(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 427.
#7351 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I installed my shooter lane cliffy on the outside, but when I had it apart couldn’t figure out the circled bolts. How do they come out? Pic attached
[quoted image]

Unscrew then tap out lightly from below. It's easier to take the apron off then loosen the one guide rail over the other pin to get it out.

#7352 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I installed my shooter lane cliffy on the outside, but when I had it apart couldn’t figure out the circled bolts. How do they come out? Pic attached
[quoted image]

Cliff really should have better installation instructions, seems like everyone asks this same question. You have to carefully push them out from underneath the playfield.

#7353 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Yes, the light it's flashing red and white, i shoot a full plunge, the ball do the U ramp and later a direct shoot with the flipper to the ramp. But active the paddock.
The machine it's new, comes with 1.02 installed.
Thanks!!

That is weird - it should only reward the skill shot and not activate the paddock on that shot. The fact that it starts the paddock shows that the game did sense the ball on the left ramp. I'm not sure whether there is a setting for turning off the skill shots - do any of the other skill shots work? I would be tempted to do a factory reset ...

Edit: In case you're not familiar with the other secret skill shots, they are:
- short plunge and hit the "C"
- short plunge and hit the "O"
- short plunge and hit the Amber target in the pops

#7354 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Cliff really should have better installation instructions, seems like everyone asks this same question. You have to carefully push them out from underneath the playfield.

^ And by push them out he means hammer them out.

#7355 3 years ago

Another newbie NIB question (sorry)...

Are these visible circle patterns normal on a NIB pin? Only visible in bright, overhead light and at certain angles. Is it just part of the clearcoat? I'm probs being way too pedantic -- new to all this, so sorry if it's been asked a ton.

They're very fine, appear to be sorta everywhere, kinda. I've seen them on other playfields of course, just didn't know if this is normal for a factory pin.

Photo makes it look a bit more pronounced than it looks in person.

Thanks!

imgpin (resized).jpgimgpin (resized).jpg
#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

Are these visible circle patterns normal on a NIB pin? Only visible in bright, overhead light and at certain angles. Is it just part of the clearcoat? I'm probs being way too pedantic -- new to all this, so sorry if it's been asked a ton.
They're very fine, appear to be sorta everywhere, kinda. I've seen them on other playfields of course, just didn't know if this is normal for a factory pin.
Thanks![quoted image]

The best way to fix that is to grab a beer and press the start button.

#7357 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The best way to fix that is to grab a beer and press the start button.

Haha, I like the spirit. Seriously though... thinking maybe I asked a dumb question and this is totally normal?
Beers, regardless.

#7358 3 years ago

Haha, I like the spirit. Seriously though... thinking maybe I asked a dumb question and this is totally normal?
Beers, regardless.

Sterns normal quality! Also, that insert should not be raised - hard to tell from photo.

#7359 3 years ago

Beers, regardless.

You’re all good man. It’s fine. Just play and have some fun. If you read these forums all day, you’ll go insane thinking you need to slap metal and Mylar over everything. It’s a pinball machine. It will be fine. Play the shit out of it and don’t worry about minor things.

#7360 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You’re all good man. It’s fine. Just play and have some fun. If you read these forums all day, you’ll go insane thinking you need to slap metal and Mylar over everything. It’s a pinball machine. It will be fine. Play the shit out of it and don’t worry about minor things.

Testifyyyyy!, (cue the bart simpson clip)

#7361 3 years ago

Thanks![quoted image]

Yeah pretty standard now. Here's what I did. Clean it with some Novus 1 (not Novus 2 which is abrasive), then do a really good waxing with Blitz wax, use whatever lets you get at everything...a little foam ball, an applicator pad, a small microfiber, your hand...let dry for 25 minutes. Lightly buff to a shine...Repeat. I have found with repeated cleaning and waxing, those little swirls go away and the playfield does start to shine a lot. Now I just clean it regularly and wax lightly occasionally. Then turn off the overhead lights and stop trying to find marks and just play...the focus on the little imperfections will fade quickly

#7362 3 years ago

for the cliffy install, when reinstalling those bolts, don't overtighten. i broke off one of mine and had to order a replacement.

