(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,321 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by jackd104
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7377 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 427.
#8601 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh man, I just hit my first ever Super Skill Shot. It's really fun and rewarding hitting the 3 ramps in a row off ball launch!
Now I have to go after a double and triple super skill shot (like I'll ever achieve that).

I got the 4th shot once which is the Triple Super Skill right orbit "O" in chaos. Not sure if anything after that but I want to say it all 4 shots were worth like 18mil. But have not even sniffed that 4th shot, let a lone the 3 shot, in weeks It is so hard but you do feel good afterwards, definitely one of the more satisfying skillshots out there on any pinball machine.

#8602 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh man, I just hit my first ever Super Skill Shot. It's really fun and rewarding hitting the 3 ramps in a row off ball launch!
Now I have to go after a double and triple super skill shot (like I'll ever achieve that).

I've not managed to nail the triple super yet, I have had the inlane up post come up on me (which others have mentioned) and it stops you making that 4th shot which is kind of annoying.

#8603 3 years ago

Wait, I was a little confused. According to the JP Rulesheet on Tilt Forums, here is what they say regarding the shots after plunge:

- Skill Shot = Left/T-Rex Ramp
- Super Skill Shot = Right/Pteranodon Ramp
- Double Super Skill Shot = Side/Raptor Tower Ramp
- Triple Super Skill Shot = Right Orbit

That means I achieved the Double Super Skill Shot - now I'm feeling even better about myself!

UPDATE: I'm on a roll, just achieved Double for my second time. I think I've figured out how the skill shot works, now on to learn the next thing.

#8604 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

The Raptor Tower ramp screw I could see with mine the ball could hit it also. I was able to put one of these screws in which I bought these at Home Depot. The head profile was just a little smaller , both hieght and width, and did the trick for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I found a small countersink wood screw grabbed well and was perfectly flush.
I was still getting hits with a panhead...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I found a small countersink wood screw grabbed well and was perfectly flush.
I was still getting hits with a panhead...[quoted image]

That would have been my next thought but mine just cleared. I would imagine it all depends on how close the side guide rail is. Kind of surprised Stern didn’t design a little different, they could have easily made it impossible to hit the screw, but who knows. A CNC machine may be off by a hair causing the problem on some, I would imagine not all. Either way shot is still a tough one to hit. Was hoping it would have made it easier but it didn’t, I still suck

#8606 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Wait, I was a little confused. According to the JP Rulesheet on Tilt Forums, here is what they say regarding the shots after plunge:
- Skill Shot = Left/T-Rex Ramp
- Super Skill Shot = Right/Pteranodon Ramp
- Double Super Skill Shot = Side/Raptor Tower Ramp
- Triple Super Skill Shot = Right Orbit
That means I achieved the Double Super Skill Shot - now I'm feeling even better about myself!
UPDATE: I'm on a roll, just achieved Double for my second time. I think I've figured out how the skill shot works, now on to learn the next thing.

Oh and there are other secret skill shots as well ... plus you can put your name up in lights as the skill shot champion

#8607 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Oh and there are other secret skill shots as well ... plus you can put your name up in lights as the skill shot champion

One is a short plunge to a shot to the control room. Accidentally figured that one out

#8608 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

One is a short plunge to a shot to the control room. Accidentally figured that one out

That one is hard. Isn't it only active for like 5 seconds or so?

#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

than now go for the 4th shoot !

#8610 3 years ago

I got the 4th shot once. It's hard because you need to curb your excitement about nailing the 1st 3. Lol. This is an awesome game.

#8611 3 years ago

My son and I get on a roll sometimes and have gotten the four shots several times in a night. We tease each other by calling out the next call-out before it's made.... That's not annoying at all when ya miss!

#8612 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

That one is hard. Isn't it only active for like 5 seconds or so?

It isn’t very long. I almost think if it hits anything scoring it ends.

#8613 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Okay, I just got this one and was excited. However, the very next ball I got another one without knowing what I was doing. I launched short then immediately hit the amber target from the left flipper. It announced "secret skill shot" then launched into a multi-ball.

#8614 3 years ago

For those of you who have replaced the raptor tower ramp left flap screw, I just discovered something. While I've not noticed an issue on my new JP, I thought I would proactively check after seeing so many comments about it. So, I manually rolled a ball over that screw, and indeed the ball makes contact with it.

While I've not read all of the posts, I've read where people get rid of it altogether, grind it down, etc. My first option was to replace it with another screw that I had in my spare screw bin. After looking through everything, I couldn't find anything with a different head in that size, but I did find a screw exactly like the OEM (only a few mm longer) and I noticed the head looked to be just slightly smaller in diameter even thought it was the same height. My idea was to grind the head down on this test screw to see how it worked, but before I did I installed it just to make sure being a little longer that it would still fit correctly.

To my surprise, after I put the new screw in the ball no longer made contact with it. This leads me to believe that the issue with the OEM screw may not be its height, rather, the diameter of the head. My suggestion to others would be to take a little diameter off the head with a grinder/file/Dremmel tool and see what your results are. Alternatively, make sure the screw is fully secured, mark the inner edge with a pencil or Sharpie, then grind off that edge a little to make the diameter at that point smaller. The good thing about this is that you maintain the full depth of the slot for if/when you ever need to remove the screw in the future.

Here you can see the OEM screw on the right, and my replacement is on the left. It's really hard to tell from the pic since they look pretty much identical. However, I broke out the calipers to measure them and the OEM screw measures 5.5 mm in diameter while my replacement is 5.3 mm (height was exactly the same). Hard to believe, but in my case just 0.2 mm in diameter was the difference between the ball hitting the screw and clearing it.

IMG_5143.JPGIMG_5143.JPG

#8615 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Removed the protector from under the tower so that screw won’t affect the shot and had Cliff make me a carbon fiber protector to eliminate the screws altogether.[quoted image]

Can you post a picture of how you installed these? I'm mechanically disinclined, but received these and want to make sure I install these carbon fiber protectors perfectly. This is my first machine and I'm learning as I go. Thanks!

#8616 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, I just got this one and was excited. However, the very next ball I got another one without knowing what I was doing. I launched short then immediately hit the amber target from the left flipper. It announced "secret skill shot" then launched into a multi-ball.

And the is another secret skill shot besides these 2 ... plus I believe there is another combo version that hasn't been mentioned but I have not achieve it.

I typically go the "C" secret skill shot at the start of a game to start spelling CHAOS and then go for the 4 way combo triple super skill shot - which would get you 3 CHAOS letters depending upon where you were at with spelling CHAOS.

#8617 3 years ago

Joined the club today! Pumped! Question though...I bought a pro and it had a motor mod for the Trex head installed. Where did that mod come from?

77D8C258-C178-4B91-8DC5-ADD880BCE0E6 (resized).jpeg77D8C258-C178-4B91-8DC5-ADD880BCE0E6 (resized).jpeg
#8618 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those of you who have replaced the raptor tower ramp left flap screw, I just discovered something. While I've not noticed an issue on my new JP, I thought I would proactively check after seeing so many comments about it. So, I manually rolled a ball over that screw, and indeed the ball makes contact with it.
While I've not read all of the posts, I've read where people get rid of it altogether, grind it down, etc. My first option was to replace it with another screw that I had in my spare screw bin. After looking through everything, I couldn't find anything with a different head in that size, but I did find a screw exactly like the OEM (only a few mm longer) and I noticed the head looked to be just slightly smaller in diameter even thought it was the same height. My idea was to grind the head down on this test screw to see how it worked, but before I did I installed it just to make sure being a little longer that it would still fit correctly.
To my surprise, after I put the new screw in the ball no longer made contact with it. This leads me to believe that the issue with the OEM screw may not be its height, rather, the diameter of the head. My suggestion to others would be to take a little diameter off the head with a grinder/file/Dremmel tool and see what your results are. Alternatively, make sure the screw is fully secured, mark the inner edge with a pencil or Sharpie, then grind off that edge a little to make the diameter at that point smaller. The good thing about this is that you maintain the full depth of the slot for if/when you ever need to remove the screw in the future.
Here you can see the OEM screw on the right, and my replacement is on the left. It's really hard to tell from the pic since they look pretty much identical. However, I broke out the calipers to measure them and the OEM screw measures 5.5 mm in diameter while my replacement is 5.3 mm (height was exactly the same). Hard to believe, but in my case just 0.2 mm in diameter was the difference between the ball hitting the screw and clearing it.
[quoted image]

Mr_Tantrum please can tell the exactly dimensions for your replacement Screws or a link to the shop how you ordered. I have the same Problem on the Tower-Ramp and on the entrance the Helipad-Ramp.
Thanks

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Joined the club today! Pumped! Question though...I bought a pro and it had a motor mod for the Trex head installed. Where did that mod come from?
[quoted image]

It's possibly the T-Rex Alive mod from yoyokopter

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread#post-5835461

#8620 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

Mr_Tantrum please can tell the exactly dimensions for your replacement Screws or a link to the shop how you ordered. I have the same Problem on the Tower-Ramp and on the entrance the Helipad-Ramp.
Thanks

I don't really know. Like I said, I found a screw in the hundreds of all mixed up screws in my screw bin in the garage. It was exactly the same thread size of the OEM screw but slightly longer. Lucky for me the head was smaller in diameter. Do you have a way just to file/sand/grind the head of your screw a little?

If I wasn't explaining myself well, basically you want to go from the picture on the left to the one on the right where the flat edge is aligned to the middle of the ramp (you should tighten the screw all the way, mark it, remove it, grind it, then reinstall it).

philips_head_screw (resized).jpgphilips_head_screw (resized).jpg

#8621 3 years ago

Well I am debating on getting a JP next. How frustrating is the Trex to get adjusted properly? From what I have read that is one of the things that needs constant adjusting. Has anyone had issues with their premium and Is the pro worth it without the raptor pin and Trex?

#8622 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Well I am debating on getting a JP next. How frustrating is the Trex to get adjusted properly? From what I have read that is one of the things that needs constant adjusting. Has anyone had issues with their premium and Is the pro worth it without the raptor pin and Trex?

My dino has been fine. I adjusted it by moving the whole assembly down a bit. Yes, it can be frustrating because you still have to hit him with a nice clean shot or it can bounce off. But I think that's normal, because his jaw is narrower than the ramp and people think just because they are hitting the ramp, it should be caught. Get the premium, it rocks!

#8623 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I suggest you should search the thread. This question is asked and answered every few weeks. Search “buy premium pro”.

Folks with pros will say that you won’t miss anything. Folks with prems will say the trex is integral to the experience. Of the thousands of machines out there i would guess less than 1% have adjustment issues. They are vocal though. My trex worked perfect out of the box and i’ve put almost 2000 games in the 14 months of ownership. No adjustments.

#8624 3 years ago

I will search the thread and see what’s the best option for me. I have plenty of time to choose considering the Premiums are sold out. Thanks for the replies.

#8625 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I suggest you should search the thread. This question is asked and answered every few weeks. Search “buy premium pro”.
Folks with pros will say that you won’t miss anything. Folks with prems will say the trex is integral to the experience. Of the thousands of machines out there i would guess less than 1% have adjustment issues. They are vocal though. My trex worked perfect out of the box and i’ve put almost 2000 games in the 14 months of ownership. No adjustments.

I have also had zero issues with the Trex out of the box. I have only owned mine for a little over a month but I have about 200 games on it. Also before I bought mine I was playing one in route at a place I frequent, and that owner said they have had no issues with any of the Stern pins they have let alone this game or T. rex adjustments.

#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I will search the thread and see what’s the best option for me. I have plenty of time to choose considering the Premiums are sold out. Thanks for the replies.

My Trex was fine out of box.

#8627 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Also don't discount the differences with raptor pen - being able to lock your ball in the pen and have it turn into a captive ball is a very cool feature.

My T-Rex works well, I certainly get the odd missed catch but much prefer the LE/Prem package as a whole (not that there's anything wrong with a Pro), so which ever way you go you won't be disappointed.

#8628 3 years ago

Anyone have 1.02 pro code? Can’t get 1.03 to install. Downloaded it 3 times, 3 different sticks, won’t update.

#8629 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone have 1.02 pro code? Can’t get 1.03 to install. Downloaded it 3 times, 3 different sticks, won’t update.

Do yourself a favor and get the 1.03 updated code from Tim, you get the full experience. Search for this thread: Stern Jurassic Park 2 Custom Audio Project

#8630 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I ordered a pro and Yoyos Trex alive mod. It moves side to side but doesn’t eat the ball. Looks amazing.

#8631 3 years ago

Stern’s servers seem to be flaky on the weekends. Try the download again on Monday...
Also, use the SDCard version and instructions as posted on their site. I tried their download and the Sdcard writing utility process on Friday and it worked perfect.

#8632 3 years ago

Here’s a shot of the carbon fiber protectors that Cliffy makes

18F92C8A-7D2C-4B26-A9A5-866734511361 (resized).jpeg18F92C8A-7D2C-4B26-A9A5-866734511361 (resized).jpeg72CC0873-C637-40A8-9DA0-CC88DB934687 (resized).jpeg72CC0873-C637-40A8-9DA0-CC88DB934687 (resized).jpegF24A426B-8418-4C28-8E7C-87E903AF5BFC (resized).jpegF24A426B-8418-4C28-8E7C-87E903AF5BFC (resized).jpeg
#8633 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I ordered a pro and Yoyos Trex alive mod. It moves side to side but doesn’t eat the ball. Looks amazing.

Also mine wasn’t supposed to ship until January and YOYO reached out today and is shipping my mod today!!

#8634 3 years ago

As Markharris2000 stated, use the SD Card version.

#8635 3 years ago

Happy to finally join the club! I ordered my Premium this morning, and it will be delivered sometime next week. Deadpool will enjoy the company.

I also ordered the Tilt art blades, a shaker motor and Pin Stadiums. Any other "must-have" mods I should pick up?

#8636 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Happy to finally join the club! I ordered my Premium this morning, and it will be delivered sometime next week. Deadpool will enjoy the company.
I also ordered the Tilt art blades, a shaker motor and Pin Stadiums. Any other "must-have" mods I should pick up?

Shooter lane protectors are a must... many folks have applied them BEFORE the first ball was played. Can't wait to play and don't have the protectors yet? Use 3 layers of blue painters tape in the shooter lane until the protectors are received. Cliffy [email protected] has a very popular set. (just send him an email). And if you ARE getting a set of shooter lane protectors from Cliff, ask him for a single Fiber washer for the third flipper end post, and a fiber flap for the tower ramp. He can ship them all at the same time.

#8637 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Where did you order with that quick of delivery...?? told sold until next run in Feb...

#8638 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Where did you order with that quick of delivery...?? told sold until next run in Feb...

Ditto! Who has them in stock?

#8639 3 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Ditto! Who has them in stock?

my Prem has been on order since late Sept.....with a reputable dealer hmmm,,,,

#8640 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

my Prem has been on order since late Sept.....with a reputable dealer hmmm,,,,

Same, August 21st here...

#8641 3 years ago

I ordered one in September and got in in October from Hemisphere amusements... They took a premium and installed a shaker motor, invisi glass and art blades. Great guys. I’ve bought 3 machines from them.

#8642 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I ordered one in September and got in in October from Hemisphere amusements... They took a premium and installed a shaker motor, invisi glass and art blades. Great guys. I’ve bought 3 machines from them.

And they are showing February for production.... none in stock...which fits....

#8643 3 years ago

Wow, guess I got super lucky here! I ordered it from The Man Cave Warehouse in Orlando today. This was the last Premium they had in stock. They are an official Stern dealer, but this is my first game purchase from them. Very good experience so far.

#8644 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Shooter lane protectors are a must... many folks have applied them BEFORE the first ball was played. Can't wait to play and don't have the protectors yet? Use 3 layers of blue painters tape in the shooter lane until the protectors are received. Cliffy [email protected] has a very popular set. (just send him an email). And if you ARE getting a set of shooter lane protectors from Cliff, ask him for a single Fiber washer for the third flipper end post, and a fiber flap for the tower ramp. He can ship them all at the same time.

I just emailed to request these items - want to cover my bases on known issues. Can you please elaborate on the "single Fiber washer for the third flipper end post"? Does this one just go under the post to provide additional protection?

#8645 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I just emailed to request these items - want to cover my bases on known issues. Can you please elaborate on the "single Fiber washer for the third flipper end post"? Does this one just go under the post to provide additional protection?

Yes, it just a round carbon fiber washer with adhesive on one side to protect the clear coat under the post. It is like $2.

#8646 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Here’s a shot of the carbon fiber protectors that Cliffy makes
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those protectors supposed to protect play field or is it to remediate the issue with the ball hitting the screws preventing shots from going up the ramps?

#8647 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Are those protectors supposed to protect play field or is it to remediate the issue with the ball hitting the screws preventing shots from going up the ramps?

He makes both types, 1) the round third flipper post carbon fiber washer (see my other note on how to install the washer under that post), and 2) the Tower ramp flap which allows you to remove the tower ramp screws and flap all together and replace with a carbon fiber alternative.

Obviously, it's your choice of whether to use each one of these. For me, instead of replacing the tower ramp flap altogether (#2 above) I chose to simply replace the round head screw on the left holding the flap in place with a flat head screw. There are several options here because those flap screws appear to be slightly different places depending on how the playfield/cnc was setup in the factory that day.

#8648 3 years ago

Just put in an order for a pro, it will be my first (non-virtual) pin! Super excited, got the cliffy protection pack as well based on recommendation of this thread. My 5 year old will want to play, are there any settings in the system options to make the game a bit friendlier to new pinballers?

Cheers

#8649 3 years ago
Quoted from colbster:

Just put in an order for a pro, it will be my first (non-virtual) pin! Super excited, got the cliffy protection pack as well based on recommendation of this thread. My 5 year old will want to play, are there any settings in the system options to make the game a bit friendlier to new pinballers?
Cheers

It's a pretty tight game, as far as making the shots. Luckily, a five year old will be in awe by the great sounds and light show! Congrats on the game. You can change settings to allow more extra balls and extend ball saves.

#8650 3 years ago
Quoted from colbster:

Cheers

Set game from 3 balls to 5 balls, extend time for ball saves, and physically adjust the outlane guide posts to be more closed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 21,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/173?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.