(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 427.
#8651 3 years ago
Quoted from colbster:

Just put in an order for a pro, it will be my first (non-virtual) pin! Super excited, got the cliffy protection pack as well based on recommendation of this thread. My 5 year old will want to play, are there any settings in the system options to make the game a bit friendlier to new pinballers?
Cheers

If you own a copy of the movie, you can get ahold of timlah79 and see if he still provides instructions how to update the gamecode to include audio and video callouts from the movie itself.

#8652 3 years ago

Is there anyway to light extra ball at a certain score. This game is freaking hard..... so far , I only see how to set up to 50% extra ball percentage... what exactly does that mean anyway...

#8653 3 years ago

I found out a little more about how I lucked into a JP Premium yesterday. Apparently someone had ordered a JP Premium for Christmas, and then he changed his mind at the last minute and went with TMNT. My phone call yesterday morning to ask about lead time was just really lucky.

Then Mancave Warehouse surprised me again today, and just delivered it. Holy shit, that was unexpected.

20201222_164839 (resized).jpg20201222_164839 (resized).jpg
#8654 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I found out a little more about how I lucked into a JP Premium yesterday. Apparently someone had ordered a JP Premium for Christmas, and then he changed his mind at the last minute and went with TMNT. My phone call yesterday morning to ask about lead time was just really lucky.
Then Mancave Warehouse surprised me again today, and just delivered it. Holy shit, that was unexpected. [quoted image]

Nice!! Lucky phone call!!!

#8655 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Then Mancave Warehouse surprised me again today, and just delivered it. Holy shit, that was unexpected. [quoted image]

They didn't want you to change your mind too!

#8656 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

My Trex was fine out of box.

Ditto for my JP Prem. No issues yet and it gets daily use since April this year, although a rando air ball cracked the corner off the tower hut! I have to 2nd the Raptor Pen coment too. The mech is solid and it is super cool to lock a ball in the pen before and even during raptor multiball.

#8657 3 years ago
Quoted from colbster:

Just put in an order for a pro, it will be my first (non-virtual) pin! Super excited, got the cliffy protection pack as well based on recommendation of this thread. My 5 year old will want to play, are there any settings in the system options to make the game a bit friendlier to new pinballers?
Cheers

You will definitely want to look at playfield angle to slow the game down a bit for your kid.
Also, break out some tools and move the outlane posts to close the gap a bit...that will help with drains, especially on the ruthless Nedry outlane.

#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Are those protectors supposed to protect play field or is it to remediate the issue with the ball hitting the screws preventing shots from going up the ramps?

Both, some people were just removing the metal and leaving it bare. I noticed when I removed the the metal it was really bent from the ball coming back down.

#8659 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Is there anyway to light extra ball at a certain score. This game is freaking hard..... so far , I only see how to set up to 50% extra ball percentage... what exactly does that mean anyway...

whatever you set the replay score too make the prize an extra ball instead of a free game

#8660 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

whatever you set the replay score too make the prize an extra ball instead of a free game

Awesome man thank you!!!

#8661 3 years ago
Quoted from colbster:

Cheers

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Set game from 3 balls to 5 balls, extend time for ball saves, and physically adjust the outlane guide posts to be more closed.

You are able to set the balls per game up to 10.

Also Service Menu -> Utilities -> Install Menu allows you to set the game to a preset level of hardness across all the game features, so you could choose "Extra Easy"

#8662 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

He makes both types, 1) the round third flipper post carbon fiber washer (see my other note on how to install the washer under that post), and 2) the Tower ramp flap which allows you to remove the tower ramp screws and flap all together and replace with a carbon fiber alternative.
Obviously, it's your choice of whether to use each one of these. For me, instead of replacing the tower ramp flap altogether (#2 above) I chose to simply replace the round head screw on the left holding the flap in place with a flat head screw. There are several options here because those flap screws appear to be slightly different places depending on how the playfield/cnc was setup in the factory that day.

