(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 427.
#7701 3 years ago

People of STERN... where is the co-op mode?

please...

#7702 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Ive made a video on switch tests, you can clear see that sometimes the right flipper trigger the opto, more often the upper right flipper.. any ideia to despite the problem.

Regards

Just for future reference and maybe to help others, it was a problem on the opto board(cold solder) just revised the contacts and is working as it should.
Thanks

#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Just for future reference and maybe to help others, it was a problem on the opto board(cold solder) just revised the contacts and is working as it should.
Thanks

Nice to see you got this issue sorted and good to know - now you can get on with enjoying JP

#7704 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Thanks

#7705 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Lockbar button changes the smart missile option

Oh man, duh! Been playing way too much BM66 lately (minor villans select with flippers) Thanks for the gentle reminder!

#7706 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Oh man, duh! Been playing way too much BM66 lately (minor villans select with flippers) Thanks for the gentle reminder!

I do wish flippers selected rewards, button to confirm, or fire. It's more intuitive that way.

#7707 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Nice to see you got this issue sorted and good to know - now you can get on with enjoying JP

Next step is to check the tower shot... sometimes the shot is not fluid and seems to kickback the ball...

#7708 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Next step is to check the tower shot... sometimes the shot is not fluid and seems to kickback the ball...

Yup, nearly every tower ramp flap has a rounded-head screw that was installed at the factory which is directly in the path of the ball edge. An easy replacement with a flathead screw is all that it takes. (You will need a really long PH1 philips head screwdriver to get it out however... $8 on AMZ)

#7709 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Yup, nearly every tower ramp flap has a rounded-head screw that was installed at the factory which is directly in the path of the ball edge. An easy replacement with a flathead screw is all that it takes. (You will need a really long PH1 philips head screwdriver to get it out however... $8 on AMZ)

Any reference picture of that area or screw?

#7710 3 years ago

I have that screw installed on mine but my shot is buttery smooth and I can't imagine how the ball can hit that screw because the side of the ball would hit the ramp first. Maybe some are installed further out towards the center of the ramp flap??

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have that screw installed on mine but my shot is buttery smooth and I can't imagine how the ball can hit that screw because the side of the ball would hit the ramp first. Maybe some are installed further out towards the center of the ramp flap??

Take a ball with your hand and run it over that spot and see if it hits that screw. On my game it does for the lower screw but doesn't on the upper one.

20200923_125535 (resized).jpg20200923_125535 (resized).jpg

#7712 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Take a ball with your hand and run it over that spot and see if it hits that screw. On my game it does for the lower screw but doesn't on the upper one.
[quoted image]

This is how I tested my game as well.
I could feel the ball hitting the screw head.
Tried a flat head screw but the hole is not counter sunk and the ball still hit it.
Pulled the damn thing out and life is a dream.

#7713 3 years ago

Mine was hitting as well.. little grinding got it right back in biz. never thought about just removing and then mylar.. intersting.

screenshot.3558 (resized).jpgscreenshot.3558 (resized).jpg
#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I do wish flippers selected rewards, button to confirm, or fire. It's more intuitive that way.

I think the button is used instead of flippers to make your choice because you can have a smart missile during multiball. If I have a ball cradled on my right flipper and the smart missile is activated I will use that ball to knock the Jeep out of the way before the uppost releases the ball, giving me a much wider shot path.

#7715 3 years ago

Just for fun...

JPS (resized).jpgJPS (resized).jpg
#7716 3 years ago

Put it out and mylar in and be happy......aaaaaand it looks better too

20201030_211345 (resized).jpg20201030_211345 (resized).jpg
#7717 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

Put it out and mylar in and be happy......aaaaaand it looks better too
[quoted image]

I think this will be my Friday night pinball project. Then play about 20 games to test it out

#7718 3 years ago

Without the thin metal flap, tower shots that roll back or fall after not quite making it around will eventually damage the exposed edge of the playfield where the U-ramp mounts. The mount point is recessed and the flap protects the edges of that recess.

#7719 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Mine was hitting as well.. little grinding got it right back in biz. never thought about just removing and then mylar.. intersting.
[quoted image]

1410561_700 (resized).jpg1410561_700 (resized).jpg
#7720 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Without the thin metal flap, tower shots that roll back or fall after not quite making it around will eventually damage the exposed edge of the playfield where the U-ramp mounts. The mount point is recessed and the flap protects the edges of that recess.

Good point, then I shall remove the screw, leave the metal flap, and put mylar down

#7721 3 years ago

The ramps aren't countersunk so that type of screw still won't lie perfectly flat. They are better than the original screws but still make slight contact with the ball.

#7722 3 years ago

Man.. just had a great game. Visitor center. Completed raptors in the kitchen. Started secure control room but not completed successfully. Was 1 shot away from starting my last t-rex mode (close to museum mayhem!). I wanted to do escape nublar for real instead of practice!

