(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 426.
#9001 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Speaking of ball hangups, is there a quick and easy way to keep balls from getting stuck under the truck? It used to be minor annoyance but becoming very common on my game.

Could probably put one of these bumpers under it.

Screenshot_20210109-112050 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210109-112050 (resized).png
#9002 3 years ago

The game I bought already had the mod in place but it doesn’t look like a terribly difficult thing to install.

Quoted from Kenswift:

I’m waiting for my moving trex head but shipping from France is taking a lifetime. How hard was the install?

#9003 3 years ago

UPS just delivered my project for the day.

IMG_5312 (resized).JPGIMG_5312 (resized).JPG
#9004 3 years ago

So I have a pro and I got the helicopter mod from mezel but I can’t get the existing standoff post off. It says lift and turn but the screw under is obviously turning too. Any advice?

#9005 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

So I have a pro and I got the helicopter mod from mezel but I can’t get the existing standoff post off. It says lift and turn but the screw under is obviously turning too. Any advice?

Hold the screw still on the other side? Sometimes ya have to take apart more than you thought

#9006 3 years ago

Just got my Pinball Life headphone/volume control installed and it works great! Definitely a great value vs. the other options (https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html). I set it up to control the external volume when no headphones are connected, and when headphones are connected if mutes the speakers and the volume knob controls the headphone volume. The knob has a nice quality feel with a light clicking as you turn the dial.

I also got the knocker installed. That was more of a bear than I expected only because you have to reach deep into the back of the cabinet to screw things down. I was able to find the settings to disable the audible knocker and to enable the physical one, and I just figured out how to test it (coil test #33). Wow! That will make you jump when it fires!

Finally, even though I have an orange shooter rod spring, I decided to buy a silver/gray one which is a few steps up in strength. By feel, I don't really notice much of a difference, but thus far it has performed more reliably than the orange one I had, and most definitely better than green.

IMG_5317 (resized).JPGIMG_5317 (resized).JPG

#9007 3 years ago

Thx for the info. I noticed it said Helipad near the spinner. A lot of rules to this game. I'm just trying to figure it out.

KIMG0453 (resized).JPGKIMG0453 (resized).JPG
#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx for the info. I noticed it said Helipad near the spinner. A lot of rules to this game. I'm just trying to figure it out.[quoted image]

Shooting the shots that are within the orange banners lights those point lights. Then hitting the spinner cashes in on all of the lit bonuses and resets them.

#9009 3 years ago

In case anyone can help me with my TOP LEFT GI / Node 9 board OVERCURRENT issue, please see my post, thanks! I posted a revised description of the issue here per recommendation: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple

Added over 3 years ago:

For anyone who runs into the same OVERCURRENT DETECTION NODE 9 + TROUGH MALFUNCTION errors/alerts I recently faced, I finally solved it through tons of troubleshooting and forum help. Please see the this thread, especially the Key Posts in this thread if you ever run into this issue: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple/page/2?kp=1&kp_sort=keypost_summary#index

#9010 3 years ago

Ugh. Got to visitor center on Ball one, completed all Nublar qualifiers by Ball 3. One shot lit to start Nublar on the left ramp and the slings pitched a fuc#ing speedball to Nedry. Kill me. Still...best game I’ve had so far. Bout 1.9 billion...but still. I would actually like to die now.

#9011 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just got my Pinball Life headphone/volume control installed and it works great! Definitely a great value vs. the other options (https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html). I set it up to control the external volume when no headphones are connected, and when headphones are connected if mutes the speakers and the volume knob controls the headphone volume. The knob has a nice quality feel with a light clicking as you turn the dial.
I also got the knocker installed. That was more of a bear than I expected only because you have to reach deep into the back of the cabinet to screw things down. I was able to find the settings to disable the audible knocker and to enable the physical one, and I just figured out how to test it (coil test #33). Wow! That will make you jump when it fires!
Finally, even though I have an orange shooter rod spring, I decided to buy a silver/gray one which is a few steps up in strength. By feel, I don't really notice much of a difference, but thus far it has performed more reliably than the orange one I had, and most definitely better than green.
[quoted image]

Pinball Lifes speaker head phone kit is great as I have them on all my Sterns now. Just having the ability to adjust the volume on the outside is a plus. Also playing with headphones on is pretty cool. Many times I hear things I didn’t pick up on before. Question where’d you get that sticker you put on the coin door? Wouldn’t mind adding one to mine.

#9012 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Pinball Lifes speaker head phone kit is great as I have them on all my Sterns now. Just having the ability to adjust the volume on the outside is a plus. Also playing with headphones on is pretty cool. Many times I hear things I didn’t pick up on before. Question where’d you get that sticker you put on the coin door? Wouldn’t mind adding one to mine.

