(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9,374 posts
  • 777 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,073 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210126_180106 (resized).jpg
JP.gif
IMG_5427 (resized).JPG
IMG_5431 (resized).JPG
IMG_5432 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210125_120633132 (resized).jpg
20210125_185240 (resized).jpg
20210125_190101 (resized).jpg
20210125_194422 (resized).jpg
trough (resized).JPG
67EA8BD0-170A-4803-98DB-60F85BC5BC6E (resized).jpeg
24B9DE3E-328A-4DB5-8437-6EB802727E34 (resized).jpeg
JP Shooter Lane (resized).jpg
16115568106941178569322 (resized).jpg
1611556659490621687302 (resized).jpg
1611556633367756346871 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 9374 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 188.
#9051 15 days ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

How hard was the install? Mine should arrive any day now

Not too hard really. Just took a bit of time, maybe 45 minutes for me. The instructions that he emailed go over everything you need for it. Worked exactly as described without having to do any tweaking.

#9052 14 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hit both flipper buttons simultaneously. It skips the animation. I do it all the time.

You cannot skip the opening animation where the Trex is screaming at you. You can skip the following animation sequence. Believe me, I try to skip it every single time even though I know you have to wait. I get not being able to skip certain animations that explain the game for location play. Still, I think all animation sequences longer than 2 seconds should be skippable.

#9053 14 days ago

Getting there. Still needed Museum Mayhem for EN. I don’t know why, but I can get to VC and SCR pretty regularly and still struggle for Museum Mayhem. Been using the tranquilizer a lot more lately which has really helped.

73DF78D9-9840-4B30-B091-2E02BBC97E4E (resized).jpeg
#9054 14 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Getting there. Still needed Museum Mayhem for EN. I don’t know why, but I can get to VC and SCR pretty regularly and still struggle for Museum Mayhem. Been using the tranquilizer a lot more lately which has really helped.
[quoted image]

I've had the game for about 15 months now and get to VC and SCR once in a while but somehow I've never seen KOTI or Museum Mayhem yet lol. I know how to get to them but I never do. These past few days have been good however. Playing 1 game a day and hitting over 1B every time (usually I'm in the 400-600M average).

#9055 14 days ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

How hard was the install? Mine should arrive any day now

Installed mine last night. It takes under an hour and is easy. Pull her head off, attach the servo, connect the power and switch wires. Boom! Its Alive!

20210111_192749 (resized).jpg
#9056 14 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

[quoted image]

Stupid question... how do you get so deep into the game without draining? What proportion of shots do you hit successfully? Do you try to catch ever ball and control it or do you fire it out based on feel? I can’t fathom getting so deep... and I’m not horrible (maybe I am)

#9057 14 days ago

Anyone have any thoughts on whether I should use this as a topper? I picked it up a few years ago in the prop shop at Universal Studios Florida, it was a display used in the park. It's well made and the letters are 3 dimensional. Obviously I'd prefer it said Jurassic Park but it fits really well size wise.

IMG_20210112_135616 (resized).jpgIMG_20210112_135628 (resized).jpgIMG_20210112_135646 (resized).jpg
#9058 14 days ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Anyone have any thoughts on whether I should use this as a topper? I picked it up a few years ago in the prop shop at Universal Studios Florida, it was a display used in the park. It's well made and the letters are 3 dimensional. Obviously I'd prefer it said Jurassic Park but it fits really well size wise.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Who cares what we think, do what you like.

#9059 14 days ago
Quoted from skywelker:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah! What the Crybaby said! I think the sign is really good looking

#9060 14 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yeah! What the Crybaby said! I think the sign is really good looking

Did you just call me a "crybaby"?

#9061 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes!

#9062 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Tantrum = crybaby

#9064 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, where did that come from?

Read post above

#9065 14 days ago

That hurt just reading it!

#9066 14 days ago

Okay so that’s what I get for trying to be funny.
So I invented a skateboard trick named “Rancid Meat” and the trick is definitely not smelly and full of bacteria. It’s actually pretty sweet

Glad you survived the Tantrum!

#9067 14 days ago

So I invented a skateboard trick named “Rancid Meat” and the trick is definitely not smelly and full of bacteria. It’s actually pretty sweet

Mr. Tantrum is a legend and definitely not a crybaby. Lol

#9068 14 days ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Lol

#9069 14 days ago
Quoted from holminone:

Stupid question... how do you get so deep into the game without draining? What proportion of shots do you hit successfully? Do you try to catch ever ball and control it or do you fire it out based on feel? I can’t fathom getting so deep... and I’m not horrible (maybe I am)

Simple answer is that I play a lot of JP, by focusing on just one title I feel like my muscle memory has gotten really good so
my shot making is consistent. I also try to advance through paddocks efficiently, so if a shot is in the O orbit I just ignore and capture and move on. Path of least resistance is the left side of the map, but I do play Trex paddock for the EB.
-
My strategy:
First off- Always work towards Chaos.
I try to get this going as early as possible.
-
Most games this is what I try to do
2 skill shots and then start 1st Paddock.
Start 2nd paddock and start TRex MB.
Once done start next paddock.
Start Raptor if not earned through SM
Play both CR modes, I usually play VA first as it’s only 6 shots and you are working on qualifying your next paddock, also collecting fossils to get your 10x pteranodon qualified.
If you have earned your theirs CR play it.
Play SCR.
Play out the rest of the paddocks.
-
Trex modes lead to more drains than anything else and is why I haven’t gotten to EN yet. I am working on that and can get to MM when I focus on it, but it’s not a part of my overall strategy yet.

D128EF7F-01A7-48EC-A8C3-A942F972CA3B (resized).jpeg

#9070 14 days ago

Learn the flipper rudiments and practice them 100% of the time, Never flail around. Gain control of the ball as much as possible and shoot with intention. Pay attention to areas on the game that cause direct bounces into the outlanes and nudge if the ball gets near those areas. For JP specifically you really need to have a firm grasp on the rule set to progress deep into the game. Also...on my game the sling power was out of control, if you notice that the slings are kicking balls to drain on a regular basis just dial back the power in the menu.

Quoted from holminone:

#9071 14 days ago

Question how do you clear a ball stuck in TRex's mouth? About 20% of the time during TRex multiball he doesn't spit the ball out and when I lose the current ball it never clears from his mouth even during a ball search. I fiddled around in the settings but didn't see anything specific for that. Thanks in advance.

#9072 14 days ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Question how do you clear a ball stuck in TRex's mouth? About 20% of the time during TRex multiball he doesn't spit the ball out and when I lose the current ball it never clears from his mouth even during a ball search. I fiddled around in the settings but didn't see anything specific for that. Thanks in advance.

If it doesn't clear from his mouth, I would think the game doesn't know it is there and that means the opto in there is suspect. Possibly a flakey wire since it is intermittent.

#9073 14 days ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Well, I didn't actually cry during the entire event, but there was plenty of yelling (how I deal with pain). When the EMTs pulled me out of the water I'm surprised I didn't pass out. Even with a double dose of morphine it was like they hadn't given me anything at all. The worst pain was when I got to the hospital and they were doing x-rays. The tech fully lifted my leg under the knee and I yelled to the top of my lungs as it was the most intense pain I've ever experienced (and I've had kidney stones before). A nurse came in and told me to calm down and that I was scaring everyone in the waiting room. Well, after the x-rays came back they realized that both bones were fully severed so basically my lower leg was just dangling when she lifted under my knee (I don't recall ever receiving an apology).

I ended being in some form of a cast for a year, took several months to rehab, and lost 1cm in my right leg (fortunately, I never noticed it). I did get back on the wakeboard for several years, but never attempted a Tantrum again. I'm 50+ years old now, and sold the boat 10+ years ago. Now I just jog and road cycle. You would think these activities are less dangerous, but I've had 3 wrecks with one being pretty serious. I'm fully healed, but lost the ability to grow any hair on a few places on my body from all of the road rash incidents.

#9074 14 days ago

Some of the tricks/terms are similar in the two sports (especially the grabs), but skateboarding has far more that wakeboarding (there are just so many different things you can do on a skateboard). I do watch skateboarding on TV when I come across it. I prefer the freestyle type events just to see the creativity. Most people don't appreciate what these athletes are capable of since they make things look so easy, but there is probably only a a fraction of a percent of the population that is capable of pulling off even the most basic tricks.

#9075 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Some of the tricks/terms are similar in the two sports (especially the grabs), but skateboarding has far more that wakeboarding (there are just so many different things you can do on a skateboard). I do watch skateboarding on TV when I come across it. I prefer the freestyle type events just to see the creativity. Most people don't appreciate what these athletes are capable of since they make things look so easy, but there is probably only a a fraction of a percent of the population that is capable of pulling off even the most basic tricks.

