(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,349 posts
  • 992 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by PinPickle
  • Topic is favorited by 522 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20211127_202641 (resized).jpg
20211127_202617 (resized).jpg
20211127_202628 (resized).jpg
IMG_5670 (resized).JPG
6356FCDD-2568-42C2-B738-8F4EFC033B08 (resized).jpeg
8FAFAFD8-7779-4158-8336-581BB589E4CC (resized).jpeg
BA2D7733-D82D-4175-9D1F-3C6357CF8A26 (resized).jpeg
1A8415D7-1704-496A-AE39-047A3F490B76 (resized).jpeg
A7EA1EA1-35C5-4E93-9E25-E7507518A76F (resized).jpeg
6A266C50-5305-414D-839A-5B9BA1E171C9.gif
jpsetup (resized).jpg
jpbox (resized).jpg
JP_pops_1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 247.
#7901 1 year ago

Just received My JP Topper but haven't installed it.

Was this a stupid purchase? Was an impulse purchase.

Just read some of the posts and now thinking don't install it and sell it???

Anyone installed one and are You happy?

#7902 1 year ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Ignore me, I'm an idiot. Thank you all.

I see you're a fairly new account with 1 pin. Asking questions is how we learn. That and screwing around with things. No worries about how simple or complex your question may be. Someone here will have an answer for you.

#7903 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I’d check the LE/Prem thread. I saw one in person and it looks nice. The owner loved it, and as a result I have one on order with my pin which should arrive any day. Don’t worry about what others think. If you like it, keep it. You can always sell it down the line, but I doubt you will want to.

#7904 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’d check the LE/Prem thread. I saw one in person and it looks nice. The owner loved it, and as a result I have one on order with my pin which should arrive any day. Don’t worry about what others think. If you like it, keep it. You can always sell it down the line, but I doubt you will want to.

Thanks... BBQ steaks and install it!

Hope Your game arrives soon!!!

#7905 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I got my topper last month and love it. The kids love the Goat Mania mode but daddy always has to get the family up to that point

#7906 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

EB on 8 DNA combos

Can't you just do it manually in the adjustments?

#7907 1 year ago

I like it!

Has some very nice lighting effects after game also.

JP (resized).jpg
#7908 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have it. I like it.

#7909 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Can't you just do it manually in the adjustments?

yes i can, also the new DJ mixer- and adjustments are there.
I just wondered if my game has some kind of bug. But as you said, its just one adjustment so ill just do it manually and live with it.

#7910 1 year ago

All this topper talk! Some one crack it open already (been waiting months, hahaha). I need to know what LED control boards are in there for my retro fit.

#7911 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

All this topper talk! Some one crack it open already (been waiting months, hahaha). I need to know what LED control boards are in there for my retro fit.

There is definitely some boards in the topper. When I fired mine up there was a lot of node updating going on.

When I look at topper it does make the game complete. Art integration and lighting was done well.

Haven't had a chance to play it to see how spelling Jurassic works out.

Think this may be the last of reasonable(LOL) priced toppers.

Elvira and TMNT $1000???

#7912 1 year ago

Forgot to mention got it from Cointaker.

Melissa is awesome!!! Actually responds to e-mails and fast shipping!!!

#7913 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

It’s just a regular Stern node board. Same as what’s under the playfield. Instead of controlling insert lights it controls the letters and a few extra lights/flashers on the topper. There’s no big secret. All interactive toppers have the same node address.

#7914 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s just a regular Stern node board. Same as what’s under the playfield. Instead of controlling insert lights it controls the letters and a few extra lights/flashers on the topper. There’s no big secret. All interactive toppers have the same node address.

Please prove that

There are several different nodeboards used for topper components, E.G. BKSOR it does use a full node board but GB does not utilize a full nodeboard. There are many different types of LED control boards as well. I just need confirmation of what components are in there

#7915 1 year ago

I’m preparing mentally to change my batteries on my spike II machines. Where is the battery located? Please and thank you

#7916 1 year ago

Phase 1 is complete - the game is in the house! First impressions are that this games is even more beautiful in person.

Next it's going upstairs and setup will begin tonight.

