(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 424.
#8401 3 years ago

Lior's new T-Rex looks beautiful, and extremely well done. I know the time and effort that is put into creating such a mod (not to mention this is his day job), so I understand the pricing. I'm now teetering on ordering one or not.

Update: I'm teetering no longer - I just put down my deposit.

#8402 3 years ago

Update 12/3 - 2:10 pm Central | All choppers are spoken for. If/when the time comes and someone passes, I'll let everyone know how many are available.

I was perusing the internet last night (I know, it can be dangerous), and came across a lot of the matchbox dino transport choppers. Since they are getting nearly impossible to find, I ended up buying 6 of them at a good price. Of course I don't need them, but thought I would snatch them for the group. I'd be happy to resell them for $18 each (including US shipping).

Even though I paid, I'm still a little skeptical if they will actually make it to me as the site where I bought them is rather obscure. Anyway, please PM me if you are interested in one and I'll put you on the list. The first 6 to respond will have one reserved for them. If/when they do arrive, I will then contact each person on the list for first right of refusal and payment.

FYI, the choppers (and the truck) are new and unopened in original packaging. BTW, I will only sell to those that meet the suggested age requirement on the packaging (see bottom left corner).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8403 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I have (I believe) the same one and I have led backlighting, one playfield spot and led trough lighting installed on it so far. No issues.

Rule of thumb is 1 meter of LED strips (typically 60 SMD LED chips) takes about 15 Watts of power. So if you add 5 meters of LED strips, then you are adding 75 watts to your power budget. Not horrible, but non-trivial either. I don't know how much power is left in a Stern supply after they are running everything. (And keep in mind that when coils fire, they draw significant power, so in steady state there may be left over power, but when a coil fires, there may be very little power left for lighting so you may see some flickering, again depending on how much you have added and which supply Stern is using in your machine)

#8404 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Update 12/3 - 11:55 am Central | 4 spots left
I was perusing the internet last night (I know, it can be dangerous), and came across a lot of the matchbox dino transport choppers. Since they are getting nearly impossible to find, I ended up buying 6 of them at a good price. Of course I don't need them, but thought I would snatch them for the group. I'd be happy to resell them for $18 each (including US shipping).
Even though I paid, I'm still a little skeptical if they will actually make it to me as the site where I bought them is rather obscure. Anyway, please PM me if you are interested in one and I'll put you on the list. The first 6 to respond will have one reserved for them. If/when they do arrive, I will then contact each person on the list for first right of refusal and payment.
FYI, the choppers (and the truck) are new and unopened in original packaging. BTW, I will only sell to those that meet the suggested age requirement on the packaging.
[quoted image]

When I was considering this mod, I was seeing this set for $10 shipped. Have they become hard to find or something? Haven't searched in a few months.

#8405 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

When I was considering this mod, I was seeing this set for $10 shipped. Have they become hard to find or something? Haven't searched in a few months.

Yes, they have become difficult to find, especially for a fair price now (I think all of us JP owners have been buying them up).

#8406 3 years ago

Think I found a JP a few states away just working on transport. Before I pull the trigger if anyone near MD/PA/VA pulling trigger on selling LMK. have cash or another great KE pin, IMDN

#8407 3 years ago

Got this sweet addition to my JP Pro from Mr_Tantrum.

High quality and adds that movie nostalgia to a fantastic pin.

4771C83C-9BC2-4A3F-95F3-9F0A590AA6C9 (resized).jpeg4771C83C-9BC2-4A3F-95F3-9F0A590AA6C9 (resized).jpegD6F10242-1000-4392-A9B3-6246BE9A6FF3 (resized).jpegD6F10242-1000-4392-A9B3-6246BE9A6FF3 (resized).jpeg
#8408 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Think I found a JP a few states away just working on transport. Before I pull the trigger if anyone near MD/PA/VA pulling trigger on selling LMK. have cash or another great KE pin, IMDN

Operation pinball has new Pros in stock, I highly recommend them! free fast shipping and of course no tax, that is who I got my premium from last month. They sent it with in 3 business days. But the premium right now is a tough to find used or NIB. Good luck!

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Update 12/3 - 2:10 pm Central | All choppers are spoken for. If/when the time comes and someone passes, I'll let everyone know how many are available.
FYI, the choppers (and the truck) are new and unopened in original packaging. BTW, I will only sell to those that meet the suggested age requirement on the packaging.
[quoted image]

LOL that was a great deal you were able to get these guys. I bought mine off New Egg a few weeks ago, only place I could find it at the time, and it was $25. Should have my light upgrade in the helicopter sometime next week thanks to you and the instructions! Thanks brother!

#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Operation pinball has new Pros in stock, I highly recommend them! free fast shipping and of course no tax, that is who I got my premium from last month. They sent it with in 3 business days. But the premium right now is a tough to find used or NIB. Good luck!

Have a deposit on next run of Prems.....early Feb....

#8411 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Have a deposit on next run of Prems.....early Feb....

Still waiting on mine as well

#8412 3 years ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Appreciate the tip. Looking for a HUO to save a little cash and maybe a few mods head start Thought my IMDN would be good trade bait but Ill wait for one for sale.

