(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,295 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 426.
#8951 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've just check mine and there is nothing there for the ball to get hung up on - unless the game has been modded??
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, another good catch! Looks like @holminone’s picture is showing some extra parts from that top view.

#8952 3 years ago

Speaking of ball hangups, is there a quick and easy way to keep balls from getting stuck under the truck? It used to be minor annoyance but becoming very common on my game.

#8953 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so is the 2k difference worth the upgrade from pro to premium?

yes

#8954 3 years ago

WzF and Manny nailed it yes. The screw came from that plastic protector. As soon as I posted it I found it and then I had to run in for dinner.

Still trying to figure out my golden retriever behaving t Rex not dropping the ball. I didn’t buy the game new in box so I can’t really go through the distributor. And I’m kind of committed. I’m not that worried but it is an odd troubleshooting procedure

#8955 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

In regards to the ball hang from the T-Rex left throw, is the ball stuck behind something - see the red arrows
[quoted image]

The tower is an add-on by Mezelmod. It creates a ball trap. It happens but not too often.

#8956 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Still trying to figure out my golden retriever behaving t Rex not dropping the ball. I didn’t buy the game new in box so I can’t really go through the distributor. And I’m kind of committed. I’m not that worried but it is an odd troubleshooting procedure

There are 3 components to the T-Rex grabbing the ball
- open the mouth: this is a coil and can be tested in coil test or in the vertical movement test (by pressing the start button). Note that the coil spring is what closes the mouth once the coil is deactivated.
- magnet in the mouth: can be tested in coil test. Go to the magnet test and hold a ball partially in his mouth, when you activate the magnet the ball will be pulled into the mouth. The ball does seem to sit in T-Rex's mouth even after the magnet is turned off and you may just need to open the mouth for the ball to come out.
- mouth opto: go into switch test mode and put your finger into T-Rex's mouth (she won't eat you, trust me )

I just discovered that my T-Rex's mouth opto is intermittent, so suspect the solder joint on the opto as this has been posted about previously. But more worryingly now she's misbehaving and now won't move up and down

#8957 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I just discovered that my T-Rex's mouth opto is intermittent, so suspect the solder joint on the opto as this has been posted about previously. But more worryingly now she's misbehaving and now won't move up and down

Here's some pics of the intermittent opto

JP mouth1 (resized).jpgJP mouth1 (resized).jpgJP mouth2 (resized).jpgJP mouth2 (resized).jpg
#8958 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Any JP2 owners play or own Avengers (AIQ) Premium? I've been debating for weeks on getting a JP2 PRO now, or waiting a few months to get an AIQ Premium once they come back in stock.
I keep waffling back and forth and seriously can't make up my mind! I'm sure it'll be great no matter what I choose, but I'm curious to hear some thoughts on each.

I own a JP Premium and Avengers Premium right now. Both are amazing games but I like the flow and code more in JP. Avengers code doesn’t really pull me in as much. The shots are a little easier on Avengers but getting the gems are harder than catching dinosaurs. If one theme pulls you in more than the other I would go with that.

#8959 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Any JP2 owners play or own Avengers (AIQ) Premium? I've been debating for weeks on getting a JP2 PRO now, or waiting a few months to get an AIQ Premium once they come back in stock.
I keep waffling back and forth and seriously can't make up my mind! I'm sure it'll be great no matter what I choose, but I'm curious to hear some thoughts on each.

Both are really hard. I own both (premium JP and LE AIQ) and like Jurassic Park better and believe it rewards higher skilled play more, also harder and more frustrating. Marginally harder than AIQ, materially harder than any other game I own/like to play. Outlanes are just brutal and the ball goes there when you miss a shot. AIQ won during the honeymoon period and I still love it, but between the two I like JP better, and a good game/score feels really great! I do think they are close enough to go with the theme you prefer.

