(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 427.
#8501 3 years ago

I searched but didn't find anything....so now I ask. Has anyone noticed a delay in the callouts in between modes or sequence changes? Maybe it's normal...

For example...let's say U have T-Rex all lit up...and then I drain a ball shortly thereafter. The ball drain music starts and the display moves on...but then I hear the "shoot the left ramp" callout over top of everything else. Completely delayed. Is this normal? Version 1.00.0 Sys 2.44.0 OS 2.00.17. Thanks!

#8502 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I searched but didn't find anything....so now I ask. Has anyone noticed a delay in the callouts in between modes or sequence changes? Maybe it's normal...
For example...let's say U have T-Rex all lit up...and then I drain a ball shortly thereafter. The ball drain music starts and the display moves on...but then I hear the "shoot the left ramp" callout over top of everything else. Completely delayed. Is this normal? Version 1.00.0 Sys 2.44.0 OS 2.00.17. Thanks!

1.03 is the latest code. Update your pin.

#8503 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

1.03 is the latest code. Update your pin.

Yea just realized that after I posted...did you notice this behavior on earlier code?

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Yea just realized that after I posted...did you notice this behavior on earlier code?

Yes. It was fixed in one of the updates. I forget which.

#8505 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes. It was fixed in one of the updates. I forget which.

Ok, thank you for confirming. Will update!!

#8506 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

If you are looking for movie clips ect you need to get the Tim code. Just ask him to share, burn to a SD card and donate some $ to him, it is well worth it and takes the game to a whole new level. Search for the following thread to get the details: Stern Jurassic Park 2 Custom Audio Project

Does Tim’s code work with the latest 1.03 code? I’ve had my Pro for about a month and the last I remember reading is that it hadn’t been tested with the latest update at that point. If so, I’ll consider upgrading to his code.

#8508 3 years ago
Quoted from gaubster:

Does Tim’s code work with the latest 1.03 code? I’ve had my Pro for about a month and the last I remember reading is that it hadn’t been tested with the latest update at that point. If so, I’ll consider upgrading to his code.

Yes he just updated his code for the 1.03 code. It is awesome

#8509 3 years ago
Quoted from gaubster:

Often confused by many here on the forum, Tim's code does not layer on top of the machine's existing code. Instead, Tim's code *IS* the full 1.03 gamecode that has been modified by Pinball-Browser to include the A/V updates. When you swap the SD card, you swap the entire game's code. You do not need anything else to run the machine, just a copy of Tim's code successfully burned to a SD Card per the instructions found up top. His latest is Version 39 and you can get by dropping him a note to get the link.

#8510 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

His latest is Version 39 and you can get by dropping him a note to get the link.

And please make a donation!!

He spent a shitload of his own time putting this together - show some gratitude.

#8511 3 years ago

I heard about a mod that you can get video and sound from the movie. I found twd one. Where would I find one for jurassic?

#8512 3 years ago
Quoted from pdarbuckle:

I heard about a mod that you can get video and sound from the movie. I found twd one. Where would I find one for jurassic?

Does anyone read any of the posts above to see an answer before asking the same question a thousand times?

#8513 3 years ago

Is there a place I can get the movie clips and audio to put into my game?

#8514 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Please read top posts. It's even got it's own thread. Search for "Jurassic Park 2 Custom Code"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

#8515 3 years ago
Quoted from pdarbuckle:

Please read top posts. It's even got it's own thread. Search for "Jurassic Park 2 Custom Code"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

#8516 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

LOL!

#8517 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No never heard of that.......

#8518 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Sarcasm by beelzeboob , I do think.

Anyway, while we're on the topic, can somebody please tell me how to get the music and video clips from the movie on my pin?

#8519 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sarcasm on his part, I do think.
Anyway, while we're on the topic, can somebody please tell me how to get the music and video clips from the movie on my pin?

Wait, what? There's a way to get actual movie footage and audio on my JP?!

#8520 3 years ago

Is there a way to get movie footage so people can load it on the game and sell it for a profit?

