(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 426.
#7301 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My jeep is sticking.
Is this an ok lubricant to use?
amazon.com link »
Thanks!

As long as its 100% silicone and you use it sparingly, it should be fine.

#7302 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

worth what it cost, just did another run. waiting on mine now.

Nice to hear he did another run. It's a bad ass topper. What is the cost on it?

#7303 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My jeep is sticking.

time to swap tires ?

#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My jeep is sticking.
Is this an ok lubricant to use?
amazon.com link »
Thanks!

Consider cleaning it first because adding lubricant to a gummed up assembly won’t really give you the designed result. Unassemble it, clean the post and the sleeve, then perhaps add a dust of silicone powder for good measure.

How many games do you have on it??

#7305 3 years ago

The Jeep fix procedure is listed in the key posts at the top of the page

#7306 3 years ago

Finally it's here!!!

IMG_3069 (resized).jpegIMG_3069 (resized).jpegIMG_3070 (resized).jpegIMG_3070 (resized).jpeg
#7307 3 years ago

Hi to all,
Any of you installed a shaker and find it to trigger low times, ive installed one from pinballcenter, it works but it triggers rarelly... im on code 1.02

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/cabinet-parts/parts/6744/shaker-kit-for-stern-rev.-c-spike-502-5027-01

#7308 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi to all,
Any of you installed a shaker and find it to trigger low times, ive installed one from pinballcenter, it works but it triggers rarelly... im on code 1.02
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/cabinet-parts/parts/6744/shaker-kit-for-stern-rev.-c-spike-502-5027-01

What level do you have it set to? I found that maximum was too much for me. I put it on minimal. May switch to moderate later. Also how are you weights positioned? And is it really secured good? These can make a difference as well.

#7309 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

What level do you have it set to? I found that maximum was too much for me. I put it on minimal. May switch to moderate later. Also how are you weights positioned? And is it really secured good? These can make a difference as well.

Is on maximal use my friend, and i make ramps and combos, skills shots... nothing, only when i hit the truck and at a begin of a start mode.
Is very secure for sure
Maybe i should update it again? ... any ideia how i can despite this issue?

#7310 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Is on maximal use my friend, and i make ramps and combos, skills shots... nothing, only when i hit the truck and at a begin of a start mode.
Is very secure for sure

Is this a frequency issue (How often the motor spins), or an intensity issue (How strong is the shaking)?

#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Is this a frequency issue (How often the motor spins), or an intensity issue (How strong is the shaking)?

Is a frequency issue.. The intensity of the shaker is ok, i find it to shake normal i guess.

#7312 3 years ago

Maybe is normal, can you guys tell me some events, when the shaker is triggered? maybe that way i can confirm it. Thanks

#7313 3 years ago

Installation pictures with no cover to show you! Coil Tests works with no issues.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

#7314 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Maybe is normal, can you guys tell me some events, when the shaker is triggered? maybe that way i can confirm it. Thanks

I notice it in the truck hits (like you mentioned) but for sure during the T-Rex events. Biiig shake when he roars at the beginning of event.

#7315 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Installation pictures with no cover to show you! Coil Tests works with no issues.
[quoted image][quoted image]

One thing to consider is putting a drop of BLUE loctite on each of the 4 screws. All that shaking is bound to drive a screw or two out over time...

#7316 3 years ago

Just took order of my JP Pro on Saturday, been loving it! However, got a couple things I'm looking to fix. First, the left ramp seems to not register shots about 5% or so of the time. Seems to register less when the ball is flying fast. I'm having a hard time replicating it as manually triggering the opto with the glass off seems fine. Also, I'm having a big issue with the plunge not making the inverted ramp and feeding to the inlane. It seems like the ball is launching a little bit too high from the shooter lane and just slamming into the flat part of the inverted ramp. Anyone run into either of these and have tips on how to fix them?

#7317 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Just took order of my JP Pro on Saturday, been loving it! However, got a couple things I'm looking to fix. First, the left ramp seems to not register shots about 5% or so of the time. Seems to register less when the ball is flying fast. I'm having a hard time replicating it as manually triggering the opto with the glass off seems fine. Also, I'm having a big issue with the plunge not making the inverted ramp and feeding to the inlane. It seems like the ball is launching a little bit too high from the shooter lane and just slamming into the flat part of the inverted ramp. Anyone run into either of these and have tips on how to fix them?

For the ramp, there’s a test in the system menu so you can check to see if the entrance or exit opto isn’t registering properly. Here’s a link to a post about it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/88#post-5558015

For the shooter lane, if you keyword search this forum there are lots of posts about solutions for some of the different causes of not making the ramp. One idea to maybe try is shooting slow motion video to see what might be causing it and then work on a fix from there. Is it happening on the manual plunge, auto launch, or both?

#7318 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Less power will help. Try setting coil power for auto launch to 195 or so. Then the shooter ramp left tong usually needs a small washer inserted. Best to just search this thread as it is discussed many times including the fixes...

#7319 3 years ago

I join the club

9A016706-7380-48A2-AC1B-90F3DC3800C8 (resized).jpeg9A016706-7380-48A2-AC1B-90F3DC3800C8 (resized).jpeg9DCD1588-4DAB-478B-8E5D-C3C6F62E0955 (resized).jpeg9DCD1588-4DAB-478B-8E5D-C3C6F62E0955 (resized).jpeg
#7320 3 years ago

I'm looking for the microswitsch bracket of the start button. Links or tipps are much appreciated.

#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

One thing to consider is putting a drop of BLUE loctite on each of the 4 screws. All that shaking is bound to drive a screw or two out over time...

Ive order 2, while one is very silence and working nice, the other one does this noise, both very tight and secure.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/h6NZJKycSQg6z82T8

I belive this is not working properlly... what you think!?

#7322 3 years ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

I've had my JP premium for 3 months now and the auto launch and manual plunge made the inverted turn to feed the right lane 100% of the time. Now all of a sudden I'm having the same problem. It now only makes it successfully 70%.. It's very frustrating bc it interferes with gameplay(skill shots, T-rex multiball 1st shot set-up, etc.) After searching this forum I tried the washer fix on the left fork of the ramp thing: didn't work(made it worse). I'm pretty frustrated as it seems like this is a real problem with the game and that mech. I hope there is an actual solution.

#7323 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I've had my JP premium for 3 months now and the auto launch and manual plunge made the inverted turn to feed the right lane 100% of the time. Now all of a sudden I'm having the same problem. It now only makes it successfully 70%.. It's very frustrating bc it interferes with gameplay(skill shots, T-rex multiball 1st shot set-up, etc.) After searching this forum I tried the washer fix on the left fork of the ramp thing: didn't work(made it worse). I'm pretty frustrated as it seems like this is a real problem with the game and that mech. I hope there is an actual solution.

I suggest taking off the glass, and testing each ball. If you have one or two with a wear imperfection that causes any type of wobble, you will have trouble making the shot. Also, on my own machine, if I don't pull the plunger all the way back, I often don't make the loop. You then need to adjust the auto ball launch to match. Too strong causes rattling rejects, and too soft can't make the loop.

#7324 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I'm in a similar situation. I've only had my game for a week or so. Getting the game leveled and correct pitch seem to help for a while but now rarely makes it. Previous owner already put a washer under left screw of ramp fork and plunger seems to line up well with ball. I find it extremely frustrating as well. You just never know where the ball is going to go on launch. It doesn't matter if it's a manual plunge or auto. Exactly same result where only around 1/5 make it.

#7325 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I suggest taking off the glass, and testing each ball. If you have one or two with a wear imperfection that causes any type of wobble, you will have trouble making the shot. Also, on my own machine, if I don't pull the plunger all the way back, I often don't make the loop. You then need to adjust the auto ball launch to match. Too strong causes rattling rejects, and too soft can't make the loop.

It seems like there’s no one perfect solution to this problem. I recently tried some adjustments and ended up with my auto launch at full power for best results. Still not 100% but much better. I have a plan for tweaking the forked metal ramp, but am trying to find a replacement first, in case I screw it up in the process. Can’t seem to find one anywhere. If anyone has a clue I would sure appreciate it

#7326 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

This game has been very frustrating for a fair amount of people. Sorry you have t go through this with a new pin. I feel your pain

#7327 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Finally it's here!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Look over that playfield. My June build has issues.

#7328 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

It seems like there’s no one perfect solution to this problem. I recently tried some adjustments and ended up with my auto launch at full power for best results. Still not 100% but much better. I have a plan for tweaking the forked metal ramp, but am trying to find a replacement first, in case I screw it up in the process. Can’t seem to find one anywhere. If anyone has a clue I would sure appreciate it

Check also the rubber shootertip, rotating the shooterrod some help if the shootertip is not completely in the middle.

#7329 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thx for all of these suggestions. I just wish it would work, lol. It's such a great game but this problem is knocking it down a few notches. I wish there were a solid, agreed upon fix. I guess I'll keep tweaking pitch/leveling, checking balls, adjusting launch power, checking the autolaunch fork teeth alignment, etc etc. My Iron Maiden has similar issues but easier fixes in my experience. It's unfortunate that Stern can'y just "solve" these launch problems bc I love these games.

#7330 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

What kind of issues? Mine is June build too.

#7331 3 years ago

One thing, i don't know why, but my machine doesn't make skill shots, i pass the ball into the left ramp (T-Rex) but active the staff rescue, any ideas what can happened?

#7332 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Also very curious. My July 2020 NIB arrived today. Never owned a NIB and appears to have fine scratches, circles - like ball trails. Very, very fine scratches, and only visible really at a certain angle or up close, but they're sort of everywhere -- like it's been played.

I imagined it's been asked ad infinitum, but is this normal from Stern factory testing? Just part of their QC, as it were?

Is the best bet just to Novus 2 and Blitz wax it and try to pretend I put those marks down?

Thanks. It's slightly tempered my excitement... eek.

#7333 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

One thing, i don't know why, but my machine doesn't make skill shots, i pass the ball into the left ramp (T-Rex) but active the staff rescue, any ideas what can happened?

You probably have a switch stuck closed.
Go into switch test mode and see if anything is closed.
If not, while in test mode, hit the playfield with your palm a couple times and see if anything registers.

#7334 3 years ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

Also very curious. My July 2020 NIB arrived today. Never owned a NIB and appears to have fine scratches, circles - like ball trails. Very, very fine scratches, and only visible really at a certain angle or up close, but they're sort of everywhere -- like it's been played.
I imagined it's been asked ad infinitum, but is this normal from Stern factory testing? Just part of their QC, as it were?
Is the best bet just to Novus 2 and Blitz wax it and try to pretend I put those marks down?
Thanks. It's slightly tempered my excitement... eek.

Probably just buffing swirls. Put a coat of carnuba wax on it and see if that helps. I wouldn't worry about it too much since you do plan on playing it I assume

#7335 3 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Has anyone ordered the JADA 1:43 Jeep on eBay that ships from china? I’m sure its a knockoff, but I have not been able to find one other than that. Just wondering if its decent for a replacement truck or if I should keep searching for a authentic one.

Link?

#7336 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Probably just buffing swirls. Put a coat of carnuba wax on it and see if that helps. I wouldn't worry about it too much since you do plan on playing it I assume

Thanks -- hoping that'll do it! And yeah... deffo gonna play it

#7337 3 years ago

It's slightly tempered my excitement... eek.

Lol ReluctantPin sounding, um reluctant Welcome to the club! It's a fun game!!!

#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

You probably have a switch stuck closed.
Go into switch test mode and see if anything is closed.
If not, while in test mode, hit the playfield with your palm a couple times and see if anything registers.

i'll try these, thanks! if someone know other kind of fail will be great help.

#7339 3 years ago

Psyched to be picking one up this weekend let the modding begin!

#7340 3 years ago

When i start a game, always starts with M-A of "MAP" illuminate an T of "T-Rex" too. I think is for this the problem of the skill shots, i just revised all the switch and are ok, anybody knows the problem?

Reagards!

IMG_3140 (resized).jpgIMG_3140 (resized).jpg
#7341 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

When i start a game, always starts with M-A of "MAP" illuminate an T of "T-Rex" too. I think is for this the problem of the skill shots, i just revised all the switch and are ok, anybody knows the problem?
Reagards![quoted image]

That is normal. Every game starts that way.

#7342 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That is normal. Every game starts that way.

And you know when i pass the ball for the left ramp, do not make a skill shot?

#7343 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Some people have had issues with the optical sensor in the back of the T rex ramp. Sometimes a very fast shot will not register. I I havnt had that issue so I'm not very familiar with the fix for it. But that may be the problem.

#7344 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Reagards![quoted image]

If I recall correctly, there are settings that you can change for what the game spots you at the beginning, as far as those letters are concerned.

#7345 3 years ago

So my NIB JP (July, 2020) I now notice all the Stern balls are in some way pitted/rusty, right out the box. In my ignorance I didn't check close enough... put about 10 plays on it. But all the balls? On a new Stern? Is this exceptionally unlucky or are they always this dangerous?

#7346 3 years ago

So my NIB JP (July, 2020) I now notice all the Stern balls are in some way pitted/rusty, right out the box. In my ignorance I didn't check close enough... put about 10 plays on it. But all the balls? On a new Stern? Is this exceptionally unlucky or are they always this dangerous?

Unlucky. Mine were fine on 2 stern games. However, it's no biggie. Balls are cheap. Just replace them. I love Ninja balls from Ballbaron.com. I ordered a box of 50 if I remember right.

#7347 3 years ago

I change the OEM balls for high gloss, when you'll have it, you'll appreciate the difference.

#7348 3 years ago

I installed my shooter lane cliffy on the outside, but when I had it apart couldn’t figure out the circled bolts. How do they come out? Pic attached

4C3E7029-F071-4110-8D35-EAD8D56B804B (resized).jpeg4C3E7029-F071-4110-8D35-EAD8D56B804B (resized).jpeg
#7349 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Is the left ramp insert light flashing red when you are making the shot?

Also what version of s/w are you running? And while I'm not sure that it makes a difference but are you doing a full plunge or auto-plunge with the ball going up the U ramp and into the return lane to shoot the left ramp; or are you doing a half plunge and catching the ball with your flipper to make the left ramp shot?

#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Is the left ramp insert light flashing red when you are making the shot?
Also what version of s/w are you running? And while I'm not sure that it makes a difference but are you doing a full plunge or auto-plunge with the ball going up the U ramp and into the return lane to shoot the left ramp; or are you doing a half plunge and catching the ball with your flipper to make the left ramp shot?

Yes, the light it's flashing red and white, i shoot a full plunge, the ball do the U ramp and later a direct shoot with the flipper to the ramp. But active the paddock.

The machine it's new, comes with 1.02 installed.

Thanks!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/147?hl=galvez1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.