(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 426.
#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Haha well I thought the quickest way would be spotting it in the thread gallery photos - now there's 22 odd pages of photos but I thought it'd be somewhere half to two thirds of the way thru so started in the middle. That said I looked in this thread first only not to find it (hence the other reference links) but quickly found it in the Prem/LE thread.
Think I would have given up too if using my phone

You’re my hero of the day!

#7802 3 years ago

Still nothing on screen showing how many t-rex modes you've played/need?

Come on sk8ball this is needed!

#7803 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Still nothing on screen showing how many t-rex modes you've played/need?
Come on sk8ball this is needed!

Yes!

#7804 3 years ago

If the modes consistently started in the same order, I could understand not needing this. But because they are randomized, I've had more than a few games where I'm getting deep into it, and can't remember at all how many T-Rex modes I've been through.

Just doesn't seem like something we should be missing in the game. Even a screen in the info that shows you what objectives are complete/incomplete to reach Escape Nublar would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

#7805 3 years ago

If the modes consistently started in the same order, I could understand not needing this. But because they are randomized, I've had more than a few games where I'm getting deep into it, and can't remember at all how many T-Rex modes I've been through.
Just doesn't seem like something we should be missing in the game. Even a screen in the info that shows you what objectives are complete/incomplete to reach Escape Nublar would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!

On default settings they proceed in the same order if you do not hit the truck again after spelling T-REX. multiball, chase, encounter, rampage.

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Apologies for being one of those people, but can anyone offer a link, pics or details of how people are installing their Pteranodon mods over the upper right wireform? Searching on my phone is killing me. I recall some using a screw lug type thing with wire stuck up the Pteranodons bum

This is how I have installed mine.
89A3FC6F-984C-4027-979A-2832E3923032 (resized).jpeg89A3FC6F-984C-4027-979A-2832E3923032 (resized).jpegF00D3D16-1D7B-4D3A-A37F-28505B511A28 (resized).jpegF00D3D16-1D7B-4D3A-A37F-28505B511A28 (resized).jpeg

And don’t forget the raptors

89713A97-EA2D-4A34-AE94-473EB2468906 (resized).jpeg89713A97-EA2D-4A34-AE94-473EB2468906 (resized).jpeg70E6D846-28B9-4AAA-9E94-2BF1B10A9895 (resized).jpeg70E6D846-28B9-4AAA-9E94-2BF1B10A9895 (resized).jpeg
#7807 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

[quoted image][quoted image]
And don’t forget the raptors[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, pteradon flying over the loop is also how I have mine. It looks way better than having him stand vertically. The vertical way of mounting always makes me think "pop up pteradon"

#7808 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjoend:

[quoted image][quoted image]
And don’t forget the raptors[quoted image][quoted image]

How have you connected the wire to the Pteranodon? Just drilled a hole in it and jammed some wire in?

#7809 3 years ago

How have you connected the wire to the Pteranodon? Just drilled a hole in it and jammed some wire in?

Thats what I did. A very small pilot hole, insert a dot of adhesive, and insert the wire. Hasn't come loose 1 time ever.

#7811 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

On default settings they proceed in the same order if you do not hit the truck again after spelling T-REX. multiball, chase, encounter, rampage.

Yes, but you may hit the truck, and you may end up in an intense game where you're focused on just keeping the ball alive, and you totally forget how many modes you started. Knowing where you stand helps you decide on a strategy.

It just makes no sense that this isn't in the game somewhere. We see if on screen for Control Room, we see it on the pf for Visitor Center, but there's nothing for T-Rex modes. Just seems like an easy feature they could add in to help players know where they are.

#7812 3 years ago

Yes, but you may hit the truck, and you may end up in an intense game where you're focused on just keeping the ball alive, and you totally forget how many modes you started. Knowing where you stand helps you decide on a strategy.
It just makes no sense that this isn't in the game somewhere. We see if on screen for Control Room, we see it on the pf for Visitor Center, but there's nothing for T-Rex modes. Just seems like an easy feature they could add in to help players know where they are.

Was just pointing out that they're not random as you stated that they were, that's all.

#7813 3 years ago

What is the timer on combos? I've noticed that I'm getting quite a few combos where it seems like I'm able to get them a good 10 to 15 seconds after hitting the previous shot.

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

What is the timer on combos? I've noticed that I'm getting quite a few combos where it seems like I'm able to get them a good 10 to 15 seconds after hitting the previous shot.

It's not listed in the rulesheet however if you capture T-Rex you get 8 seconds added to the timers, so this may also apply to the combo timer as well???

#7815 3 years ago

Z

#7816 3 years ago

Yes, like Scribbles I also drilled a hole and put the wire in with a droplet of glue.

#7817 3 years ago

Anyone noticed that this is not how the new code is set up, mine is set to 8 as default:

- changed 'DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL' default from 8 to 6

this would could help me to get to escape nublar, but i dont want to change it from factory.

