(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13,890 posts
  • 1,060 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 minutes ago by RobF
  • Topic is favorited by 548 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C1EDD3A4-9DC8-4809-89F6-07D0AFA4F22C (resized).jpeg
5990C9A9-3151-4E47-9441-4D6700527263 (resized).jpeg
RaptorGate (resized).jpg
2ADE470B-6BDE-40A5-8818-44CAA4CB7AB6 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220516-115053-257 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20220516-003232-715 (resized).png
20220515_140633 (resized).jpg
IMG_7280 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7291 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7289 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7282 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7290 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220514_082302275 (resized).jpg
EFBC7ABB-350B-43AD-A95A-9AAE5C7750F7.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 278.
#7401 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I believe you can change the power of the coils in settings?

Yes my friend, it´s on is max i belive

#7402 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Im also in...
Playfield Protector
Shaker
Home Made Pinstadium
Transparent Titam Rubbers
One question, ive level the machine at 7 degrees and i can hit all the shots with no problems, but i find them a bit slow, im considering upgrade the coils with this ones, what do you think, any one with this issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-090-5020-2ot-flipper-coil.html
Regards
[quoted image]

What exactly are you finding to be slow? The flipper reaction time? Or are you saying your flippers feel weak?

#7403 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Im also in...
Playfield Protector
Shaker
Home Made Pinstadium
Transparent Titam Rubbers
One question, ive level the machine at 7 degrees and i can hit all the shots with no problems, but i find them a bit slow, im considering upgrade the coils with this ones, what do you think, any one with this issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-090-5020-2ot-flipper-coil.html
Regards
[quoted image]

This game has been out about a year, and I don't recall anyone here writing that they think the shots on this game are slow. I have mine at about 6.8 degrees and it's a very fast flowing game when the shots are hit cleanly.

#7404 1 year ago

I had two firsts I wanted to share. First first was the invalid mode. Scored 393 million! That was a ton of fun. Second was breaking a billion thanks to that and some decent progress through the map

PXL_20201012_002129905 (resized).jpg
#7405 1 year ago

I've ordered a premium that should be here later this month. Looking at everyone's mods has got me super excited for the game even more than I was before. I've noticed that some have replaced the newton ball truck with a more movie correct Jeep. Can you point me to which toy you used to make that change? I think that is something I want to do to mine when I get it. Thanks!

#7406 1 year ago
Quoted from verbekecobra:

I've ordered a premium that should be here later this month. Looking at everyone's mods has got me super excited for the game even more than I was before. I've noticed that some have replaced the newton ball truck with a more movie correct Jeep. Can you point me to which toy you used to make that change? I think that is something I want to do to mine when I get it. Thanks!

It's the JADA 1:43 Jurassic Jeep

#7407 1 year ago

I have one of the first-run 2019 JPs, with art under the posts. I needed a break from it, so I've had it on location for the past 3 months, made $450 over about 1300 games (I charge a flat $150 a month). I went to clean it up today, and I'm happy to say that there's no pooling and the game still looks like the day I slid it out of the box, aside from the normal dimpling. The arcade owner is happy - he said it's still one of the most popular games, and even though I don't get paid per-play, that makes me happy. If he keeps it another 3 months, I'll have a nice $900 off my cost basis.

I was thinking of selling JP for Led Zeppelin when it comes out, but after playing today I want to keep it. Something else will be sacrificed for LZ.

#7408 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

What exactly are you finding to be slow? The flipper reaction time? Or are you saying your flippers feel weak?

The flippers fell weak, the right one, the left one is quite nice

#7409 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This game has been out about a year, and I don't recall anyone here writing that they think the shots on this game are slow. I have mine at about 6.8 degrees and it's a very fast flowing game when the shots are hit cleanly.

Maybe i dont make myself clear, i mean the flippers fell weak, the right one. The game is superflow if you make the shots right.

#7410 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Maybe i dont make myself clear, i mean the flippers fell weak, the right one. The game is superflow if you make the shots right.

Have you double checked that the coil stop on the flipper assembly is still solid - this has been an issue especially with JP. The coil stop nub has a tendency to become loose and eventually detach itself from the bracket of the coil stop that it is fixed to - this quite often results in a weak flipper

#7411 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you double checked that the coil stop on the flipper assembly is still solid - this has been an issue especially with JP. The coil stop nub has a tendency to become loose and eventually detach itself from the bracket of the coil stop that it is fixed to - this quite often results in a weak flipper

I will tripple check that for sure, thanks.
If i dont find the solution im going to order the coils and give feedback of it.

#7412 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

If i dont find the solution im going to order the coils and give you feedback of it.