So close

2.1b

#7723 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The ramps aren't countersunk so that type of screw still won't lie perfectly flat. They are better than the original screws but still make slight contact with the ball.

You have all the reason, this must will be better.

celo-tornillo-para-aluminio-extraplana-ce-4-2x22-lacado-blanco-9w4222ce-0501040648-d467_228 (resized).jpgcelo-tornillo-para-aluminio-extraplana-ce-4-2x22-lacado-blanco-9w4222ce-0501040648-d467_228 (resized).jpg
#7724 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

You have all the reason, this must will be better.[quoted image]

That is exactly what is needed.

#7725 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That is exactly what is needed.

Literally 10 seconds with a Dremel and the problem is solved.

#7726 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

You have all the reason, this must will be better.[quoted image]

What size screw is this? Basically I just want to hit the easy button and have someone to tell me exactly what to buy.

#7727 3 years ago

Joining the JP club today with a new premium. Super excited!

Does anyone have the Tilt Graphics set installed on their machine? I was hoping to see it installed?

5A6EFBBF-A1A3-4458-9EDA-11763D359681 (resized).jpeg5A6EFBBF-A1A3-4458-9EDA-11763D359681 (resized).jpeg
#7728 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Does anyone have the Tilt Graphics set installed on their machine? I was hoping to see it installed?
[quoted image]

A friend of mine has this package on his. Its a pretty subjective thing, but I feel it's a bit too busy for my taste.

#7729 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Congrats on the purchase! My 2 cents worth is that all that together is a bit too busy. The games look pretty good right from Stern, and theres a few good mods out there like the realistic pteradon that add to the game.

#7730 3 years ago

Good point, then I shall remove the screw, leave the metal flap, and put mylar down

Removed the screw from mine, and also noticed the standup target to the right was leaning into the tower shot, so moved and tightened that. Still can't hit the tower shot for sh*t, but at least I know now that it is my lack of skill and not a setup issue.

#7731 3 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! My 2 cents worth is that all that together is a bit too busy. The games look pretty good right from Stern, and theres a few good mods out there like the realistic pteradon that add to the game.

Yeah I was already thinking I would not be installing the speaker stickers and the lockdown bar sticker and maybe the coin box stickers. Was just curious what the yellow caution type stickers looked like installed.

What brand of Dino models are people installing like the Pteradon? I see palms too is that a particular brand? Any links would be appreciated.

#7732 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Removed the screw from mine, and also noticed the standup target to the right was leaning into the tower shot, so moved and tightened that. Still can't hit the tower shot for sh*t, but at least I know now that it is my lack of skill and not a setup issue.

It's strange, or maybe not, but I can hit the tower shot on mine fairly regular. Unlike my Iron Maiden Premium where I always struggle to get just even 1 left loop. I've thought about changing the flipper angle a small amount to see if that helps.

Rob

#7733 3 years ago

Hey fellow owners, I need some guidance after doing some maintenence on my JP Pro today.

I did the jeep fix with silicone, cleaned flipper rubbers, wiped down playfield, swapped Raptor tower screw (was hitting my balls), and installed 6 brand new balls.

Here is the problem, when bringing the playfield down, I mis judged the legs and it slipped and came down hard on some of the wiring and where CN1 and CN2 connections on the circuit board are (the board that sits under the paddock lights for each Dino) .

So far here is what I noticed:
1. Secure Control Room light and the 2x Playfield lights won't come on.
2. The game play seems REALLY fast now.

I'm pretty sure I need a new circuit board. Although some of the wires were pinched and had some disconnecting issues, I was able to verify they can still work by hooking them up to other LED connections on the board and the lights came on.

But I checked with my voltmeter and the pins for CN1 and CN2 which these LEDs connect to are not outputting any voltage for those two LEDs. When the playfield came down, the connectors on these are what the thin metal bar smashed into. Escape Nublar LED still works from the same CN as the Secure Control room though. So yeah, I contacted Stern to see how to order a new board for that. Am I going in the right direction? The board looked OK, but might be ever so slightly bent that it cut the connections there I worry. Everything else works it appears.

As for how fast the game plays now, is that normal after I stalling new balls? These are Zen balls from Mezelmods. The ball is really zipping around and bouncing off the flippers a lot. I was pretty good about ball control before, but having a hard time even post passing now.

Did I somehow possibly damage the flippers so they are now overpowered? I had them on 235 and the game at 7 degrees before as reccomended. I turned down the flippers to 215 each and it feels a bit more like it did before. But then again I have not installed new balls or wiped down the playfield before. This is my first pin and I'm not sure if this is expected. Had the game for 5.5 Months and it has over 1200 games on it.

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from WedgeTheJedi:

Hey fellow owners, I need some guidance after doing some maintenence on my JP Pro today.
I did the jeep fix with silicone, cleaned flipper rubbers, wiped down playfield, swapped Raptor tower screw (was hitting my balls), and installed 6 brand new balls.
Here is the problem, when bringing the playfield down, I mis judged the legs and it slipped and came down hard on some of the wiring and where CN1 and CN2 connections on the circuit board are (the board that sits under the paddock lights for each Dino) .
I'm pretty sure I need a new circuit board. Although some of the wires were pinched and had some disconnecting issues, I was able to verify they can still work by hooking them up to other LED connections on the board and the lights came on.
But I checked with my voltmeter and the pins for CN1 and CN2 which these LEDs connect to are not outputting any voltage for those two LEDs. When the playfield came down, the connectors on these are what the thin metal bar smashed into. Escape Nublar LED still works from the same CN as the Secure Control room though. So yeah, I contacted Stern to see how to order a new board for that. Am I going in the right direction? The board looked OK, but might be ever so slightly bent that it cut the connections there I worry. Everything else works it appears.
As for how fast the game plays now, is that normal after I stalling new balls? These are Zen balls from Mezelmods. The ball is really zipping around and bouncing off the flippers a lot. I was pretty good about ball control before, but having a hard time even post passing now.
Did I somehow possibly damage the flippers so they are now overpowered? I had them on 235 and the game at 7 degrees before as reccomended. I turned down the flippers to 215 each and it feels a bit more like it did before. But then again I have not installed new balls or wiped down the playfield before. This is my first pin and I'm not sure if this is expected. Had the game for 5.5 Months and it has over 1200 games on it.

Cleaning your playfield will make it play faster. I had the same reaction when I cleaned my Metallica. It will start to settle back down the more you play it.

If you think it is the balls you could put your old ones back in to test.

#7735 3 years ago

Yeah I was already thinking I would not be installing the speaker stickers and the lockdown bar sticker and maybe the coin box stickers. Was just curious what the yellow caution type stickers looked like installed.
What brand of Dino models are people installing like the Pteradon? I see palms too is that a particular brand? Any links would be appreciated.

The 2 best brands for realistic dinosaurs are Papo, and Schleich. Either brand can be purchased online and look amazing. I have the pteradon and the raptor. Not sure about the brand on the plam trees.

20190831_181152 (resized).jpg20190831_181152 (resized).jpg20190831_182326 (resized).jpg20190831_182326 (resized).jpg
#7736 3 years ago
Quoted from WedgeTheJedi:

Cleaning and waxing the playfield will definitely make the game play crazy fast for a while especially if you had 1200 games on it prior to cleaning.

#7737 3 years ago

I wanted to see how i compete with the IFPA players from the PinClash tournament https://www.pinclashtourney.com/
Its really cool to see the actual times and players including the link to their actual best scoring game, give it a try!

I have had the same experience like other members, after some days of training i played a standard game and beat my GC by far from 1 billion to 2,1 billion points (1 death save). My escape nublar time is 3:17. The only downside of the PinClash tournament is that there are only some streamers playing it, so no real comparison- still tons of fun. Too bad i wasn't able to sign up for it, because i noticed it too late- anyone knows where i can get this information earlier next time?

Also learning how deep this game really is... my DP simply cant compete just because of that, but still a great game.

Edit: removed the tower flap, no real differece, just feels a littlebit nicer. added two layers of mylar to protect the edges of the wood. no critical area there because you always can but the flap back on.

#7738 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I wanted to see how i compete with the IFPA players from the PinClash tournament https://www.pinclashtourney.com/
Its really cool to see the actual times and players including the link to their actual best scoring game, give it a try!
I have had the same experience like other members, after some days of training i played a standard game and beat my GC by far from 1 billion to 2,1 billion points (1 death save). My escape nublar time is 3:17. The only downside of the PinClash tournament is that there are only some streamers playing it, so no real comparison- still tons of fun. Too bad i wasn't able to sign up for it, because i noticed it too late- anyone knows where i can get this information earlier next time?
Also learning how deep this game really is... my DP simply cant compete just because of that, but still a great game.

I stumbled across it as I was watching somebody's stream. I looked into it and then signed up. That 3:17 is pretty good time.
Follow the main streamers and follow them. Karl, Deadflip etc...

#7739 3 years ago

I used generic palm trees from EBay that were for model train scenery. Here is my machine with the caution tape on the playfield frame and on the coin door. The dinosaurs were from Hobby Lobby and EBay.

1A8C3A4D-ED19-4393-A2E1-FD9AB35A7352 (resized).jpeg1A8C3A4D-ED19-4393-A2E1-FD9AB35A7352 (resized).jpeg1DA0E67D-AC20-49C6-AFD6-B7D06A5900BF (resized).jpeg1DA0E67D-AC20-49C6-AFD6-B7D06A5900BF (resized).jpeg21A80C56-21B7-4869-9E05-A29DB2F9B876 (resized).jpeg21A80C56-21B7-4869-9E05-A29DB2F9B876 (resized).jpegFCEF1E64-B431-4102-9500-EB3D59E07ED9 (resized).jpegFCEF1E64-B431-4102-9500-EB3D59E07ED9 (resized).jpeg
#7740 3 years ago

1.03 Breaks my Jurassic Park. From the moment i start a game things start triggering. I downgraded to 1.02 and works fine. Updated again to 1.03 and its broken. I'm also one of those who's TRex is busted and wont drop the ball most of the time even with my replacement. Here is a video.

#7741 3 years ago

Double check you updated the right version for your game. LE, pro, Premium.

#7742 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I used generic palm trees from EBay that were for model train scenery. Here is my machine with the caution tape on the playfield frame and on the coin door. The dinosaurs were from Hobby Lobby and EBay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks that helps, I like the yellow striping inside and the ramp decal a lot. Also ordered the same replacement signs you have and they look great in your game. Tilt makes some great graphics. Nice pimped out pro!

#7743 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Double check you updated the right version for your game. LE, pro, Premium.

Version is correct

#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I used generic palm trees from EBay that were for model train scenery. Here is my machine with the caution tape on the playfield frame and on the coin door. The dinosaurs were from Hobby Lobby and EBay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

lower flippers doesnt seems well aligned... until you did it on purpose (your taste) of course

#7745 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lower flippers doesnt seems well aligned... until you did it on purpose (your taste) of course

This has been said many times before about the flippers, On these newer machines this is how it is designed. The flippers have a little droop to them to make certain shots. The dot on the playfield should be the middle tip of the flipper.

#7746 3 years ago

Fellow JP owners...

I just bought a JP prem that was manufactured in July 2020 so it has no paint near the posts. Is it still recommended to install the cliffy carbon fiber circles under all posts?

Any other big issues where I should install something for the game? I think I'm going to do mylar in the shooter lane unless the cliffy is better?

What about the raptor cage? Anything for here?

Does the outhole drain need one? Seems like it might wear bad there.

#7747 3 years ago

Just noticed this plastic tab on my trexe on jo premium. Any ideas

20201102_095120 (resized).jpg20201102_095120 (resized).jpg
#7748 3 years ago

Fellow JP owners...
I just bought a JP prem that was manufactured in July 2020 so it has no paint near the posts. Is it still recommended to install the cliffy carbon fiber circles under all posts?
Any other big issues where I should install something for the game? I think I'm going to do mylar in the shooter lane unless the cliffy is better?

I put an extra black ring on the truck Newton ball post it now has 5 rings instead of 4. This keeps tension on the assembly and will prevent balls from getting stuck under the truck.

I put a piece of mylar on the left outlane sidewall as that area takes a beating.

I put small carbon washers under all the rail guide posts

2 small washers under the left fork of the shooter lane for ball travel

Metal cliffy's in shooter lane

2 slightly larger washers under Pteranadon helix ramp entry posts, those two take a beating and it was more for preventative mx than anything

Changed all post rubber to tapered Titans

Changed all other rubber to Titan except flippers, after trying Every single rubber type out there, using black rubber from Marco, best bounce, control and wear YMMV.

Plastic protectors under plastics, from Mezel Mods

That's really all the protection I added

I play the hell out of my machines but keep then pristine, cleaning and waxed... After 5000 plays, it looks brand new

I'm still amazed when I see people selling them with only 200 or less plays.. Do you play pinball or look at pinball? I can do 50 games in a couple days

Clean, multiple coats of wax... Should be good to go now

#7749 3 years ago

Fellow JP owners...

I have a June 2020 Premium. I don't think the cliffy circles are needed. Just make sure that the post below the upper flipper is in tight. I've had to tighten it up a couple times since getting my game. I would at least put mylar down in the shooter lane and outhole drain.-I ended up getting the Cliffys for these.

I'd also check for any areas on your playfield where metal guides (left of the shooter lane) and where the apron edges meet the playfield.-mine was starting to dig into the playfield. I ended up putting mylar down in these areas to prevent this from happening. Other than that though Stern does a good job of putting mylar in the key areas of the game.

#7750 3 years ago

Fellow JP owners...

Check the Tower Ramp flap and see if the flap hold down screw on the left side collides with the ball. On most machines, it does and makes the shots much harder to get. The most straight forward fix is to remove the screw and then grind it down a bit, or replace it with a flatter head screw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12,999.99
$ 14.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/155?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.