(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 426.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It works, you're a genius (or I'm a moron, it's all relative)!

Nah stick with your first thought

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That one is an easy fix, lift up the rail (remove nut obviously) and prop it up with a rag or something. Flow some water thin super glue and then mask off with painters tape to match the black outline coming from the post, you can skip the super glue, but this will really bond the chipping clear, but be careful and cover any areas not to risk dripping (your screwed if that happens), paint with black model paint acrylic, let dry, brush on some clear to seal. Buff lightly and cover with mylar, insert fiber washer under rail. Will look good as new. Even if your not artistic, the painters tape will help you with the black line, and once you put the rail back down, you'll barely see it.
Another less timely, fix is to black sharpie the line on the bare wood, cover with clear, then mylar, insert washer
The other trouble areas are, under the rail near the raptor tower entry on the left, under the rail under the shooter lane gap before the 180 turn

I decided to go the even easier route, and just lifted the rail a bit, had my wife help me slip a piece of mylar under there, then cut a notch in nylon washer, and slipped it under the bolt to give it some space from touching the pf.

Also found that the rail on the right of the "spitter" entrance and the rail on the left side up the upper loop was starting to dig into the pf a bit. No damage yet, but definitely in time there would have been. The spitter guide has a bolt and a bunch of screws under the insets, so I just got it up enough to slip some mylar under there. I'll keep an eye on that one, and if it starts to dig into the mylar, I'll have to take it all apart and put a washer in there.

The upper loop was easy enough to raise up, and I got a washer in there.

On my Avengers, there is some pooling around the Ant-Man guide, so I'm going to try the Yelobird iron method to flatten out the clear, but in case some of the clear is chipped, can anyone recommend a clear coat repair pen, that allows you to just fix small spots like this?

#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I decided to go the even easier route, and just lifted the rail a bit, had my wife help me slip a piece of mylar under there, then cut a notch in nylon washer, and slipped it under the bolt to give it some space from touching the pf.
Also found that the rail on the right of the "spitter" entrance and the rail on the left side up the upper loop was starting to dig into the pf a bit. No damage yet, but definitely in time there would have been. The spitter guide has a bolt and a bunch of screws under the insets, so I just got it up enough to slip some mylar under there. I'll keep an eye on that one, and if it starts to dig into the mylar, I'll have to take it all apart and put a washer in there.
The upper loop was easy enough to raise up, and I got a washer in there.
On my Avengers, there is some pooling around the Ant-Man guide, so I'm going to try the Yelobird iron method to flatten out the clear, but in case some of the clear is chipped, can anyone recommend a clear coat repair pen, that allows you to just fix small spots like this?

I really don't understand why they can't get this guide rail issue down. Just run some countersunk post nuts or redesign the post to keep the rail off the playfield, this problem could disappear overnight and would account for about 75% of the damage issues.

#8254 3 years ago

Went to play today and the truck stopped registering hits. Made sure the connector to the truck wasn’t loose, not sure what else to do. I called Stern but they just have a message saying they are handling everything by email. I sent them an email to see what the next steps would be but was curious if anyone here has had that problem. Thanks.
Edit, I know that T. rex modes don’t work during control room modes and no I wasn’t in a control room. Even if the software thought I was the truck should still change direction on the map and it wouldn’t do that either.

This happened for one ball a few days ago but then the next ball it worked again.

#8255 3 years ago

Hi all,
I did the truck fix pinned for this thread to grease the shaft and it works really well flipping side to side now. However, I have now had the bottom part that screws onto the truck now slip twice. This causes the disk not to go between the sensors to detect truck direction. Has anyone run into this issue? Do I just need to tighten the screw beyond the normal tight / snug fit?

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from WedgeTheJedi:

Hi all,
I did the truck fix pinned for this thread to grease the shaft and it works really well flipping side to side now. However, I have now had the bottom part that screws onto the truck now slip twice. This causes the disk not to go between the sensors to detect truck direction. Has anyone run into this issue? Do I just need to tighten the screw beyond the normal tight / snug fit?

It needs to be tight, due to the vibrations from gameplay. Maybe try a small dab of blue locktite between the locking sleeve and shaft (just on the outside) - this would assist the screw in holding it tight.

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It needs to be tight, due to the vibrations from gameplay. Maybe try a small dab of blue locktite between the locking sleeve and shaft (just on the outside) - this would assist the screw in holding it tight.

Thanks I'll give that a try.