#7363 3 years ago

I have a question for prem/LE owners about the red Combo indicator light at the heli pad.
With the last update it should have been fixed but the light still doesn't makes sense to me.
It also lights up during heli blade rotation. The light should flash during an ongoing combo.

#7364 3 years ago

Hello All. Just a reminder that of you're looking for the proper jeep and also need plastic protectors, I ordered to many of both and
have a bundle for sale.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “1. New in box Jada 1/43 Jurassic World Jeep. Works great and fits well in the game in place of the stock 'jeep'. I will include spacers that make mounting to the game easier 2. New...”
2020-10-30
Akron, OH
50 (Firm)
Archived after: 41 days
Viewed: 427 times

#7365 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

That is weird - it should only reward the skill shot and not activate the paddock on that shot. The fact that it starts the paddock shows that the game did sense the ball on the left ramp. I'm not sure whether there is a setting for turning off the skill shots - do any of the other skill shots work? I would be tempted to do a factory reset ...

Doesn’t work any skill shot!! I just restart the pinball and say this

1E4177DE-B40D-4B3C-98D7-2FA99D72405D (resized).jpeg1E4177DE-B40D-4B3C-98D7-2FA99D72405D (resized).jpeg
#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Doesn’t work any skill shot!! I just restart the pinball and say this [quoted image]

...That node error is because you have the coin door open man.

#7367 3 years ago

Thanks![quoted image]

Unless you're planning to install a playfield protector on it (which many don't recommend), I wouldn't worry about these - your playfield is about to get a shit ton worse after playing (dimples, scratches, etc.).. This is not a hobby for perfectionists or worriers - just play it and have fun.

#7368 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

[quoted image]

I believe there is a nylon nut underneath, and you have to gently pound it out with a hammer. I think it's been covered a couple pages ago.

#7369 3 years ago

So my NIB JP (July, 2020) I now notice all the Stern balls are in some way pitted/rusty, right out the box. In my ignorance I didn't check close enough... put about 10 plays on it. But all the balls? On a new Stern? Is this exceptionally unlucky or are they always this dangerous?

Swapping the balls should be part of your regular maintenance, like waxing/polishing/cleaning the playfield and rubber parts. Keep in mind that the balls in the JP machine must be resistant to magnetic shifting. This means the ball itself picks up and retains some magnetization when the Trex grabs it. Some balls are better than others, and usually advertise themselves as magnetic resistant. I think Sterns JP ship with G100's which are also magnetic resistant.

As for shine/finish, remember the lower the number the shinier, so on other machines I have been using some Titan G16's and replacing them every 250 games. I have not done so on my JP due to the magnetic issue and I only have 75 games on it. I may try these next swap. (All six balls!)

#7370 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:You’re all good man. It’s fine. Just play and have some fun. If you read these forums all day, you’ll go insane thinking you need to slap metal and Mylar over everything. It’s a pinball machine. It will be fine. Play the shit out of it and don’t worry about minor things.

Totally agree.

Hope all is well over there in your neck of of the woods brotha! Congrats on grabbing Vittys JP that thing looks sweet!

#7371 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I just resolve the problem!!!!!! the shooter lane switch do not detected the balls, a simply adjust and done!!!!

#7372 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

I just resolve the problem!!!!!! the shooter lane switch do not detected the balls, a simply adjust and done!!!!

Excellent!! And good information for everyone to know. Glad you figured it out.

#7373 3 years ago

Check out this T rex head, by Lior
You will want this for your Jurassic Park, Stern Pinball
Detail is amazing.

Must have mod for sure.

PNG image (resized).pngPNG image (resized).png
#7374 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Detail is amazing.
Must have mod for sure.
[quoted image]

Is that a skin that will work on premium? Count me in!

#7375 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is that a skin that will work on premium? Count me in!

It is a whole replacement head.

#7376 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Jaw would have to be super narrow to fit the ramp correctly.

#7377 3 years ago

How about a more realistic replacement for the bowing velociraptor on Prem/LE?

#7378 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

So I'm guessing it's only a replacement for the pro.

#7379 3 years ago

Can you guys tell me how your game plays? When I shoot for the helipad ramp, and miss, it drains back out and hits the rubber in the picture. This send the ball all over the place. The rubber in my game is not factory. I did not install it. Maybe it’s fatter? Is the ball supposed to feed back to the right flipper? Or is this the ways it’s designed?

50B4B2A8-828E-4259-967E-069E29528B7E (resized).jpeg50B4B2A8-828E-4259-967E-069E29528B7E (resized).jpeg9A065556-365A-416A-AC28-AD3BECC1E821 (resized).jpeg9A065556-365A-416A-AC28-AD3BECC1E821 (resized).jpegF228D6E2-ACD9-480E-A227-DFA1D8332126 (resized).jpegF228D6E2-ACD9-480E-A227-DFA1D8332126 (resized).jpeg
#7380 3 years ago

Those are silicon rubbers and I have the same. Mine will knock the ball to the left flipper on a miss. Helps to take another shot at the heli pad. If ball ball has little momentum, it drops near the right outlane and that is dangerous.

#7381 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you guys tell me how your game plays? When I shoot for the helipad ramp, and miss, it drains back out and hits the rubber in the picture. This send the ball all over the place. The rubber in my game is not factory. I did not install it. Maybe it’s fatter? Is the ball supposed to feed back to the right flipper? Or is this the ways it’s designed?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those appear to be Titan clear rings. I have the exact same ones on my machine. Love em. When I miss a shot, the ball hits that that rubber and bounces to the left flipper. No danger on my machine.

#7382 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Detail is amazing.
Must have mod for sure.

I'm not going to reveal anything from my private conversation with Lior, but be on the lookout sometime today/tomorrow for a new thread where he will be highlighting what he is doing for JP.

#7383 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have the stock rings that came with the game, and mine hits the rubber on the way out of there and bounces over to the left flipper.

#7384 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Detail is amazing.
Must have mod for sure.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm not going to reveal anything from my private conversation with Lior, but be on the lookout sometime today/tomorrow for a new thread where he will be highlighting what he is doing for JP.

here is the all info
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball#post-5900678

#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have this same problem as soon as I put Titan rubbers on. My only suggestion is to go back to stock rubbers on that spot at least.
My game plays much more difficult since I put Titans on. I have Titans on all my other games as well and I don’t find this to be the case.

#7386 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have this same problem as soon as I put Titan rubbers on. My only suggestion is to go back to stock rubbers on that spot at least.
My game plays much more difficult since I put Titans on. I have Titans on all my other games as well and I don’t find this to be the case.

I’m probably just making excuses because I suck

#7387 3 years ago

I have noticed the only way to make the playfield level is by completely extending the front two posts at their highest points. The machine is now level but it just does not look right compared to my other machines, as the front two legs are raised all the way up. Does anyone know if this is normal for this playfield?

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have noticed the only way to make the playfield level is by completely extending the front two posts at their highest points. The machine is now level but it just does not look right compared to my other machines, as the front two legs are raised all the way up. Does anyone know if this is normal for this playfield?

Not normal at all. Check your pitch with a digital level on the playfield. You should be at 6.5 to 7.0 degrees

#7389 3 years ago

Any videos out there for Cliffy protector installs on JP?

#7390 3 years ago

put a washer under the left-fork screw on the shooter lane. It then did 5 proper auto-launches in a row, and then shortly after that it was 50/50 again for making it up the shooter ramp. sigh

#7391 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

It doesn't sound right - I have my back legs as high as they can go (so the machine sits as high as possible) and the front legs are approx only half way with a 7 degree pitch. Even if you had a lesser pitch of 6.5 I doubt that you'd get anywhere near the max on the front legs

#7392 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

put a washer under the left-fork screw on the shooter lane. It then did 5 proper auto-launches in a row, and then shortly after that it was 50/50 again for making it up the shooter ramp. sigh

Check each ball individually and see if specific balls are failing all the time - I've heard of this being an issue and worth checking

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Check each ball individually and see if specific balls are failing all the time - I've heard of this being an issue and worth checking

OMG that sounds like madness. What could be the difference given the tolerances of pinballs?

#7394 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Try 2 washers, change the autolaunch speed to 200 or 205 for a 7.0 degree pitch angle, make sure your autolauncher is making full contact with the ball in it's travel, may require slight bending, also make sure the plunger rod is striking the ball true and not putting English on the ball which will occasionally send it careening into the rails and get jammed at the pipe. Check the plunger tip, if it is worn, it may be angle the ball on striking. If the rod isn't lined up perfectly dead center on the ball, you can use some small washers (1 did the trick for mine) to go on the top left or right faceplate screw assembly to slightly angle the rod to bring it back to true. Lastly, if your rod came with a green spring, I would recommend changing it to orange, unless you got a custom amber rod as they are orange from factory. Not single thing is going to work by itself, but it's a combo of them all and dialing it in. I can get about a 95% rate of success between auto and manuals...it's just the quirks of this lane it seems

#7395 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OMG that sounds like madness. What could be the difference given the tolerances of pinballs?

Yep I agree it sounds like a bunch of BS

The pinball tech said that some of the balls could have become magnetised, now both the owner and myself were sceptical that this could be the possible cause of balls failing to make the U-ramp however the tech found that a couple of the balls regularly failed whereas the other balls would make the ramp. The failed balls were swapped out and as far as I'm aware it has resolved the issue. Note the owner had previously gone through all the usual causes and advice on the thread, so I'm still scratching my head on this one ... but hey if it works then I guess it's worth considering ...

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Beware my bubble level was a little bit loose and make incorrect measurements

#7397 3 years ago

Hello all,

I wanted to share how I installed some of the cliffies in case it helps someone. While I was in there I made some other tweaks.

1. Cliffies jp kit now includes a protector for the raptor pit gate. You'll need to remove the gate which is four screws and three connectors. My suggestion is to use a dental pick if you have one to get the clip part of the cliffy over the bottom of the playfield, see below

2. The trough side cliffy was a bit of a pain. I really had to push so it didn't overhang the shooter lane while I was tightening the two winged studs. The picture below is before I readjusted. It also has a wave because of variations in playfields vs. his fixed stud to stud difference

3. I didn't install his carbon fiber upper post protector, the new games don't have paint there so mine isn't having an issue. It also requires removing the third flipper base or having a thin wrench

4. I noticed the apron was digging in to the playfield. I put down some thin mylar strips under where the edge of the apron sits, see below

5. I was having issues making the ramp when launching from the shooter lane. I tried the washer with no improvement. As mentioned above, check that your auto launch is contacting at two points. This seems to have fixed my issue for now. See picture below for how I went about bending the launch

Hopefully this helps someone. Overall the cliffy installation was easy as long as you are semi handy with tools. Be careful not to lose any nuts or washers and don't force anything.
PXL_20201011_144436450 (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_144436450 (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_145917430 (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_145917430 (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_150809005 (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_150809005 (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_151245305 (resized).jpgPXL_20201011_151245305 (resized).jpg

#7398 3 years ago

I'm in! What a beautiful game!

#7399 3 years ago

Im also in...

Playfield Protector
Shaker
Home Made Pinstadium
Transparent Titam Rubbers

One question, ive level the machine at 7 degrees and i can hit all the shots with no problems, but i find them a bit slow, im considering upgrade the coils with this ones, what do you think, any one with this issue?

https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-090-5020-2ot-flipper-coil.html

Regards

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7400 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Im also in...
Playfield Protector
Shaker
Home Made Pinstadium
Transparent Titam Rubbers
One question, ive level the machine at 7 degrees and i can hit all the shots with no problems, but i find them a bit slow, im considering upgrade the coils with this ones, what do you think, any one with this issue?
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsegadata-east-090-5020-2ot-flipper-coil.html
Regards
[quoted image]

I believe you can change the power of the coils in settings?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.