me, anyone else? I'm constantly having to tilt because the ball gets stuck.

#9241 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

The ball getting caught up in the top is a real problem for me, anyone else? I'm constantly having to tilt because the ball gets stuck.

The top where?

#9242 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

They don’t fail much. Most likely needs adjustment or wire is off somewhere.

Thanks. I'll give it a detailed look. Switch itself looks fine.

#9243 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

I never considered the wire being bent to be a big deal. I assume it was to look like the raptors have escaped and gotten through the wires like in the movie. I bent mine a little more and made an extra cut to make the effect stand out.
As said above, a dab of glue is all it takes for the sign, nothing to be stressed about.

Love the mezel mod raptor pen mod but its way better if you use uncoated picture hanging wire because you can shred it like the wire near the trex.

Also that last hook looks broken, its printed that way to look like it was broken out of...

64577579-C524-4682-837C-E23743AA8401 (resized).jpeg64577579-C524-4682-837C-E23743AA8401 (resized).jpeg
#9244 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Love the mezel mod raptor pen mod but its way better if you use uncoated picture hanging wire because you can shred it like the wire near the trex.
Also that last hook looks broken, its printed that way to look like it was broken out of...[quoted image]

love the Deadry

#9245 3 years ago

Also that last hook looks broken, its printed that way to look like it was broken out of...[quoted image]

I like the shredded wire look, I’ll have to pick some up next time I’m at the hardware store.

#9246 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]
Here are pics installed in my pin
[quoted image]
Looks better than seeing globs of glue on the back
[quoted image]
Here are my sign options
[quoted image]

I need this helicopter!!!! Then will also need the sign! Lol

#9247 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

The top where?

In the pop bumpers behind the wire in the smart missile shot and behind the gate above the spitter mostly

#9248 3 years ago

That's what they told me when I emailed them but their pictures on their page have it unbroken

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

In the pop bumpers behind the wire in the smart missile shot

This typically occurs if the machine is not level side-to-side

Quoted from ProjektPat:

behind the gate above the spitter mostly

This is a common issue, you may need to adjust the gate - check out this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/99#post-5630078

#9250 3 years ago

My first post and my first pin and unfortunately it's not the kind of first post I wanted to make.

So I got a new JP 2019 machine Pro model and for a few days everything is great and I love the game. Now starting yesterday I started to noticed strange pixilation issues with certain animation segments of the game, for example the helicopter at the start shows up very pixel artifacted then switches to normal and other videos in the game do the same thing. It got worse, now I'm getting frequent crashes of the game, it would just stop and resets. I'm on 1.03 code as it came with it. This is just a few days old machine, is there something I can do to fix the crashes and animations? I can't find anything in the support section that would help me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/185?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.