I see there's one also one for the right hand shooter loop. I noticed on my machine there is no metal plate at the bottom of the loop but I see there are two holes in my playfield where it looks like a metal plate should have gone. Am I missing the plate under the shooter loop?

I also had a game where the ball got stuck at the bottom of the loop because there is a lip where the look meets the playfield and its higher on the playfield side.

IMG_4151 (resized).jpgIMG_4151 (resized).jpg
#8663 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Set game from 3 balls to 5 balls, extend time for ball saves, and physically adjust the outlane guide posts to be more closed.

Perfect, thanks! I think that should be plenty to get him into it without getting too frustrated.

#8664 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If you own a copy of the movie, you can get ahold of timlah79 and see if he still provides instructions how to update the gamecode to include audio and video callouts from the movie itself.

Ah, that is amazing! Thanks for the tip, I will look into this for sure!

#8665 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You are able to set the balls per game up to 10.
Also Service Menu -> Utilities -> Install Menu allows you to set the game to a preset level of hardness across all the game features, so you could choose "Extra Easy"

Oh that is fantastic, if he has 10 balls and can start some modes I think he will be set!

Cheers

#8666 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Game is hard no doubt. I have not gone through game settings but there is often things to make the game easier. By default, I think extra balls are lit by how many rescues you get. Like other said, you can just set number of balls per game from 3 to 5 or more.

#8667 3 years ago
Quoted from colbster:

Oh that is fantastic, if he has 10 balls and can start some modes I think he will be set!
Cheers

10 Balls would be never-ending, especially in a multi-player game. Start with 5 and work your way up from there if needed. Also, you don't want to create too false of a sense of accomplishment.

To quote Ishmael from Kingpin, "Well, my grandpa always taught me to bowl 15 frames. It's like I told you before, we Amish, we do everything half again as hard as you do."
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hi...
How can I activate those preset levels? If I go through the menu, all of the preset levels (X.EZ, EASY, FACT, HARD, X.HD) are already installed. So I can only "install" them again. But there is nothing to activate e.g. the easy level.

#8669 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

To help out your 5 year old, I agree with what everyone is saying with going with 5+ ball games, extended ball saves, and extra balls for high scores. Regarding outlanes, in my experience moving the posts down doesn't seem to do much for this game. I'll probably get flamed for this, but for a 5 year old just starting out and depending on their skill, you might consider putting a rubber band across the right Nedry outlane but leave the left one alone as it has at least one ball save. The left lane will get get some drains after the first save, but your child will at least get used to the concept of outlane drains. As their skill improves, you can remove the rubber band.

After changing settings, the one issue you may have is that the machine is then setup for your 5 year old and not you. What you can do is backup the settings for an adult setting and a kid setting onto a USB drive via the backbox and then load the appropriate version to whomever is playing. A little hassle, but will be better than adjusting every menu setting via the coin door each time you switch players.

Congrats on joining the club!

#8670 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

What you can do is backup the settings for an adult setting and a kid setting onto a USB drive via the backbox and then load the appropriate version to whomever is playing. A little hassle, but will be better than adjusting every menu setting via the coin door each time you switch players.

I’m hoping profiles become standard on pinball machines. Seems like deeproot is starting this trend but I hope all adopt. It would be awesome to play me vs my wife or a “guest” setting with more generous rules. Seems like a no brainer quality
of life improvement for home buyers.

#8671 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

To help out your 5 year old, I agree with what everyone is saying with going with 5+ ball games, extended ball saves, and extra balls for high scores. Regarding outlanes, in my experience moving the posts down doesn't seem to do much for this game. I'll probably get flamed for this, but for a 5 year old just starting out and depending on their skill, you might consider putting a rubber band across the right Nedry outlane but leave the left one alone as it has at least one ball save. The left lane will get get some drains after the first save, but your child will at least get used to the concept of outlane drains. As their skill improves, you can remove the rubber band.
After changing settings, the one issue you may have is that the machine is then setup for your 5 year old and not you. What you can do is backup the settings for an adult setting and a kid setting onto a USB drive via the backbox and then load the appropriate version to whomever is playing. A little hassle, but will be better than adjusting every menu setting via the coin door each time you switch players.

