(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,290 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 minutes ago by TORQUENDB
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 426.
#8901 3 years ago

Thanks gents makes sense now!

#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

So...started working on this mod. I have two ideas:
1. I didn't want to make a 5/8" hole to have the washers under the blades fit into the helicopter. Instead....I bought one of these for $13.65 shipped ->
https://www.onlinebearingstore.com/f6-12g-miniature-thrust-ball-bearing-6x12x4-5-grooved.html
Basically....its the same concept that stern used with their 2 metal washers and ball bearing plastic ring. But....its thinner. So, its 6mm interior diameter (same as the sterns), but 12mm outside diameter. The sterns were 14mm. Its the same height (4.5mm). This way....I can just drill a 1/2" hole at the top and the ball bearings will fit inside the helicopter. It should be the best of both worlds ....no sanding and mechanism fits inside helicopter, but the same size hole as mr tantrum's design.
That is...if it works. I should have an update soon.
2. Instead of use comet matrix red LEDs tied to the combo flasher, I bought these ->
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32837133341.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6ab94c4dck63nI
I use smaller 0402 leds for various other mods (like light up eyes in AFMr...see here -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/162#post-5406613 ). These are sewing thread thickness stuff. Amazing stuff.
I'm using 0805 LEDs, in yellow, for this mod since I want it to be brighter, but the head is still incredibly small and the wires are still incredibly thing, so I can use the front landing gear hole of the helicopter directly with these wires. Then, I'll tie it into the actual yellow helicopter LED.
When both of these items come in I will give an update!

Looking forward to seeing how you get on - nice design concept

#8903 3 years ago

so is the 2k difference worth the upgrade from pro to premium?

#8904 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I just got a PRO last week and love it. I'm sure the premium adds a little to the fun factor, but you never miss what you never had. I own several LE's but chose the PRO for this one and can't stop playing it. You cannot go wrong either way and will not regret either choice. But it is definitely a must own title.

#8905 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

It depends upon how much value you put on T-Rex, the Raptor Gate and the art package as to whether it is worth it. I would say it definitely is however others won't. Personally I really like the raptor gate, it very cool trapping the ball (raptor) in the pen and creating a captive ball. And T-Rex is is friggin awesome, I love how she roars in sync with the sound and LCD, and chomps on the ball and spits it out - all the kids love it ... even the adult ones!

#8906 3 years ago

All, what do you do about a C shot (left most shot left of the raptor) that DRAINS 90% of the time... Game is set to 6.5. Its level, perhaps not perfectly level is the only thing I can think of. Any of you have this challenge and how did you resolve? C shot too important to drain.

thanks,

Don

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

All, what do you do about a C shot (left most shot left of the raptor) that DRAINS 90% of the time... Game is set to 6.5. Its level, perhaps not perfectly level is the only thing I can think of. Any of you have this challenge and how did you resolve? C shot too important to drain.
thanks,
Don

Set it to 7 degrees per the designer's specification and see what happens.

#8908 3 years ago

My thoughts after 6 months owning the game and a little gameplay at the end

#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

thanks,
Don

When it comes out from the control room (C shot) does it go down the centre drain? Increasing the angle as Mr_Tantrum indicated will help it land on the tip of the left flipper.

There have been other posts where people have commented about the slight kink at the end of the C shot ball guide and a few have had to adjust that a little

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When it comes out from the control room (C shot) does it go down the centre drain? Increasing the angle as mr_tantrum indicated will help it land on the tip of the left flipper.
There have been other posts where people have commented about the slight kink at the end of the C shot ball guide and a few have had to adjust that a little

Also check for mushrooming at the end of the ball guide and file it a bit if needed, it will make the ball more likely to feed the left flipper.

#8911 3 years ago

Thanks all!!!