#8258 3 years ago

Added a £6 Matchbox chopper to my game. Super effective mod for such little money

20201123_115607 (resized).jpg20201123_115607 (resized).jpg20201123_115632 (resized).jpg20201123_115632 (resized).jpg
#8259 3 years ago

After what feels like 6 months (got my premium in March) of blood, sweat, and a lot of induced yelling at family members in the vicinity, I finally got to the visitor center (first time) via way of raptors and got to 1.26b (previous high score around $800M). Feels good, this game sure makes you work for it, and is unforgiving as can be for a mediocre player.

I hit the raptors about 5-6 times in the Visitor Center before draining, and then my 3rd ball went back to normal and in typical great game fashion, drained the millisecond the ball save went out (for a whopping $300k or so, probably would have scored more if I shot the ball and walked away). The final ball though after the visitor center, was back to normal with no MAP arrows. Does that mean I beat the game, or took my shot at the visitor center, didn't win it, and I'm basically done (except maybe T-Rex modes, which I should have started)? Never thought I'd have to worry about post-visitor center rules, lol.

ef31b6a59efa44aef380b503f3e794555ceb0b36 (resized).jpegef31b6a59efa44aef380b503f3e794555ceb0b36 (resized).jpeg
#8260 3 years ago

#8261 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Went to play today and the truck stopped registering hits. Made sure the connector to the truck wasn’t loose, not sure what else to do. I called Stern but they just have a message saying they are handling everything by email. I sent them an email to see what the next steps would be but was curious if anyone here has had that problem. Thanks.
Edit, I know that T. rex modes don’t work during control room modes and no I wasn’t in a control room. Even if the software thought I was the truck should still change direction on the map and it wouldn’t do that either.
This happened for one ball a few days ago but then the next ball it worked again.

So now it’s intermittent. I played again later and it worked for the first ball then stopped working then it registered a few hits when the ball wasn’t even near it and then it stopped registering again altogether

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The final ball though after the visitor center, was back to normal with no MAP arrows. Does that mean I beat the game, or took my shot at the visitor center, didn't win it, and I'm basically done (except maybe T-Rex modes, which I should have started)? Never thought I'd have to worry about post-visitor center rules, lol.
[quoted image]

Nice! Still plenty of work to do though Visitor's Center is the mini wizard mode for getting through the paddocks. In addition to reaching Visitor's Center, the other two objectives in the game are:
1) Play all 3 control room modes and Secure Control Room mini wizard mode
2) Play all 4 T-Rex Modes and Museum Mayhem mini wizard mode

When those are both done in addition to reaching Visitor's Center then you get to the Escape Nublar wizard mode. And if you make it through that then you get the When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth mode. Then the game is over.

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nice! Still plenty of work to do though Visitor's Center is the mini wizard mode for getting through the paddocks. In addition to reaching Visitor's Center, the other two objectives in the game are:
1) Play all 3 control room modes and Secure Control Room mini wizard mode
2) Play all 4 T-Rex Modes and Museum Mayhem mini wizard mode
When those are both done in addition to reaching Visitor's Center then you get to the Escape Nublar wizard mode. And if you make it through that then you get the When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth mode. Then the game is over.

You only get When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, if you successfully complete Vistor's Center, Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem and Escape Nublar (ie not just have reached them). It's the Secret super-wizard “epilogue” mode

#8264 3 years ago

Good afternoon, Hoping you guys can help. My machine has been working perfectly since I got it. Unfortunately yesterday the T Rex decided to stop releasing the balls after he captures them. So for example when I start the first Multi Ball he simply never releases the ball and then T rex multi ball starts and once I lose the new ball the machine will attempt to "locate" the balls which will open its mouth and the ball will drop. I also noticed that in other situations the head will come down and have its mouth open when its not supposed to... after it catches the ball in that situation it immediately releases it.

Any help would be appreciated.Thank you

#8265 3 years ago

I've had a couple of more people ask me about making the 3D printed orange lenses to add to the top of the raptor pit lights. I did this with a special semi-translucent orange filament that I had a very limited sample of, so I cannot make any more at this time.

However, I've since had a couple of people ask for them, so here is my proposal: If at least 5 people will commit at $5 each in order to cover my cost, then I would be happy to order a spool of the semi-translucent orange filament and begin offering these to anyone who wishes to purchase. If at least 5 people are interested in this initial offering, moving forward I'm going to be selling them for $7 per set of 3 instead of $5.

The lenses will be printed using PETG, have 100% infill for best light diffusion, and will come with adhesive on the bottom ready to stick to the raptor pit plastic. The price also includes US postage (for international add $2).

Please post in this thread or PM me, and if/when I reach 5 commitments I will let everyone know.

