(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 424.
#7551 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You can still buy them nib.

I think they just made another run of them. Picked up mine NIB 2 weeks ago.

#7552 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks so much for this info!!! I did get the fossil award too! Really appreciate the detailed explanation

No problem at all, but can't take credit for it.. If you aren't already intimately familiar with this page, then you're going to enjoy reading through it! I'm on about my 30th read now...

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#7553 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have one on order...deposit paid.... February....

#7554 3 years ago

My right lower flipper keeps getting stuck up. Also, the upper one will be weak sometimes. What is causing this?

#7555 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

My right lower flipper keeps getting stuck up. Also, the upper one will be weak sometimes. What is causing this?

Coils stops likely failed

#7556 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Coils stops likely failed

I agree, buy 3 coil stops and replace them all. Cheap, easy, done.

#7557 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Sort of...there’s a wait list, and it’s long....See that thread about stern being back ordered by about 5000 games? Pinball is healthy and strong during COVID. But, I don’t think the factory is allowed to run at full capacity.

#7558 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sort of...there’s a wait list, and it’s long....See that thread about stern being back ordered by about 5000 games? Pinball is healthy and strong during COVID. But, I don’t think the factory is allowed to run at full capacity.

I started that thread...

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I started that thread...

Well that’s ironic

#7560 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I agree, buy 3 coil stops and replace them all. Cheap, easy, done.

When I looked at it. Coil stops are rubber/black in this game? And that's what is failing? I've seen the posts about them failing. Seems odd on a game with low plays? 750. Anyways. Thanks.

#7561 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

When I looked at it. Coil stops are rubber/black in this game? And that's what is failing? I've seen the posts about them failing. Seems odd on a game with low plays? 750. Anyways. Thanks.

No the coil stops are at the other end of the coil the metal part. search and you will find.

#7562 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

These, and yeah, Stern had a bad run of them. They failed like crazy. Good news is they're cheap and easy to replace.

Screenshot_20201023-081248_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201023-081248_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#7563 3 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Does it feel like it's binding when you move it by hand?

#7564 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I started that thread...

Where is this thread?

#7566 3 years ago

Thanks Scribbles. That's more like what I'm used to seeing.

#7567 3 years ago

Hi,
Anyone experience when pressing the right flipper it register a hit truck?

#7568 3 years ago

Just a guess, if it is the right flipper only, there is an upper right flipper, could be triggering due to vibrations. I would start there? As far as I know (I am a new owner, forgive me) the truck sensors are two optical switches under the playfield. I don't know how a vibration would easily trigger that, but I would start there!

Do you have a shaker motor?

#7569 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Just a guess, if it is the right flipper only, there is an upper right flipper, could be triggering due to vibrations. I would start there? As far as I know (I am a new owner, forgive me) the truck sensors are two optical switches under the playfield. I don't know how a vibration would easily trigger that, but I would start there!
Do you have a shaker motor?

Indeed i have a shaker, but i will check for vibrations triggering the truck sensors, thanks.

#7570 3 years ago

I had that problem. Was a bad connector on the node board just below the captive ball. I got fake trex hits. Distributor changed the nodeboard and all was well.

#7571 3 years ago

Have become addicted to Escape Nublar Challenge ...

All time #1 game

Jurassic Park - Challenge (resized).jpgJurassic Park - Challenge (resized).jpg
#7572 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a 2019 model Pro. Happy to see that it seems to have no pooling or chipping or other playfield issues that seemed to occur on this vintage of games.

Traded my TMNT Pro for it straight up. I enjoyed TMNT while I had it (only a few months) but I much prefer the structure of the rules on an Elwin game (not that I am very good at playing, though!)

#7573 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Just joined the club with a 2019 model Pro. Happy to see that it seems to have no pooling or chipping or other playfield issues that seemed to occur on this vintage of games.
Traded my TMNT Pro for it straight up. I enjoyed TMNT while I had it (only a few months) but I much prefer the structure of the rules on an Elwin game (not that I am very good at playing, though!)

I've not played TMNT, but from what I've read and heard about it, you made a great trade. Enjoy the glory that is JP!!

#7574 3 years ago

Hey everyone. I just picked up a JP pro last week NIB. I got it home and I have a couple of issues. I've been searching this post but can't find exactly what I've looking for. My 2 problems are:

You can make a nice shot to the Trex ramp but it will spit it back at you or fly off the ramp occasionally.

Also a lot of the time when I auto plunge, the ball won't do the 180 turn and just trickles down to a flipper.

Other than that, the game has been pretty fun!

#7575 3 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey everyone. I just picked up a JP pro last week NIB. I got it home and I have a couple of issues. I've been searching this post but can't find exactly what I've looking for. My 2 problems are:
You can make a nice shot to the Trex ramp but it will spit it back at you or fly off the ramp occasionally.
Also a lot of the time when I auto plunge, the ball won't do the 180 turn and just trickles down to a flipper.
Other than that, the game has been pretty fun!

For the Trex shot, make sure the entry flap is flat, and try lowering your flipper power. Most here agree, they're too strong from the factory. The 180 horseshoe, has a couple fixes. One is a stronger spring on the plunger, another is adding a small washer under the left "finger" at the beginning of the metal guide. And lastly, the auto plunger teeth may need a slight bend to line up properly.

#7576 3 years ago

try lowering your flipper power. Most here agree, they're too strong from the factory.

What strength do you recommend?

#7577 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/28#post-5255575

#7578 3 years ago

I'll have to check mine when I get home. I forget what # I settled on. I just set it to recommendations from others and it works well.

#7579 3 years ago

For the Trex shot, make sure the entry flap is flat, and try lowering your flipper power. Most here agree, they're too strong from the factory. The 180 horseshoe, has a couple fixes. One is a stronger spring on the plunger, another is adding a small washer under the left "finger" at the beginning of the metal guide. And lastly, the auto plunger teeth may need a slight bend to line up properly.

Oddly, Stern specs the Orange (higher tension) spring for the plunger on the factory documents, but ships the Green (lower) one on nearly all production units. There is one school of thought that Stern engineering realized this half-pipe issue and reduced the spring to a lower tension to try an alleviate that mis-launch. In addition, most folks have reduced their auto-launch coil to around 200 or so. In my experience, when I manually launch using something in the 'middle', it does the half-pipe properly nearly 100% of the time. When I launch with a full extension of the plunger, it misses fairly often. I replaced the Orange spring that I had 'upgraded' back to the factory-shipped green spring too.

But as always, YMMV

#7580 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Oddly, Stern specs the Orange (higher tension) spring for the plunger on the factory documents, but ships the Green (lower) one on nearly all production units. There is one school of thought that Stern engineering realized this half-pipe issue and reduced the spring to a lower tension to try an alleviate that mis-launch. In addition, most folks have reduced their auto-launch coil to around 200 or so. In my experience, when I manually launch using something in the 'middle', it does the half-pipe properly nearly 100% of the time. When I launch with a full extension of the plunger, it misses fairly often. I replaced the Orange spring that I had 'upgraded' back to the factory-shipped green spring too.
But as always, YMMV

I'm the same... half plunge all the time now, auto-launch power reduced to 190

#7581 3 years ago

Added star post lights and Ball trough light today. Was trying to get an inexpensive middle playfield illumination improvement without spotlights

AB1ECB6E-75CF-4D00-9A6B-C98B3E516F91 (resized).jpegAB1ECB6E-75CF-4D00-9A6B-C98B3E516F91 (resized).jpeg
#7583 3 years ago

Deez

#7584 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Does anybody know what size nut he is putting under the left finger?

Just a thin washer is all that's necessary. The finger in that pic looks to be a bit high in my opinion.

Lol, indeed.

#7585 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Does anybody know what size nut he is putting under the left finger?

I put a stainless steel #4 washer under the fork. You want the washer to sit down IN the milled cavity for the fork. It should NOT be so large that it sits on top of the clearcoat. Also, some washers are thicker than others and I did not measure the thickness of the washer I used. You might use two washers if they are too thin. It doesn't take too much movement of the fork to make a difference. But it takes some experimenting...

#7586 3 years ago

Has anyone had luck with adjusting the right ramp corkscrew so the ball smoothly exits to the upper right flipper? I've tried making some adjustments by loosening the top/front screw and repositioning that wireform, but I'm unable to find a sweet spot where I can get consistently smooth exits without the ball kinda clunking around and sometimes bouncing away from the upper right flipper.

#7587 3 years ago

Been looking at a new NIB. Was almost ready to go with Munster's, then got back on JP and now leaning hard here. I've gotten a little input via a M & JP owner, and thought I'd ask some opinion here.

For less than 2K difference, how does everyone feel about the Pro vs. Premium? Reliability of both? And lastly, I've gotten some quotes from a few Pinside vendors. Does anyone have any smokin' hot places to buy?

Thanks.

#7588 3 years ago

I just spent entirely too much time looking at the topic gallery and google for photos of the Stern art blades installed in a game. I came up dry- does anyone have a photo of the Stern art blades installed in their game? (not the LE, obviously)

#7589 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I just spent entirely too much time looking at the topic gallery and google for photos of the Stern art blades installed in a game. I came up dry- does anyone have a photo of the Stern art blades installed in their game? (not the LE, obviously)

Post 7511

#7590 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/151#post-5917998

#7591 3 years ago

Thank you both...I saw that post and didn't realize they were the same ones. They look a lot different in the machine than they do by themselves.

#7592 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Been looking at a new NIB. Was almost ready to go with Munster's, then got back on JP and now leaning hard here. I've gotten a little input via a M & JP owner, and thought I'd ask some opinion here.
For less than 2K difference, how does everyone feel about the Pro vs. Premium? Reliability of both? And lastly, I've gotten some quotes from a few Pinside vendors. Does anyone have any smokin' hot places to buy?
Thanks.

Personally the pro was the right fit for me. A lot of people swear by the moving T-Rex, but to me I don't find it worth the additional investment. Additioanlly, I've watched several videos of premium play and feel like the T-Rex grabbing the ball and the raptor gate slow down gameplay too much for my taste.

#7593 3 years ago

Thanks.

If you will need support/warranty assistance, buy local. A good local distributor will work with you to resolve any problems, will likely deliver the unit and help with any ongoing maintenace or warranty issues. (notice I said GOOD).

BUT, If that is not an issue for you, consider the Internet to be your friend. Some of the best online distributors will offer free shipping, no tax and even a discount for paying 'cash'. On a $7500 purchase, those fees can add $1000 or more to your cost! I recently got a NIB from Jason at Classic Game Rooms in GA and had no issues.

My recommendation: There are a handful of great distributors around that you could find on the Internet, find their best price and then BEFORE placing the order, ask here for opinions on working with them.

#7594 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thank you both...I saw that post and didn't realize they were the same ones. They look a lot different in the machine than they do by themselves.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of them installed (I've had the same opinion on some other pin blades). Just because the art looks great, doesn't mean it is well scaled or positioned when installed.

#7595 3 years ago

Thanks.

That's a hard one. The trex grabbing the ball adds a lot of fun and moments to the game. It's really a personal choice. I enjoy watching it grab the ball, chomp it down, and then roar. The captive raptor ball is pretty neat. In my opinion no pinball is worth what these cost now, but if you're willing to pay the price you might as well have the fully featured game. So far the premiums have been holding their value better than the pros, many people like the premium

#7596 3 years ago

Had the same 2 issues. You have to adjust the flipper strength and it will work.

#7597 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Had the same 2 issues. You have to adjust the flipper strength and it will work.

I adjusted all my flipper strengths to 225 and that seems to have done the trick. My auto plunge is already at 190 so I might drop it or I might add the #4 stainless steel washer that was spoken of above

#7598 3 years ago

Can anyone list the difference between the Pro and Premium. Excuse me if there is a simple place to look, but the Stern site really doesn't show a bullet list.

#7599 3 years ago

Can anyone list the difference between the Pro and Premium. Excuse me if there is a simple place to look, but the Stern site really doesn't show a bullet list.

Besides the artwork on the cab and back glass, its 2 things. The moving Trex head, and a gate that lowers in front of the raptor pit. That's it. Oh, and a raptor toy that moves a bit when hit.

#7600 3 years ago

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Jurassic-Park-Feature-Matrix.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/152?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.