#8912 3 years ago

Has anyone ever tried using the official Jurassic Park hand puppet as a starting point for modding the T-Rex? Seems like it might be an improvement on the Pro. Perhaps too large.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Has anyone ever tried using the official Jurassic Park hand puppet as a starting point for modding the T-Rex? Seems like it might be an improvement on the Pro. Perhaps too large.
[quoted image]

I used a T-Rex cookie on my pro

#8914 3 years ago

Evening all - I haven't had a chance to make an official listing yet but I am selling my pristine, low play Jurassic Park Premium if anyone is interested in one and doesn't want to wait for the next batch. I still have the original box and all of the padding so I can fully re-pack and ship if needed.

#8915 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

How does that one go catching the ball??

Have you seen the one Lior is doing https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

#8916 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you seen the one Lior is doing https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball

That one i am in line for...

#8917 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yeah, if I owned a Premium I'd be less on the fence. I'm just not sure I can justify the $425 price as an upgrade for a Pro. That's not taking away from his work. It's a fantastic sculpture.

#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, if I owned a Premium I'd be less on the fence. I'm just not sure I can justify the $425 price as an upgrade for a Pro.

Yes modding a machine is becoming increasingly more expensive ...

#8919 3 years ago

Recently bent98 had the idea of painting his Pteranodon blue to match the coloring of the one used on the game graphics. I really liked the idea, but I've never painted models before. Then I remembered from another thread a local Pinsider, @Pinball_Gizzard, who showed some model painting he had done for another pin.

I was really impressed with the images he posted, so I contacted him to ask if he could do my Pteranodon. At the last minute, I also asked if he thought he could do something with the Velociraptor that comes on the premium to make it look more lifelike (the OEM coloring lacks any detail and the shiny finish just isn't right). He agreed to take on the project, and I just picked everything up and reinstalled tonight. I must say that PantherCityPins did an amazing job, and I really love how both of the dinosaurs came out. Here are pics of his work, and I'm so much happier with how the dinosaurs look now, expectially the Velociraptor.

Here is the Pteranodon (the blue is gorgeous, and the detailing really brings out the texture)
IMG_5276 (resized).JPGIMG_5276 (resized).JPG
IMG_5279 (resized).JPGIMG_5279 (resized).JPG
IMG_5281 (resized).JPGIMG_5281 (resized).JPG

And here is the Velociraptor (she went from looking blah with no detail to looking absolutely ferocious)
IMG_5269 (resized).JPGIMG_5269 (resized).JPG
IMG_5268 (resized).JPGIMG_5268 (resized).JPG

As a reminder, here is what the Prem/LE Velociraptor looks like from the factory
IMG_5230 (resized).JPGIMG_5230 (resized).JPG
IMG_5228 (resized).JPGIMG_5228 (resized).JPG

#8920 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Recently bent98 had the idea of painting his Pteranodon blue to match the coloring of the one used on the game graphics. I really liked the idea, but I've never painted models before. Then I remembered from another thread a local Pinsider, Pinball_Gizzard, who showed some model painting he had done for another pin.
I was really impressed with the images he posted, so I contacted him to ask if he could do my Pteranodon. At the last minute, I also asked if he thought he could do something with the Velociraptor that comes on the premium to make it look more lifelike (the OEM coloring lacks any detail and the shiny finish just isn't right). He agree to take on the project, and I just picked everything up and reinstalled tonight. I must say that Pinball_Gizzard did an amazing job, and I really love how both of the dinosaurs came out. Here are pics of his work, and I'm so much happier with how the dinosaurs look now, expectially the Velociraptor.
Here is the Pteranodon (the blue is gorgeous, and the detailing really brings out the texture)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And here is the Velociraptor (she went from looking blah with no detail to looking absolutely ferocious)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As a reminder, here is what the Prem/LE Velociraptor looks like from the factory
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

OH WOW!!! The transition of the velociraptor is simply amazing - I had to post you pic again cos I simply love it and popping out from behind the tree is perfect ... "clever girl"

velociraptor (resized).jpgvelociraptor (resized).jpg

#8921 3 years ago

Recently bent98 had the idea of painting his Pteranodon blue to match the coloring of the one used on the game graphics. He agreed to take on the project, and I just picked everything up and reinstalled tonight. I must say that Pinball_Gizzard did an amazing job, and I really love how both of the dinosaurs came out.

