(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,294 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,294 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 426.
#7601 3 years ago

That is kinda what Ive gotten from all sources. A helicopter that turns too! Is the shaker included in both? Is the glass the same?

#7602 3 years ago

Thanks JMCFAN, perfect. You don't get much for $1,600 anymore...

#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Can anyone list the difference between the Pro and Premium. Excuse me if there is a simple place to look, but the Stern site really doesn't show a bullet list.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdf
Big noticeable items: Animated TREX head, moving Raptor in the pen, spinning Helicopter, 4 up posts instead of 3, metal apron instead of plastic, mosquito bumper caps instead of plain

#7604 3 years ago

You’re gonna get opinions from both sides on the pro vs premium. Really comes down to your taste and preference and what you wanna spend. Premium was the move for me because the artwork, raptor pen, and yes while kind of a gimmick the T. rex head excites everyone who plays it myself included. Pro is not a bad machine by any means

#7605 3 years ago

Strange issue...
When the truck is turned to the right and i press the right flipper it register the T-REX hits.. left flipper only do it sometimes, but very rare. Ive check the connections on the captive ball mecanism, seems solid to me.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7606 3 years ago

Regarding flipper power, mine was at factory for the first month. I often hit the TRex ramp perfect but it would fly up and hit the clear plastic guard right above the entrance. I hit it enough that it knocked the right screw off that was holding it on. I was hesitant to adjust flipper power as many people have trouble with their spinner making it all the way around and making clean tower shots and my game makes both perfect. Tonight I turned down all three flippers to 245 and played for an hour. I never had a shot to the T. rex ramp hit the plastic, my spinner shots that were clean or even mostly clean went all the way around and tower shots were perfect even multiple combos coming off the O loop straight to the tower.

#7607 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Besides the artwork on the cab and back glass, its 2 things. The moving Trex head, and a gate that lowers in front of the raptor pit. That's it. Oh, and a raptor toy that moves a bit when hit.

Those and the helicopter blades spinner. Gameplay is nearly identical and same lightshow. Moving Trex head is definitely cool but it really doesn't change how the game plays.

#7608 3 years ago

Is there a pro versus Prem/LE thread?

#7609 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is there a pro versus Prem/LE thread?

Lordy I hope not, it's pretty straightforward

#7610 3 years ago

Yeah, I fully agree

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Lordy I hope not, it's pretty straightforward

#7611 3 years ago

Proud to be able to say I just got in on a JP Pro. Love Elwin's work, I also have a Iron Maiden Pro. Can't wait to experience this one in a home game room environment!

122474089_404356294064702_3442873618017709837_n (resized).jpg122474089_404356294064702_3442873618017709837_n (resized).jpg
#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Proud to be able to say I just got in on a JP Pro. Love Elwin's work, I also have a Iron Maiden Pro. Can't wait to experience this one in a home game room environment!
[quoted image]

Atta boy!
Its always better at home.

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Those and the helicopter blades spinner. Gameplay is nearly identical and same lightshow. Moving Trex head is definitely cool but it really doesn't change how the game plays.

Neither does the hyperloop on SW, but I can't imagine living without either of them. When something is THAT cool, you probably want it in your game...even if you have to sell one of your children to science in order to get it.

#7614 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Atta boy!
Its always better at home.

Agreed, I really enjoy actually being able to hear the game, which usually isn't possible on location. I'm spoiled enough now where I dont even want my family playing other games while I'm playing

#7615 3 years ago

Has anyone lowered the plastic guard above the entrance of the T-Rex ramp by removing the spacers? Has it reduced the amount of flying off the ramp onto the plastics in the back left corner and improved rattle rejects off the ramp? I did it on my Pro and I think there is a slight improvement, but it's anecdotal and was wondering if others had experience doing this.

For background, when I first got my JP2 Pro the T-Rex ramp was butter smooth, with rarely a rejected rattle shot at full flipper strength and I can't remember many shots flying off the ramp. As time has gone by these occurances happen more frequently. I've reduced flipper power (down to 220) and made sure the metal flap is flush with the playfield but it still happens. I think it is probably related to the metal flap changing shape over time that is contributing to this behavior. I recently removed the spacers above the posts but below the plastic guard plate at the ramp entrance to reduce the height, but not sure if it did much so reaching out to others for their opinion.

#7616 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Has anyone lowered the plastic guard above the entrance of the T-Rex ramp by removing the spacers? Has it reduced the amount of flying off the ramp onto the plastics in the back left corner and improved rattle rejects off the ramp? I did it on my Pro and I think there is a slight improvement, but it's anecdotal and was wondering if others had experience doing this.
For background, when I first got my JP2 Pro the T-Rex ramp was butter smooth, with rarely a rejected rattle shot at full flipper strength and I can't remember many shots flying off the ramp. As time has gone by these occurances happen more frequently. I've reduced flipper power (down to 220) and made sure the metal flap is flush with the playfield but it still happens. I think it is probably related to the metal flap changing shape over time that is contributing to this behavior. I recently removed the spacers above the posts but below the plastic guard plate at the ramp entrance to reduce the height, but not sure if it did much so reaching out to others for their opinion.

I think this one is a "go with whatever is working best for your setup" type of thing. I removed the spacers on mine and then put them back on because I started getting rejects, but I think others have left them off because that worked better for them. As you mentioned, the pitch, flipper power, and the flap probably all play a part in it.

#7617 3 years ago

Hey all!

I ordered a NIB JP Premium at the start of September and was told machines would be on the line the 3rd week of October.
My distributor seems to be getting zero dates on shipping.
(Typical "supply chain and COVID delays" reasoning given...just not sure if that is legit or just a "line" being sent out)

Anyone here have an idea on when Stern may get some fresh premiums off the line and in the hands of customers?

I'd love to get it in and setup before the snow flies!

#7618 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Hey all!
I ordered a NIB JP Premium at the start of September and was told machines would be on the line the 3rd week of October.
(Typical "supply chain and COVID delays" reasoning given...just not sure if that is legit or just a "line" being sent out)
Anyone here have an idea on when Stern may get some fresh premiums off the line and in the hands of customers?

Same feedback here at this point. Regardless of true or not, it seems many in every industry are using covid as an excuse for delays.

#7619 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Hey all!

I see distributors selling allocated premiums with February delivery right now.

#7620 3 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Hey all!

I have a deposit on one since Sept. Told February......so closer to when snow begins to melt. Game Ex in Colo is also showing Q1 2021

#7621 3 years ago

Appreciate the feedback (as much as it's breaking my heart)...
It's now a race to see what arrives first, the JP or the GnR I suppose...

Thanks all.

Quoted from JMCFAN:

I have a deposit on one since Sept. Told February......so closer to when snow begins to melt. Game Ex in Colo is also showing Q1 2021

#7622 3 years ago

can any one point me in the direction of the alternative code or enhancement code that was done by a pinsider? I checked the key posts nothing cheers!

#7623 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

can any one point me in the direction of the alternative code or enhancement code that was done by a pinsider? I checked the key posts nothing cheers!

Search is your friend, my friend: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5834474

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-the-ultimate-code-w-movie-clips

#7625 3 years ago

...and make sure you give the guys a donation. A ton of work went into this and there are a bunch of cheap-assed chiselers that just want to benefit from their work for nothing. And that, my friend, is bullshit.

#7626 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and make sure you give the guys a donation. A ton of work went into this and there are a bunch of cheap-assed chiselers that just want to benefit from their work for nothing. And that, my friend, is bullshit.

No problem paying for it or donating to the cause! Would love them to keep going on tittles where the company was too cheap to get the assets! lol

#7627 3 years ago

Donated, thanks for all your effort boys! Keep those tittles coming!

#7628 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Donated, thanks for all your effort boys! Keep those tittles coming!

Tittles? Yes, more tittles!

#7629 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

sorry titties, titles my mind is never on the right one only the right two

#7630 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

If you didn't know, a tittle is the dot on the lower case letter i and j or other markings over other letters
ImmenseFearlessCockatiel-size_restricted.gifImmenseFearlessCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

#7631 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you didn't know, a tittle is the dot on the lower case letter i and j or other markings over other letters
[quoted image]

It's also a very small part or quantity; a particle, jot, or whit.

#7632 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

[quoted image]

Yeah, I love huge tittles

#7633 3 years ago

I have been practicing for the escape Nublar challenge tournament. I have Played Escape Nublar exclusively for the last 4 days about 2 Hours per day.
I decided to give it a break today and shoot around a little and play a game.
It was my best Game ever.
10 fossils
3.6 Billion Score
30 rescues
495,000,000 Visitor center bonus

Practicing Nublar is making me better at all the shots
BTW my best Escape from Nublar time is 3:36

20201028_225850 (resized).jpg20201028_225850 (resized).jpg20201028_225915 (resized).jpg20201028_225915 (resized).jpg20201028_225917 (resized).jpg20201028_225917 (resized).jpg20201028_225923 (resized).jpg20201028_225923 (resized).jpg20201028_225926 (resized).jpg20201028_225926 (resized).jpg
#7634 3 years ago

Are you generally not supposed to be able to hit the tower shot unless you have some speed coming around? I'm a bit annoyed that I can't hit the tower shot with the ball coming slowly out of the pops, but I don't know if it's a feature or a bug. I can occasionally get it up there but it's like a 5-10% shot. Most often even a clean nice shot just doesn't have the momentum to make it up there, and my flipper settings for that flipper are on default (Max).

#7635 3 years ago

That's a crazy score. I actually had a freak game with like 29 rescues, so I was close to you on that, but I think my max fossil count is 3 or so.

#7636 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I have been practicing for the escape Nublar challenge tournament. I have Played Escape Nublar exclusively for the last 4 days about 2 Hours per day.
10 fossils
3.6 Billion Score
30 rescues
BTW my best Escape from Nublar time is 3:36[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome score - I agree that playing Escape Nublar really improves your skills to make specific shots ... just wish it translated to scoring big like you've done (my best on a 3 ball game is 802k )

#7637 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Are you generally not supposed to be able to hit the tower shot unless you have some speed coming around? I'm a bit annoyed that I can't hit the tower shot with the ball coming slowly out of the pops, but I don't know if it's a feature or a bug. I can occasionally get it up there but it's like a 5-10% shot. Most often even a clean nice shot just doesn't have the momentum to make it up there, and my flipper settings for that flipper are on default (Max).

Every game is different, however you should be able to hit the tower ramp with either a slow or fast feed to the upper flipper. It might be just a slight adjustment on the pitch of the PF that will significantly improve being able to hit this ramp - what pitch is you machine setup at? and is it level side-to-side?

#7638 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Strange issue...
When the truck is turned to the right and i press the right flipper it register the T-REX hits.. left flipper only do it sometimes, but very rare. Ive check the connections on the captive ball mecanism, seems solid to me.
[quoted image]

Ive made a video on switch tests, you can clear see that sometimes the right flipper trigger the opto, more often the upper right flipper.. any ideia to despite the problem.

Regards

#7639 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Ive made a video on switch tests, you can clear see that sometimes the right flipper trigger the opto, more often the upper right flipper.. any ideia to despite the problem.

Regards

Yes, I would indeed start with a Node board change. So get both out. Make the nr 8 the nr 9 via the switch setting and vice virsa. Then put them back in and see if there is anything strange with the flippers. If so your node board is broken. Mine had the same issue the connecter on the node board that connects to the optoboard was broken. Even touching that connecter made the switch hit happen.

#7640 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

10 fossils
3.6 Billion Score
30 rescues
BTW my best Escape from Nublar time is 3:36[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Obviously you're playing amazingly even despite this, but I don't believe that's where the top flipper should be at all... That's gotta be jacking up your game a bit.

#7641 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Yes, I would indeed start with a Node board change. So get both out. Make the nr 8 the nr 9 via the switch setting and vice virsa. Then put them back in and see if there is anything strange with the flippers. If so your node board is broken. Mine had the same issue the connecter on the node board that connects to the optoboard was broken. Even touching that connecter made the switch hit happen.

Well, i belive that i already made a similiar test with the same result (touching the optoboard outside made the hit happen) i belive that can be also the optoboard no?
I guess the only way to despite this is to actually change the nodeboards and see what happens...

#7642 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Are you saying the flipper feels weak or hard to time the shot? Should be no problem making that shot if aimed well. I turned down the power of the upper flipper and still no problem making it. One thing to check is if flipper is binding at all. Move it by hand and check for any resistance.

#7643 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Regards

Bang on the playfield and see if that triggers opto. Might just be a bad opto where vibrations set it off. Had that problem on my ST pro.

#7644 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Some here have had a problem with the ball hitting the left (lower) mounting screw on the metal flap at the ramp entrance. I’d start by looking there. Roll a ball around and see if it hits that screw. Maybe try to get a slow-mo video.
There have been a few solutions that I’ve read-filing down the screw, lower profile screw etc. A search will help you find those. I, personally, removed the metal flap all together and put a piece of Mylar at that transition point. It has improved my ramp shot success by quite a bit.

#7645 3 years ago

Version 1.03 is out! Mainly adding DJ mode.

Though....maybe I'm doing something wrong. To totally kill the current game on newer sterns, can't you hold the left flipper and start button at the same time to go back to attract mode?

#7646 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Version 1.03 is out! Mainly adding DJ mode.
Though....maybe I'm doing something wrong. To totally kill the current game on newer sterns, can't you hold the left flipper and start button at the same time to go back to attract mode?

Wow... That's all they added?! Weak. I think there goes hopes of seeing things like cooperative play in the future.

#7647 3 years ago

OK - so what is DJ mode?

V1.03.0 - October 27th, 2020
============================
- DJ Mixer - added to game mode menu

#7648 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Obviously you're playing amazingly even despite this, but I don't believe that's where the top flipper should be at all... That's gotta be jacking up your game a bit.

Thanks. I was wondering about that!
I guess I got used to it like that!
I have to look into it

#7649 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OK - so what is DJ mode?

Nevermind - not sure what music on this pin I want to sit and listen to ... but ok

#7650 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

OK - so what is DJ mode?

Something that's not worth updating for.. It was first released in TMNT - it lets you play the different music from the game without playing the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 21,294 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/153?hl=gordonshumway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.