And the lower flippers are positioned with the centre of the bat aligned to the dot in the PF? I do find my timing sometimes off especially in hitting the left ramp and not sure if that is because JP is designed to have the flippers in a drooped position, whereas I'm so used to my B/W machines where that bat is directly lined up with the return lane guide.

Also is there any difference in the amount of play (movement) of the right bat and flipper linkage compared to the left one?

#7413 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

If i dont find the solution im going to order the coils and give feedback of it.

From your posts, it sounds like you just got this thing. I would not order new coils to correct an issue the factory warranty should cover. Stock, out of the box, Stern flippers are plenty strong. If yours are not, there is a problem. Like others mentioned, broken coil stops are a common thing. Could also be something else mechanical. Does the weak flipper feel more resistant than the others, when operating by hand?

#7414 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

And the lower flippers are positioned with the centre of the bat aligned to the dot in the PF? I do find my timing sometimes off especially in hitting the left ramp and not sure if that is because JP is designed to have the flippers in a drooped position, whereas I'm so used to my B/W machines where that bat is directly lined up with the return lane guide.
Also is there any difference in the amount of play (movement) of the right bat and flipper linkage compared to the left one?

The two lower flippers indeed should be positioned using the playfield dot at the exact bat tip center. (The upper flipper does NOT follow this assembly practice, and is assembled a bit lower than the dot in the playfield). As for the range of movement, should be identical from the left to right bat... they both travel the exact same distance from rest to energized position.

#7415 1 year ago

Hi! I have a little issue, one of each 10 balls aprox the left ramp do not detected the ball, i've read that the optical sensors do not detected the ball if pass too fast, anyone knows how can i fixed the problem??

Regards!!

#7416 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Try 2 washers, change the autolaunch speed to 200 or 205 for a 7.0 degree pitch angle, make sure your autolauncher is making full contact with the ball in it's travel, may require slight bending, also make sure the plunger rod is striking the ball true and not putting English on the ball which will occasionally send it careening into the rails and get jammed at the pipe. Check the plunger tip, if it is worn, it may be angle the ball on striking. If the rod isn't lined up perfectly dead center on the ball, you can use some small washers (1 did the trick for mine) to go on the top left or right faceplate screw assembly to slightly angle the rod to bring it back to true. Lastly, if your rod came with a green spring, I would recommend changing it to orange, unless you got a custom amber rod as they are orange from factory. Not single thing is going to work by itself, but it's a combo of them all and dialing it in. I can get about a 95% rate of success between auto and manuals...it's just the quirks of this lane it seems

Good tips. I went from 6.5 to 7.0 degree pitch. Strange that such a small change makes a difference but it does. Game plays better. Previous owner install a fat washer under the left ramp fork. Removing that and using a stiffer blue spring gets me around 80-90% success. I turned up auto plunge to 200 but might need a bit more. More power definitely helps. Like to get success rate closer to 100% but hard to work on game instead of playing. Love how this game plays. Every game feels unique and challenging.

#7417 1 year ago
Quoted from RGAires:

That's why I was asking I bet you just need to replace the coil stop. Not the whole coil. Cheap and easy fix.

#7418 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

That's why I was asking I bet you just need to replace the coil stop. Not the whole coil. Cheap and easy fix.

I will check it, ive also order some coil stops, i see is a common issue on this JP Another thing, ive replace the flipper rubber to some yellow ones that i had in stock, and it also improved the felling on the flipper.
Anyway i will order them, no problem to have coils in stock.

#7419 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The two lower flippers indeed should be positioned using the playfield dot at the exact bat tip center. (The upper flipper does NOT follow this assembly practice, and is assembled a bit lower than the dot in the playfield). As for the range of movement, should be identical from the left to right bat... they both travel the exact same distance from rest to energized position.

I do not have my lower flippers positioned this way. I line them up even with the ball return guide. It plays so much better. I can’t stand droopy flippers.

#7420 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I do not have my lower flippers positioned this way. I line them up even with the ball return guide. It plays so much better. I can’t stand droopy flippers.

Your machine, so you can set them up however you like. Keith mentioned on this thread that he intentionally drooped the flippers for wide shots, I guess it makes it's easier for those less experienced players however this does make it a little different for hitting the longer shots.

#7421 1 year ago

Are more software updates expected?

#7422 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are more software updates expected?

Yea at some point. Keith hinted at coop in this thread a couple of months ago.

#7423 1 year ago

Hi anyone have a photo to see the rendering with cool white leds? thank you

#7424 1 year ago

Yeah. All the ramp shots, and shots in general remind me of tight pool table pockets. If you're not right on, the ball rattles and bounces out.

