(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,295 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 426.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Instead of arguing and complaining with each other online for who has the better build quality, why not take the time to call the stern, jjp or spooky and complain? Spooky doesnt get a free pass in this as my tna still has chipping under the neoprene washers.
Thats awesome alice cooper doesnt have the problem but what about all the tna owners who do?

I think you'll find I was pretty loud in complaining about this issue!

#652 4 years ago

So has anyone had any luck with stopping ball hang ups in the raptor pit without removing the gate?

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Not only is JJP standing behind there product they have gone way above what they had to do.
Example: my WOZ is 2nd owner and made in 2015?
Any issue I ever have the send replacement parts and help with installation questions Free.
My Hobbit which is a route purchase and 28,000 games played same thing. I told JJP hey to be fair I'm not original owner and it's high plays?
There response "we want to take care of all of our customers ". They shipped parts needed no charge.
Wonka same thing and got back to me crazy fast.
Now I'm just a regular collector with no pull in the pinball world.
So in closing You either work for Stern?
Or are making things up?
Perhaps your miss informed?
Anyway there you have it

So JJP wanted to charge me for replacements screens I didn't actually need on a Dialed in. So seems weird...

Stern:

Total replacement GB Premium playfield, Star Trek board, complete mech for IMDN, no problems...

Neil.

#654 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

So has anyone had any luck with stopping ball hang ups in the raptor pit without removing the gate?

Seems my angle was a lil steep... after raising it a smidge i hardly ever get hung up.

#655 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Does anyone have a pic of how the gate is supposed to be?

I was getting ball hang ups there but it was before I set the game up properly. When I moves the machine in place and get it 75% set up, it still happened and to the gate looked crooked to me. I thought it was weird and was going to take a closer look and then the next shot it broke. Just wondering if there is any connection.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So JJP wanted to charge me for replacements screens I didn't actually need on a Dialed in. So seems weird...
Stern:
Total replacement GB Premium playfield, Star Trek board, complete mech for IMDN, no problems...
Neil.

I have had good support from Stern, sent me a part at no cost for a machine that I was the second owner of

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Stern:
Neil.

Don't get me wrong I like Stern a ton

Sad you had a bad JJP experience.
I've had great service.

Never needed Stern service because everything I got was perfect. I had a later run GB premium
Great game

#658 4 years ago

Here are some pics of my JPark on route in San Antonio. Note in the first pic under the left pop the art decal is punctured by the post. 300 games played.

Contacted my distributor and awaiting answer back.

1F9E22C4-5B8A-4237-81EC-49BE25CC27FF (resized).jpeg1F9E22C4-5B8A-4237-81EC-49BE25CC27FF (resized).jpeg87F4D379-DE1F-48F1-A116-CD4E92EC66E7 (resized).jpeg87F4D379-DE1F-48F1-A116-CD4E92EC66E7 (resized).jpeg8B9644F6-2F09-4DE5-A161-2B6C4886709C (resized).jpeg8B9644F6-2F09-4DE5-A161-2B6C4886709C (resized).jpeg8D151A34-C4F3-4BBF-9D03-EAFEF39C137B (resized).jpeg8D151A34-C4F3-4BBF-9D03-EAFEF39C137B (resized).jpegBF8E51FB-EA39-46BF-82A1-A8B0F8D8F83E (resized).jpegBF8E51FB-EA39-46BF-82A1-A8B0F8D8F83E (resized).jpeg
#659 4 years ago

Thanks for the pictures I appreciate you letting us know the ones who have one ordered.

#660 4 years ago

I'm just wondering what the certainty is that all of those will eventually crack? I didn't see any "pools" on my star posts, but you can see little ripples in around 6 posts on my machine. For the heck of it I looked at Munsters and that had them too. That's sitting at about 500 plays and none seem to be cracking. Close to 100 on my JP right now.

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I'm just wondering what the certainty is that all of those will eventually crack? I didn't see any "pools" on my star posts, but you can see little ripples in around 6 posts on my machine. For the heck of it I looked at Munsters and that had them too. That's sitting at about 500 plays and none seem to be cracking. Close to 100 on my JP right now.

No one can answer for sure. At some point it will happen. Whether it is time or plays we don’t know. And every PF is different. Some have already deteriorated rapidly. Others may take quite a while.

#662 4 years ago

I wonder if this is why stern sends out the pros first to work out the issues. They would rather have the issues show up on the cheaper model than the expensive model. My friend sent an email to stern about this and in a nutshell they should engineering is working on this and feel they are getting a handle on it. Pros seem to be the guinea pig for stern.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My understanding is that star posts get a lot of vibrating from the solenoids in the slingshots. Perhaps this is why they are prone to wear if not cleared right?

#664 4 years ago

The raptor gate issue can be fixed by bending it. You want it to stick slightly farther into the back of the pit.