#8960 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:There are 3 components to the T-Rex grabbing the ball
- open the mouth: this is a coil and can be tested in coil test or in the vertical movement test (by pressing the start button). Note that the coil spring is what closes the mouth once the coil is deactivated.
- magnet in the mouth: can be tested in coil test. Go to the magnet test and hold a ball partially in his mouth, when you activate the magnet the ball will be pulled into the mouth. The ball does seem to sit in T-Rex's mouth even after the magnet is turned off and you may just need to open the mouth for the ball to come out.
- mouth opto: go into switch test mode and put your finger into T-Rex's mouth (she won't eat you, trust me )

After power cycling the game T-Rex started working again, so all good.

Can someone confirm whether their T-Rex opto is always on?

#8961 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I own a JP Premium and Avengers Premium right now. Both are amazing games but I like the flow and code more in JP. Avengers code doesn’t really pull me in as much. The shots are a little easier on Avengers but getting the gems are harder than catching dinosaurs. If one theme pulls you in more than the other I would go with that.

Quoted from Manny65:

Thank you. I like both themes quite a bit and will end up with both eventually this year, so it is just a matter of which is first.

I’ll most likely go with the Pro for JP as I’m not interested in dealing with potential issues of that moving T-Rex in the future.

#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thank you. I like both themes quite a bit and will end up with both eventually this year, so it is just a matter of which is first.
I’ll most likely go with the Pro for JP as I’m not interested in dealing with potential issues of that moving T-Rex in the future.

If the moving T-Rex is your only concern, I would reconsider. Of the thousands of pins you are reading from a handful that have had issues. It is not that difficult to work on, and the animation, ball grab, and throw are awesome. The mech is miles ahead of what I experienced with the DE JP T-Rex where nearly all owners have had a variety of difficult to diagnose and repair issues (of course, that pin is nearly 30 years old).

#8963 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If the moving T-Rex is your only concern, I would reconsider. Of the thousands of pins you are reading from a handful that have had issues. It is not that difficult to work on, and the animation, ball grab, and throw are awesome. The mech is miles ahead of what I experienced with the DE JP T-Rex where nearly all owners have had a variety of difficult to diagnose and repair issues (of course, that pin is nearly 30 years old).

I agree. Even though I’m a new owner and my tRex just started acting up... not unsolvable and totally worth it. He eats and throws balls and says “no” to you. Very satisfying.

#8964 3 years ago

I made a plastic for the pooling problem at the left flip-over ramp. It's press the bubble flat.
I also noticed de ball jumps in the air at the Dino ramp, slamming in de back to a hold.
Put some fillings under the ramp just like the wms games from the 90. Now the flow is smooth.

IMG_20210107_201857~01 (resized).jpgIMG_20210107_201857~01 (resized).jpg
#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Put some fillings under the ramp just like the wms games from the 90. Now the flow is smooth.

Pic??

#8966 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

As you referenced my post regarding having to reboot to get T-Rex moving again, I hope that this hasn't put you off - I've had my LE for a year now and never had a single issue with T-Rex however today in helping holminone I was running multiple tests and diagnostics on T-Rex to understand how she works and clearly had to reboot after this. So my post was more lack of my knowledge rather than an issue with T-Rex. Now there are definitely owners out there that have faced issues with T-Rex and it depends whether you see the value in the additional features and art package; but regardless of which model you go for, I'm sure you'll love it and hope to see you back on the thread sharing pics of your new JP

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I also noticed de ball jumps in the air at the Dino ramp, slamming in de back to a hold.
[quoted image]

Interested to learn more about the modification you did to the ramp and some pics would be most helpful. Thanks

#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I made a plastic for the pooling problem at the left flip-over ramp. It's press the bubble flat.
[quoted image]

I ended up putting some fiber washers under the 2 posts because I dreaded tearing the brand new game down that much to actually remove the rails.

#8969 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I'm pretty sure that mouth opto is always supposed to be on. I had an issue where the T-Rex modes one day started activating when the ball crossed the entrance opto even though I didn't have the menu setting set for it and I hadn't changed any settings. One of the diagnosis questions Stern asked was whether or not the red light was on for the mouth opto. It wasn't and they sent me a new one.