IMG_4634 (resized).JPGIMG_4635 (resized).JPGIMG_4636 (resized).JPGIMG_4640 (resized).JPG

#7917 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Phase 1 is complete - the game is in the house! First impressions are that this games is even more beautiful in person.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah! Happy for you that it finally arrived! Welcome to the park

#7918 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hell yeah! Happy for you that it finally arrived! Welcome to the park

I'm excited for all sorts of reasons. Silly, but one of the big ones is that this is my first game that actually has a manual plunger and a spinner in it.

#7919 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm excited for all sorts of reasons. Silly, but one of the big ones is that this is my first game that actually has a manual plunger and a spinner in it.

Funny how the small things can be what we get excited about!

The sound of ripping the spinner when you've activated super spinner is so cool - you'll love it.

Enjoy!!!!

#7920 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Score! Congrats! I just got mine setup too and so far impressed with the play field compared to my AC/DC and IMDN.

Don’t know why there has to be 2 owners threads, I guess this club should be for the cool kids that want to have fun. And the prem/LE one for prem/LE issues?

#7921 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Don’t know why there has to be 2 owners threads, I guess this club should be for the cool kids that want to have fun. And the prem/LE one for prem/LE issues?

Yep that's a good way to look at it. Sometimes things get posted on both but I guess we've all learnt to follow both threads

#7922 1 year ago

I only know of this thread...???

#7924 1 year ago

Just noticed this latest batch of Premiums shipped with green spring. I guess us newbies will see how it goes, and hopefully there won't be a run on orange ones.

#7925 1 year ago

Got my together today... wow!! Loving it. Now I have the day tomorrow to start adding the accessories! I did have a issue playing a couple games tbru it. My ball is getting stuck in the. Raptor pen.. like the post won't release it after the game. Throws an error and if I shut it off and back on it will start searching for balls...and eventually release it. Thoughts ?

#7926 1 year ago

Hi All -
I am hoping one of you can help me out. I've been looking all through the threads and haven't seen anything specifically like my issue. It may be there but I didn't see it. My problem is with the Trex head on an LE. Overall mine works awesome except for one thing that is frustrating. When the Trex is going to drop the ball on the wire ramp it doesn't go up high enough so it opens its mouth and just hits the ramp. So, you have to wait for it to go into the stuck ball operation before the head goes to the left and opens its mouth. The weird thing was on early code it worked great then around the .98 its done this ever since. I've just been playing it this way because of time but now I am free and would like to get the problem fixed. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I emailed Stern support last week but have yet to hear anything back.
Take care.

#7927 1 year ago

Needed some plastic washers to protect the metal washers from scratching the finish on the legs before I installed them, so here is what I came up with. The plastic washer perfectly cups the standard metal washer, and only adds 2mm to the thickness and overall diameter of the original washer. I'm using Galaxy black filament (one of my favorites) which resembles the finish on the legs.

Printing the other 7 now, so I'll see how they work and look when installed soon.

FYI, I'm happy to share the STL on this one for free if you would like to print your own.

IMG_4644.JPGIMG_4645.JPGIMG_4646.JPG

IMG_4648 (resized).JPG
#7928 1 year ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

Got my together today... wow!! Loving it. Now I have the day tomorrow to start adding the accessories! I did have a issue playing a couple games tbru it. My ball is getting stuck in the. Raptor pen.. like the post won't release it after the game. Throws an error and if I shut it off and back on it will start searching for balls...and eventually release it. Thoughts ?

Do you have a pro? Are you referring to the up-post to the left of the pen (in front of the control room target)? If so, try moving that post up with your hand from under the playfield (POWER OFF!). It may be rubbing and sticking on the edge of the hole, not allowing it to go back down. I had that issue with my in-lane up post and had to move the post mechanism a little to get it to work consistently.

#7929 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Would be even more beautiful without those numbers on the plastics..

Just kidding
Congrats! Enjoy! It’s an addictive game

#7930 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Needed some plastic washers to protect the metal washers from scratching the finish on the legs before I installed them, so here is what I came up with. The plastic washer perfectly cups the standard metal washer, and only adds 2mm to the thickness and overall diameter of the original washer. I'm using Galaxy black filament (one of my favorites) which resembles the finish on the legs.
Printing the other 7 now, so I'll see how they work and look when installed soon.
FYI, I'm happy to share the STL on this one for free if you would like to print your own, or I'd be willing to sell 8 of them for $10 including postage within US. Just PM me if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good idea, but readily available in lots of nice colors Definitely a must have on powder coated legs. I cringe every time I see powdered legs with bolts making direct contact.

Screenshot_20201112-225622_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#7931 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Good idea, but readily available in lots of nice colors Definitely a must have on powder coated legs. I cringe every time I see powdered legs with bolts making direct contact.
[quoted image]

I know there are similar things out there (I’ve used them on other games of mine), but I needed something today, and I’m happy to share my STL file for others who like to DIY things.

#7932 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

[quoted image]

Ooohhh nice colours ... should have bought some in my recent order

#7933 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Do you have a pro? Are you referring to the up-post to the left of the pen (in front of the control room target)? If so, try moving that post up with your hand from under the playfield (POWER OFF!). It may be rubbing and sticking on the edge of the hole, not allowing it to go back down. I had that issue with my in-lane up post and had to move the post mechanism a little to get it to work consistently.

Sorry.. should of specified. I have a premium. The ball goes into the pen and the post pops up holding the ball. The raptor gate will drop at end of game but the post doesn't and the ball just sits there. I get the error and then I have to reboot it.

#7934 1 year ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

Sorry.. should of specified. I have a premium. The ball goes into the pen and the post pops up holding the ball. The raptor gate will drop at end of game but the post doesn't and the ball just sits there. I get the error and then I have to reboot it.

When capture is lit and you hit the back raptor target the post will pop up and hold the ball while the gate comes up. Once the gate is up the post should drop, allowing the ball to roll down to the risen gate (ie trapped in the pen). A new ball will then be launched into play and you'll be able to hit the gate, which drops the integrity of the fence, when you reach 0% integrity you'll trigger Raptor Tri-ball (which lowers the gate and lets the ball out of the raptor pen, as well as launching a 3rd ball onto the PF).

So by your description the post is not coming down once the gate has come up - can you go into test mode (Diag -> Coil -> #16 Lock Raptor Pit) and see if the raptor post will raise/drop when you activate it (note you need to first pull the coin door switch button out to activate the 48V for the coils to work with the coin door open)?

#7935 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When capture is lit and you hit the back raptor target the post will pop up and hold the ball while the gate comes up. Once the gate is up the post should drop, allowing the ball to roll down to the risen gate (ie trapped in the pen). A new ball will then be launched into play and you'll be able to hit the gate, which drops the integrity of the fence, when you reach 0% integrity you'll trigger Raptor Tri-ball (which lowers the gate and lets the ball out of the raptor pen, as well as launching a 3rd ball onto the PF).
So by your description the post is not coming down once the gate has come up - can you go into test mode (Diag -> Coil -> #16 Lock Raptor Pit) and see if the raptor post will raise/drop when you activate it (note you need to first pull the coin door switch button out to activate the 48V for the coils to work with the coin door open)?

Thanks. Looks like I need to move it a little. Lot of resistance when I try to manipulate it. Sorry for the novice questions. Been reading up since I ordered it, but now its in my hands its a bit unknown. I am a complete newbie here. Thanks guys!

#7936 1 year ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

Thanks. Looks like I need to move it a little. Lot of resistance when I try to manipulate it. Sorry for the novice questions. Been reading up since I ordered it, but now its in my hands its a bit unknown. I am a complete newbie here. Thanks guys!

Getting your hands dirty and learning is all just part of the fun!! And if you're not sure, then just ask

#7937 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what they paid on a new Premium recently?

#7938 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can anyone tell me what they paid on a new Premium recently?

$7500 shipped to my door.

#7939 1 year ago

I guess COVID lockdown gives us all kinds of time to be creative.... Heres what some bamboo sticks, an old corn whisk hand broom and a sheet of hobby basswood turns into in 3 hours.

4FC902CD-9D1C-40BD-8761-D90BB7BE124B (resized).jpeg5706B17A-F2D9-4944-8C73-9779916E6AA2 (resized).jpeg8ADFBFEF-46D5-405F-BCCC-3B73493C702C (resized).jpegA9DAE13E-87A8-412D-A357-7DB9F84B00C9 (resized).jpegDA9CC38F-81F7-4142-B10B-CBB05AFEE82D (resized).jpeg

#7940 1 year ago

Im finally joining the club with a premium coming this weekend. Of course I cant find the shooter rod anywhere but what are the essential mods? Ill get a shaker, invisiglass and art blades. But what else?

#7941 1 year ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

Not sure if you will need to go this far, but I will share it here for anyone else that may need it.
My post was not aligned correctly in the hole, and I could not get it to work right by simply bending/adjusting the coil bracket. SO...I removed the bracket entirely, realigned to the proper position (a partner to watch from above helps a ton here), marked and drilled pilot holes and re-mounted the assembly. IMPORTANT: fill the old holes with a matchstick or other hard type wood (not bamboo) before drilling new holes/sinking screws. Hope this helps. Picture shows original (unfilled) holes with new holes marked.
Note: also had to relocate the the set screw for the nearby t-nut.
Edit: this is the in-lane up post
0BF91D04-D819-48BB-9038-8AA580F2A09F (resized).jpeg

#7942 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I guess COVID lockdown gives us all kinds of time to be creative.... Heres what some bamboo sticks, an old corn whisk hand broom and a sheet of hobby basswood turns into in 3 hours.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice!!

#7943 1 year ago

Anyone having issues downloading the new code?

#7944 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im finally joining the club with a premium coming this weekend. Of course I cant find the shooter rod anywhere but what are the essential mods? Ill get a shaker, invisiglass and art blades. But what else?

The truly essential list is pretty short for me. Shaker, 100% a must. Best shaker integration ever. Art or mirror blades. And for me, additional playfield lighting. Everything else is nice, but not essential. Lots of cool stuff out there to dress it up.

#7945 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

The truly essential list is pretty short for me. Shaker, 100% a must. Best shaker integration ever. Art or mirror blades. And for me, additional playfield lighting. Everything else is nice, but not essential. Lots of cool stuff out there to dress it up.

thanks. I play with my lights on(50% dimmed). so playfield lighting isnt usually an issue for me. But the rest I have coming. I really want the shooter knob but its sold out

#7946 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks. I play with my lights on(50% dimmed). so playfield lighting isnt usually an issue for me. But the rest I have coming. I really want the shooter knob but its sold out

I happened to have this pic in my phone. My machine, lights out. Pinstadium on left, stock lighting on right. I know, I know, downvotes because Pinstadium.....lol

Screenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#7947 1 year ago

hehe. I dont personally go pinstadium but I dont care what others do! My main complaint of pinstadiums is having to take them off when working on the machine. I think ill be fine with the lights on. Ive played JP Pro in a bar last year with dim lighting and it was fine

#7948 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I happened to have this pic in my phone. My machine, lights out. Pinstadium on left, stock lighting on right. I know, I know, downvotes because Pinstadium.....lol
[quoted image]

Not an indictment of Pinstadium but just buy a $20 spotlight kit from Comet and then you don't need to worry about the magnets falling off or moving them when you work on it. This is with no overhead lighting.

thumbnail_IMG_7375 (resized).jpg
#7949 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Not an indictment of Pinstadium but just buy a $20 spotlight kit from Comet and then you don't need to worry about the magnets falling off or moving them when you work on it. This is with no overhead lighting.
[quoted image]

where do you place the spots and what do they plug into?

#7950 1 year ago

I haven't tried this, but if your game isn't bright enough couldn't you just replace all of the GI bulbs with Comet 5 SMD insane bright leds in sunlight white? It would be a much cheaper/stealthier way to improve the brightness and visibility on your game. I can see just fine on my game even in complete darkness but I think I'd prefer going the stealth route vs. putting on spotlights or big strips of lighting that put "zebra stripes" all over your game.

There are 12,349 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 247.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside