(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,271 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by ChrisBardon
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,271 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 426.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pretty much every single thing that you have said.

I figured that would be your answer, when you don't have an answer. Just because you don't like what I say doesn't make it false or unbelievable sorry.

#752 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I figured that would be your answer, when you don't have an answer. Just because you don't like what I say doesn't make it false or unbelievable sorry.

No one really knows what is going to happen until it happens.

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

No one really knows what is going to happen until it happens.

True but any one thinking stern will just ignore the problem and continue shipping playfields that will have issues is just stupid. Im sure stern and its distributors just love to get these phone calls day after day. So yes it will get resolved but I agree no one really knows what is going to happen with the pro owners that have had these issues. That is the question

#754 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

no one really knows what is going to happen with the pro owners that have had these issues. That is the question

Some pro owners are getting shipped out new populated playfields.

#755 4 years ago

My game is waiting for me in a friend’s garage. I know that one of three things will definitely happen:

1. The playfield will be fine, or
2. There will be minor issues and I’ll live with them, or
3. There will be serious issues, and Stern will take care of me.

TBH, I’m getting tired of coming to this Owner’s Thread and reading all the speculation and naysaying from people who don’t have the game in their homes yet, or maybe never will. Let’s hear more from the current owners! That’s what I’m here for.

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Some pro owners are getting shipped out new populated playfields.

Fully populated? Wow, that seems more than fair then. So that must mean they have it figured out already cuz I don't think they would send out replacement populated playfields with the same issues so that sounds like great news already!

#757 4 years ago

Got my pro today, zero issues out of the box, playfield looks perfect, they put metal washers under the sling posts.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#758 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my pro today, zero issues out of the box, playfield looks perfect, they put metal washers under the sling posts.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome news! May I ask the build date on your machine?

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That's awesome news! May I ask the build date on your machine?

Sure, August 20, just a few days ago. Got my game from cointaker, they do a great job.

Came with 0.86 code so I need to update it.

Plays great too.

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

There's a reason why the pro model is the cheap model and it comes out first.

What is it?

Seems like you are replacing "cheaper" with "cheap" and sliding in the implication that the Pros are low quality and should be expected to have a ton of issues. But I would rather hear it from you

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My game is waiting for me in a friend’s garage. I know that one of three things will definitely happen:
TBH, I’m getting tired of coming to this Owner’s Thread and reading all the speculation and naysaying from people who don’t have the game in their homes yet, or maybe never will. Let’s hear more from the current owners! That’s what I’m here for.

Amen brother!! I definitely want to hear from everyone as they receive their machines and see how it plays out, but I too am tired of the straight up speculation. I think it's awesome Stern is willing to ship out populated playfields if needed. I should have my game by the end of the week and I have no worries due to the 3 reasons you listed above. I can't wait to take possession of this machine!!

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sure, August 20, just a few days ago. Got my game from cointaker, they do a great job.
Came with 0.86 code so I need to update it.
Plays great too.

I ordered mine from cointaker as well, it shipped from their warehouse last Friday. I sure hope mine comes updated also

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

What is it?
Seems like you are swapping "cheap" with "cheaper" and sliding in the implication that the Pros are low quality and should be expected to have a ton of issues. But I would rather hear it from you

Stern is smart starting with the cheaper model. The model that gets routed and rode hard. Yeah stern has their own qc and testing but they can't catch everything so why not start with the pro and see what issues may or may not come about? Seems totally sensible to me

#764 4 years ago

I ordered mine from cointaker as well, it shipped from their warehouse last Friday. I sure hope mine comes updated also

Updating is the easiest thing ever. Sounds like you have your USB stick ready, so you can fire it up when you do the backbox bolts since you will be in there anyway

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Stern is smart starting with the cheaper model. The model that gets routed and rode hard. Yeah stern has their own qc and testing but they can't catch everything so why not start with the pro and see what issues may or may not come about? Seems totally sensible to me

That’s a great theory but my Iron Maiden Pro was made after the LEs/Premiums and guess what? The Playfield is chipping at less than 3 weeks old. It’s manufacturing date was June 2019.

#766 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

That’s a great theory but my Iron Maiden Pro was made after the LEs/Premiums and guess what? The Playfield is chipping at less than 3 weeks old. It’s manufacturing date was June 2019.

Not saying its going to catch everything all the time but pros first is definitely the smart way to go to catch the majority of the issues. There will always be scattered issues on every model but most the big stuff gets caught early and it might as well be on a pro! And who knows maybe your playfield was laying around for months and was actually manufactured way before the machine build date.

#767 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my pro today, zero issues out of the box, playfield looks perfect, they put metal washers under the sling posts.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t party yet. My friends Iron Maiden premium is a year old and it chipped at a regular post not slings. Do the other posts have any bunching/mound at them?

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks great! Nice to see they're getting a handle on this situation!

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Looks great! Nice to see they're getting a handle on this situation!

did I miss something? Seems like it's just the washer update which others have mentioned don't fix the issue. Or is there something else b/c I'm currently not buying right now until I see something change.

#770 4 years ago

Wait
Are saying chips are not tasty?

I like Pizza to?

Is that wrong?

#771 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

did I miss something? Seems like it's just the washer update which others have mentioned don't fix the issue. Or is there something else b/c I'm currently not buying right now until I see something change.

someone above mentioned stern was sending out fully populated playfields to some pro owners that have had issues. For them to go through that trouble that tells me they have a handle on the situation. No way they would go though that expense just to repeat the same issues. Probably nothing more than some pros got out with a bad batch of clear.

#772 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

someone above mentioned stern was sending out fully populated playfields to some pro owners that have had issues. For them to go through that trouble that tells me they have a handle on the situation. No way they would go though that expense just to repeat the same issues. Probably nothing more than some pros got out with a bad batch of clear.

OK - I hope so too but i guess time will tell. Thanks

#773 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

“Some Pros”? This has been going on for over a year now.

#774 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

“Some Pros”? This has been going on for over a year now.

JP has only been out a few weeks... Vinnie you have only been a member here for 2 weeks. Please don't be starting any trouble! Lol!

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

JP has only been out a few weeks... Vinnie you have only been a member here for 2 weeks. Please don't be starting any trouble! Lol!

Someone has been doing his social networking homework

#776 4 years ago

I want some of the Stern art blades to put in my pro. Not aftermarket ones. Has anyone seen them for sale yet?

Well, Stern doesn't even list them on their site yet so not sure what you're referring to?

#777 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Great! Let’s see more of this lol!!

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, Stern doesn't even list them on their site yet so not sure what you're referring to?

I thought the stern art blades on the LE were exclusive and won't be sold?

#779 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

From your pic, isn’t this the issue everyone is talking about? Maybe its just a reflection but it sure does look like the others

3F4B39AC-FA86-4BCD-969A-29288A85B58A (resized).jpeg3F4B39AC-FA86-4BCD-969A-29288A85B58A (resized).jpeg
#780 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

From your pic, isn’t this the issue everyone is talking about? Maybe its just a reflection but it sure does look like the others[quoted image]

Mother...

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought the stern art blades on the LE were exclusive and won't be sold?

They are

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from tacreno:

From your pic, isn’t this the issue everyone is talking about? Maybe its just a reflection but it sure does look like the others[quoted image]

Sure does

#783 4 years ago

Yeah I'm now getting that too on the small posts. The larger front-facing posts have washers and are fine.

I plan to add washers to the small ones to hide/squash that shit.

#784 4 years ago

Mode tips:
Restore Power- Base mode value = 3mil. Each spinner spin adds 100k to award value. Once spinner is spun all shots lit to collect value. You collect shots or keep shooting the spinner to build value. The final shot is worth 3x value. 1 mil per second bonus for time left over.

System boot- 3 shots lit. Each shot has a sister combo shot (i.e. left ramp to right half pipe, spinner to tower) The faster you shoot the combo the more it is worth. Complete all 3 combos to light control room for final shot which = all collected values in that mode plus time bonus 1 mil per second.

Chase- Dodge shots hit within 3 seconds of shifts score double

Encounter- Shoot left ramp to light 3 shots on right side. Difficulty of shot multiplies the award (Left ramp 2x, O shot 3x, right pipe 1x) Time bonus 1 mil per second.

Pteranodon- All switch hits build value and every 20 switch hits boosts the multiplier. Right ramp collects. Tip- first attack just keep shooting the spinner to build multiplier but don’t collect. Next attack that multiplier will carry over. Try to stack with a multiball for huge points. I collected a 275M award once (no PF multiplier)

Jurassic Perks.jpegJurassic Perks.jpeg
#785 4 years ago

Hope if you ever have to change a Factory installed Stern coindoor lock out you don't have to deal with this.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#786 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Hope if you ever have to change a Factory installed Stern coindoor lock out you don't have to deal with this.[quoted image]

What Stern game uses brass colored cam locks? The only ones i have seen are silver.

#787 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Hope if you ever have to change a Factory installed Stern coindoor lock out you don't have to deal with this.[quoted image]

Why is this being posted in the JP owners club??

#788 4 years ago

fwiw the JP that our local club got looked great the day it showed up. no rippling under the metal washers under the slings or anything out of the ordinary.

one week later (today) and there is some major rippling developing around the sling posts and the posts that guard the ramp entrances are starting to show it too.

glad this is an on-location machine because something wonky is going on with stern and jjp these days and they don't seem to be willing to address it directly and transparently.

with all of that said. its one hell of a game and super fun to shoot!

#789 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

with all of that said. its one hell of a game and super fun to shoot!

I'm still trying to find the shots, I brick a LOT!

#790 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

so what are you having a problem believing? Just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean its not true. Be specific what am I saying that seems so unbelievable?

Really living up to your user name. Everything you type is Poppycock.

(Sorry, but I couldn’t help it......)

