(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 424.
#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Looks great! What did you use for the clear washers at the bottom of the trees?

Yeah used these clear plastic/ rubber washers I got off Amazon, drilled a 1/8" hole in the center, I liked the idea of clear not to block what little art work on the plastics. Oddly enough I first tried super glue, no luck would not adhere, I could glue my fingers together but not plastic and rubber LOL. Then tried model glue, same result. Then went to Lowes and got some DAP Rapid Fuse with primer for $5, which was made for plastic and rubber and worked like a charm. Then used two sided tape under the rubber disc cut out the access and pealed and stuck on where I wanted. I used two sided tape I got off Amazon, the kind you can remove if needed, just in case to avoid damage.

Anyways below is some links off Amazon of washers and two sided tape and a pick of the glue I got from Lowes

If you need trees let me know I will sell you mine dirt cheap, shipping plus maybe $10,I could only find a 30 pack LOL and have a bunch left over.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000YZAT34/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_noy1Fb0RBH7A2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X5WM9L7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Xuy1FbAVCK06K
PXL_20201213_030710567 (resized).jpgPXL_20201213_030710567 (resized).jpg

#8552 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished my final version of the raptor pit mod. Came out great, IMO.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great and will consider if you decide to sell. I'm wondering how it or even the mezel one goes for the chances of ball hang ups. Is the chance of an air ball extremely remote for this to be an issue?

#8553 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Looks great and will consider if you decide to sell. I'm wondering how it or even the mezel one goes for the chances of ball hang ups. Is the chance of an air ball extremely remote for this to be an issue?

Well, I’ve never seen anyone here posting any issues with the Mezel version. There’s also already a post on the right side of the plastic for what I can only assume is to prevent air balls, not to mention the raptor at back and the wireframe at front.

#8554 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

EDIT - I managed to find a few copters on Amazon so if you are interested in getting one of these pre-modded and ready to drop into your machine, send me a PM.
Alternate process for Helicopter mod install (no grinding or sanding)
I got my helicopter in over the weekend and decided to install today. Many thanks to the brave souls before me who originally figured this out and shared with all of us... I wanted to see if I could find a way to install without having to grind away the bottom or deform the top in order for it to fit. Good news is, it can be done quite easily, and without having to take apart the copter. (unless you are trying to also do the cockpit light mod.
Basically with a pair of large needle-nose pliers, I grabbed the original rotor and with a couple of rocks back and forth, you can snap it off leaving a perfect guide hole. I also use the same pliers to snap off the lander gears. The remaining part of the landing gears may fall into the body of copter but they will come out later when you drill the larger holes.
Then on my drill press I used a 5/32" bit to go through the guide hole at top and straight down to create guide hole in bottom. Next, using a stepper bit on drill press I make a 1/2" hole through bottom plastic, this is the size of the shaft in the game you will be sliding copter over.
The trick to this method is to go with a larger hole on the top. Using the same stepper bit, I drill out top hole to a 5/8" hole, this allows for the washers and bearing to sit inside of the copter (instead of above it) and gives us the clearance needed without having to grind off the bottom of the copter.
You can see in the final pictures that the copter sits in perfectly with just enough clearance for the blades to spin and all without grinding away any material. You don't need to do anything to secure the copter, it naturally sits in the perfect spot and doesn't move at all. I also decided to remove the remaining hex posts (since they were only there to hold original helicopter plastic) and just put 6-32 nuts in place to clean that area up. I also did as others have done and placed a small dab of hot glue on the rear propeller to hold it in the perfect position to make sure the main rotor misses it during rotation.
Everything spins and functions as it should and it truly looks like it could have come from the factory this way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just so I understand. I dont have a stepper bit Can I just use a diff size bit on each end of the copter?

#8555 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just so I understand. I dont have a stepper bit Can I just use a diff size bit on each end of the copter?

Yes, I used one bit all the way thru.

#8556 3 years ago

Since I've already had a few people express interest, I've decided to offer my raptor pit mod to others. It is made of quality 3D printed filaments, and includes the following:
- The two side rails with posts
- The 3 orange inserts
- 2 lengths of wire
- The sign that is secured by the wire

Price for the mod is $45 which includes US shipping (international orders on a per quote basis). If interested, please PM me and I'll also provide you a link to all of my available JP mods. Installation is straight forward, and I will provide a link with instructions when purchased.

1 (resized).jpeg1 (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).jpeg2 (resized).jpeg

Again, my desire was to have something that more closely resembled the coloring and styling of the version in the movie. You should consider the Mezel Mods version first, but for those of you prefer mine then I'm happy to sell the mod to you.
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#8557 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

On my premium, the ball was hitting this screw (pic) and caused a lot of rattled shots.
I took painters tape and masked off the left screw of the entrance ramp. Then I took a Dremel with a stone bit and ground the screw head down so that the ball no longer made contact with the screw head.
[quoted image]

8 months later I got so tired of the raptor shot clunking out that I took a Dremel to this screw also and it made a huge difference. Thank you to everyone who recommended this solution - add me to the list of people that this worked for!