Got a new escape nublar challange record with 3:01 yay!

#7818 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Anyone noticed that this is not how the new code is set up, mine is set to 8 as default:

this would could help me to get to escape nublar, but i dont want to change it from factory.

Great stuff!! I'm still yet to get close to finishing it.

#7819 3 years ago

Great stuff!! I'm still yet to get close to finishing it.

Easier if the truck is facing the left when you start (cleaner spinner shot)

Avoid hitting the truck and if you do switch it back to facing the original way before exiting that paddock (otherwise you end up doing more paddocks and having to hit the set trap targets)

Also if doing the competition challenge then the rescues are always in the same positions

It's a game within a game - I love it!!!

#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I hate to break it to you, but the fact that this change is in this release means that this IS "factory" now. You should absolutely change it. It's the equivalent of a balance adjustment to rules that have been released after millions of playtests. This is the new default.

#7821 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Did you restore your settings/scores after the update(switching between the custom code and this one)? If you did then that’s why it’s still at 8. Your saved settings are overriding the default.

#7822 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Did you restore your settings/scores after the update(switching between the custom code and this one)? If you did then that’s why it’s still at 8. Your saved settings are overriding the default.

Thank you, i guess that was the problem!

#7823 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

What is the timer on combos?

I don't believe there is one. Similar to IMDN, as long as you don't hit an errant switch, you're good.

There is a light indicator as well. From the code readme:
"- Combos - Added combo indicator (red flasher above 2x target) that pulses while combo is active"

#7824 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, pteradon flying over the loop is also how I have mine. It looks way better than having him stand vertically. The vertical way of mounting always makes me think "pop up pteradon"

I wont get my Prem until Feb....but buying mods now. Where to get the pteradon? Raptors?

#7825 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I wont get my Prem until Feb....but buying mods now. Where to get the pteradon? Raptors?

I would say just use the search feature in this thread, and you will see numerous posts about the types/brands of each that owners have purchased (also, correct spelling is "pteranodon").

#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Google search will also link you to pinside threads. For some reason this is much faster for me. Seems that Pinside search takes an eternity

#7827 3 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Got mine from Amazon. Brand is Papo, or Schleich. Both brands look amazing.

#7828 3 years ago

Just got notice from my distributor that JP Premiums are hitting his dock today. Paid my balance, and the pin (along with topper and shaker) should be on it's way to me later today. I don't know how many he received (told me Stern was only partially fulfilling his order), but thankfully I was first on the list!

I'm giddy!

#7829 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just got notice from my distributor that JP Premiums are hitting his dock today. Paid my balance, and the pin (along with topper and shaker) should be on it's way to me later today.
I'm giddy!

Good news! Hopefully that means mine should be landing soon as well as I'm second on the list for the next batch with my distro.

#7830 3 years ago

I am on V1.03.0 and did a factory reset. DNA combo extraball is set to 8 and it also says thats factory setting.
And why is Tilt Debounce set back from 1000ms to 750 now?

So could anyone check the DNA extraball setting for me? [Feature Adjustment #7]

#7831 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I am on V1.03.0 and did a factory reset. DNA combo extraball is set to 8 and it also says thats factory setting.

Just updated.

PXL_20201105_202111026 (resized).jpgPXL_20201105_202111026 (resized).jpg
#7832 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

When you go into the DNA combo extraball setting - what is the factory default (6 or 8)? It should show 6 as default - as per the screen shot from ectobar

#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I don't believe there is one. Similar to IMDN, as long as you don't hit an errant switch, you're good.
There is a light indicator as well. From the code readme:
"- Combos - Added combo indicator (red flasher above 2x target) that pulses while combo is active"

Arhh I wondered what the red flasher was indicating - good to know

#7834 3 years ago

Hi Fellow JPers... how do I get the modded movie/sound package that people talk about for this pin? Can you use this on the latest code?

#7835 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Hi Fellow JPers... how do I get the modded movie/sound package that people talk about for this pin? Can you use this on the latest code?

There’s a thread on Pinside dedicated to it. timlah79 is your guy, he can hook you up. It’s awesome!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/24#post-5946563

#7836 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

I don't have it, but my understanding is, no, wont work with latest code.

#7837 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I don't have it, but my understanding is, no, wont work with latest code.

Tim’s version is built into/upon the Stern code itself. He took stock Stern 1.02, then uses the PB utility to replace data blocks for audio and video clips inside the software image file, and then writes the entire new image to the card. Tim’s mods are implanted into the 1.02 code image which then REPLACES Stern’s in its entirety.

As for v1.03, it’s not clear the Tim/Delt mods will ever be ported to the new image structure of 1.03. It’s a ton of work and is very tightly connected to the underlying Stern code structure. The first step would be for PB to be updated to support 1.03, but again the PB developer has not committed to that support yet, if it's even possible (Stern may have intentionally made binary access to the image harder again).

#7838 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

When you go into the DNA combo extraball setting - what is the factory default (6 or 8)? It should show 6 as default - as per the screen shot from ectobar

Quoted from ectobar:

Just updated. [quoted image]

yeah strange, my game says 8 (installed/factory default) and I double checked the Code, its on V1.03.0

My first update went wrong so i did a second long update with check and it said it worked.
I think I will update it again.

#7839 3 years ago

Hi all!

So I'm getting a ton of ball rejects from the T-Rex ramp. I've searched the board, and I've seen the previous replies. I've tried removing the plastic spacers on the ramp air-ball protector plastic (and even adding washers, too, in case this helped). I've tried reducing the lower flipper power. And I'm between 6.5 and 7 degrees, and have tried different angles.

It's almost like the balls hit the bottom of the T-rex itself sometimes and rattle back down. I'm not sure if this is a common thing?

I was wondering if anyone has tried anything drastic like trying to raise or lower the static t-rex itself, and if this has helped?

Thanks! I'm missing so many shots because of this and it's bumming me out.

#7840 3 years ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

Hi all!
So I'm getting a ton of ball rejects from the T-Rex ramp. I've searched the board, and I've seen the previous replies. I've tried removing the plastic spacers on the ramp air-ball protector plastic (and even adding washers, too, in case this helped). I've tried reducing the lower flipper power. And I'm between 6.5 and 7 degrees, and have tried different angles.
It's almost like the balls hit the bottom of the T-rex itself sometimes and rattle back down. I'm not sure if this is a common thing?
I was wondering if anyone has tried anything drastic like trying to raise or lower the static t-rex itself, and if this has helped?

Im no expert regarding the t-rex and having a few rejects by myself but i will try to help
1. Level your game from side to side and get it to 7° degrees, its designed for 7 and small changes can make a big difference. Use a digital leveler and calibrate(!) it, dont use a smartphone.
2. the airball protector is there to keep the ball low enough for the trex mouth, if you remove the washers its too low, and you will get even more rattling balls in the left ramp (I tested this).
3. record a shot in the mouth in slow motion and make sure there is no phyical problem!
4. check if the opto is triggering at the ramp entrance
5. the opened trex`s jaw should kind of touch the ramp as i remember
6. there is a pdf somewhere from stern how to adjust the trex
7. if nothing helps, there is an adjustment where the the shot counts, even if the trex is not eating the ball, so its much less frustrating but you dont have to disable the mech

#7841 3 years ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

Hi all!

Having same problem on my pro. Not that often but often enough to be frustrating. Weird thing is that it only became an issue when I removed pf plastic protector. Removing pf protector changed angle of ramp flap a bit so maybe that is introducing more air balls. Hard to tell what the problem is because ball goes straight up ramp, goes behind backboard, but then comes straight down ramp. What looks like the same exact shot will go straight through. I don't think it's the trex. Ball would have to get some serious air to hit that.

#7842 3 years ago

Added a premium translight to my pro today. I like it.

IMG_20201106_113511641~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20201106_113511641~2 (resized).jpg
#7843 3 years ago

Removed the protector from under the tower so that screw won’t affect the shot and had Cliff make me a carbon fiber protector to eliminate the screws altogether.

35FC9607-A1E9-448E-884B-6FE0D6E0C436 (resized).jpeg35FC9607-A1E9-448E-884B-6FE0D6E0C436 (resized).jpeg
#7844 3 years ago

Great way to start a weekend. Second game of the night.

703421D6-D7EC-448A-A258-6F6BD1858365 (resized).jpeg703421D6-D7EC-448A-A258-6F6BD1858365 (resized).jpeg9EAF7F73-8F23-420A-982E-4A47391D590C (resized).jpeg9EAF7F73-8F23-420A-982E-4A47391D590C (resized).jpegEDFE6C55-E994-4E3A-8F09-A1C76DACEA74 (resized).jpegEDFE6C55-E994-4E3A-8F09-A1C76DACEA74 (resized).jpeg
#7845 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Removed the protector from under the tower so that screw won’t affect the shot and had Cliff make me a carbon fiber protector to eliminate the screws altogether.[quoted image]

Great idea!!! Man! I want one

#7846 3 years ago

Works perfect hit that shot every time

C45467E4-7A60-4158-B753-99C25B11B2D3 (resized).jpegC45467E4-7A60-4158-B753-99C25B11B2D3 (resized).jpeg
#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Works perfect hit that shot every time
[quoted image]

How does it affix/attach to the playfield? This is a great idea!

#7848 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Removed the protector from under the tower so that screw won’t affect the shot and had Cliff make me a carbon fiber protector to eliminate the screws altogether.[quoted image]

Well..... Dammit.

#7849 3 years ago

I got it! A JP Prem! Today! It's set-up!

And it works!

thanks, Brad

#7850 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

How does it affix/attach to the playfield? This is a great idea!

The carbon fiber has an adhesive back. I let Cliff know it worked he can make more contact him @ passionforpinball.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/157?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.