Wow that looks great. I have extra T-Rex plastics, mine was scuffed up when I got my pin. Wonder if he could spruce it up before I put it on.

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

All, what do you do about a C shot (left most shot left of the raptor) that DRAINS 90% of the time... Game is set to 6.5. Its level, perhaps not perfectly level is the only thing I can think of. Any of you have this challenge and how did you resolve?

you have to found the perfect set-up, ball MUST came along the slingshot and finish on left flipper...

Quoted from Manny65:

... Personally I really like the raptor gate...

... and that why i really prefer the PREM/LE, because of the raptor gate making a left backhand shot impossible to do again & again & again... on the PRO !

#8923 3 years ago

Can somebody please take a picture Of the left metal guard rail On the C shot? Mine is draining straight down the middle at 7° and I think actually it’s been artificially bent. Just need to see what the default looks like.

I’m not in front of my game right now otherwise I would show you what mine looks like.

#8924 3 years ago

Anyone with young kids (my girls are 4 and 7) probably knows what 5 surprises are. Well they got some in the stocking for Christmas this year and I saw on the collection list that comes with it that they make a red Barbasol can! We didn’t get one but my wife found someone on Facebook that was selling individual ones for $1 so she got it for me. Very cool mod for a buck!

8849C355-6677-4475-976A-2062DA90EFEB (resized).jpeg8849C355-6677-4475-976A-2062DA90EFEB (resized).jpegBE2C3EA5-BD94-43A9-9C88-870BBF734D26 (resized).jpegBE2C3EA5-BD94-43A9-9C88-870BBF734D26 (resized).jpeg
#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Anyone with young kids (my girls are 4 and 7) probably knows what 5 surprises are. Well they got some in the stocking for Christmas this year and I saw on the collection list that comes with it that they make a red Barbasol can! We didn’t get one but my wife found someone on Facebook that was selling individual ones for $1 so she got it for me. Very cool mod for a buck![quoted image][quoted image]

This is great! I’ll take it

#8926 3 years ago

Awesome find. I just ordered one from eBay. A bit more then $1, but not bad being shipped to my door.

#8927 3 years ago

Any JP2 owners play or own Avengers (AIQ) Premium? I've been debating for weeks on getting a JP2 PRO now, or waiting a few months to get an AIQ Premium once they come back in stock.

I keep waffling back and forth and seriously can't make up my mind! I'm sure it'll be great no matter what I choose, but I'm curious to hear some thoughts on each.

#8928 3 years ago

Can somebody send a picture of this part of their game? Notice the bend line in my left guard rail here on the C shot.

Is that line (which is a bend point) common. Because it’s deflecting my ball sdtm 100% of the time when hame is pitched at 7 degrees.

A0240EE7-65C9-4D43-AE94-375FE845AB03 (resized).jpegA0240EE7-65C9-4D43-AE94-375FE845AB03 (resized).jpeg
#8929 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Can somebody send a picture of this part of their game? Notice the bend line in my left guard rail here on the C shot.
Is that line (which is a bend point) common. Because it’s deflecting my ball sdtm 100% of the time when hame is pitched at 7 degrees.
[quoted image]

Yes that is how the ball guide is manufactured however as I indicated there have been other posts where people have commented about the slight kink at the end of the C shot ball guide and a few have had to adjust that a little

#8930 3 years ago

Thanks for the above. On to T-rex issues. And I must be a complete idiot or losing my mind... Probably both. Lately, my rex is not eating balls (they just get rejected), OR he's eating the balls and not dropping them. I also notice there are only 10 keyposts marked in this thread, but I swear I've seen other references where the T-Rex adjustment procedure has been marked as a key post... but alas it is not...

When I do randomly come across the T-rex adjustment procedure in PInside- its super cryptic. There are no clear instructions anywhere on how to adjust the vertical position (becuase when I go into the menu- all my test does is move the dinosaur back and forth to find a central position, but there are no adjustments to be made. And even if there were- how do I test them with the coin door open....? ugh. Very frustrating becuase this video is indicatative of my test experience.

Two questions, If I want to re-calibrate my t rex so his jaw is slighly lower, how do I do that? Secondly, if I want to test the magnet performance with the glass off so I can replicate what happens during game play and make sure this gets dialed in, how do I do that?

Becuase right now, in t-rex diag vertical and horizontal test my t-rex simply moves right to left EXACTLY like this youtube video.

I've re-seated my SD card as well per a random suggestion I came across. Help! Frustrated. NOTHING is clear.

#8931 3 years ago

how do I test them with the coin door open....?

Do you not have the pull button to allow adjustments with door open...??? I do on my Batman 66... and Munsters does does not shut down with door open....

#8932 3 years ago

What is the pull button? Is that the coin door switch

#8933 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What is the pull button? Is that the coin door switch

yes...pull out and will allow full function....

#8934 3 years ago

I have a JP premium ordered and wanted to know how the Stern cabinets are holding up these days?? Anyone still having the split cabinet problems? Is it advisable to put the full size leg plates in or is that just overkill now?

#8935 3 years ago

OK but what exactly my adjusting is there a procedure? Why is my thing so noisy in test mode? And more importantly how do I get the dinosaur head down with his mouth open so I can test the magnet behavior?

#8936 3 years ago

What’s the solution for this? There should be a mechanical solution but also my tRex likes to drop it over there now. Damn he’s one high maintenance t Rex. Love the t Rex but geez

213FC3FF-B668-448A-B83B-E015D8653968 (resized).jpeg213FC3FF-B668-448A-B83B-E015D8653968 (resized).jpeg
#8937 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Two questions, If I want to re-calibrate my t rex so his jaw is slighly lower, how do I do that? Secondly, if I want to test the magnet performance with the glass off so I can replicate what happens during game play and make sure this gets dialed in, how do I do that?
Becuase right now, in t-rex diag vertical and horizontal test my t-rex simply moves right to left EXACTLY like this youtube video.
I've re-seated my SD card as well per a random suggestion I came across. Help! Frustrated. NOTHING is clear.

1) Here's a link to instructions on how to lower the jaw. It's a physical adjustment done by loosening the nuts behind the backboard and adjusting the bracket.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/18#post-5228793

2) To test the magnet with the glass off I'd just take the glass off, start a game, then spin the truck a few times by hand to start Feed T-Rex and either feed it the ball by hand (making sure to trip the ramp entrance opto as you do it) or by rolling it in.

Sorry, but I don't know what would be causing behavior like in the You Tube video.

#8938 3 years ago

Thank you!!! Also. This just came down the playfield from the direction of the tRex. Might have something to do with my problem.

3254B0AE-80E0-4007-8028-B9364D045170 (resized).jpeg3254B0AE-80E0-4007-8028-B9364D045170 (resized).jpeg
#8940 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I also notice there are only 10 keyposts marked in this thread, but I swear I've seen other references where the T-Rex adjustment procedure has been marked as a key post... but alas it is not...

You are probably thinking of the Prem/LE thread in regards to the key posts https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club

#8941 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

[quoted image]

Here’s a top and side view of the C lane guide on mine. I’m at about 6.7-6.8 and when the post releases the ball I can catch it with my left flipper. A little angle change or very slight difference in the bend at the end of the guide can make a big change to how the ball comes out.

1A3BD253-87EE-4213-B498-58A6FE3B1442 (resized).jpeg1A3BD253-87EE-4213-B498-58A6FE3B1442 (resized).jpegB51B9093-D5D8-48AD-B5A3-16BC1576EBC8 (resized).jpegB51B9093-D5D8-48AD-B5A3-16BC1576EBC8 (resized).jpeg
#8942 3 years ago

The main issue I’m having I think that’s the most frustrating it is when he does happen to catch the ball. He doesn’t drop it. He’s like an annoying golden retriever.

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Thank you!!! Also. This just came down the playfield from the direction of the tRex. Might have something to do with my problem.
[quoted image]

Yep, if that's from the T-Rex it could be the problem. I know there people have posted about screws coming out of the lower jaw. It could be that or it could be from another spot.

Also, not sure if you're aware, but unfortunately there are two Jurassic Park threads. The other Jurassic Park thread (Prem/LE) that I linked to for the vertical adjustment might have some tips on adjusting T-Rex that could help also. Or there could be people who only check that thread who could answer a question about T-Rex. Pain in the rear having separate threads but that's the way it was done.

#8944 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

The main issue I’m having I think that’s the most frustrating it is when he does happen to catch the ball. He doesn’t drop it. He’s like an annoying golden retriever.

Have you tried to go through your distributor to get them to link you up with Stern support?

#8945 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep, if that's from the T-Rex it could be the problem. I know there people have posted about screws coming out of the lower jaw. It could be that or it could be from another spot.
Also, not sure if you're aware, but unfortunately there are two Jurassic Park threads. The other Jurassic Park thread (Prem/LE) that I linked to for the vertical adjustment might have some tips on adjusting T-Rex that could help also. Or there could be people who only check that thread who could answer a question about T-Rex. Pain in the rear having separate threads but that's the way it was done.

The 3 screws holding the lower jaw on are small black ones, so it's not one of those.

holminone is it one of the left ramp screws? As they often come loose

#8946 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The 3 screws holding the lower jaw on are small black ones, so it's not one of those.
holminone is it one of the left ramp screws? As they often come loose

It does look like one of the ones that hold the clear protector over the ramp entrance.

#8947 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What’s the solution for this? There should be a mechanical solution but also my tRex likes to drop it over there now. Damn he’s one high maintenance t Rex. Love the t Rex but geez
[quoted image]

In regards to the ball hang from the T-Rex left throw, is the ball stuck behind something - see the red arrows

JP left orbit (resized).jpgJP left orbit (resized).jpg
#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

In regards to the ball hang from the T-Rex left throw, is the ball stuck behind something - see the red arrows
[quoted image]

Oh, yeah! Good catch Manny65 I thought he was saying his T-Rex was laying it's head down to the left to take a nap but now I see it dropped the ball into a stuck position. Yep, cabinet bumpers are your friend. They putting them there to prevent a ball hang up.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Adhesive-3-8-in-Rubber-Bumpers-Stops-Door-Drawer-Cabinet-Home-Kitchen-Glass-Holder-120-Pack-SCB08-120/302965852

#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Oh, yeah! Good catch manny65 I thought he was saying his T-Rex was laying it's head down to the left to take a nap but now I see it dropped the ball into a stuck position. Yep, cabinet bumpers are your friend. They putting them there to prevent a ball hang up.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Adhesive-3-8-in-Rubber-Bumpers-Stops-Door-Drawer-Cabinet-Home-Kitchen-Glass-Holder-120-Pack-SCB08-120/302965852

I've just check mine and there is nothing there for the ball to get hung up on - unless the game has been modded??

JP left orbit1 (resized).jpgJP left orbit1 (resized).jpgJP left orbit2 (resized).jpgJP left orbit2 (resized).jpgJP left orbit3 (resized).jpgJP left orbit3 (resized).jpg
#8950 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

[quoted image]

In looking at you ball hang pic again, I happened to notice this screw looks like it's about to fall out so believe this is where the screw you found came from

JP missing screw (resized).JPGJP missing screw (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/179?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.