1.gif1.gif
#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've had a couple of more people ask me about making the 3D printed orange lenses to add to the top of the raptor pit lights. I did this with a special semi-translucent orange filament that I had a very limited sample of, so I cannot make any more at this time.
However, I've since had a couple of people ask for them, so here is my proposal: If at least 5 people will commit at $5 each in order to cover my cost, then I would be happy to order a spool of the semi-translucent orange filament and begin offering these to anyone who wishes to purchase. If at least 5 people are interested in this initial offering, moving forward I'm going to be selling them for $7 per set of 3 instead of $5.
The lenses will be printed using PETG, have 100% infill for best light diffusion, and will come with adhesive on the bottom ready to stick to the raptor pit plastic. The price also includes US postage (for international add $2).
Please post in this thread or PM me, and if/when I reach 5 commitments I will let everyone know.
[quoted image]

I'm in for a set. Thanks

#8268 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

I'm in!

#8269 3 years ago

That makes 5 - a lot quicker than I expected, thanks everyone. I'll be sending PMs to each of you for payment info. Also, I'll keep the $5 offer open until the end of today if anyone else wants to get in on it.

#8270 3 years ago

I'm in for a set.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That makes 5 - a lot quicker than I expected, thanks everyone. I'll be sending PMs to each of you for payment info. Also, I'll keep the $5 offer open until the end of today if anyone else wants to get in on it.

#8271 3 years ago

I have the raptor pit mod, which has the 3d molded light domes built in, but I'd be into a set of the ones for the stock signs.

#8272 3 years ago

i just installed the shooter knob and raptor kit over the weekend. Shooter knob may be the best one Ive ever seen and the raptor pit really adds a nice touch. Along with shaker and invisiglass I think im done! Really loving the game despite not being able to get past 275m so far. Ive had avengers premium since launch and this for a few weeks now. I think JP is the better Elwin game. It just shoots so damn well and has a ton to do. Really love this game.

#8273 3 years ago

I’m in for a set

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

#8274 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Man that was the quick and dead!!! Yeah Mr_Tantrum has extend his limited Black Friday (um .. Tuesday) deal

I'm in for a set thanks mate

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have the raptor pit mod, which has the 3d molded light domes built in, but I'd be into a set of the ones for the stock signs.

For the stock signs, I recommend these (what I am using): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0891X97MM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

#8276 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For the stock signs, I recommend these (what I am using): amazon.com link »

Thanks!

#8277 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i just installed the shooter knob and raptor kit over the weekend. Shooter knob may be the best one Ive ever seen and the raptor pit really adds a nice touch. Along with shaker and invisiglass I think im done! Really loving the game despite not being able to get past 275m so far. Ive had avengers premium since launch and this for a few weeks now. I think JP is the better Elwin game. It just shoots so damn well and has a ton to do. Really love this game.

Do you have the amber shooter rod? If so who sells them?

#8278 3 years ago

3D Printer aficionados! Just learned that my area library has an excellent 3D printer where they charge .10 cents per gram produced. Thinking about trying a few DIY mods. Does anyone have any files for mods that they care to share? Particularly interested in custom signs, dinos, or logos that will fit a Pro machine.

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Do you have the amber shooter rod? If so who sells them?

Classic Game Rooms had some very recently. I would try them.

#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

3D Printer aficionados! Just learned that my area library has an excellent 3D printer where they charge .10 cents per gram produced. Thinking about trying a few DIY mods. Does anyone have any files for mods that they care to share? Particularly interested in custom signs, dinos, or logos that will fit a Pro machine.

Start by looking on Thingiverse. Also, did you mean 10 cents per gram (.10 is 10 grams for a cent). Anyway, plan on spending a lot of time in the library depending on what you are printing. If you get the bug, it won’t be long until you buy your own.

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Is it still today? If so, yes please

#8282 3 years ago

Does the Stern topper work on a Premium? Does it come with a control board or is the Premium already compatible, says it adds a game mode? Pretty lame looking for $600.

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Does the Stern topper work on a Premium? Does it come with a control board or is the Premium already compatible, says it adds a game mode? Pretty lame looking for $600.

Works for all JP models and it includes a node board

#8284 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Added a £6 Matchbox chopper to my game. Super effective mod for such little money
[quoted image][quoted image]

May I ask how you attached the base of the chopper to the post? Looks cool! Thanks

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

May I ask how you attached the base of the chopper to the post? Looks cool! Thanks

Sure dude. So I removed the cheap looking blades plastic from the game leaving the exposed hexagonal post. Then drilled a 6.5mm hole in the bottom of the helicopter, filed it down a little to fit and stuck it on the post. Easiest mod ever and it's solid and looks stock.