For young kids, closing the outlanes is great idea. I tried moving the posts down but they literally did nothing. Game can be brutal with those outlane drains.

I love the idea of a built in easy toggle from experienced player settings to kid settings. Kid setting could have special, simple rules and their own high scores. It would be a great selling feature for Stern.

#8672 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

I’m hoping profiles become standard on pinball machines. Seems like deeproot is starting this trend but I hope all adopt. It would be awesome to play me vs my wife or a “guest” setting with more generous rules. Seems like a no brainer quality
of life improvement for home buyers.

Two thumbs up for this idea. I find that some novices shy away from playing with me sometimes since I have have a far better understanding of the ruleset and usually take a lot longer to play than they do. I have taken to just watching so they can have less wait time. Being able to have profiles would be great. a player could pick a profile (or make custom) prior to first plunge. kind of like handicapping.

#8674 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Good idea, but instead, just make a separate Compact Flash, that way all you have to do is pop either one in before booting up and dont have to go through any install back and forth.

#8675 3 years ago

Got some playtime in on the new machine last night. Wife and I are both super happy with the purchase! What an amazing pin. Pairs really well with Deadpool, too, because they are so drastically different. The animated T-Rex is so friggin' cool.

Only gripe is the substandard voiceover work, but I've already touched base with Tim and will be trying his code this weekend. I'm really glad that John Williams' awesome score is in the game, that was very important to me.

The outlanes are savage. I wussed out and moved the outlane pins down this morning. I know some have mentioned that doing so didn't seem to help much, but I felt that it made a big difference. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Moving the left pin was cake, but the right one was a little more tricky. Managed to do it without removing the wire ramp, but it looks like doing so wouldn't have been too difficult.

Stern knocked this one out of the park. Bolting it the floor.

#8676 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Two thumbs up for this idea. I find that some novices shy away from playing with me sometimes since I have have a far better understanding of the ruleset and usually take a lot longer to play than they do. I have taken to just watching so they can have less wait time. Being able to have profiles would be great. a player could pick a profile (or make custom) prior to first plunge. kind of like handicapping.

Yeah that would be great! I do the same with friends over to play my pins.... I just sit back and watch and give pointers or explain rules. Watching them have fun is fun in itself for me.

#8677 3 years ago

I have an extra set of decals. $12 shipped . I also have a set of brand new pyle 4 ohm 5.25 speakers that fit any SPIKE game. $25 shipped

PM me
IMG_4154 (resized).jpgIMG_4154 (resized).jpgIMG_4155 (resized).jpgIMG_4155 (resized).jpg

#8678 3 years ago

Added a base and amber egg to my amber pop bumper area.

FA64ED5A-179E-49BC-88A6-FA3A47D151C9 (resized).jpegFA64ED5A-179E-49BC-88A6-FA3A47D151C9 (resized).jpeg
#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from StormTigger:

Hi...
How can I activate those preset levels? If I go through the menu, all of the preset levels (X.EZ, EASY, FACT, HARD, X.HD) are already installed. So I can only "install" them again. But there is nothing to activate e.g. the easy level.

Unfortunately it's not very clear and the "Help" is disabled (doesn't display anything). In addition Stern have stopped providing details in their manuals on each of the Service Menus ... however I reference the Batman The Dark Knight manual which does contain this information. NOTE that BTDK is a SAM based system however Stern have maintained the same service menu layout and features in their SPIKE and SPIKE 2 systems, so a lot of the basic (non-game related) information can be leveraged.

So back to your question regarding the preset levels, Stern allow multiple presets which can be rather confusing, so it depends upon the order in which you stack your presets as to what the adjustments will be. To further complicate it, Stern don't release what adjustments each preset configures. The best way I can explain it is that there are 200+ standard & game feature adjustments, so rather than have each preset contain a setting for all of the features, the preset only contains the setting for the specific features it wants to change. It is reasonable to expect that Medium/Factory preset contains all the features settings, so to set "Extra Easy" you'd install the Medium/Factory first, then Extra Easy - note if the Easy preset makes changes that Extra Easy doesn't (this is why having a table of what is changed would be useful) then you should install Factory, Easy and then Extra Easy, however I doubt this is needed. You will see all the presets (X.EZ, EASY, FACT, HARD, X.HD) as installed and there are other additional presets that can be stacked (although details of what they specifically set is unclear) but it's the order they were activated. Hope this helps
Stern Install Menu (resized).JPGStern Install Menu (resized).JPG

#8680 3 years ago

On the custom audio/video thread Arcade posted the new Stern code agreement which is now included with all future code updates https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/30#post-6032565

What I found interesting is this line "In view of the rights held by third-party owners of Authorized Content (e.g. music and video clips) You will not stream your gameplay of your Stern Pinball Machine without Stern Pinball’s prior consent", now clearly it is a move to stop streamers showing machines that are running custom audio/video code but I just hope that they have an easy & quick process to allow all the streamers out there to continue (even if it is with the official code base).

#8681 3 years ago

Anyone have an issue with shots not making it around the helipad loop? I have the orange spring install but it only works 1 out of every 10 times for plunge or auto plunge

#8682 3 years ago

Can someone look at the truck and tell me the order of operations on the washer and bushing? Washer on first, then bushing? (Bushing closest to the playfield) And one washer underneath the pf?

I'm trying to fix my truck leaving a 1/4 gap when it rotates and Newton balls aren't touching.

Thanks!

#8683 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Anyone have an issue with shots not making it around the helipad loop? I have the orange spring install but it only works 1 out of every 10 times for plunge or auto plunge

Have you tried lifting the left fork at the entrance of the U ramp - checkout this key post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/28#post-5255575 while the post mentions using a nut under the fork, most people use 1-2 small washers

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Can someone look at the truck and tell me the order of operations on the washer and bushing? Washer on first, then bushing? (Bushing closest to the playfield) And one washer underneath the pf?
I'm trying to fix my truck leaving a 1/4 gap when it rotates and Newton balls aren't touching.
Thanks!

The bearing sits between the two washers on the top side of the PF

#8685 3 years ago

Got my new baby on the left today! Got Tim’s code, and the shaker motor which is a MUST! I have a lot more mods to add but so far, I LOVE it!! It’s even better than my dialed in. Got chaos my first game and it pumped me up!! So happy with this one!

232B5FC4-AD6C-4AAD-BCD3-4F75FA448B09 (resized).jpeg232B5FC4-AD6C-4AAD-BCD3-4F75FA448B09 (resized).jpeg
#8686 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Got my new baby on the left today! Got Tim’s code, and the shaker motor which is a MUST! I have a lot more mods to add but so far, I LOVE it!! It’s even better than my dialed in. Got chaos my first game and it pumped me up!! So happy with this one!
[quoted image]

Congrats on the new addition! What's virtual pin is the Harry Potter?

#8687 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you tried lifting the left fork at the entrance of the U ramp - checkout this key post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/28#post-5255575 while the post mentions using a nut under the fork, most people use 1-2 small washers

I figured out what the problem was. I had the wireforms powder coated and didnt install the correctly causing them to interfere with the ball. doh!

#8688 3 years ago

Good morning all Pinheads! We joined Pinside a little while back, thought I would start joining some of the owner groups now. The forums been awesome for tips, tricks and good information. Love this game. One of my favorites in our collection-which for some reason keeps growing. We have bought a few of the mods for it and will start installing them soon. Merry Christams Eve to all and to all a great pinball night!

#8689 3 years ago
Quoted from DawnP:

Good morning all Pinheads! We joined Pinside a little while back, thought I would start joining some of the owner groups now. The forums been awesome for tips, tricks and good information. Love this game. One of my favorites in our collection-which for some reason keeps growing. We have bought a few of the mods for it and will start installing them soon. Merry Christams Eve to all and to all a great pinball night!

Welcome to the JP club - more the merrier!

Merry Christmas!

#8690 3 years ago

Family has gotten so sick of hearing about these, that they gave them to me as my early Christmas Gift..... Stick-a-bumps!

#8691 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats on the new addition! What's virtual pin is the Harry Potter?

It plays hundreds of games but I built it around a Harry Potter Original table my friend Scotty Wic created. Guy is amazing. He also created a Stranger Things original that’s better than the Stern and even has an upsidedown play field when you enter the upsidedown.

#8692 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

It plays hundreds of games but I built it around a Harry Potter Original table my friend Scotty Wic created. Guy is amazing. He also created a Stranger Things original that’s better than the Stern and even has an upsidedown play field when you enter the upsidedown.

Nice - are there any threads on Scotty's Harry Potter or Stranger Things?

#8693 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

got for VISUAL PINBALL JUNKIES FB page...

#8694 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Here’s a sample of his stranger things

And Harry Potter

#8695 3 years ago

Experiencing an issue this morning with my two day old JP Premium. Node board 9 (Upper playfield) keeps going down, always when T-Rex is active. Running through the T-Rex motor tests also triggers the failure. Figure it's a loose wire, but jiggling the wires around the T-Rex and on node board 9 by hand doesn't seem to trigger the problem. I'm not sure how to go about diagnosing this efficiently. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

#8696 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all of you.

I had the issue that the shooting with the plunger did not make the proper u turn.

Turns out that the plunger was not aligned correctly to the shooter lane. Additionally I replaced the green spring with a blue spring. Plunger works now 100 %

Second I had some issues with turning the jeep. After checking I saw that the Newton ball wasn't tight to the playfield. Spending a second washer under the playfield does the trick. Any hit carries now the force via newton ball to the jeep ball.

Hope this helps someone.

20201225_130752 (resized).jpg20201225_130752 (resized).jpg20201225_131604 (resized).jpg20201225_131604 (resized).jpg20201225_132119 (resized).jpg20201225_132119 (resized).jpg20201225_132357 (resized).jpg20201225_132357 (resized).jpg

#8697 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Merry Christmas to all of you.
I had the issue that the shooting with the plunger did not make the proper u turn.
Turns out that the plunger was not aligned correctly to the shooter lane. Additionally I replaced the green spring with a blue spring. Plunger works now 100 %
Second I had some issues with turning the jeep. After checking I saw that the Newton ball wasn't tight to the playfield. Spending a second washer under the playfield does the trick. Any hit carries now the force via newton ball to the jeep ball.
Hope this helps someone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Actually you want to use an orange or one with heavy tension, blue has less tension

Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

#8698 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Actually you want to use an orange or one with heavy tension, blue has less tension
Spring tension from lowest to highest:
Blue (266-5001-05)
Green (266-5001-04)
Standard (10-148-1)
Orange (266-5001-07)
Purple (266-5001)
Gray/Silver (266-5001-14)
Red (10-148-2)

I have orange on both my Munsters LE and Batman 66.....and will put on my JP......when get it.....

#8699 3 years ago

Having a problem where the ball keeps getting stuck here. Anyone have this issue or a solution?

E650E780-E8A6-426B-A869-0B7E7BA65630 (resized).jpegE650E780-E8A6-426B-A869-0B7E7BA65630 (resized).jpeg
#8700 3 years ago

Where is your pitch set? Try raising it just a bit and gravity should roll the ball past that point.

Quoted from Kenswift:

Having a problem where the ball keeps getting stuck here. Anyone have this issue or a solution?
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/174?hl=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.