#8558 3 years ago

Anyone have luck getting the stock spinner to rotate faster? Weighted different?

#8559 3 years ago

I was hoping if someone can please give me done advice ...

My right lower flipper is not as powerful as the left one...

I changed the coil stop to be on safe side, the power in the options menu is at 255 ( maximum strength) which is the same as the left...

The left one is as snappy as shit while the right just doesnt have that nice feel to it...

I dont know what to do...

Can someone please give me a tip ..

Thnx in advance

#8560 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I changed the coil stop to be on safe side, the power in the options menu is at 255 ( maximum strength) which is the same as the left...
The left one is as snappy as shit while the right just doesnt have that nice feel to it...
Thnx in advance

Did ya try turning up the strength for that coil?

#8561 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

Thnx in advance

Make sure it has slight play up and down and is not binding (too tight).

#8562 3 years ago

Didn't hear form anybody about the T-Rex adjustment regarding "ticks", but I think I figured it out myself.

If anyone else is having issue with the T-Rex catching balls consistently, have you tried the adjustment for "Hold Power"?

One thing I noticed when playing is when you are in T-Rex Rampage, the ball seems to get caught very consistently. I asked Pablo at Stern about this, and he said the behavior was not different, but I'm starting to think that they may have the power holding more when the jaw is open?

I'm about to go and try changing that "Hold Power" setting, and see if it makes a difference. Will report back.

#8563 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Make sure it has slight play up and down and is not binding (too tight).

This. Move the flipper by hand and check if there is any binding.

#8564 3 years ago

I'm a new owner of the Pro version of the game and have been playing it all weekend. Admittedly, I'm not the greatest pinball player, and I'm still learning all of the rules to this game as I play. Anyway, I'm having a really hard time hitting the outer ramps, so the control room, and the helipad one. I've verified that the tips of my flippers are pointing right at the divot in the playfield, and I've got the playfield set at 7 degrees, and left to right is level. Is this just a situation of me having to get better at these shots, or should I be making other adjustments?

#8565 3 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

I'm a new owner of the Pro version of the game and have been playing it all weekend. Admittedly, I'm not the greatest pinball player, and I'm still learning all of the rules to this game as I play. Anyway, I'm having a really hard time hitting the outer ramps, so the control room, and the helipad one. I've verified that the tips of my flippers are pointing right at the divot in the playfield, and I've got the playfield set at 7 degrees, and left to right is level. Is this just a situation of me having to get better at these shots, or should I be making other adjustments?

Have you tried different combinations of pitch and flipper power? Maybe try changing both of those a little bit until you land on a combination of settings that works for you. Also, I lined up my flippers a slight bit lower to the alignment hole to help with those shots. It's not exact adherence to the intended design, but since it's in my basement and it works for me I don't care

#8566 3 years ago

This is where I set my flippers in order to help make those outside shots. I am currently using Titan thin flipper bands. Type of flipper rubber definitely affects game play, and everyone has their own opinions on preferred pinball rubber. My flipper power is set pretty close to factory settings.

9FBE35E4-6E25-435C-A74C-287069FC3C43 (resized).jpeg9FBE35E4-6E25-435C-A74C-287069FC3C43 (resized).jpeg
#8567 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can anyone confirm if Game Adjustment #331 changes the opening of the T-Rex jaw based on the number of ticks?
I played around with it this evening, and see no difference regardless of what I set it to.

"T-REX STEP KEEP JAW OPEN TICKS" - milliseconds the jaw is kept open after the Left Ramp opto is broken

The adjustment is in milliseconds so I'd expect changes will be barely perceptible

#8568 3 years ago

They are difficult shots by design. I find it easier to hit these shots if you cradle the ball first and then focus on hitting the shot with the ball right at the end of the flipper. I don't suggest lowering your flippers like freeplay suggested. While this does open up your shots it also makes it more difficult to cradle since the flipper will not rise as far.

#8569 3 years ago

Quoted from jawjaw:

They are difficult shots by design. I find it easier to hit these shots if you cradle the ball first and then focus on hitting the shot with the ball right at the end of the flipper. I don't suggest lowering your flippers like freeplay suggested. While this does open up your shots it also makes it more difficult to cradle since the flipper will not rise as far.

Actually freegame450 has it right. The designer has himself said that the flippers need to be "droopy". A little lower than other games. The dot should be aligned with the top side of the flipper bat (not the rubber), just as seen in the pics above.

Sorry I am not searching through 172 pages of posts in this thread to point it out. I've had the game for over a year and have been following this thread since. It's been mentioned many times. search "flipper alignment" in the thread if you feel like it!

Slightly lowering flipper power will also make the side shots easier.

#8570 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Actually freegame450 has it right. The designer has himself said that the flippers need to be "droopy". A little lower than other games. The dot should be aligned with the top side of the flipper bat (not the rubber), just as seen in the pics above.
Sorry I am not searching through 172 pages of posts in this thread to point it out. I've had the game for over a year and have been following this thread since. It's been mentioned many times. search "flipper alignment" in the thread if you feel like it!
Slightly lowering flipper power will also make the side shots easier.

Actually the centre of the lower flipper bats should be aligned to the dot. It's only the upper flipper that should have the front of the bat aligned to the dot. The dots for the lower flippers are placed such that if the bats are centered they'll be "droopy" (rather than in line with the return lane guide)

Here's Keith's posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516155
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106

#8571 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Actually the centre of the lowering flipper bats should be aligned to the dot. It's only the upper flipper that should have the front of the bat aligned to the dot. The dots for the lower flippers are placed such that if the bats are centered they'll be "droopy" rather than in line with the return lane guide
Here's Keith's posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516155
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106

Sorry you are correct. That's what I get for surfing Pinside during my break with my mind still focused on work lol..

I just checked mine (still factory set) and they are not as low as the picture above but slightly lower than centered on the dot. Been playing it like that for over a year I am not changing anything lol.

#8572 3 years ago

Put your game at 6.5. If you're a newer played, those shots are intentionally hard to find. Spend some more time on the game, and if you still can't make them, consider adjusting the angle of the flipper. I remember when I started out, I was constantly adjusting everything thinking it was the game and not me. Then I realized it was me

I'm at a point now where I can tell the difference, so my advice to you, is play the game more and see how you feel in a couple of weeks.

#8573 3 years ago

Put your game at 6.5. If you're a newer played, those shots are intentionally hard to find. Spend some more time on the game, and if you still can't make them, consider adjusting the angle of the flipper. I remember when I started out, I was constantly adjusting everything thinking it was the game and not me. Then I realized it was me
I'm at a point now where I can tell the difference, so my advice to you, is play the game more and see how you feel in a couple of weeks.

where is the bubble at 6.5? I don't have an inclinometer

#8574 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Do you have a cell phone? There are free apps.

#8575 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Bubble should be between the lines, but it's not always accurate.

Buy a digital level on Amazon. It's a must have if you're in this hobby

#8576 3 years ago

Use the Pinguy app.

#8577 3 years ago

Just figured I would post incase it could help someone else. Was getting alot of rattle shots into my raptor tower ramp and read up a ton on possible solutions. I decided to just remove the screw all together. I took the flap out and used some double sided tape on the left side. After doing this my ramp is butter smooth now. No more rattling around.

01774F01-E308-42FB-AA49-B380B89458F8 (resized).jpeg01774F01-E308-42FB-AA49-B380B89458F8 (resized).jpeg
#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

That's what I get for surfing Pinside during my break with my mind still focused on work lol..

Yep know what that's like LOL!

#8579 3 years ago

If anyone else is having issue with the T-Rex catching balls consistently, have you tried the adjustment for "Hold Power"?
One thing I noticed when playing is when you are in T-Rex Rampage, the ball seems to get caught very consistently. I asked Pablo at Stern about this, and he said the behavior was not different, but I'm starting to think that they may have the power holding more when the jaw is open?
I'm about to go and try changing that "Hold Power" setting, and see if it makes a difference. Will report back.

How did you go with changing the holding power - any success??

#8580 3 years ago

When taking this screw out, does the wireform have to be removed? I can't seem to get easy access to the screw to remove it.

Quoted from freegame450:

I think that removing the screw and “taping” the flap down is a good option, but you may want to consider this option as well.
Take a black sharpie and mark a small dot on the screw were the ball is contacting it. Then remove that screw and use a hand file or dremmel to shave just a small amount off the screw (were the sharpie dot is) on a bit of an angle as shown in the picture. (Leaving enough material on the head of the screw so a Phillips head screwdriver still works) Put the screw back in being super careful to re-engage the threads just as it was before removal......I rotate the screw backwards while putting slight downward pressure. With a sensitive touch you can feel the screw threads “drop into” the existing threads in the playfield. So now the screw will end up being rotated to the same position that it was prior to removal and the small amount that was filed off the screw eliminates the ball hop that caused ramp shot failures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#8581 3 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

When taking this screw out, does the wireform have to be removed? I can't seem to get easy access to the screw to remove it.

To remove the screw: remove the single tower plastic right above it (one screw), then use a 8-inch PH1 type screwdriver and you'll see the screw can be accessed from directly above easily.

#8582 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

To remove the screw: remove the single tower plastic right above it (one screw), then use a 8-inch PH1 type screwdriver and you'll see the screw can be accessed from directly above easily.

Is that the screwdriver you bought just for this screw? Have you found another use for the tool yet?

#8583 3 years ago

Recommendation?

#8584 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Recommendation?

Just use PinGuy (free app) on your mobile phone.

It's great because you can be under the pin leveling and setting slope while a voice calls out what adjustments need to be made and when you are all set.

#8585 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just use PinGuy (free app) on your mobile phone.
It's great because you can be under the pin leveling and setting slope while a voice calls out what adjustments need to be made and when you are all set.

Looks like its a Apple app..... Android here...??

#8586 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Looks like its a Apple app..... Android here...??

Oh, sorry. Wasn't aware it's not available on Android.

However, you can always buy a digital level at apple.com (they list them under the phone section)

#8587 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is that the screwdriver you bought just for this screw? Have you found another use for the tool yet?

YES, I bought this screwdriver just for use on this screw, and NO I haven't had to use it anywhere else... LOL

#8588 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

YES, I bought this screwdriver just for use on this screw, and NO I haven't had to use it anywhere else... LOL

Well, you could have just asked me and I would have loaned mine to you. You just would have needed to drive to Texas to pick it up then back again to return it.

IMG_5126 (resized).JPGIMG_5126 (resized).JPG
#8589 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

How did you go with changing the holding power - any success??

I adjusted it fro the default of 50 to 60.

Played a couple of games, but didn't notice a huge difference.

Going to play around with it a bit more and see.

#8590 3 years ago

Im having a hard time getting the C super skill shot. If I take glass off and roll the ball at it I get the 6 million. It seems even when i soft plunge I notice I am getting a 200k Amber award so somewhere I am activating a switch which stops the skill shot any ideas? Ill try again today to see if the ball is hitting something gently coming down to the flippers.

#8591 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im having a hard time getting the C super skill shot. If I take glass off and roll the ball at it I get the 6 million. It seems even when i soft plunge I notice I am getting a 200k Amber award so somewhere I am activating a switch which stops the skill shot any ideas? Ill try again today to see if the ball is hitting something gently coming down to the flippers.

check your switches in test. I had similar issue witha bad connection on the jeep. It hit as soon as I launched a ball. And got t-rex hits almost direct.

#8592 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pinguy/id782973821

Never mind....I see you’re an Android user.

#8593 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pinguy/id782973821
Never mind....I see you’re an Android user.

I used my iphone and it worked like a charm

#8594 3 years ago

Hi! Today cleaning my Jurassic Park i just see this sticker, "Jaws Premium" Means they have in mind launch Jaws? Or it's was a code name?

IMG_3916 (resized).jpgIMG_3916 (resized).jpgIMG_3917 (resized).jpgIMG_3917 (resized).jpg
#8595 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Hi! Today cleaning my Jurassic Park i just see this sticker, "Jaws Premium" Means they have in mind launch Jaws? Or it's was a code name?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Code name. They all have code names. GB was Harold.

#8596 3 years ago

#8597 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Try putting it into switch test mode and then wobble the machine a bit to see if a switch is triggered. Sometimes thou they can be quite specific, so you could also try manually plunging a ball and watching what switches are triggered ... it's just a matter of tracking it down.

#8598 3 years ago

Early on I upgraded my 4" Premium speakers to the same 5.25" Kenwood KFC-1366S speakers that Stern includes with the LE, along with a lighted speaker mod kit. I really liked the look of them and they sound great, but recently another JP owner showed me a pair of Kicker speakers with black cones and a yellow/gold center. I really liked the look of the Kicker pair, so I deciding do buy a set and install those. Personally, I like the black with the center yellow accent a little better than the light silver of the Kenwoods, so I'm keeping the Kicker speakers installed.
IMG_5136 (resized).JPGIMG_5136 (resized).JPG
IMG_5137 (resized).JPGIMG_5137 (resized).JPG

Here is what the Kenwood speakers look like with the same speaker light mod.
IMG_5134 (resized).JPGIMG_5134 (resized).JPG

#8599 3 years ago

The Raptor Tower ramp screw I could see with mine the ball could hit it also. I was able to put one of these screws in which I bought these at Home Depot. The head profile was just a little smaller , both hieght and width, and did the trick for me.

PXL_20201218_190924712 (resized).jpgPXL_20201218_190924712 (resized).jpgPXL_20201218_190934145 (resized).jpgPXL_20201218_190934145 (resized).jpg
#8600 3 years ago

Oh man, I just hit my first ever Super Skill Shot. It's really fun and rewarding hitting the 3 ramps in a row off ball launch!

Now I have to go after a double and triple super skill shot (like I'll ever achieve that).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.