Fiddle around with it and you will see how to do that, but it essentially involves bending the gate arm (on the right side), so that the gate sticks farther in when at rest.

As you are fiddling with it, you can just have a ball on hand to test if the ball will still get hung up. At some point, you’ll have bent the wire just enough that you can’t make the ball stick anymore on that left post without having it roll out of the area.

#665 4 years ago

Been reading all these threads on pooling/chipping
and my ocd ass just checked all my posts on my GOTG
pro (build date June 2018) and there is some minor pooling around
several posts. Never noticed it before . No chipping so keeping
fingers crossed.

#666 4 years ago

I am no expert but looks to me like they assembled some playfields before all the layers of clear were cured. The pressure from the posts cause sinking into the soft clear which causes it to pool from the bottom up. Just a guess but thats what seems to make sense to me. If that's the case it should be all good once the clear has completely cured. Maybe chipping could happen if these posts loosen up and move when the ball hits them. If I were a Pro owner I would tighten everything up under these 'pooling' areas. As the posts sink they will become loose.

Makes sense to me but maybe i am way off...

#667 4 years ago

Friendly moderator notice:

This is a club thread with club specific rules. This is not a thread to debate JJP vs Stern manufacturer issues.

#668 4 years ago

So far I've had to adjust me dual leaf switch for the 3rd flipper to work some, but after enough manipulation its fine.

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I am no expert but looks to me like they assembled some playfields before all the layers of clear were cured.

Guy who works in the clearcoat industry was on the TWIP podcast today. He said any properly mixed clearcoat should be cured enough after 7 days to "return to service." In his opinion, any clear that is still malleable weeks or months later didn't have enough hardener in the mix and will never stiffen up. In other words, it's as cured as it's gonna get. That's just one professional's conjecture from seeing photos, but it makes sense to me.

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Guy who works in the clearcoat industry was on the TWIP podcast today. He said any properly mixed clearcoat should be cured enough after 7 days to "return to service." In his opinion, any clear that is still malleable weeks or months later didn't have enough hardener in the mix and will never stiffen up. In other words, it's as cured as it's gonna get. That's just one professional's conjecture from seeing photos, but it makes sense to me.

Makes sense but how do we know how long these playfields actually cured before assembly? Who knows... and someone else I thought mentioned that clear cures at different rates depending on climate etc. So again who knows. They will figure it out soon but how will they fix those affected... that is the question.

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

any clear that is still malleable weeks or months later didn't have enough hardener in the mix and will never stiffen up. In other words, it's as cured as it's gonna get.

Uh oh Spaghettios.

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I wonder if this is why stern sends out the pros first to work out the issues. They would rather have the issues show up on the cheaper model than the expensive model. My friend sent an email to stern about this and in a nutshell they should engineering is working on this and feel they are getting a handle on it. Pros seem to be the guinea pig for stern.

Are you saying you got an email back stating engineering is working on a fix?

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

not me a friend with an le on order has contacted them and yes they know about the issue and engineers are working on it. At least it was caught pretty early.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Makes sense but how do we know how long these playfields actually cured before assembly?

Sorry to drag JJP into this, but using Wonka as an example: if those playfields are made in Germany by Mirco, it's hard to imagine they're installing star posts less than 7 days after clear is applied. At least one person said he could still mark a JJPOTC playfield with his thumbnail months later.

Stern could very well be assembling less than a week after clear, but their issue looks exactly like the recent JJP issue.

#675 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

not me a friend with an le on order has contacted them and yes they know about the issue and engineers are working on it. At least it was caught pretty early.

That’s a big deal, i called support and was not told of any changes as if yet.

#676 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern could very well be assembling less than a week after clear, but their issue looks exactly like the recent JJP issue.

Well if its a bad clear mixture then it a pretty easy fix for Stern... throw out all the remaining playfields and start over. There is no other fix! But again we are all guessing at this point.

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Well if its a bad clear mixture then it a pretty easy fix for Stern... throw out all the remaining playfields and start over. There is no other fix! But again we are all guessing at this point.

They can strip, rescreen and clear an already cut play field. Not as devastating as it sounds but it will take time.

#678 4 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

What Will happen if you'd like to disassemble for cleaning or fixing some thing?
What Will Come loose beside the nut and post?

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

"We have top men working on this right now. Top. Men."

If I was to guess, the first "fix" will be from the assembly side - like a complete metal plate under the slings to disperse the pressure.

Followed by working on the clear itself - but that would take time and they already have a lot of playfields in stock that need to be assembled.

#680 4 years ago

so I'm going back and forth on pro vs premium. At first I was 100% you're crazy if you don't go premium but the more I think about it, is it really worth it? I like the chomping but is that worth 1700+? If this wasn't a sickness, I would say of course not but I don't know - ton of money for it. The raptor pen is cool but whatever, same with helicopter.

Hmmmmmm

This is not factoring in chipgate btw - let's assume no pf....