#7425 1 year ago

Just put a Premium at my house! Reading through the thread, though is this a common complaint that the helipad flasher is too exposed and blinding to the player? It is for me..(exposed lights bug me). I saw one person use a Pteranodon wing to cover it, but has something better been devised?
20201012_155026 (resized).jpg

#7426 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Just put a Premium at my house! Reading through the thread, though is this a common complaint that the helipad flasher is too exposed and blinding to the player? It is for me..(exposed lights bug me). I saw one person use a Pteranodon wing to cover it, but has something better been devised?
[quoted image]

Mine must be angled differently. It shines sideways at things, not in my eyes. That white some under the clear plastic on the left drives me crazy.

#7427 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine must be angled differently. It shines sideways at things, not in my eyes. That white some under the clear plastic on the left drives me crazy.

Why you don't text the Boob on these things, I'll never know...

https://www.ulekstore.com/Alt_Control_Room_Plastic_MOD_for_Jurassic_Park_p/cr_alt_plastic.htm

#7428 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Someone in this thread suggested replacing the clear lens with a green one. I did that. Very cheap and will solve the issue you're having

#7429 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]

These signs not only look better, but it fixes the issue of the flasher being exposed

https://mezelmods.com/collections/jurassic-park-pinball-stern/products/jurassic-park-pinball-fossil-sign-covers?variant=30735694364769

#7430 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Someone in this thread suggested replacing the clear lens with a green one. I did that. Very cheap and will solve the issue you're having

I second this. Works great! I usually never have trouble finding the control room I always associate the “C-shot” with C for control room if I get really lost. Who knew this “C” could represent something other than the C in Chaos

#7431 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]

Angle it down on the playfield.

#7432 1 year ago

Yeah, its gotta be the angle. I've never even noticed mine while playing.

#7433 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you guys tell me how your game plays? When I shoot for the helipad ramp, and miss, it drains back out and hits the rubber in the picture. This send the ball all over the place. The rubber in my game is not factory. I did not install it. Maybe it’s fatter? Is the ball supposed to feed back to the right flipper? Or is this the ways it’s designed?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Factory rubber sent it to the left flipper. With titans I got the same problem. It sends it to the left sling. Makes the game much harder. Every miss of that heli ramp hurts. Will have to try and change it sometime.

#7434 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Yeah, its gotta be the angle. I've never even noticed mine while playing.

I'll try angling it down to the PF...but I'm thinking the only fix is trying to angle it more towards the back of the PF...

#7435 1 year ago

I recieved my treX alive mod from yo-yo copter ,took about an hour or so to install,came from France in about a week,adds some life to the pro,moves as switches are hit and during T. rex events ,not a premium but a promium and it’s the best that
We pro owners can do,The head sticks out farther like a premium and looking at it you would think it’s a premium
image (resized).jpg

#7436 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I recieved my treX alive mod from yo-yo copter ,took about an hour or so to install,came from France in about a week,adds some life to the pro,moves as switches are hit and during T. rex events ,not a premium but a promium and it’s the best that
We pro owners can do,The head sticks out farther like a premium and looking at it you would think it’s a premium
[quoted image]

Is there a video anywhere of this in action?

#7437 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Nice I should be getting mine today or tomorrow, any install issues/tips?

#7438 1 year ago

sorry, guys. maybe i'm late to the party. is there a link or thread about the mod? ty.

#7439 1 year ago
Quoted from weaverj:

sorry, guys. maybe i'm late to the party. is there a link or thread about the mod? ty.

Would also love to know. Can't find the yo-yocopter stuff anywhere.

#7441 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Nice I should be getting mine today or tomorrow, any install issues/tips?

Very simple install excellent instructions,no worries.

#7442 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Looks to be a very cool mod. Which switches are being are being used and how does it activate during T-Rex events?

#7443 1 year ago

A couple of new alternate translite versions available. Some good content to the game.

JP ST V1 PST (resized).jpgJP V2 TAPE PST (resized).jpg

#7444 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

A couple of new alternate translite versions available. Some good content to the game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m in love! First one is mine...sign me up

#7445 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Very cool!!

#7446 1 year ago

Those look Amazing !

#7447 1 year ago

Here is a video

It uses the left/right orbits and a bumper switch. It’s also hooked up to the T. rex event light so it works nicely during the events.

#7448 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Looks great. I'd love to see a picture of it on a machine.

#7449 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Here is a video
It uses the left/right orbits and a bumper switch. It’s also hooked up to the T. rex event light so it works nicely during the events.

Thank you for the vid! Does it also trigger in attract mode?

#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Looks good but it would be too modern for me with the chopper.
But I'm already totally happy with my alternate backglass anyway

I'm sure a lot of people will dig the look.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hampstead, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Mt Vernon, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
6,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Ann Arbor, MI
$ 6.00
There are 13,890 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 278.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!