I really wish they made a version for CGC games (AFMr, in particular). The only option that I'm aware of for CGC is a Pinnovators version which is great, but costs $135 + shipping.

They are my creation: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/161#post-5963704

#9013 3 years ago

I can't invision myself using headphones to play so I just use the volume control that goes where the tournament button would go, either way its such a bonus to have the volume control on the outside.

#9014 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ugh. Got to visitor center on Ball one, completed all Nublar qualifiers by Ball 3. One shot lit to start Nublar on the left ramp and the slings pitched a fuc#ing speedball to Nedry. Kill me. Still...best game I’ve had so far. Bout 1.9 billion...but still. I would actually like to die now.

F Nedry.

#9015 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Man that’s a bummer. I would have been real tempted to do a death save being that close, but I also wouldn’t want to because I’d want to get there legit.

#9016 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

What alternative translite are people going with for the Pro?

I got this backglass, big improvement imo
Screenshot_20210110-071240~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210110-071240~2 (resized).png

#9017 3 years ago

I had two tilt warnings at that point. I had to just sit there and watch it die.

Quoted from Parkshow30:

Man that’s a bummer. I would have been real tempted to do a death save being that close, but I also wouldn’t want to because I’d want to get there legit.

#9018 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Interested to learn more about the modification you did to the ramp and some pics would be most helpful. Thanks

Well there is nothing much to see.
Some cardboard filling under the ramp (screws) to higher te ramp so the flap won't bend making the bal jump.

IMG_20210111_041253 (resized).jpgIMG_20210111_041253 (resized).jpg

#9019 3 years ago

Dubbele post.

#9020 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Well there is nothing much to see.
Some cardboard filling under the ramp (screws) to higher te ramp so the flap won't bend making the bal jump.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the post - how think was the cardboard you used?

#9021 3 years ago

I am officially part of this club. Picked up a brand new machine from Little Shop of Games on Saturday. I have a few questions.

Where can I get the moving T-Rex mod for this? I've seen a lot of mumblings on it across the net but no store.

Where is the extra ball located on this game? I got it lit but could not find the light on the playfield.

I installed a shaker motor which was a huge improvement, glad I did that. I've ordered a few mods. Barbasol can, raptor toy with light, 3D raptor pen, flipper caution stickers, and spinning helicopter blade all from mezel.

Is there anyway to get the premium pop bumper tops in the aftermarket?

#9022 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I am officially part of this club. Picked up a brand new machine from Little Shop of Games on Saturday. I have a few questions.
Where can I get the moving T-Rex mod for this? I've seen a lot of mumblings on it across the net but no store.
Where is the extra ball located on this game? I got it lit but could not find the light on the playfield.
I installed a shaker motor which was a huge improvement, glad I did that. I've ordered a few mods. Barbasol can, raptor toy with light, 3D raptor pen, flipper caution stickers, and spinning helicopter blade all from mezel.

Extra ball is Pteranodon ramp (light on sign above it).

#9023 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Thanks for the post - how think was the cardboard you used?

I used little cabinet door bumper dots in a row under the ramp under the metal flap where the plastic begins on the bottom. This has worked great in smoothing out shots up the T-Rex ramp. I had originally used foam weather stripping, but I don't think it was firm enough to make much of a difference. The rubber dots were easy and work great. No one other than me would know they were there, completely hidden. I'm sure the right thickness of cardboard would work, too - anything to reduce the metal flap from flexing as much.

#9024 3 years ago

Also what is the button used for

#9025 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Extra ball is Pteranodon ramp (light on sign above it).

Ah oh I was looking at the playfield for the light haha.

#9026 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Also what is the button used for

The button is used to scroll through your options on a smart missile

#9027 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

And to 'select' control room mode.

Also to activate super tranquilizer during normal play.

#9028 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Yeah I keep failing the smart missile because I didn't realize you scroll through anything, I'm just hitting the button trying to launch the missile.

#9029 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Yeah I keep failing the smart missile because I didn't realize you scroll through anything, I'm just hitting the button trying to launch the missile.

The target behind the pop bumpers is the missile launch. It's a pretty tight shot.

#9030 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

The user is @yoyokopter, and here is a link to his mods thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread

I just installed the TRex alive mod this weekend. Works great, and adds a lot to the game. I didn't have the budget for the Premium version of the machine, so this mod makes it the next best thing.

#9031 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

Ah oh I was looking at the playfield for the light haha.