4879FE6E-1CA3-4F31-B58A-A22C4A93847E (resized).jpeg4879FE6E-1CA3-4F31-B58A-A22C4A93847E (resized).jpeg
#791 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

What Stern game uses brass colored cam locks? The only ones i have seen are silver.

They are silver, just my antique phone.

Why is this being posted in the JP owners club??

Alerting owners to a potential problem that wish to change thier locks.

#792 4 years ago

I can't believe how bad this is becoming. Every time I read this thread, more and more - some posting pics that don't even see they have it, some originally saying it's fine but a week or so later it's not, etc. Look at the Wonka thread and it appears almost everyone over there has an issue too.

Wow wtf is going on with pinball right now? This is a serious problem yet no official response from stern besides it's not a big deal and even better - Jack from JJP saying he doesn't get service in Europe but will respond on 9/8. Is he kidding me?

Step it up JJP and Stern.

#793 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't believe how bad this is becoming. Every time I read this thread, more and more - some posting pics that don't even see they have it, some originally saying it's fine but a week or so later it's not, etc. Look at the Wonka thread and it appears almost everyone over there has an issue too.
Wow wtf is going on with pinball right now? This is a serious problem yet no official response from stern besides it's not a big deal and even better - Jack from JJP saying he doesn't get service in Europe but will respond on 9/8. Is he kidding me?
Step it up pinball manufacturers. I give much respect to Spooky right now who owned it and fixed it. Period.

Spooky did nothing for the tna owners that have the problem so let’s not give them a free pass on this one. The way they handled it I probably will never buy another machine from them.

#794 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Spooky did nothing for the tna owners that have the problem so let’s not give them a free pass on this one. The way they handled it I probably will never buy another machine from them.

Is that correct? They didn't replace PFs? If so I'll stand corrected and update bc that would be bs too.

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Is that correct? They didn't replace PFs? If so I'll stand corrected and update bc that would be bs too.

They sent me a set of nylon washers. To the best of my knowledge that’s what they did for everyone. Chucks email that Chris read on his podcast was bs to me and I question why Chris let him off so easy.

I don’t know anyone who got a replacement pf and no one posted that they got one.

#796 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

They sent me a set of nylon washers. To the best of my knowledge that’s what they did for everyone. Chucks email that Chris read on his podcast was bs to me and I question why Chris let him off so easy.

Valid point

#797 4 years ago

Picked up a latest run two days ago, metal washers under slingshots.

Really wasn’t super warm on the title upon first seeing it until I dug a little deeper and pretty much bought it because it’s Elwins game.

First impressions and notes. It’s defintely a shooters game. Not to say that noobies can’t have fun with it, but it feels geared toward expert players. You’ll know what I mean if you can consistently pull off right ramp, left loop and left ramp shots, it’s exhilarating and whips like crazy. There are some very precise narrow shots in this game.

Truck is cool, I like it, like to shoot it, feels good. Spinner shot feels great. Animations remind me of a video game or the JP video game “Operation Genesis” which I like.
Got to love the bonus, collecting rescue x150,000 each rescued.

The only shot that feels good and weird at the same time is the right loop back to the upper flipper. I haven’t really understood what this is for, and when I hit it on the fly (it’s fast) it sends the ball sailing airborn over the left loop plastic a lot. I thought maybe it was for the truck like a combo, but I dunno.

Now I saw something once in the two dozen or so games I’ve played, but haven’t seen it since, it was a brief like medal system like stern Star Trek, and this showed up after I did well on a mode. It had different dinos on it that you’re awarded? I’m not sure but it was very interesting and I hope that something like this is in the game.

But yeah, the game is really reallllly freakin good once you start figuring out where the shots are.
2964046A-7BC3-40FF-ADB1-73EFBCFA9013 (resized).jpeg2964046A-7BC3-40FF-ADB1-73EFBCFA9013 (resized).jpeg

#798 4 years ago

Hey gang, friendly note:

I’m pretty close to just locking this thread down for 24 hours so everyone can relax a bit and/or find another thread to continue this playfield/manufacturer debate.

This is a club thread. Club threads are not the place to hash out drama or have negative back and forth messages with one another. Everything doesn’t have to be rainbows and unicorn poop - nothing ever is - but there is a lot of drama and negativity going back and forth here and those people that just want to be happy and enjoy their game do not have a place to discuss being happy and enjoying their game right now because of all the drama. Club threads are meant to be a game specific safe haven from drama.

Consider continuing the debate on playfields and the issues related therein to the JP2 hype thread. I agree this is an issue that needs to be discussed, use the correct thread please.

Consider using this thread for the playfield debate: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-cornerstone-stern-game-will-be-summer-release

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They are silver, just my antique phone.

Uh huh lens patina
Every part of the coin door is sourced from suzo happ which supplies coin doors, locks, coin mechs and everything else on there to stern along with dozens of other coin op game manufacturers. As far as I know bronze is not an option available from them.

#800 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

New new new: Stern Jurassic Park "Shrödinger's edition".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 12,999.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,271 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/16?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.