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I would agree with the other poster. You're going to find someone has issues with every game, so don't let that be your deciding factor. That said, I think you're getting one heck of a value with the Pro. When making the choice, I couldn't justify an extra $2,000+ for the extras.

#8971 3 years ago

@2manyhoppies, you should PM PantherCityPins to see if he can help with your paint touch-up needs.

#8972 3 years ago

In preparation for Lior's new T-Rex coming soon, I figured I needed to beef up my T-Rex fence a little (something tells me it still won't be strong enough to hold her back). While not my original idea (you can purchase something similar from Mezel Mods), again I wanted to put my own touch on things with a cleaner look to it.

I happened to have some extra LEDs laying around (amber on top and blue on bottom), so I hooked everything up to Comet Matrix connectors to make integration simple, and I have a brightness adjuster on order from Comet to tone the lights down since they are a little blinding right now. As far as the pieces go, they are a perfect fit, add some more dimension to the posts, and I think they came out pretty nice. These are going to be a one-off just for my pin, but if you like the idea then please consider these from Mezel: https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-electric-fence-upgrade
IMG_5290 (resized).JPGIMG_5290 (resized).JPGIMG_5291 (resized).JPGIMG_5291 (resized).JPG
IMG_5289 (resized).JPGIMG_5289 (resized).JPG

#8973 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What’s the solution for this? There should be a mechanical solution but also my tRex likes to drop it over there now. Damn he’s one high maintenance t Rex. Love the t Rex but geez
[quoted image]

your mezel mods tower is the culprit. to need to trim off a piece of the right side tab thats sticking out

#8974 3 years ago

Well, I think I'm done with the mods for now after my knocker and headphone jack arrive (and of course Lior's T-Rex sometime in the future). The next thing on my list is replacing the backbox black t-molding with yellow, but t-molding.com is out of stock until next week. I think the yellow will look nice with my speaker surrounds and also emulate the yellow stroke that surrounds the Jurassic Park logo.

IMG_5296 (resized).JPGIMG_5296 (resized).JPG

#8975 3 years ago

Would like to see if anybody owning a JP pro in Colorado would be interested in a temporary trade for my IRMD pro. Just want to try the game out in a home environment and maybe someone would want to do the same with Iron Maiden. Again, I’m just looking to trade up for a few months and trade back. All my games are perfect, I would treat your game with the utmost respect and would expect the same from you. Send me a PM if any interest. Thanks.

#8976 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Would like to see if anybody owning a JP pro in Colorado would be interested in a temporary trade for my IRMD pro. Just want to try the game out in a home environment and maybe someone would want to do the same with Iron Maiden. Again, I’m just looking to trade up for a few months and trade back. All my games are perfect, I would treat your game with the utmost respect and would expect the same from you. Send me a PM if any interest. Thanks.

Sounds like a good temporary trade. Wish you were closer.

#8977 3 years ago

The toys are not necessarily what make this game great. It’s the challenging shot layout and deep ruleset that make this one of the best pins ever made. I say save your money, buy a pro and mod it the F out. I’ve got the moving Trex head mod which does everything but eat the ball, lit amber shooter rod, Alt translight, shaker motor...I don’t miss anything but the physical gate on the raptor pit. Overall I’m VERY satisfied for the money spent and I’m someone who typically prefers premium over pros all day.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so is the 2k difference worth the upgrade from pro to premium?

#8978 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The toys are not necessarily what make this game great. It’s the challenging shot layout and deep ruleset that make this one of the best pins ever made. I say save your money, buy a pro and mod it the F out. I’ve got the moving Trex head mod which does everything but eat the ball, lit amber shooter rod, Alt translight, shaker motor...I don’t miss anything but the physical gate on the raptor pit. Overall I’m VERY satisfied for the money spent and I’m someone who typically prefers premium over pros all day.

What alternative translite are people going with for the Pro?

#8979 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I think I'm done with the mods for now after my knocker and headphone jack arrive (and of course Lior's T-Rex sometime in the future). The next thing on my list is replacing the backbox black t-molding with yellow, but t-molding.com is out of stock until next week. I think the yellow will look nice with my speaker surrounds and also emulate the yellow stroke that surrounds the Jurassic Park logo.
[quoted image]

You’ll find something else to mod.

#8980 3 years ago

Hey guy's I made a custom raptor shooter rod and a couple of my buddies asked for 1 also. So I figured that I'd offer them to the community also. This is what mine looks like but if you guys want a different paint scheme like "Blue" I can do that also just pm me.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raptor-shooter-rod-

20210108_182205 (resized).jpg20210108_182205 (resized).jpg20210108_182223 (resized).jpg20210108_182223 (resized).jpg
#8981 3 years ago

Ok. Going nuts. Trying to solve my T-rex acting like a mis-behaving golden retriever. The mouth opto is not registering when the t-rex is in the playing position, but "kind of"does when his head is pointed to the sky. See youtube video I just made..

Suggestions?

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Ok. Going nuts. Trying to solve my T-rex acting like a mis-behaving golden retriever. The mouth opto is not registering when the t-rex is in the playing position, but "kind of"does when his head is pointed to the sky. See youtube video I just made.. Suggestions?

Look for a shorted/pinched wire or a bad solder joint. Trace the wires from the dino to the controller board.

#8983 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Ok. Going nuts. Trying to solve my T-rex acting like a mis-behaving golden retriever. The mouth opto is not registering when the t-rex is in the playing position, but "kind of"does when his head is pointed to the sky. See youtube video I just made.. Suggestions?

I suspect the solder joints on the opto boards in T-Rex's mouth - solder joint could be cracked and therefore making the intermittent connection

Take T-Rex out completely and remove her "skin" to get to the electronics - cooked71 had a similar problem with the solder connections on the jaw coil but I believe I've read other posts in the 2 threads talking about finding bad solder connections on the opto boards as well
JP T-Rex (resized).jpgJP T-Rex (resized).jpg

#8984 3 years ago

I've re-soldered the jaw. and what is so weird is the predictability of the failure. Its money from 90 degrees to maybe 45 when the head is straight on to the ramp... the second I get to 39 degrees or so, it stops registering. However, when the head is tilted to the t-rex's right, the switch continues to register all the way to the normal play field position. The second I straighten the head... stops. I've even removed the zip ties. I feel like its a pinch in the wire, but impossible to fix without a replacement.

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I've re-soldered the jaw. and what is so weird is the predictability of the failure. Its money from 90 degrees to maybe 45 when the head is straight on to the ramp... the second I get to 39 degrees or so, it stops registering. However, when the head is tilted to the t-rex's right, the switch continues to register all the way to the normal play field position. The second I straighten the head... stops. I've even removed the zip ties. I feel like its a pinch in the wire, but impossible to fix without a replacement.

Can you test the connectivity of the wires from the opto boards to the backboard connector? It does sound like a crushed wire

Is it still under warranty? I recall someone saying recently that Stern sent them a complete assembly as a replacement, but don't remember what their issue was

#8986 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Hey guy's I made a custom raptor shooter rod and a couple of my buddies asked for 1 also. So I figured that I'd offer them to the community also. This is what mine looks like but if you guys want a different paint scheme like "Blue" I can do that also just pm me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raptor-shooter-rod-
[quoted image][quoted image]

Coloring goes perfect with the Pro graphics. Watch your fingers when plunging - she looks hungry!

#8987 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Can you test the connectivity of the wires from the opto boards to the backboard connector? It does sound like a crushed wire
Is it still under warranty? I recall someone saying recently that Stern sent them a complete assembly as a replacement, but don't remember what their issue was

Thanks Manny. I just bought the game from from a fellow pinsider. Was perfect but started acting up about 40 games in. Manufacturing date was November 22, 2019, so good chance its under warranty maybe? I sent them a note and essentially asked for a new mech.

