Quoted from freegame450:
Here are your numbers Mr.T
Does anyone here actually possess a can of Barbasol shaving cream? I'm looking for the exact dimensions so that the can on my mod will be proportional to the real thing. If so, here is what I need (mm are best, but I can deal with fractional inches):
- Diameter of can at center (not the bottom ring) 2.27”
- Overall height from bottom to top of cap 6.45”
- Height of bottom cylinder only including the rings at top & bottom of cylinder 4.78”
- Height of vertical taper (the white part) - i.e. ruler is vertical and not slanted on the taper (from top of can to bottom of nozzle) .53”
- Diameter of taper at top 1.47”
- Diameter of blue nozzle/cap at bottom 1.37”
- Diameter of blue nozzle/cap at top 1.13”
- Height of blue nozzle/cap .61”[quoted image]
Just got home and am looking at this. I don't know if it is your angle or what, but your can looks like it's diameter to height ratio is significantly smaller than the traditional can, making your can look more slender and taller. When I run the calculations, your can's diameter is 35.2% of the height. When use a profile pic of a can I captured online, the can's diameter is 41.6% of the height (i.e. fatter and shorter).
Just found this too which differs from the can you have. Look at the white tapered part below the cap and see how different it is from your can. I really appreciate you taking the effort, but it looks like I'll need to run by the store and see if I can find a can that is more the "traditional" size.
This is killing me. Just went to store, but they only have the new can size. Then when looking at the pic I posted with the can height I realized they messed up (6.13" does not equal 12.56cm - it is 15.56cm)