#8413 3 years ago

Got my amber start button installed along with replacing the black plug with an amber flush mount tournament button from @bent98

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1074-bent-mods/03066-spike-flush-mount-custom-tournament-button-

IMG_5043 (resized).JPGIMG_5043 (resized).JPG

#8414 3 years ago

I also went with a yellow frame for the badge.

IMG_5044 (resized).JPGIMG_5044 (resized).JPG
#8415 3 years ago

Question: Once you start a game, how can you reset without cycling power? I often have this need when testing various things. On my Williams, DE, and CGC pins, just by entering service mode and exiting you kill the current game and the pin is back to an attract mode state.

#8416 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Question: Once you start a game, how can you reset without cycling power? I often have this need when testing various things. On my Williams, DE, and CGC pins, just by entering service mode and exiting you kill the current game and the pin is back to an attract mode state.

With the start of a ball resting in the shooter lane there are 2 options:
1) Quick restart by pressing and holding in the start button for a couple seconds until you hear a callout and the game resets. This leaves the ball in the shooter lane for the start of a new game, or

2) Restart back into attract mode by pressing in the left flipper and hitting start. This kicks the ball out of the shooter lane to restart the game.

#8417 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

1) Quick restart by pressing and holding in the start button for a couple seconds until you hear a callout and the game resets. This leaves the ball in the shooter lane for the start of a new game, or
2) Restart back into attract mode by pressing in the left flipper and hitting start. This kicks the ball out of the shooter lane to restart the game.

I think the restart option needs to be enabled in adjustments - need to check.

Alternatively you can go into utilities in the service menu and the last option is "End Game", which will kicks the ball out of the shooter lane and return you to attract mode once you quit the service menu

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

And of note for option #1: All players in the game must be on at least ball 2!

#8419 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Rule of thumb is 1 meter of LED strips (typically 60 SMD LED chips) takes about 15 Watts of power. So if you add 5 meters of LED strips, then you are adding 75 watts to your power budget. Not horrible, but non-trivial either. I don't know how much power is left in a Stern supply after they are running everything. (And keep in mind that when coils fire, they draw significant power, so in steady state there may be left over power, but when a coil fires, there may be very little power left for lighting so you may see some flickering, again depending on how much you have added and which supply Stern is using in your machine)

Thanks, I have read somewhere it can only take up to 2amps in total so how do leds rating fit in there

#8420 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thanks, I have read somewhere it can only take up to 2amps in total so how do leds rating fit in there

Amps = Watts / Voltage

or

Watts = Amps * Voltage

So you can do the math if you also know the voltage of the line.

#8421 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Got my amber start button installed along with replacing the black plug with an amber flush mount tournament button from bent98
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1074-bent-mods/03066-spike-flush-mount-custom-tournament-button-
[quoted image]

Amber button is way better right?!

#8422 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

If I remember correctly, it’s about 120 watts=1 amp. So, at 15 watts per meter (3.28 feet in American) you could theoretically run 16 meters of leds on that circuit.
Edit: I just now saw Markharris2000’s post. I didn’t do the math, but I may be wrong here. Go with his formula

#8423 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

If I remember correctly, it’s about 120 watts=1 amp. So, at 15 watts per meter (3.28 feet in American) you could theoretically run 16 meters of leds on that circuit.
Edit: I just now saw Markharris2000’s post. I didn’t do the math, but I may be wrong here. Go with his formula

Here's a website I often use.

https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/Watt_to_Amp_Calculator.html

On most of the LED light strips that I have seen, each SMD is rated as .3 watts. So you take .3 and multiply that by the total number of SMDs to get the watt to enter. That rating is with them set on white at full brightness...so that would be their max power draw. Of course you are also supposed to leave some headroom on the amp calculations. I'm not sure what is recommended....I was thinking 10-20% extra on the amps was suggested when looking at the power source.

#8424 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Restart back into attract mode by pressing in the left flipper and hitting start. This kicks the ball out of the shooter lane to restart the game.

This is what I was looking for, and works as you describe (I had to hold start in for a couple of seconds) - thanks!

#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is what I was looking for, and works as you describe (I had to hold start in for a couple of seconds) - thanks!

I need to quit using that function......I tend to use when I have 2 crap 1st balls......lol

#8427 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I need to quit using that function......I tend to use when I have 2 crap 1st balls......lol

I had to disable the restarts in the menu. I was using it too much and I hardly ever used to, but JP2 is so damn hard lol.

#8428 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Sometimes I'm working on the pin, so I start a game to see my changes, go and make another change, etc. When done I didn't actually want to play a game and I don't want to start a new one right then, but I want to leave the pin on. Was just looking for a quicker way to get the pin back into attract mode instead of cycling power.

#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sometimes I'm working on the pin, so I start a game to see my changes, go and make another change, etc. When done I didn't actually want to play a game and I don't want to start a new one right then, but I want to leave the pin on. Was just looking for a quicker way to get the pin back into attract mode instead of cycling power.

The start button trick does notput it back in attract mode....restarts the game....

#8430 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

The start button trick does notput it back in attract mode....restarts the game....

While holding in left flipper then holding in start button cancels game and puts pin back into attract mode.

#8431 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While holding in left flipper then holding in start button cancels game and puts pin back into attract mode.

Thanks... Did not know that

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Thanks... Did not know that

You may have to enable it in the menu options.

#8433 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You may have to enable it in the menu options.

I just tried it w/o making any adjustments and it worked for me.

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Not exactly. 120Watt at 120volts = 1.0 Amps

You need to know the voltage and Watts to calculate AMPS, or you need to know Voltage and Amps to calculate watts.

#8435 3 years ago

It's not the voltage that kills ya, it's the amps!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8436 3 years ago

Hello, my apologies if this has been posted already. This is a LONG thread. Lol. My spinner is leaning too far back so the ball barely hits it. It needs to be leaning more upright, so when the ball hits it, it produces lots of spins. Any suggestions? Here’s a couple pics attached.

ADEF6150-B929-42FE-ACA9-4F0C06CF67F9 (resized).jpegADEF6150-B929-42FE-ACA9-4F0C06CF67F9 (resized).jpegC8A693A7-DFA9-4C89-BF77-FDA059A354F5 (resized).jpegC8A693A7-DFA9-4C89-BF77-FDA059A354F5 (resized).jpeg
#8437 3 years ago

I would just bend it back in place.

#8438 3 years ago

Being from Canada, we get the working tournament button instead of the plug. Why is that?

#8439 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would just bend it back in place.

How would you u do that? It’s weighted a certain way, so it’s gonna hang where it hangs. And it’s hanging back way too far. Thanks for any help.

#8440 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

How would you u do that? It’s weighted a certain way, so it’s gonna hang where it hangs. And it’s hanging back way too far. Thanks for any help.

It looks like the left side of the bracket is higher than the right. That causes the spinner to bind up and not spin freely. Push the bracket down gently on the left with you finger and see if it frees up the spinner. If so, bend it down a bit permanently. Also doesn't hurt to put a bit of lubricant on a Q-tip and lube the contact points once you have the bracket adjusted correctly

#8441 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It looks like the left side of the bracket is higher than the right. That causes the spinner to bind up and not spin freely. Push the bracket down gently on the left with you finger and see if it frees up the spinner. If so, bend it down a bit permanently. Also doesn't hurt to put a bit of lubricant on a Q-tip and lube the contact points once you have the bracket adjusted correctly

I checked and the spinner is not binding. It spins freely if I manually spin it. I pushed down on the left bracket and that didn’t help. I also lubed it with superlube. The spinner is still leaning back too far, so when the ball hits it, it barely spins one or two rotations. It needs to hang more upright but I’m not sure how to make it do that?

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

I checked and the spinner is not binding. It spins freely if I manually spin it. I pushed down on the left bracket and that didn’t help. I also lubed it with superlube. The spinner is still leaning back too far, so when the ball hits it, it barely spins one or two rotations. It needs to hang more upright but I’m not sure how to make it do that?

The spinner itself, or the bracket? Which is leaning back? If its the bracket, maybe its bent slightly from a solid ball hit? You may end up having to remove the spinner assembly and fart around with it.

#8443 3 years ago

The spinner itself, or the bracket? Which is leaning back? If its the bracket, maybe its bent slightly from a solid ball hit? You may end up having to remove the spinner assembly and fart around with it.

The spinner itself is leaning back and it’s weighted, so it hangs where it wants too and it’s leaning too far back. It should be leaning back just slightly. Mine is leaning back so far that the ball barely hits it as it goes under it.

#8444 3 years ago

It has to be bound up somehow. Push the bracket around in different directions with your finger until you figure out why the spinner is binding up. Its definitely not spinning freely, or it wouldn't be resting like it is in your pictures. Just looked at mine,and it rests perfectly vertical. Something is off.

#8445 3 years ago

I just received the raptor pit lenses from Mr_Tantrum and they look great! It’s a subtle but worth while addition for sure.
CFC6831E-FDB9-4741-A491-50D831A9D6F3 (resized).jpegCFC6831E-FDB9-4741-A491-50D831A9D6F3 (resized).jpeg

#8446 3 years ago

I haven't been following this thread, but why is my JP Pro code update not looking like the one on You Tube? Im not seeing any of the movie clips.

#8447 3 years ago

It’s very strange. It spins freely and is not binding. It just wants to rest at like a 25 degree angle and it should be like a 5 degree angle. I can’t figure out what’s up with it.

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

It’s very strange. It spins freely and is not binding. It just wants to rest at like a 25 degree angle and it should be like a 5 degree angle. I can’t figure out what’s up with it.

I wonder if you remove it and place it some kind of edge it would sit normal? Maybe stern can send you a spinner

#8449 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I haven't been following this thread, but why is my JP Pro code update not looking like the one on You Tube? Im not seeing any of the movie clips.

Try reading the thread

#8450 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Try reading the thread

Dang you!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
13,200 (OBO)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/169?hl=zeldarioid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.