Bought my son a One Wheel for Xmas.... looks a broken neck to me.... he loves it

#9076 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’ve wake boarded a handful of times, definitely not enough to really get much control. Skated for about 18 years mostly street style and mini half-pipe and broke a few bones myself. I’m almost 50 and only do off road mountain biking now. Ahh getting old Rocks! And so does Pinball!

#9077 14 days ago

I’ve wake boarded a handful of times, definitely not enough to really get much control. Skated for about 18 years mostly street style and mini half-pipe and broke a few bones myself. I’m almost 50 and only do off road mountain biking now. Ahh getting old Rocks! And so does Pinball!

Dirt biking (enduro) is also a nice activity for us half-century dudes

#9078 14 days ago

Where do I get this cool pteranodon that everyone has on their game? Aaand any info on how to mount?

#9079 14 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where do I get this cool pteranodon that everyone has on their game? Aaand any info on how to mount?

Here is the one I bought: amazon.com link »

To mount, I used music wire: amazon.com link »

#9080 14 days ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Bought my son a One Wheel for Xmas.... looks a broken neck to me.... he loves it

Just make him wear a helmet. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet during my bike wrecks, I'd probably be a vegetable (or worse) right now. It doesn't sound like much, but slamming your head against pavement at 25mph is extremely jolting.

#9081 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Nice do you have a picture with this on your pin? I might give this a go even with my limited technical skills.

#9082 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just make him wear a helmet. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet during my bike wrecks, I'd probably be a vegetable (or worse) right now. It doesn't sound like much, but slamming your head against pavement at 25mph is extremely jolting.

Oh yea! He is a ex motocross racer.... always a helmet...

#9083 14 days ago

Nice! Thank you!

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

#9084 14 days ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Nice do you have a picture with this on your pin? I might give this a go even with my limited technical skills.

Mine is painted in the likeness of the one on the game's art (thanks to pinball_gizzard).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/179#post-6059089

I basically drilled a tiny hole on his underside (up his bottom, so to speak), then superglued the wire in. Bent to shape with a loop on the other end and screwed down on post.

#9085 14 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Mine is painted in the likeness of the one on the game's art (thanks to pinball_gizzard).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/179#post-6059089
I basically drilled a tiny hole on his underside (up his bottom, so to speak), then superglued the wire in. Bent to shape with a loop on the other end and screwed down on post.

Thanks that looks great.

#9086 14 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I bought the two pack that includes the Blue Raptor on Ebay since I have the Pro. Both will fit perfect, I just have to get them mounted.

Search Velociraptor Raptor + Pterosauria Bird Dinosaur Toy Educational Model for Kids. It was $12.49 with free shipping.

#9087 13 days ago

Same Amazon birdie here

IMG_20210113_194641898 (resized).jpg
#9088 13 days ago

Dilophosaurus just added
1 (resized).jpg

If interested search internet for: Jurassic Park Dilophosaurus 6-Inch Scale Amber Collection Action Figure. I got mine on Ebay off a seller out of East Rochester, NY for $40 plus snail mail shipping, which took like 3 weeks. But they still have 6 left. Man toy collectors must cringe every time we hack one of these things up LOL
2 (resized).jpg
Step 1 Cut her down, As you can see I did this just behind the front arms, I think she screamed a little when I did this.
3 (resized).jpg
This was what was left after the surgery
4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
Then used a 1/16" drill bit and drilled on each side of the spin, there is a seam there so don't drill the center, then hooked some music wire in there.
6 (resized).jpg
Then formed a hook, it is about 1", that will hook on one screw on the back wall
7 (resized).jpg
Loosen screw a couple of turns so you can hook her into place
8 (resized).jpg
Then tighten her down
9 (resized).jpg
Adjust the hands over the sign then it is a matter of if you like her with Spit
With Spit (resized).jpg
Or with out Spit. I think I like her with out spit
1 (resized).jpg
A full view
PXL_20210113_233937080 (resized).jpg
And now I am trying to decide where to put this sign, maybe cut down a bit and stick on the back wall just to the right of her but not sure yet.
Sign (resized).jpg
With Out Spit (resized).jpg

#9089 13 days ago

Flip on!

#9090 13 days ago
Quoted from holminone:

I feel the same way on this game. The only thing I can figure is that people are trapping and shooting. Maybe I suck and need to play better, idk. Seems like everyone is consistently getting 500MM+. My GC is like 350MM and I have only gotten over 100MM like 5 times.

On the flip side, I read about people never reaching the wizard mode in Shadow and I can get there every 25 or so games. So I’m not a bad player IMO, I just suck at this game apparently. I don’t get it.

I know, I know, play better haha

#9091 13 days ago

Just added the stern side armor. Man they are really pretty. I felt really wierd screwing a screw into the side art, but it looks so nice. Also added the hazard flipper toppers and hinge decals. I think Im done with mods. Now to actually get better at this game....

#9092 13 days ago

Have you read the full ruleset? It’s worth studying (not exaggerating). The rule depth is staggering and a solid understanding is crucial if you want to break 1bil consistently. I’ve re-read it about three times and there’s still shit in there that doesn’t stick. Biggest things are knowing the four ways you can light control room, knowing where the extra balls are, understanding how to navigate through the map to visitors center...I could go on and on. Such an incredible game.

Quoted from SNES:

I feel the same way on this game. The only thing I can figure is that people are trapping and shooting. Maybe I suck and need to play better, idk. Seems like everyone is consistently getting 500MM+. My GC is like 350MM and I have only gotten over 100MM like 5 times.
On the flip side, I read about people never reaching the wizard mode in Shadow and I can get there every 25 or so games. So I’m not a bad player IMO, I just suck at this game apparently. I don’t get it.
I know, I know, play better haha

#9093 13 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Just added the stern side armor. Man they are really pretty. I felt really wierd screwing a screw into the side art, but it looks so nice. Also added the hazard flipper toppers and hinge decals. I think Im done with mods. Now to actually get better at this game....

Can you provide some photos as I'm considering buying a set. Also is the graphics painted on or etched or a decal of sorts. Thanks

#9094 13 days ago
Quoted from embryon:

Can you provide some photos as I'm considering buying a set. Also is the graphics painted on or etched or a decal of sorts. Thanks

Pretty sure it's a red insert attached to the back just like the SWLE is. I was looking into getting those and PC'ing them but I can PC the entire game for the same price as the new side rails.

#9095 12 days ago

How is chaos multiball started? After spelling it how do you start the multiball?

#9096 12 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How is chaos multiball started? After spelling it how do you start the multiball?

Hit the target in the pop bumpers.

#9097 12 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

That seems like the answer to many questions pertaining to this pin.

#9098 12 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The same one to start the missile?

#9099 12 days ago

I don't understand how the hell you're reliably supposed to hit that smart missile

#9100 12 days ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Simple answer is that I play a lot of JP, by focusing on just one title I feel like my muscle memory has gotten really good so
my shot making is consistent. I also try to advance through paddocks efficiently, so if a shot is in the O orbit I just ignore and capture and move on. Path of least resistance is the left side of the map, but I do play Trex paddock for the EB.
-
My strategy:
First off- Always work towards Chaos.
I try to get this going as early as possible.
-
Play both CR modes, I usually play VA first as it’s only 6 shots and you are working on qualifying your next paddock, also collecting fossils to get your 10x pteranodon qualified.
Play SCR.
-
Trex modes lead to more drains than anything else and is why I haven’t gotten to EN yet. I am working on that and can get to MM when I focus on it, but it’s not a part of my overall strategy yet.
[quoted image]

This is pretty much my go to as well but I’m gonna edit a few things that commonly happens with me:

<during 1st paddock the ball will head for the inlane, double bounce between the rubbers, and fly out the outlane>

<miss tower ramp, hit a few rubbers, hit a few sling shots, rocket through the left outlane, no escape because it did this previously 30 seconds prior>

<getting raptor setup typically ends in an outlane drain or 2>

<shooting CR or Helipad will usually cause a drain. So many shots focus on this>

Play SCR.

<I will work on setting the game up on 10-ball to achieve this>

All joking aside I got a GC for first time in a few weeks last night at around 1.4 bil and a 370mil’ish VC. My initial thought to my game was “F yea!” Followed by an “F you!” - see, The problem I’m having with enjoying the game compared to my other pins, is it’s a survival game much like TWD. And the moments come in the mid-end game modes (minus the T-Rex super JP , that’s freakin cool as hell). So it takes a lot of frustration and survival to get to those moments. All in all, I probably just need to play better, but the game can be frustrating as hell which takes away the fun-positive moments.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 9374 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 188.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside