(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,928 posts
  • 963 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 510 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211023_140837 (resized).jpg
20211023_140833 (resized).jpg
5019D9A1-3C9F-41E0-98E2-A56499F11247 (resized).jpeg
20211019_112326 (resized).jpg
20211019_112359 (resized).jpg
7A5090C9-BC47-4BFA-AB4D-4362CF9E7995 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5050 (resized).JPG
IMG_5049 (resized).JPG
IMG_5047 (resized).JPG
JP upper flipper (resized).jpg
20211016_212502215_iOS (resized).jpg
2D2A3871-E7FC-4213-A95F-C237ED333EE6 (resized).jpeg
7CCFBF53-29B2-4F0F-9A17-D15C04656522 (resized).jpeg
3C35D4EE-3B4C-48AC-9726-F8D0E8AF2620 (resized).jpeg
3185FE14-E7F9-497D-9842-BCF1C7969F48 (resized).jpeg
870B75DB-99B9-410A-A597-C8967CC7223B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11928 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 239.
#7151 1 year ago

I got it figured out. Thanks guys.

#7152 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I've got new JP Pro on the way, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

Not exactly new to pinball, but never thought I'd own a pin myself. Guess life finds a way...

I'm pretty excited.

#7153 1 year ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

Not exactly new to pinball, but never thought I'd own a pin myself. Guess life finds a way...
I'm pretty excited.

Welcome to Pinside and the Stern JP club

#7154 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After doing more searching it appears those are raptor tracks, just not velociraptor. I want to make my own using velociraptor tracks - just need the width at bottom so I can scale the shape accordingly. If nobody can provide the measurement, then I'll just have to wait.

The width of the ramp at the top of the ramp flap is 56mm - sorry no inches on the tape measure but converting it is 2.205 inches

Let me know if you need any other measurements

IMG_1557 (resized).jpgIMG_1558 (resized).jpg
#7155 1 year ago
Quoted from ReluctantPin:

I'm pretty excited.

Welcome aboard! No matter how new or experienced you are, pensive is a wealth of information. If you have an issue with your game, chances are, someone here has already figured it out. Congratulations on your new game

#7156 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The width of the ramp at the top of the ramp flap is 56mm - sorry no inches on the tape measure but converting it is 2.205 inches
Let me know if you need any other measurements[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks (actually, I prefer mm for measurements like this).

So, here is my idea of what I want the decal to look like for my pin with velociraptor tracks (the original looks too much like bird tracks to me)
Ramp Decal (Raptor Tracks) (resized).jpg

#7157 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Welcome aboard! No matter how new or experienced you are, pensive is a wealth of information. If you have an issue with your game, chances are, someone here has already figured it out. Congratulations on your new game

Thanks! Pleasure to be here. I've already learned a bunch just reading through these pages. All so helpful.
I can't wait to play!

#7158 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, here is my idea of what I want the decal to look like with velociraptor tracks (the original looks too much like bird tracks to me)[quoted image]

I like the new tracks. The original does look like bird tracks a little bit. My only concern with this whole decal is how it will look after the ball travels over it 1000 times. Seems like it might start to look worn or the ink might come off in some places over time. Any thoughts on that?

#7159 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I like the new tracks. The original does look like bird tracks a little bit. My only concern with this whole decal is how it will look after the ball travels over it 1000 times. Seems like it might start to look worn or the ink might come off in some places over time. Any thoughts on that?

Like most of my decals, I will print on white adhesive vinyl then clear coat with a clear gloss vinyl. The ones I've done for others up to this point have lasted well over a year with no signs of wear. Also, I've done similar graphics for my Getaway to cover up some playfield wear, and those look as good as new 4+ years after the fact. This would be the first ramp decal that I've done for myself, so we'll see how it holds up.

#7160 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone tell me what I'm missing here? I got my game with alternate game software installed. I want to revert it to stock. When I download the Stern zip file and unzip it, I get two files. I don't get a .raw file. What am I doing wrong here?
[quoted image]

You are downloading the wrong files. Those are the update files for USB updating. You want the full SD card image. It's under "Support/SD Card Images" on the Stern website.

*Edit: missed where you stated you figured it out lol.

#7161 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You are downloading the wrong files. Those are the update files for USB updating. You want the full SD card image. It's under "Support/SD Card Images" on the Stern website.
*Edit: missed where you stated you figured it out lol.

Yeah that's what I found out. Thank you for the response though!

#7162 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

So, here is my idea of what I want the decal to look like with velociraptor tracks (the original looks too much like bird tracks to me)[quoted image]

But it IS the pteronadon ramp.

#7163 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

pasted_image (resized).png
Look at the feet

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Hmmm, that's a good point which I didn't realize. Plus I do plan on mounting my pteranodon above the wire loop in that area.

Looks like the fossil record of pterosaur tracks is quite rare, so difficult to tell what their tracks actually look like. The few articles/pics I have found show they were quadrupedal with 5 flanges on their feet - 4 main ones (here's a pic where you can see a crooked forelimb print and a hindfoot print).

pasted_image (resized).png

Here is my updated version with pteranodon tracks. I just went with the hind feet in a layout that suggests the animal had more of a "hoppping" walk instead of having an even gate.
Ramp Decal (Raptor Tracks).jpg

#7165 1 year ago

And the velociraptor was small and feathered - you guys might be overthinking the paleontological accuracy of JP.

#7166 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Hmmm, that's a good point which I didn't realize. Plus I do plan on mounting my pteranodon above the wire loop in that area.
Looks like the fossil record of pterosaur tracks is quite rare, so difficult to tell what their tracks actually look like. The few articles/pics I have found show they were quadrupedal with 5 flanges on their feet - 4 main ones (here's a pic where you can see a crooked forelimb print and a hindfoot print).
[quoted image]
Here is my updated version with pteranodon tracks. I just went with the hind feet in a layout that suggests the animal hopped instead of having an even walking gate.[quoted image]

it's kind of awesome that you're actually looking at the fossil record to accurately depict a flying animals' footprints and movement patterns.

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

And the velociraptor was small and feathered - you guys might be overthinking the paleontological accuracy of JP.

Quoted from FatPanda:

it's kind of awesome that you're actually looking at the fossil record to accurately depict a flying animals' footprints and movement patterns.

Definitely overthinking it, but what else am I going to do from now until the 4-5 weeks when I actually have a JP in my possession?

#7168 1 year ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Probably, but in somewhat fairness the movie did come out in 1993 before a variety of new discoveries were made (plus they were cross-engineered with frog DNA, so who knows what impact that had on their size & appearance). In 2015 a skeleton of a "cousin" of a VR was found well preserved with quill pen feathers. It was 5' long and the largest feathered dino found to date. Based on discoveries thus far, VRs grew up to about 7' long but less than 2' at the hip tall & estimated weight of up to 30-35 lbs (not quite how JP portrays them, for sure).

Regardless, I still wouldn't want to come face-to-face with the 3" claws on that little booger.

D7PCEVRCPPEBXZKVF26LGR3TDI (resized).jpg

#7169 1 year ago

Hi all, new to the club. Was wondering if someone could look at their shooter ramp and see if it looks like this flap should be in the back of the loop.

20200929_153207 (resized).jpg
#7170 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

Hi all, new to the club. Was wondering if someone could look at their shooter ramp and see if it looks like this flap should be in the back of the loop.
[quoted image]

Mine is the same as yours

#7171 1 year ago

Thanks. Its real loose though.

20200929_153200 (resized).jpg
#7172 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

[quoted image]

Mine is loose and floppy thin metal

#7173 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

[quoted image]

It prevents your ball from slamming into the front edge of the half pipe. So be excited! Your JP is assembled correctly!

#7174 1 year ago

How the eff do I remove this screw from hell?

B38E0AD1-5D45-47AF-99D6-14CCA00FC2D5 (resized).jpeg
#7175 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The direction the truck is facing determines whether the orbit up-post will divert the ball to the pops. If the truck is facing left, the ball will do the full orbit (assuming the shot has enough power); while if facing right, the post will come up and divert the ball into the pops

I NEVER KNEW! thanks!

#7176 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

[quoted image]

Remove the nut from under the playfield and then tap it up using a punch (or screwdriver) and hammer.

#7177 1 year ago

thanks

Another question

Do the GI bulbs twist or pull off? One of my bulbs near the flippers keeps going on /off when I flip

#7178 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

thanks
Another question
Do the GI bulbs twist or pull off? One of my bulbs near the flippers keeps going on /off when I flip

Pretty common in Sterns. They are bayonet bulbs and twist, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to remove the flipper plate and resolder the wires back on. I've had to do it to many Sterns games, same bulbs under the inlane guides.

#7179 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Pretty common in Sterns. They are bayonet bulbs and twist, but I wouldn't be surprised if you had to remove the flipper plate and resolder the wires back on. I've had to do it to many Sterns games, same bulbs under the inlane guides.

Are the bulbs designed to twist off and be replaced or are they soldered onto their socket?

#7180 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are the bulbs designed to twist off and be replaced or are they soldered onto their socket?

Slight push down, and twist.

#7181 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

[quoted image]

This picture of the fastener might give you some detail on what is supposed to happen. it may not be the exact one, but you'll see what's going on there

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-5957-00

#7182 1 year ago

This picture of the fastener might give you some detail on what is supposed to happen. it may not be the exact one, but you'll see what's going on there
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/237-5957-00

Woof, that thing looks like it would rip up the playfield if I tried to hammer it out. You’ve got to remove two of those to get cliffys in there, as well as remove the entire ball guide. I’m going to hold off and stick with my plastic shooter lane protector for now...

#7183 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Woof, that thing looks like it would rip up the playfield if I tried to hammer it out. You’ve got to remove two of those to get cliffys in there, as well as remove the entire ball guide. I’m going to hold off and stick with my plastic shooter lane protector for now...

Plastic shooter lanes work great!!!

#7184 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

As someone who has installed several Cliffy's in the location you're referring to, its really not that bad.. The playfield is already 'ripped up' in that hole based on the initial installation. At this point, it acts more like a tack than a screw, so you can completely ignore the threading. As someone else said, you simply have to remove the nut on the underside, and tap the screw out. Once you install the cliffy, just line the screw up in the same orientation as it was installed in originally and it will tap right back in simply.

#7185 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

As someone who has installed several Cliffy's in the location you're referring to, its really not that bad.. The playfield is already 'ripped up' in that hole based on the initial installation. At this point, it acts more like a tack than a screw, so you can completely ignore the threading. As someone else said, you simply have to remove the nut on the underside, and tap the screw out. Once you install the cliffy, just line the screw up in the same orientation as it was installed in originally and it will tap right back in simply.

Yes I know about the nut, I got to the point of tapping the screw and it wasn’t budging. I’ve ripped up clear before tapping posts up so I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle here.

#7186 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes I know about the nut, I got to the point of tapping the screw and it wasn’t budging. I’ve ripped up clear before tapping posts up so I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle here.

If you are concerned with that apron-side fastener, what you could do is use the cliffy's RIGHT side of the protector kit, slides under the side rail easily, and then get PBL's $8 trough lane protector, which is a perfect match for the LEFT side of the shooter lane. PBL's installs with double sided tape, no need to even remove the apron. Put together, they make a perfect lane protector set. They are made of the same finish/grade stainless too...

#7187 1 year ago

SOLD - PLEASE NO MORE PMs ASKING ABOUT THEM

I accidentally purchased an extra set of Pinball Life clear slingshot & return lane protectors. The protectors cost $10 and with shipping they are over $20 (assuming you are not ordering other items to split the shipping cost allocation). I'm offering this brand new, never used, still has the protective film on both sides set of 4 protectors for $12 which includes US shipping.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0141-00

If anyone is interested, please PM me. I will sell to the first person who PMs me and commits to paying the same day. I will ship the pieces either the same or next day depending upon when payment is received.
IMG_4554.JPG

#7188 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

SOLD - PLEASE NO MORE PMs ASKING ABOUT THEM
I accidentally purchased an extra set of Pinball Life clear slingshot & return lane protectors. The protectors cost $10 and with shipping they are over $20 (assuming you are not ordering other items to split the shipping cost allocation). I'm offering this brand new, never used, still has the protective film on both sides set of 4 protectors for $12 which includes US shipping.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0141-00
If anyone is interested, please PM me. I will sell to the first person who PMs me and commits to paying the same day. I will ship the pieces either the same or next day depending upon when payment is received.
[quoted image]

PM sent.

#7189 1 year ago

2020 in a nutshell:

2ED46298-000B-4EF3-AC98-FBB6B352FC85 (resized).jpeg
#7190 1 year ago

I almost checked my PMs . . . made me chuckle.

#7191 1 year ago

I found a cool spot for a spare ball!

20200929_153357 (resized).jpg
#7192 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

2020 in a nutshell:[quoted image]

Is that scratched up?

#7193 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Is that scratched up?

Yup. Finally got one and when I opened the package...scratched like a mo-fo. *Shakes fist at 2020*

#7194 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Yup. Finally got one and when I opened the package...scratched like a mo-fo. *Shakes fist at 2020*

I thought you were implying that you felt like the bug trapped in amber, with Covid and all the other nonsense we are seeing in 2020....

#7195 1 year ago

I thought you were implying that you felt like the bug trapped in amber, with Covid and all the other nonsense we are seeing in 2020....

...doomed to an eternity suspended in a monument to my unfulfilled potential thanks to the wanton hubris and gluttony of my species.

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I don't see scratches from your photo, but I trust they are there. Surely there is a way to polish them out?

#7197 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Surely there is a way to polish them out?

I'm open to suggestions.

The scratches are fairly deep, like someone dragged it against a brick wall.

#7198 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I'm open to suggestions.
The scratches are fairly deep, like someone dragged it against a brick wall.

Probably depends on what kind of tools you have. I would suggest you Google/YouTube "polishing resin"

#7199 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Probably depends on what kind of tools you have. I would suggest you Google/YouTube "polishing resin"

I’d suggest returning it!

#7200 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’d suggest returning it!

I just assumed that wasn’t an option, but if it is then I concur.

There are 11928 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 239.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside