(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 427.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

From your pic, isn’t this the issue everyone is talking about? Maybe its just a reflection but it sure does look like the others[quoted image]

I saw that in the pic too and thought the same thing, but i think it’s just a reflection, it’s flat at that post, there is no pool or ripple there. All the other posts throughout the game looked good too. I’ll see if I can take a better pic of it.

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

From your pic, isn’t this the issue everyone is talking about? Maybe its just a reflection but it sure does look like the others[quoted image]

Yes that is pooling around that post. Not flat anyway

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Yes that is pooling around that post. Not flat anyway

The owner of the machine above is saying it is flat and just a reflection... Lermods please check that area again. It would be nice to know for sure.

#804 4 years ago

If you look at the photo and the reflection from the post on the playfield,, shows it is an issue.

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Picked up a latest run two days ago, metal washers under slingshots.
Really wasn’t super warm on the title upon first seeing it until I dug a little deeper and pretty much bought it because it’s Elwins game.
First impressions and notes. It’s defintely a shooters game. Not to say that noobies can’t have fun with it, but it feels geared toward expert players. You’ll know what I mean if you can consistently pull off right ramp, left loop and left ramp shots, it’s exhilarating and whips like crazy. There are some very precise narrow shots in this game.
Truck is cool, I like it, like to shoot it, feels good. Spinner shot feels great. Animations remind me of a video game or the JP video game “Operation Genesis” which I like.
Got to love the bonus, collecting rescue x150,000 each rescued.
The only shot that feels good and weird at the same time is the right loop back to the upper flipper. I haven’t really understood what this is for, and when I hit it on the fly (it’s fast) it sends the ball sailing airborn over the left loop plastic a lot. I thought maybe it was for the truck like a combo, but I dunno.
Now I saw something once in the two dozen or so games I’ve played, but haven’t seen it since, it was a brief like medal system like stern Star Trek, and this showed up after I did well on a mode. It had different dinos on it that you’re awarded? I’m not sure but it was very interesting and I hope that something like this is in the game.
But yeah, the game is really reallllly freakin good once you start figuring out where the shots are.
[quoted image]

I’ll swing by with a 6 pack tomorrow night.

#806 4 years ago

As the moderators suggested can we move the clear coat issue to its own thread or possibly just private message those who’ve noticed the issue on their game to ask further questions.

It’s getting old rehashing the same thing. I own the game and it appears my game has this some small issues as well. The be been playing the hell out of it and all seems fine. Maybe it will develop further problems or maybe it won’t. However I think we’ve officially beat this horse to death.

If you aren’t comfortable with purchasing as of yet due to this potential issue don’t. If you own a game and you see these similar issues inform your distributor and see what happens (I wouldn’t get your hopes up though).

Can we just get back to talking about how great the game is right now, scoring strategies, and cool mods!

#807 4 years ago

Anyone looking for an LE spot message me.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

If you look at the photo and the reflection from the post on the playfield,, shows it is an issue.

I will get a new pic tonight when I get home from work. Honestly, I think it's just a reflection and the game looked really nice overall. If that indeed is pooling, it's minor and can easily be addressed with a washer. Please hold off on jumping to definitive conclusions. I'm very happy with the initial condition.

#809 4 years ago

Here are three things I learned from the Head 2 Head pinball podcast with Keith that I thought sound great:

-The Raptor and CHAOS multiballs have three levels of progression.

-The T-Rex on the Premium/LE will follow the ball around the playfield. This was supposed to be implemented in the original JP, but wasn’t due to a patent for this feature with Rudy from Funhouse.

-The direction you make the truck face will control whether the orbit directs to the loop or the pops.

Such a deep level of detail and nuance in this game.

#812 4 years ago

Sucks given the circumstances.

#813 4 years ago

Anyone who wants an le... mine is available.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I will get a new pic tonight when I get home from work. Honestly, I think it's just a reflection and the game looked really nice overall. If that indeed is pooling, it's minor and can easily be addressed with a washer. Please hold off on jumping to definitive conclusions. I'm very happy with the initial condition.

If its a pile we need to find out

#815 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

As the moderators suggested can we move the clear coat issue to its own thread or possibly just private message those who’ve noticed the issue on their game to ask further questions.
It’s getting old rehashing the same thing. I own the game and it appears my game has this some small issues as well. The be been playing the hell out of it and all seems fine. Maybe it will develop further problems or maybe it won’t. However I think we’ve officially beat this horse to death.
If you aren’t comfortable with purchasing as of yet due to this potential issue don’t. If you own a game and you see these similar issues inform your distributor and see what happens (I wouldn’t get your hopes up though).
Can we just get back to talking about how great the game is right now, scoring strategies, and cool mods!

This is important and one of the most useful ways this communication tool can be used. We are potential owners and we are lucky to have this thread to identify if this thing is a piece of shit. Imho

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This is important and one of the most useful ways this communication tool can be used. We are potential owners and we are lucky to have this thread to identify if this thing is a piece of shit. Imho

Its pretty simple IMO. Either skip this title or wait a year before buying. Until you can be completely comfortable with the situation... if ever. At this point if you're going to be concerned about every pool, puddle or whatnot I doubt you will be comfortable buying now... move on.

#817 4 years ago

I have a deposit on a JP Premium and I have a question for current owners.....

I’m pretty excited about the complexity of the software, however, I was watching this —>

<—- to get a feel for game play and I’m a little concerned about the number of drains. Specifically the left out-lane eating balls, and a bunch of unforgiving rebounds sdtm.

Is there a left out-lane post that can be closed up a little? And has anyone done any playfield tweaks to make the sdtm drains a little less common?

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I have a deposit on a JP Premium and I have a question for current owners.....
I’m pretty excited about the complexity of the software, however, I was watching this —&gt; &lt;—- to get a feel for game play and I’m a little concerned about the number of drains. Specifically the left out-lane eating balls, and a bunch of unforgiving rebounds sdtm.
Is there a left out-lane post that can be closed up a little? And has anyone done any playfield tweaks to make the sdtm drains a little less common?

In a recent podcast, Keith basically said this is more of a drain monsters then IMDN was
I think he said "you won't be losing most of the balls STDM"

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Is there a left out-lane post that can be closed up a little?

Yes, and that sucker is a drain monster. First two games I played, all six balls drained out the left side.

#820 4 years ago

Stock set up I don't feel the left outlane is the worst, although I may be a little steep.
Plus, that revive gets lit multiple times a game.

I got 2 fossils the other night!!!!
Don't know what it means but it feels well

#821 4 years ago

I seem to lose more balls on the left outline.

I unlocked a fossil last night as well and have no clue either what it means but was cool to see.

I’m also getting better at cashing out the smart missile. I think I collected 3 last night which got me all pumped up.

#822 4 years ago

Yeah I don't feel this game really has any unfair drains in it, seems pretty normal with factory set up, but yes the left outlane could be more closed if you wanted to adjust a post.

#823 4 years ago

FINALLY! Picking mine up from the shipping hub today!!

Cant be any worse than my GOTG for left drains. At least I sure hope not

#824 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Cant be any worse than my GOTG for left drains.

Borg is a whole other beast.

#825 4 years ago

While I wait for my LE, I would absolutely like to continue to hear how about JP playfield issues. Keep letting us know, it is very much appreciated!!

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yes, and that sucker is a drain monster. First two games I played, all six balls drained out the left side.

For me it was 5 of 6 going left side. 1st one dribbled down the middle from the up post since I was staring at the screen and around the playfield and not paying attention.

#827 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

While I wait for my LE, I would absolutely like to continue to hear how about JP playfield issues. Keep letting us know, it is very much appreciated!!

But in the other thread, right? I share the moderator's fatigue at all the chipping hysteria.

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I THINK it's ok to report the status of your personal playfield to other owners. THINK being the key word. BUT, Admins have been very very very clear about taking the speculation, drama, and bickering about jjp vs. Stern elsewhere. Amen....

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

But in the other thread, right? I share the moderator's fatigue at all the chipping hysteria.

Hysteria? I don't think it's fair calling customer's concern over an issue on their $7,000 product due to a manufacturing defect where the manufacturers have been unable to correct an issue and some have required owners to pay for the fix - Hysteria

I understand through your multiple posts that you are not bothered by it, and that's fine. I have no issue with your stance if that's good for you - it's your money. The issue I have is you continually trying to convince others that this is something we should accept and ignore. This is not an acceptable issue. It's a manufacturing defect that JJP/Stern are aware of and they are currently shipping games with band-aids hoping to cover the issue.

I am not giving up on pinball, i freakin love it. But I am very close to giving up on NIB until I am sure this issue has been fixed. Pinball is a luxury, not a necessity in my life. I am fine playing the tables I have at home. I really want a JP, but not if I am going to have PF issues down the line. I'll stick to location play and buying used tables I can inspect. Good luck down the line trying to sell one of these pins with PF issues.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Hysteria? I don't think it's fair calling customer's concern over an issue on their $7,000 product due to a manufacturing defect where the manufacturers have been unable to correct an issue and some have required owners to pay for the fix - Hysteria
I understand through your multiple posts that you are not bothered by it, and that's fine. I have no issue with your stance if that's good for you - it's your money. The issue I have is you continually trying to convince others that this is something we should accept and ignore. This is not an acceptable issue. It's a manufacturing defect that JJP/Stern are aware of and they are currently shipping games with band-aids hoping to cover the issue.
I am not giving up on pinball, i freakin love it. But I am very close to giving up on NIB until I am sure this issue has been fixed. Pinball is a luxury, not a necessity in my life. I am fine playing the tables I have at home. I really want a JP, but not if I am going to have PF issues down the line. I'll stick to location play and buying used tables I can inspect. Good luck down the line trying to sell one of these pins with PF issues.

I’m not trying to convince anyone to do anything. It IS a real issue. I just agree with the poster that the horse has been beaten to death.

#831 4 years ago

I understand that you understand zaphX isn't worried aboot the PFs, fuck we ALL know that from hearing it 800 times. But the point is we don't need a bunch of people in the owners club coming in here telling us why they won't join the club; that's not the point if this thread.
We alrwady have, for what reason no one can explain, poppy cook Pro shaming us even though he's already said he cannot afford a JP.

#832 4 years ago

So to bring things on topic...

I am finding the shots really tight but satisfying. I love that east west shot into the tower when I land it!

Having a lot of fun with this game.

#833 4 years ago

Is the side ramp underused?

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is the side ramp underused?

Not really - rescue shots use it, for example. It's kinda hard to hit, at least for me. Feels great when you do!

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I only want to hear about Jurassic Park problems - none of the debate and drama. Game specific problems that owners are having.

#836 4 years ago

I think there are build up rewards for shots to the tower ramp, not sure what they are but they seem to build up

#837 4 years ago

I tried moving the left outlane post down to see if I got less left outlane drains. To me it seemed to still get about the same number, just different types of left drains. I moved the post back to the original position after a handful of games.

I wouldn't say the game is a drain monster anyway. It is a bit of a tougher shooter. That right ramp where the letter A is looks easy - but it isn't. I struggle with that one. Have not completed CHAOS much at all. Game is fun. Sure isn't a gimme on a number of shots, though some are easier. Good mix of difficulty.
I'm an average player so I find the play fairly challenging. There does seem to be something for everybody though.

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m not trying to convince anyone to do anything. It IS a real issue. I just agree with the poster that the horse has been beaten to death.

As has been your indifference to it.

#839 4 years ago

Local place near my work just got a JP so played some more today. Some takeaways:

1) Shots feel great. Absolutely the star of the show. I used to think Wonka had the best new layout but the more I play that game, yes its butter but it's also incredibly boring (let a lone the audio drives me insane). JP shots are all OVER the place, so many places to put the ball. Feels fresh and is incredibly satisfying to nail. 4 ramps! I believe it's the best I've seen from the new tables this year.
2) Animations are really strong. Only negative are the humans but it's fine - the rest of it makes up for it.
3) I know Keith doesn't like scoops but the posts that pop up to hold the ball are very jarring. With a scoop, I get the satisfaction of seeing it go in the scoop and it makes a great sound (ala DE JP). With this approach, it's not nearly as satisfying and worst of all, I can't skip the animations
4) The game does not feel like Jurassic Park at all. Feels like a generic dinasaur game that was able to get a couple of things JP was known for (like the music and the nerdy guy) so you feel like a very little part of it is JP. For example as soon as that wonderful theme music goes off, the voice clips begin to wear on you BIG time. Speaking of....terrible voice clips - especially the owner or whoever the boss guy is. Terrible but thank god pinbrowser will fix
5) The Pro translite is absolute hot garbage. Really a shame. SO generic. Even the text for Jurassic Park isn't right. Side art is fine though.
6) Playfield art is really nice. They NAILED the nerdy guy on the PF. Just love that expression he has.

There is prob more but for now, disappointed it's barely JP but the amazing layout, the fact it's JP anything and the ability for pinbrowser to fix the audio still has me excited.

btw - the JP I played had puddling too. This time WITH the metal washers. For Stern to say this in not pervasive is complete garbage. See attached.

They have a Wonka too - same issue!
20190828_115828 (resized).jpg20190828_115828 (resized).jpg20190828_122532 (resized).jpg20190828_122532 (resized).jpg20190828_122537 (resized).jpg20190828_122537 (resized).jpg20190828_122541 (resized).jpg20190828_122541 (resized).jpg

#840 4 years ago

Delt31, I agree with Every. Single. Point.

everything but the annoying callouts are minor detractors at worst for me. Those call outs...ugh.

I am not a good player but I would love to become one via this machine.

#841 4 years ago

I don't own one, but would really like to play and possibly own down the line. Looks like a fun game to shoot.

#842 4 years ago

3) I know Keith doesn't like scoops but the posts that pop up to hold the ball are very jarring. With a scoop, I get the satisfaction of seeing it go in the scoop and it makes a great sound (ala DE JP). With this approach, it's not nearly as satisfying and worst of all, I can't skip the animations

With the pop up posts I caution to regularly check they are screwed on securely. Mine came loose and fall off on my SW only after a month or so. And of course when I was in a great game.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so many places to put the ball. Feels fresh and is incredibly satisfying to nail.

We are still talking about pinball? Right??

#844 4 years ago

I originally thought the pro artwork wasn’t that great but after it being in my house for the past week I actually really like it.

I feel like cleland and others are going to hook us up with some actual movie quotes which will be awesome. While not a huge fan of the voice actors I’ve come to just ignore it because the game is so fun!

My only real complaint at this point if having to do some work on my raptor pen. After doing a little investigation it appears the nuts holding that assembly together weren’t even close to being screwed down. So I’ll have to do a little work to get that tightened down and do some adjusting.

Other than that the post by the third flipper was a bit loose but I got her all tightened down nicely.

Do I have some pooling of clear? Sure. I really don’t think it’s going to turn into much of an issue though. Obviously I want Stern and the others to figure it out for the future but for the time being I’m just gonna be playing the hell out of this and enjoying it.

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I originally thought the pro artwork wasn’t that great but after it being in my house for the past week I actually really like it.

I also really like the artwork, nice first effort by Johnny "Crap!"

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

worst of all, I can't skip the animations
With the pop up posts

Right? Why arent the animations skippable. Stops the game dead for so long.....feels like forever. LET ME SKIP THAT SHIT.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I also really like the artwork, nice first effort by Johnny "Crap!"

You really like the artwork? Zaphx - I'm jealous that your eyeballs are able to take really bad generic art and convey to your brain that it's really good. If I recall correctly, you thought the standard art on Wonka was really good too.....wow.

Man - I just don't even know what to say. If people REALLY like the pro translite on this game and don't acknowledge it's generic garbage, if I'm stern I'm saying why even try. They'll take anything.

Guys - it's OK to not say everything about a game is great. That's how we make progress in this hobby.

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has it though? Go look at the JJP Pirates owners club thread that has basically evolved into a troublshooting thread because that is what most owners wanted to talk about. Sure there is some strategy talk and some inane mod talk but its mostly troubleshooting and playfield related discussion - despite whatever was intended when the thread was created.

And frankly plenty of great information for owners of the game has come out of that thread because people kept 'beating the horse' about all of the issues with that game.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'm an average player so I find the play fairly challenging. There does seem to be something for everybody though.

And to me, that's key! Just what I was hoping to hear! Just the kind of game I want to own. I'm not in the market until next fall so keep refining my next game folks!

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You really like the artwork? Zaphx - I'm jealous that your eyeballs are able to take really bad generic art and convey to your brain that it's really good. If I recall correctly, you thought the standard art on Wonka was really good too.....wow.

Man - I just don't even know what to say. If people REALLY like the pro translite on this game and don't acknowledge it's generic garbage, if I'm stern I'm saying why even try. They'll take anything.

Guys - it's OK to not say everything about a game is great. That's how we make progress in this hobby.

*rolls up sleeves*
*takes deep breath*
*reminds self that this an internet forum and exhales*

Where to meander in my thoughts here?

Let me start by saying that in my short time as a (freelance/paylance) pinball art-guy, that I can assure everyone of one thing about pinball... schedules are NOT meant to cater to the artist. It's a box with lights and mechs. The art is window dressing, I've heard.... I know this, and relearn this on every project (and the ones that get away *insert very fresh sting here*). So to understand the uphill battle that goes on based on time alone, is revelatory and I wish non-art-folk could understand and appreciate the torment we subject ourselves to because we ARE TRYING to make lemonade. So #1, time dictates everything.

Because of this base factor, not everyone is cut out to do pinball in the illustration world. Schedules rule the world and you have to be flexible. As such- I personally connected Johnny and Greg at Stern because Johnny is an immense talent and quick on his feet. He's done the licensor grind for years, as I have, and knows how to dance when the spotlight hits. So #2, you're wrong. Johnny did an amazing job that was done to the licensor's wishes... and it all kicks ass.

If you notice a tone in my textual-internet-voice, it's because I'm in the trenches now and seeing what Johnny did for his FIRST pin is only a sign of great things in the future. And the best part is he isn't burnt out or beaten down yet by dissenting voices on internet forums. Let's keep it that way. So #3, if you don't like it remember that it took a ton of effort aimed at you liking it and don't kill the creatives working against an impossible task of pleasing an unrealistic schedule, a group of licensor/actor/management wanting to put their own mark on the process, and the sheer will to live of the artist

I'm not discounting personal preference or taste - I know folks hate my stuff all the time (and god-willing, will in the future another time or two) - but use some constructive words. (Is it the composition? The colors? What specificially, in art terms, is bad? etc)

And remember, pinball games are about designers anyway, not the artists... we can go draw d*cks anywhere for cash

*falls back asleep at computer with pen in hand*

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.99
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 21,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/17?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.