Admittedly, I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to the whole thing. I would if it wasn't worth so much... Latest is this- I get the whole thing re-assembled, and if I get the wires packed just right I get the switch to work in test mode with the play field down in test mode. NEW PROBLEM leading me to sledgehammer frustration is this- the Dinosaur's alignment is all effed up- Vertically he's too low and runs into the wire ramp. And the test modes don't let me adjust anything, and the horizontal alignment adjuster is fixed at 68. No options to do anything else. Its just effing frustrating.

#8988 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Thanks Manny. I just bought the game from from a fellow pinsider. Was perfect but started acting up about 40 games in. Manufacturing date was November 22, 2019, so good chance its under warranty maybe? I sent them a note and essentially asked for a new mech.
Admittedly, I'm about ready to take a sledgehammer to the whole thing. I would if it wasn't worth so much... Latest is this- I get the whole thing re-assembled, and if I get the wires packed just right I get the switch to work in test mode with the play field down in test mode. NEW PROBLEM leading me to sledgehammer frustration is this- the Dinosaur's alignment is all effed up- Vertically he's too low and runs into the wire ramp. And the test modes don't let me adjust anything, and the horizontal alignment adjuster is fixed at 68. No options to do anything else. Its just effing frustrating.

What firmware are you running? 1.03 has a variety of positioning settings for T-Rex.

#8989 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

There is some play, if you loosen those screws in the back and pull up on the assembly and re tighten. Behind the backboard holding the assembly in place.

#8990 3 years ago

1.03. How do I adjust his vertical default position? I only see settings for middle position bias, right, left. Nothing for vertical. Now my T-rex really has his golden retriever on. Won't give the ball back, AND he's chewing uncontrollably on the metal wire of the left ramp... sigh. If only he get his chin up a bit... oh well.

#8991 3 years ago

adjusting the bottom screws... let's see.

#8992 3 years ago

Greetings everyone! First post on the forums and Jurassic Park is the first pinball machine I've ever owned. Absolutely love this game! I purchased my Pro at the start of the pandemic and lockdown and it definitely helped pass the time!

#8993 3 years ago

Ok, easy questions:
How do you earn an extra ball?

Why is there 2 Helipads and how do you know which to shoot for?

#8994 3 years ago

FIXED!!! Hot damn. He’s even coughing up the ball on command. Mechanical adjustment nuts in the back were perfect. I also found that I could compensate for the kink in one of the wires by using a golf bag tag plastic tie to gently pull the wiring harness towards the center of the machine by connecting it loosely to the large black wire bundle under the clear plastic ramp in the back of the machine. Very nice high five. I’m now a T. rex guru.

#8995 3 years ago

Has anyone installed pingraffix art blades for thia title? If so were you happy with the look. I notice these may not have the rounded end where the flipper buttons go, does this still look OK?

#8996 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Why is there 2 Helipads and how do you know which to shoot for?

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

Only one helipad shot.
F50A4C33-FDB7-46D2-BC5C-BB81389C192E (resized).jpegF50A4C33-FDB7-46D2-BC5C-BB81389C192E (resized).jpeg

#8997 3 years ago

Another easy mode on the helicopter plastic. Replaced the red flasher cap with the blue visitor cage from Jurassic World. Ok, not completly consistent with Jurassic Park, but not too far away. The cage is from the car collection of Matchbox.

Now I am happy each time the flasher is on....

BA293703-76D1-4BF1-BC4D-71F2EFD1C517 (resized).jpegBA293703-76D1-4BF1-BC4D-71F2EFD1C517 (resized).jpeg
#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m waiting for my moving trex head but shipping from France is taking a lifetime. How hard was the install?

#8999 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Another easy mode on the helicopter plastic. Replaced the red flasher cap with the blue visitor cage from Jurassic World. Ok, not completly consistent with Jurassic Park, but not too far away. The cage is from the car collection of Matchbox.
Now I am happy each time the flasher is on....
[quoted image]

That's kind of cool. I just swapped my red dome with a yellow to match the yellow ramp indicator.

IMG_5305 (resized).JPGIMG_5305 (resized).JPG
#9000 3 years ago

It's been out for awhile, but I just discovered this pretty entertaining JP animated parody video:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/180?hl=kenswift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.