#8521 3 years ago

No

#8522 3 years ago

I tried searching but didn't find anything related to the best path to take using the truck. Any advice? Can you skip the number of paddocks? It seems no matter left or right you'll still have the same number.

#8523 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I tried searching but didn't find anything related to the best path to take using the truck. Any advice? Can you skip the number of paddocks? It seems no matter left or right you'll still have the same number.

You can’t skip paddocks.

The color of the dinos insert reflects the dino’s difficulty. Stay on one edge or the other for an easier pathway to the Visitor Center, or jump in the middle and use the perks for the difficult dinos to help you get a better score.

There is a smart missile reward that will ‘Clear Paddock’ and award you with all the rescues and captured dino for the paddock you are on.

Other than the smart missile reward, it’s grind your way through.

Welcome to Jurassic Park.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#8524 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You can’t skip paddocks.
The color of the dinos insert reflects the dino’s difficulty. Stay on one edge or the other for an easier pathway to the Visitor Center, or jump in the middle and use the perks for the difficult dinos to help you get a better score.
There is a smart missile reward that will ‘Clear Paddock’ and award you with all the rescues and captured dino for the paddock you are on.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was a trick to it that I was missing. I'm just getting beat up on it lately. I'd hit a billion pre covid at the pinball bar but now at home I haven't come close to it. Such a tough game to hit shots on the fly

#8525 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

And please make a donation!!
He spent a shitload of his own time putting this together - show some gratitude.

I absolutely will!

#8526 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I'd hit a billion pre covid at the pinball bar...

tenor.giftenor.gif
#8527 3 years ago

If you don’t want to spend over $20 on the Jurassic World helicopter, this model is the exact same shape, and has a nice color scheme. I just used black marker on the alien decal and fits the theme (see photos of before/after). $8.50 shipped from eBay. Planning to add this to my Pro that will arrive before Christmas.

ebay.com link: itm

DC85D44D-FBC5-4EFF-A5F0-BE4BB5FD46F7 (resized).jpegDC85D44D-FBC5-4EFF-A5F0-BE4BB5FD46F7 (resized).jpegFEBBE209-447B-46B7-B698-23AC8D3587EB (resized).jpegFEBBE209-447B-46B7-B698-23AC8D3587EB (resized).jpeg

#8528 3 years ago

The more I play this pin, the more I love it!

#8529 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The more I play this pin, the more I love it!

Just wait until you get an original movie video and audio hack. Have you heard about that yet?

#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

If you don’t want to spend over $20 on the Jurassic World helicopter, this model is the exact same shape, and has a nice color scheme. I just used black marker on the alien decal and fits the theme (see photos of before/after). $8.50 shipped from eBay. Planning to add this to my Pro that will arrive before Christmas.
ebay.com link
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ordered! Nice find. I’m going to use some alcohol to remove the writing on the side and I ordered these too to go on there.
ebay.com link: Kenner Jurassic Park Logo sticker set Lots of sizes

#8531 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Just wait until you get an original movie video and audio hack. Have you heard about that yet?

There's a hack?? Tell me how I unlock this

#8532 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Ordered! Nice find. I’m going to use some alcohol to remove the writing on the side and I ordered these too to go on there.
ebay.com link » Kenner Jurassic Park Logo Sticker Set Lots Of Sizes

Nice, I considered printing a logo as well. I’m sure it will look great!

#8533 3 years ago

Got my chopper mod installed today from RetroGamerJP today and the thing is awesome fits in the game perfect and leaves enough clearance for the blades to spin properly. Looks like it should have been there all along

25A0FBCE-F8B9-40ED-9B81-BE06FCA12A20 (resized).jpeg25A0FBCE-F8B9-40ED-9B81-BE06FCA12A20 (resized).jpeg
#8534 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

ebay.com link

Thanks for posting this. I found a yellow/black one that is the same
ebay.com link: itm

#8535 3 years ago

I've been tinkering with my own version of a raptor pit mod, and the first prototype came out pretty good. I have a few tweaks to make, but thought I would share my progress thus far. I wanted mine to be more of the coloration and style of the movie version which is a light gray smooth concrete and gray steel columns.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

IMG_5085 (resized).JPGIMG_5085 (resized).JPG

#8536 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

You can’t skip paddocks.

Seems like you can skip paddocks. Just played and stayed right the entire time. While it looked like T-rex was next staying right took me to comphy. According to the playfield lights I would be past T-rex. I didn't finish the comphy paddock

#8537 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Seems like you can skip paddocks. Just played and stayed right the entire time. While it looked like T-rex was next staying right took me to comphy. According to the playfield lights I would be past T-rex. I didn't finish the comphy paddock

Staying right or left all the way is the quickest way to the visitor centre, doing the minimum number of paddocks and avoids the super predator paddocks. However the super predator paddocks have good perks and you can also get KOTI multiball, so depending upon what you are wanting to achieve you may want to "visit" them but it does mean you have to go through more paddocks to get to the visitor centre

#8538 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Staying right or left all the way is the quickest way to the visitor centre, doing the minimum number of paddocks and avoids the super predator paddocks. However the super predator paddocks have good perks and you can also get KOTI multiball, so depending upon what you are wanting to achieve you may want to "visit" them but it does mean you have to go through more paddocks to get to the visitor centre

Yes, poor wording on my part. Avoid paddocks is more what I meant. KOTI is only for spinosaurus right?

#8539 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm if Game Adjustment #331 changes the opening of the T-Rex jaw based on the number of ticks?

I played around with it this evening, and see no difference regardless of what I set it to.

My issue now is that jaw isn't resting on the ramp, so half the shots hit the bottom of the jaw and fail to get captured by the magnet.

#8540 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It’s very strange. It spins freely and is not binding. It just wants to rest at like a 25 degree angle and it should be like a 5 degree angle. I can’t figure out what’s up with it.

I had this exact same problem on my IMdn with the bottom left spinner. It wasn't resting in a vertical position meaning you couldn't get a decent shot on it.

Despite what has been said before by others, it has absolutely nothing to do with the bracket, or it binding, or anything else similar. It is because the axle the spinner sits on is bent. once it becomes bent and the spinner starts to sit not vertical (lower edge closer to you) every single hit to the spinner will actually bend the axle a little more making the problem worse.

To fix this you need to hold the spinner between finger and thumb and pull towards you (front of playfield)and bend the axle back to perfectly straight. This will fix the problem.

Do this little by little so as not to over stress the wire and potentially weaken it and cause it to break at a later date.

#8541 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

KOTI is only for spinosaurus right?

You need to complete Spino to get KOTI. If you also completed the T-Rex paddock then it’s T-Rex vs Spino KOTI, otherwise it is just Spino KOTI

#8542 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Yes, poor wording on my part. Avoid paddocks is more what I meant. KOTI is only for spinosaurus right?

Yes - you can avoid paddocks based on the direction of the truck when you move to a new paddock, but you cannot skip OVER a paddock.

#8543 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

You need to complete Spino to get KOTI. If you also completed the T-Rex paddock then it’s T-Rex vs Spino KOTI, otherwise it is just Spino KOTI

Man I need to focus on KOTI to get to see it some day. I've had the game 14 months now and never played/seen KOTI. Gotten to VC a few times. Got close to starting escape Nublar after VC a few weeks ago. I just need to focus on that paddock(Spino) I guess.

#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've been tinkering with my own version of a raptor pit mod, and the first prototype came out pretty good.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like a great start! Put me down as an interested party. I’ve been collecting mods in anticipation of the machine arriving soon. So far I have shaker, replacement Jeep + helicopter and Raptor Dino figure.

#8545 3 years ago

Accidentally posted my raptor pit update in the other thread (I confuse the two sometimes). Anyway, I thought I was finished but I ended up snapping off one of the posts when installing the wire. Did some additional testing, and figured out adding a small base to the posts makes them significantly stronger. Working on reprints today, then I should be done.

