(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 424.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

people talking jive

Bunch of jive turkeys

#702 4 years ago

As someone that has sold a game or two, the difference is negliable. I think the pro might have a little edge just b/c they are cheaper. Most importantly - how is the game being received by the community? If it's terrible like Munsters (which I knew was terrible day 1), good luck selling the prem or especially LE. The more expensive the game, the more important that answer is b/c people are not willing to chance it.

#703 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed the machine audits are all zeros? At least all the ones I checked. The total plays shows 0, but the “lifetime” counter does count properly.

I’m guessing this is just WIP stuff.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a good question and my ASSumption is it's true. I keep hearing people say they/people are losing a grand on a game resale; which is more than I have ever "lost" on a pro.

Yeah, for me it seems to be a grand on a Pre and about 800 on the Pro if you want to move it fast and it has low plays (300) so the difference is quite small and relative to the price increase. Usually when I'm done with a game it becomes "I just want it gone" rather than I'll hold out for top dollar so sometimes I take even more of a hit but so what. A c note a month for a year to get a NIB box pin, play it at home and the thrill of it all. Less than a movie a week. Oh yeah JP2 is amazing, the new code while still young has really made the game alot better. Also I have noticed a little pooling around the washer of one of the slings and a small chip at the 3rd flipper post. I tighten the shit out of it yesterday so maybe that did it, who knows. I wouldn't have noticed either defects if not for all the complaints and thusly a detailed examination, for me personally I don't care but I know alot of u are holding off buying because of it so letting u know.

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Usually when I'm done with a game it becomes "I just want it gone" rather than I'll hold out for top dollar so sometimes I take even more of a hit but so what. A c note a month for a year to get a NIB box pin, play it at home and the thrill of it all. Less than a movie a week.

Ditto! I see this a lot. Holding out will get you more, but you may have to wait quite a while! Not worth it for many.

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Its probably all just over blown anyway since it took this long for people to complain.

This is not being overblown believe me. Its a very serious problem that has affected many games. If anything its probably far worse of a problem than what we know.

#707 4 years ago

I have ordered JR2 premium and if i want to cancel i must do it very soon. This thing with the playfields doesnt fell good. My Star Wars premium made may 2018 is perfect.

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is not being overblown believe me. Its a very serious problem that has affected many games. If anything its probably far worse of a problem than what we know.

overblown

#709 4 years ago

Any1 ever had a populated playfield sent to them?
My distributor said stern is sending me a box to send my playfield and then once they receive it, they will send me a new one...

Do i just unplug all the harnesses?
How long does it take to receive the new usually?
Thx guys

#710 4 years ago

Just noticed pooling on the JP2 that our club has had for less than a week. Not the best thing to see on a new machine. I think the distributor is going to be placing a call with Stern.

On the upside... what a fun game! Some seriously interesting shots and rules. KME just keeps the wins coming.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

On the upside... what a fun game! Some seriously interesting shots and rules. KME just keeps the wins coming.

Been really fun playing. Strangely the right halfpipe is the hardest shot for me.

#712 4 years ago

Here is my best so far...what are people using for scoring strategies? The game seems really well balanced to me in both scoring and what it makes you shoot all over the playfield. Although I think I've only started raptor tri-ball maybe like 2-3 times.

JP score (resized).jpgJP score (resized).jpg
#713 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Here is my best so far...what are people using for scoring strategies?

Ha funny I just got a mid 900K last night myself.
I really don't have a good grasp on any strategies yet I'm still figuring it out, probably around only 20 games played. Trying to start some dino action and then roll the MBs in with it. Dealing with Choas letters and starting CR modes when I can but to be honest it juts seems liek there's a lot of shit going on at the same time.

Always love/hate Keith's 'flipper blocking shots' during MBs the bastard. I was still falling for it on IMDN and same here

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Here is my best so far...what are people using for scoring strategies? The game seems really well balanced to me in both scoring and what it makes you shoot all over the playfield. Although I think I've only started raptor tri-ball maybe like 2-3 times.[quoted image]

I think my best is around ~600,000,000. Not really focusing on a specific strategy yet but mostly just trying to keep advancing through the paddocks and rescue as many workers as possible before capturing the dinosaurs. Trying to bring control room/t-rex and/or a paddock into CHAOS multiball as that seems to be the best for pure scoring early in the game. Seems like the scores really start to increase when you get to the 2nd phase of CHAOS.