#681 4 years ago

Head to Head pinball podcast had an interesting interview with Keith. Good insight on design

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm going back and forth on pro vs premium. At first I was 100% you're crazy if you don't go premium but the more I think about it, is it really worth it? I like the chomping but is that worth 1700+? If this wasn't a sickness, I would say of course not but I don't know - ton of money for it. The raptor pen is cool but whatever, same with helicopter.
Hmmmmmm

I think premium/LE is the way to go. I suspect the raptor pen will be one of those things that is underrated visually, but will be a lot of fun once you try it.

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmmmmmm

It shouldn't even be a question now. Why would you buy a pro the guinea pig of the 3 models. You have to buy premium now. They will definitely have the playfield and other issues worked out by then. Buying a pro is a big gamble unless you wait and but a late build pro.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

At first I was 100% you're crazy if you don't go premium but the more I think about it, is it really worth it? I like the chomping but is that worth 1700+?

It isn't worth it, and it never was. You're gonna sell the goddamn thing in 4 months, you need to maximize resale

#685 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It isn't worth it, and it never was. You're gonna sell the goddamn thing in 4 months, you need to maximize resale

haha - games last longer with themes I love......but you're prob right. haha who knows.

As for the cracking, I agree about not buying now. Just commenting on pro vs prem.

#686 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Well said!

#687 4 years ago

Amount of dino ball eatings per play would help us a little more and I'm not sure on the number.

#688 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You have to buy premium now. They will definitely have the playfield and other issues worked out by then.

What if they already made LE playfields (with issues), kick them down the road to be premium playfields, and make new, better LE playfields? I mean, probably not, but maybe.

#689 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

haha - games last longer with themes I love......but you're prob right. haha who knows.

Ok so 5 months for themes you really love.
Plenty of time to monetize the dino chomping.

I kid.

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmmmmmm

If it wasn’t for that back glass I would be questioning it as well. It’s the little thing that helps push me to the premium ha ha

#691 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok so 5 months for themes you really love.
Plenty of time to monetize the dino chomping.
I kid.

Hey believe me - I deserve it. Not lost on me! I think even 5mths could be pushing it with themes I love!

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

They will definitely have the playfield and other issues worked out by then.

Quoted from yancy:

What if they already made LE playfields (with issues), kick them down the road to be premium playfields,...

You guys both might be forgetting people are having these issues with games made well before JP; but just noticing it now.
I'm not going all "its aliens" dude and asking how long Stern has known, but I'm also not going full fanboy and just assuming now that they know (that we know) that everything will just be fixed up nice and tidy.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You guys both might be forgetting people are having these issues with games made well before JP; but just noticing it now.
I'm not going all "its aliens" dude and asking how long Stern has known, but I'm also not going full fanboy and just assuming now that they know (that we know) that everything will just be fixed up nice and tidy.

Its probably all just over blown anyway since it took this long for people to complain. No one was complaining about this with other titles that I know of. Seems like it is just started to get noticed which is good and now it can be taken care of.

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

They can strip, rescreen and clear an already cut play field. Not as devastating as it sounds but it will take time.

More likely they will be resold to a 3rd party as spares

#695 4 years ago

Just notice my game has some posts that have this as well. It was hard to tell but it is there.

I’ll send an email to the distributor with some pictures but I’m not getting my hopes up.

#696 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Just notice my game has some posts that have this as well. It was hard to tell but it is there.
I’ll send an email to the distributor with some pictures but I’m not getting my hopes up.

damn. Sorry to hear as I remember you talking about your game earlier

I can't believe how pervasive this issue is.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

damn. Sorry to hear as I remember you talking about your game earlier
I can't believe how pervasive this issue is.

Yeah it stinks but DAMN the game is fun!

With how widespread it is I really don’t see much being done for those with the games already unless these start chipping away really horribly.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Honest question: is the absolute amount of money lost on resale of a premium greater than the amount of money lost on resale of a pro? That seems to be what you’re suggesting.

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

Those should be slim post sleeves, minus one regular size to protect the right side of the left ramp.

Thanks for the tip before I order. Hope the original poster updates the list. They linked to your channel!

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

No one was complaining about this with other titles that I know of. Seems like it is just started to get noticed which is good and now it can be taken care of.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

I've got a Metallica and an AC/DC Luci VE that I bought NIB last year. The Luci VE has the blistering issue...

Quoted from phoenixpin:

Honest question: is the absolute amount of money lost on resale of a premium greater than the amount of money lost on resale of a pro? That seems to be what you’re suggesting.

It's a good question and my ASSumption is it's true. I keep hearing people say they/people are losing a grand on a game resale; which is more than I have ever "lost" on a pro. Now of course that could just be people talking jive for all i know, and since I never buy Prem+ I'm not really hip on their pricing as a whole

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,999.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/14?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.