#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Sure dude. So I removed the cheap looking blades plastic from the game leaving the exposed hexagonal post. Then drilled a 6.5mm hole in the bottom of the helicopter, filed it down a little to fit and stuck it on the post. Easiest mod ever and it's solid and looks stock.

Easiest mod ever...on a pro. With the spinning blades on a premium/LE...not so much.

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thx. Dont see them on their site. Ill contact them.

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Easiest mod ever...on a pro. With the spinning blades on a premium/LE...not so much.

I told ya... Just drill out the prop and grind down the base!

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No this is true. But you guys got a T-rex eating your balls and Raptors in the kitchen cab art so I reckon you'll be okay!

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I told ya... Just drill out the prop and grind down the base!

where can you buy the copter?

#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

No this is true. But you guys got a T-rex eating your balls and Raptors in the kitchen

So you've met my wife and kids?

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Yes, it woks on Premium, and no additional board required.

#8295 3 years ago

Yes...I've bookmarked both. You're a god among men. But after you lit it up, I had to go and order parts. You're costing me money, Tantrum!

#8296 3 years ago

For those of you who ordered the orange raptor pit lenses, look what just showed up at my door.

I need to get this filament dialed in since I haven't used it before, then production will start (might be after Thanksgiving sometime).

IMG_4964 (resized).JPGIMG_4964 (resized).JPG
#8297 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is the way. Classic game rooms had them.

#8298 3 years ago

anyone leaving the club in MD/PA/VA are let me know

Would also love to understand rules better Watched the long 2 hour video with Keith Elwin and still not quite sure what to do...

#8299 3 years ago

After finally reaching the visitor center, been toying around with the the other aspects of the game:

T-REX modes - started 3 of them, multiball, chase, and rampage. Then the Jeep flips didn’t do anything to advance this any more. What needs to happen between the 3rd T-REX mode and Museum Madness?

Thanks!

#8300 3 years ago

As some of you may know, I created a couple of Barbasol can mods for the DE Jurassic Park. Around the same time, a couple of versions were being developed for the new Stern JP. One was interactive with exposed vials by flashinstinct and another was a flasher cover by Mezel (I developed and sold both styles for DE JP). Unfortunately, I know that @flashistinct had a limited run and is no longer producing his version. As a new owner of the Stern Jurassic Park, I wanted to work this element into the game somehow. As a courtesy to flashinstinct , before I started down this path I first communicated with him to see if he was okay with me designing a mod that was similar to his, and he gave me the thumbs up.

While I've been thinking about the mod for a couple of weeks now, I finally started modelling today. I wanted to do something smaller in scale so that it wasn't visually overpowering, yet still representative of the Barbasol can in the movie, and proportional to the real can. My idea ended up being to replace the Control Room dome flasher with the Barbasol can while maintaining the OEM flasher to illuminate its exposed vials.

I just finished 3D printing prototype alpha (i.e. my very first trial print of my first design), so I wanted to share it with everyone. This version is not the final, but just a proof of concept.

Based upon this trial, here are the updates I'm going to make to the model:
- Increase size so that diameter is the same as the hole in the plastic
- Add some additional height at the based so that the threads are visible and not completely hidden under the plastic
- This will make the overall model 1cm taller than what is pictured
- Add tab to base so that it will be mounted to the same screw as the current dome is
- Print the vials in a semi-translucent chartreuse color (filament is on order) so that they actually have the appearance of illuminating and will be close to the color of the liquid in the movie
- Can abnormalities will be fixed
- Barbasol label will be applied
- I may (or may not) experiment with doing something with the inside of the base to make it less illuminated - man that flasher is bright

I'll be making myself one of these mods regardless, but before moving forward too much I wanted to gauge interest from the JP ownership group. I know some of you already have the flashinstinct original and some have purchased the Mezel version too, so this mod wouldn't be for you. However, with the recent new wave of JP owners I thought their might be a market for a Barbasol can with exposed vials. My estimated selling price will be around $45 including US shipping (international shipping will be on a per quote basis). My target date to have the mod finalized and ready to show/sell is within the next couple of weeks. I'm not taking pre-orders or requiring any payments at this time, but please let me know if you might be interested. When the time comes, I will offer these "on demand", so there will be no limits set on the quantities I will be selling.

IMG_4968.JPGIMG_4968.JPGIMG_4970.JPGIMG_4970.JPGcan.gifcan.gif

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/166?hl=trogdor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.