Also noticed that the T-Rex mode where you have to hit a shot and then the vehicle really starts to get good value if you can combo shots back to back in quick succession.

I have yet to see a Raptor Tri-ball in the ~50 games I've played. But I also haven't really been trying to focus on getting it. Can that be brought into a mode like CHAOS?

#715 4 years ago

Yep the T-Rex truck mode I know I've scored over 100 million in. A lot of the other things seem to come from a stacked Chaos with 2x scoring. I'm definitely trying to capture at least 2 dinosaurs before I start a Chaos since those dino awards stick around the rest of the game.

#716 4 years ago

Damn almost a billion already. I think my best score was like 290 mil.

I too have only started raptor multi ball a couple of times.

Game is seriously fun already and I can’t wait to see what future code updates bring. Really hoping for something cool with the action button.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I think my best is around ~600,000k

So.....600M?

Just killing time waiting on my premium!

#718 4 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

So.....600M?
Just killing time waiting on my premium!

haha. in a roundabout way I guess I got to the number I was looking for.

~600,000,000

#719 4 years ago

Dumb question here. On Sterns website, there are 2 files for the .87 code update. 1 says game code, tje other is read me. Do I download both onto my USB stick? Or 1 or the other?

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Dumb question here. On Sterns website, there are 2 files for the .87 code update. 1 says game code, tje other is read me. Do I download both onto my USB stick? Or 1 or the other?

You don't need the "read me", it just tells you the changes that were made.

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You don't need the "read me", it just tells you the changes that were made.

Thank you sir!!

#722 4 years ago

My top score is 791. I go for 2x chaos multiball and trex truck chase all day.

I’d like to invite you all to come join the Reaper Army at DeathSaveArcade on twitch for 1080p 60fps high quality streams! We will have Jurassic Pro all week. TBL this weekend and Deadpool/WonkaLE the week after!

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

My top score is 791. I go for 2x chaos multiball and trex truck chase all day.
I’d like to invite you all to come join the Reaper Army at DeathSaveArcade on twitch for 1080p 60fps high quality streams! We will have Jurassic Pro all week. TBL this weekend and Deadpool/WonkaLE the week after!

Busy schedule you guys keep! I’m gonna drop in and check out your JP2 strategy and see some Lebowski.

#724 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Busy schedule you guys keep! I’m gonna drop in and check out your JP2 strategy and see some Lebowski.

4/5 days a week. It’s tough but I love pinball and I love chatting with you all even more. Look forward to hanging out with you soon! There are also previous streams up of
JP pro from yesterday and also unboxing of TBL and a teaser gameplay stream of TBL where I get to the mini wizard

#725 4 years ago

I want some of the Stern art blades to put in my pro. Not aftermarket ones. Has anyone seen them for sale yet?

#726 4 years ago

Chaos. Bumpers add a ball and playfield x2.
Points strategy.
No dino involved on that or you can stack dino s with MB.
Good flippin to all

20190824_170330 (resized).jpg20190824_170330 (resized).jpg
#728 4 years ago
Quoted from Bul:

Chaos. Bumpers add a ball and playfield x2.
Points strategy.
No dino involved on that or you can stack dino s with MB.
Good flippin to all[quoted image]

How do you qualify the target for escape and for lite 2x pf?

#729 4 years ago

Yes, do tell

#730 4 years ago

I was going to buy a JP pro this week, but holding off after hearing about all this. My dist also mentioned they have been getting calls about playfield flaking right out of the box. I was also going to buy a new Deadpool pro that would be coming from the Stern Factory, do you think there is a chance of a newer production dead.. pooling?

#731 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

do you think there is a chance of a newer production dead.. pooling?

Yes.

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I was going to buy a JP pro this week, but holding off after hearing about all this. My dist also mentioned they have been getting calls about playfield flaking right out of the box. I was also going to buy a new Deadpool pro that would be coming from the Stern Factory, do you think there is a chance of a newer production dead.. pooling?

Just don't buy a pro and you'll be fine. Spend the extra cash for le or premium.

#733 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Just don't buy a pro and you'll be fine. Spend the extra cash for le or premium.

I am not so sure it works that way. The LE playfields were most likey made quite awhile ago. They sign them and put clear over the signatures. They should be on the line beginning of September if they aren't already.

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I am not so sure it works that way. The LE playfields were most like made quite awhile ago. They sign them and put clear over the signatures. They should be on the line beginning of September if they aren't already.

But they've known about this problem for a while so even if true and some are already assembled they won't send them out.

#735 4 years ago

Stern holds their cards pretty close to their chest. They could be scrambling to remake all the LE playfields as we speak. Or maybe it was fixed before those were in the pipeline. Or neither!

#736 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern holds their cards pretty close to their chest. They could be scrambling to remake all the LE playfields for all we know. Or maybe it was fixed before those were in the pipeline. Or not!

You have to figure the Pro playfields were made in one batch before the LE's and Premiums so if it happens to be a bad mixture of clear you would think the LE and Premium playfields would be a different mixture and hopefully a better mixture... or not.

Regardless Stern has to get this figured out and fixed before moving on to the higher end models or it could be the end...

#737 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

But they've known about this problem for a while so even if true and some are already assembled they won't send them out.

I guess they sign the apron now. I am hoping for the best, will find out soon enough. Distributer told me LE's should start shipping in the next couple of weeks. Hoping I don't regret it...

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.49.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.49.12 PM (resized).png
#738 4 years ago

Multiple machines over a long period of time are having issues. I appreciate you guys just assuming Stern will clean everything up by then but we'll see.

#739 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I guess they sign the apron now. I am hoping for the best, will find out soon enough. Distributer told me LE's should start shipping in the next couple of weeks. Hoping I don't regret it...[quoted image]

You won't, be thankful you bought an le and not the guinea pig pro.

#740 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You won't, be thankful you bought an le and not the guinea pig pro.

It's going to be hard to type "We warned you" with one hand when your LE is fucked, but I'll get thru it.

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's going to be hard to type "We warned you" with one hand when your LE is fucked, but I'll get thru it.

sorry, I'm not getting an le but you seem like your cheering for that to happen since you got the guinea pig pro and paid the price. You would probably like le and premium owners to join in your pain? There's a reason why the pro model is the cheap model and it comes out first.

#742 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You would probably like le and premium owners to join in your pain?

Just you.

#743 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

sorry, I'm not getting an le but you seem like your cheering for that to happen since you got the guinea pig pro and paid the price. You would probably like le and premium owners to join in your pain? There's a reason why the pro model is the cheap model and it comes out first.

Serious question, do you honestly believe what you are saying? I can't tell if you are serious or not because it seems impossible for anyone to actually believe the things that you are saying.

#744 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any1 ever had a populated playfield sent to them?
My distributor said stern is sending me a box to send my playfield and then once they receive it, they will send me a new one...
Do i just unplug all the harnesses?
How long does it take to receive the new usually?
Thx guys

It's a easy swap. Just package up your playfield and send it. Took about 2 weeks from day I sent old playfield until I got the new playfield replacement. Also on harnesses just take pictures of all the harnesses you unhook. Hardest thing on the swap was getting the foam pieces they send to fit the playfield right to fit in the box they send.

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

you got the guinea pig pro and paid the price. You would probably like le and premium owners to join in your pain? There's a reason why the pro model is the cheap model and it comes out first.

Wrong, broken record, and just in bad form overall to fellow owners in an OWNERS thread.
Give it a rest.

#747 4 years ago

Those are very close to the stern ones in the LE, but different. I have spoken with retro via email. I wouldn't mind those, but their turn around time is weeks since they're in the U.K.

#748 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Serious question, do you honestly believe what you are saying? I can't tell if you are serious or not because it seems impossible for anyone to actually believe the things that you are saying.

so what are you having a problem believing? Just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean its not true. Be specific what am I saying that seems so unbelievable?

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

their turn around time is weeks since they're in the U.K.

They also have some hefty duty fees. Not thier fault of course. Just worth noting.

#750 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

so what are you having a problem believing? Just because you don't like what you hear doesn't mean its not true. Be specific what am I saying that seems so unbelievable?

Pretty much every single thing that you have said.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/15?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.