The only reason I know is because a friend and I searched for it this weekend - we kept looking for a playfield insert too.

#9032 3 years ago

Before I break something...is this hard to fix? I couldn't find a youtube video or anything in this thread on how to fix this. Thanks for your help.

20210111_183930 (resized).jpg20210111_183930 (resized).jpg
#9033 3 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

The user is yoyokopter, and here is a link to his mods thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread
I just installed the TRex alive mod this weekend. Works great, and adds a lot to the game. I didn't have the budget for the Premium version of the machine, so this mod makes it the next best thing.

It's been ordered, thanks for the info!

#9034 3 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

Before I break something...is this hard to fix? I couldn't find a youtube video or anything in this thread on how to fix this. Thanks for your help.
[quoted image]

Its a simple threaded nut solution under the playfield.
It may take a few tries, but grab something flat and small to level, and make sure its as flush as possible.

#9035 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjektPat:

I am officially part of this club. Picked up a brand new machine from Little Shop of Games on Saturday.

Marshall is awesome - great guy - and congratulations on the new pin.

#9036 3 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

[quoted image]

Look for the little ‘wheel nut’ on the bottom of the mech - it’ll raise the default position of the up-post. Super simple.

#9037 3 years ago

The user is yoyokopter, and here is a link to his mods thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread

How hard was the install? Mine should arrive any day now

#9038 3 years ago

Extra ball is the right ramp. Look on the sign. I missed it myself at first too.

#9039 3 years ago
Quoted from rickyrooroo:

[quoted image]

The Adjustable Bumper Stop has a threaded shaft allowing it to be adjusted up & down such that the top of the up-post is perfectly level with the PF surface. Once in place tighten the lock nut to stop the Adj. Stop from moving. I suspect your lock nut was not tight and the Adj. Stop has gone down with the vibrations from gameplay. When I adjusted mine I discovered some blue locktite on the lock nut which made it a little difficult - I had to hold the rubber tip of the adj. stop with multigrips to get the lock nut to move, once it freely moved on the adj. stop's threaded shaft it was then easy to adjust (I haven't had to use locktite to hold the stop or lock nut in place)

JP Up-post adjustment (resized).jpgJP Up-post adjustment (resized).jpg

#9040 3 years ago

Thanks for your help. I actually deleted the post after I lifted the playfield and discovered how easy it was. I was thinking there was something more to it. lol. The pinball community is awesome!

#9041 3 years ago

Pro owners.. Anyone else get slightly annoyed by how long the T-Rex multi-ball animation (and subsequent ball hold) is? From my experience it doesn't appear to be very responsive to 'skipping' via pressing both flipper buttons in... I assume its built this way due to the Prem/LE animated TREX, but on the pro, I wish there was a way to turn it off.

#9042 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Pro owners.. Anyone else get slightly annoyed by how long the T-Rex multi-ball animation (and subsequent ball hold) is? From my experience it doesn't appear to be very responsive to 'skipping' via pressing both flipper buttons in... I assume its built this way due to the Prem/LE animated TREX, but on the pro, I wish there was a way to turn it off.

I have a shaker installed and don't mind it at all because the machine goes crazy

#9043 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I just said this to my son yesterday.... We have a premium and as much as I think that one animation is awesome when the car is being chased, an option to skip would be nice. It feels like a good fifteen seconds of standing there with nothing to do.

#9044 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just said this to my son yesterday.... We have a premium and as much as I think that one animation is awesome when the car is being chased, an option to skip would be nice. It feels like a good fifteen seconds of standing there with nothing to do.

Hit both flipper buttons simultaneously. It skips the animation. I do it all the time.

#9045 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hit both flipper buttons simultaneously. It skips the animation. I do it all the time.

Doesn't it make you wait a while before the skip works? I feel like I hit the flippers a few times and then give up and wait til the end. Maybe it's in the settings somewhere. There are worse problems to have, it does have the coolest integration for the shaker that makes you feel the footsteps as the dinosaur chases you

#9046 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

No, this is what I'm saying.. Both flippers does not seem to impact this animation. It still plays just as long.

#9047 3 years ago

You have to wait until the roar to skip.

#9048 3 years ago

793DFAB7-375B-4292-8444-8550772ACB59.gif793DFAB7-375B-4292-8444-8550772ACB59.gif

Now, Flip!

#9049 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Has anyone ever tried using the official Jurassic Park hand puppet as a starting point for modding the T-Rex? Seems like it might be an improvement on the Pro. Perhaps too large.
[quoted image]

Waaaayyyy to big.

#9050 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Waaaayyyy to big.

Funny, I thought it looked a little small.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/181?hl=kenswift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.