Still contemplating if I will sell the mod to others. I know it duplicated Mezel Mod's idea, but I really wanted something more the coloration and style of the one in the movie for my pin.

IMG_5095 (resized).JPGIMG_5095 (resized).JPG

#8546 3 years ago

Here's my "mod of the day" . . .

Orange illuminated sling star posts - because you can never have too much orange. Unfortunately, the camera is having a hard time capturing the orange light well.
IMG_5106.JPGIMG_5106.JPGIMG_5108.JPGIMG_5108.JPG

For those interested, here is how you do it:

Parts List:
2 x Orange star posts (from your vendor of choice - Titan, Pinball Life, Marcos, etc.)
2 x Comet sunlight white Matrix star post LEDs
2 x Comet 6" Matrix extensions
2 x Comet Matrix alligator clips
Optionally, you can add Comet Matrix brightness adjusters if you want to tone the brightness down a little.
IMG_5102 (resized).JPGIMG_5102 (resized).JPG

Turn off the pin (you can leave the balls in).

Remove the right sling plastic assembly by removing the screw securing the right wireframe (next to the helicopter pad), the nut securing the wireframe to the sling, and the small nut at the base of the sling plastic. Repeat same process for left sling by removing the left wireframe screw by the raptor pit, the nut securing the wireframe to the sling, and the nut at the base of the sling plastic. Now you should have both sling areas fully exposed. Go ahead and remove the rings at this point.
IMG_5104 (resized).JPGIMG_5104 (resized).JPG

Remove the long screws securing each of the clear star posts. Attach the 6" extensions to the post LEDs and feed the wire down through the adjacent hole on left and right sides. On one side, insert post screw through orange post and LED, position on playfield you you like it, then tighten the post screw. Repeat for other side, and reinstall the rings.
IMG_5103 (resized).JPGIMG_5103 (resized).JPG

Lift and extend playfield resting it where the rubber feet are on the lockbar rail. From the underside of the playfield, find each of the wires you fed from the top, attach a set of alligator clips to the wires. Pull down the shrink wrap on the lower sling LED socket leads then affix the alligator clips (not sure if polarity matters, but I put red on red wire and black on other). Do this for both sides.
IMG_5105 (resized).JPGIMG_5105 (resized).JPG

Before putting everything back together, close coin door if open, and turn the pin on to see if everything works. If not, check your wiring and make sure your alligator clips are making contact to the metal leads on the lamp sockets (make sure they are touching nothing else).

When tested, turn off pin, put playfield back in place, install glass, turn on pin and enjoy!

#8547 3 years ago

Just finished my final version of the raptor pit mod. Came out great, IMO.

2B47DC93-C9F7-421C-8707-470F5F0A39FB (resized).jpeg2B47DC93-C9F7-421C-8707-470F5F0A39FB (resized).jpeg53B5860D-6E85-45EF-875D-B673F12740DD (resized).jpeg53B5860D-6E85-45EF-875D-B673F12740DD (resized).jpegA1389F68-D0F8-407A-A368-513EBA56AB6C (resized).jpegA1389F68-D0F8-407A-A368-513EBA56AB6C (resized).jpeg
#8548 3 years ago

Did a little tree planting today and finally got around to adding a light MOD for the helicopter, thanks for the direction on that one @Mr_Tantrum!

PXL_20201212_225434449 (resized).jpgPXL_20201212_225434449 (resized).jpgPXL_20201212_225503227 (resized).jpgPXL_20201212_225503227 (resized).jpg

PXL_20201211_220159639 (resized).jpgPXL_20201211_220159639 (resized).jpg

Bronto.gifBronto.gifHelicopter.gifHelicopter.gif
#8549 3 years ago

I just ordered some orange pop bumper caps. Wondering what the suggestion is for the mosquitos under them?

#8550 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Did a little tree planting today and finally got around to adding a light MOD for the helicopter, thanks for the direction on that one Mr_Tantrum!
[quoted image]

Looks great! What did you use for the clear washers at the bottom of the trees?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/171?hl=rapidflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.