(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,280 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 minutes ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 426.
#7001 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Mind me asking how much in case I see something similar?

I bought it on Amazon, 30€.
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07R625LWH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3

#7002 3 years ago

While we’re on the post sleeve discussion, what are you all using for tapered sleeves? I bought the translucent sleeves (I forget the brand) from Pinball life and I like the feel, but they’re not tapered and I’m getting a fair amount of gnarly hit-the-glass air balls. I’d like to go to tapered and could use some recommendations. Thanks!

#7003 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

While we’re on the post sleeve discussion, what are you all using for tapered sleeves? I bought the translucent sleeves (I forget the brand) from Pinball life and I like the feel, but they’re not tapered and I’m getting a fair amount of gnarly hit-the-glass air balls. I’d like to go to tapered and could use some recommendations. Thanks!

I'm using Superbands non tapered and I dont have any issues.

#7004 3 years ago

i have superbands, too, and i feel like the airballs calmed down over time. i barely get any now.

#7005 3 years ago

I just swapped my order for a Avengers IQ Prem to JP Prem. The theme is more my style......

#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i have superbands, too, and i feel like the airballs calmed down over time. i barely get any now.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm using Superbands non tapered and I dont have any issues.

Looks like that’s what I’m using also (just checked). I have not lowered my flipper power from factory settings, however. I know a lot of people have.

#7007 3 years ago

For those interested, I just created my Titan rubber kit for JP Prem/LE: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1475

It is a mix of orange and yellow along with green for the upper flipper.

#7008 3 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I ordered a JP prem a week ago and the dealer said it would ship in October from Stern. What are the odds that will actually happen?

I also got in on the October run with a distributor. But, as i've learned through many many years of NIB purchasing, nothing is a for sure thing until the game is actually in my hands. Delays do happen; sometimes it's a manufacturing issue, sometimes a supplier issue, sometimes weather, viruses, etc... that cause delays and their build amount isn't what they projected and so people get screwed. Sometimes, a distributor oversold or got a high dollar loyal customer to bump someone out (I don't know if that actually ever happens, curious if it does, but money talks...). All in all, if you have your deposit in and the distributor said your locked in for the October run, then your chances are pretty good. But, shit does happen and it sucks when it does. Especially since there won't be another run of JP's until 2021. Here's to us hopefuls who are 'locked in' - oh and to the pinball gods, mine and my son's birthday is at the end of october, so make it a good one please

#7009 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those interested, I just created my Titan rubber kit for JP Prem/LE: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/mine
It is a mix of orange and yellow along with green for the upper flipper.

I am interested! However, your link isn't working.. It just takes me to their homepage. Do you need to swap it out with one that is public-facing?

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I am interested! However, your link isn't working.. It just takes me to their homepage. Do you need to swap it out with one that is public-facing?

Sorry, please try updated link in my original post.

#7011 3 years ago

it arrived !!!

pinball jurassic (resized).jpgpinball jurassic (resized).jpg
#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

it arrived !!!
[quoted image]

Dude...um...I don't think you're gonna be able to pick it up that way.

#7013 3 years ago

He's not trying to pick it up.

#7014 3 years ago

Man, Vermont sure is pretty, you just have to look past the box humper

#7015 3 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

it arrived !!!
[quoted image]

I know the feeling! Just got home from work and mine is here as well! We are both going to be doing some unboxing tonight! Have fun!

8BB0A32B-57A0-460E-AE53-017167DCC847 (resized).jpeg8BB0A32B-57A0-460E-AE53-017167DCC847 (resized).jpeg

#7016 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I know the feeling! Just got home from work and mine is here as well! We are both going to be doing some unboxing tonight! Have fun!
[quoted image]

You ain’t doing it right, come on man, hump that thing!

#7017 3 years ago

Camp Cretaceous is very good and just not for kids,I have been watching on the edge of my seat!

#7019 3 years ago

Finally got her hardware from the powder coater.

20200922_130337 (resized).jpg20200922_130337 (resized).jpg20200922_130553 (resized).jpg20200922_130553 (resized).jpg
#7020 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You ain’t doing it right, come on man, hump that thing!

Always check your boxes for glory holes upon delivery.

#7021 3 years ago

Just a few random rule questions:

- What qualifies the 3rd control room? I know first Dino caught and raptor MB jackpot are the first two.

- What qualifies the smart missile/super spinner inlane lights?

- What is the point of pteranodon attack? And what is the best strategy to score points?

Thanks!

#7022 3 years ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

What qualifies the 3rd control room? I know first Dino caught and raptor MB jackpot are the first two

Control room modes are lit by:

Catching your first dinosaur
Spelling CHAOS twice
Getting a Jackpot in Raptor Tri-Ball
15 tower shots

What qualifies the smart missile/super spinner inlane lights?

Lit Inlane Features

Light them via Rescues completed. If the Ankylosaurus has been captured, one less Rescue PER award is required. For example, if light inlanes is lit at 5 rescues and then 5 rescues after that (10 total), with the Easier Inlanes perk it would be lit at 4 rescues, then 4 rescues after that (8 total). Only one inlane will be lit a time – in the direction that the truck is facing. After you roll over the lit inlane, eventually turn the truck the other direction and your other inlane will be lit to claim the other reward, regardless of whether or not you successfully hit the spinner or the pops standup. Any uncollected lit inlane will be lost when you drain your ball.

What is the point of pteranodon attack? And what is the best strategy to score points?

Pteranodon Attack

Shoot the right ramp 4 times to start. Pteranodon Attack is a timed frenzy mode where all switches add 25K (+10K each subsequent Pteranodon mode) to an award collected at the right ramp, and can be rebuilt/re-collected while there’s time left in the mode. Each threshold of 12 switches adds a multiplier to your next award, and resets only when you collect a Pteranodon award at the R ramp. When the mode times out (or if you drain), the multiplier carries over to the next Pteranodon Attack, but not the award value – meaning it might be a good idea to focus on building up the multiplier for the first Pteranodon Attack instead of trying to collect the award. Note: the Amber Frenzy timer will not pause in the pops nor during game stoppages such as mode introductions.

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Always check your boxes for glory holes upon delivery.

Maybe that's why prices are going up. Innovation!

#7024 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I like it! So to connect the rod and button lights did you need anything extra or just the connectors that come standard with the mods?

Just the connectors that come with it

#7025 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Maybe that's why prices are going up. Innovation!

“Kinetic satisfaction”

#7026 3 years ago

Short of putting Stadium lights in a JP, has anyone else been able to lighten the playfield with bulb replacements or other "tricks"?

#7027 3 years ago

I used bulbs, really nice for just a few bucks. I used bright leds, you can use frosted ones then the shadow will be less hard.

16008828848691537022773825023035 (resized).jpg16008828848691537022773825023035 (resized).jpg16008828533283677678991760585580 (resized).jpg16008828533283677678991760585580 (resized).jpg16008828299279133816008870504671 (resized).jpg16008828299279133816008870504671 (resized).jpg16008832115677012752937874937970 (resized).jpg16008832115677012752937874937970 (resized).jpg
#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Short of putting Stadium lights in a JP, has anyone else been able to lighten the playfield with bulb replacements or other "tricks"?

Lighted star post work great

#7030 3 years ago

Whew! Finally finished reading every post in this thread. Now, I'm moving on to the Premium/LE thread, and then the custom audio/video thread. I have to do something to keep me going until late October (the next JP Premium production run).

#7031 3 years ago

Just received my custom built Titan ring kit for JP Premium: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1475

Stupid question, but I've never owned a Stern - I assume the post sleeves are to be installed where they taper from thicker at top to thinner at bottom?

I also highly recommend their clear cling on button protectors to protect the artwork around the buttons over time from wear due to rubbing with hands and oil transfer. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=138

The mod pile is growing! I'm going to be very busy once my game finally does arrive in late October.
IMG_4525 (resized).JPGIMG_4525 (resized).JPG

#7032 3 years ago

Is there any kind of update from Stern to keep the balls from flying behind the Rapture pit and getting stuck? Like a bent plastic or metal piece?

#7033 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just received my custom built Titan ring kit for JP Premium: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1475
Stupid question, but I've never owned a Stern - I assume the post sleeves are to be installed where they taper from thicker at top to thinner at bottom?
I also highly recommend their clear cling on button protectors to protect the artwork around the buttons over time from wear due to rubbing with hands and oil transfer. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=138
The mod pile is growing! I'm going to be very busy once my game finally does arrive in late October.
[quoted image]

You are correct-Thick on top. You’ll see that the stock rubber sleeves are installed that way.

#7034 3 years ago

I replaced the rubbers when I got this game, but couldn't remove the right ramp to get the ones under it. How does that ramp come off?

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I replaced the rubbers when I got this game, but couldn't remove the right ramp to get the ones under it. How does that ramp come off?

If no one else answers before me, I'll have a look at my machine tomorrow when I'm off work. I replaced all my rubbers and remember it wasn't terribly difficult to pull that back ramp. I just don't recall exactly how I did it.

#7036 3 years ago

For those who have done custom powder coating, what does it roughly cost to do the 4 legs, hold down bat and 2 side rails?

Thanks

#7037 3 years ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

For those who have done custom powder coating, what does it roughly cost to do the 4 legs, hold down bat and 2 side rails?
Thanks

Unfortunately the cost varies GREATLY. If you have someone locally, who isn't adverse to doing small jobs, it can be quite reasonable. If you need to ship parts back and forth, it can get expensive. On the high end you could spend almost $400. On the low end $150. My local guys do amazing work for $150 as long as I pick a color they have in stock, or bring them the powder of my choosing.

#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Unfortunately the cost varies GREATLY. If you have someone locally, who isn't adverse to doing small jobs, it can be quite reasonable. If you need to ship parts back and forth, it can get expensive. On the high end you could spend almost $400. On the low end $150. My local guys do amazing work for $150 as long as I pick a color they have in stock, or bring them the powder of my choosing.

Mine is usually $2-300 but I also do shooter housing, hinges, cd, loli rails, and sometimes aprons and habitrails.

#7039 3 years ago

Thanks. We have a shop about 15 miles away that I drove by frequently. Will stop there one day and ask them. They did some work for me about 5 years ago on our Jeep, but can't remember how much that was. Just want to get a general idea to know if they are trying to rip me off or not.

#7040 3 years ago

My autolaunches are getting worse to a point it really pisses me off and I do not know how to fix it.
I realigned the shooter fork, did the washer fix and lifted up the heli ramp a littlebit, since the ball sometimes touches it from below.
Yesterday I took alot of slomo videos. One big problem is the thin metal flap on the right side of the shooter lane. Its enough send the ball into the opposite direction, leading to massive rattling. However sometimes the ball launches perfectly straight and it still wont make it up the ramp. Any ideas?

asdf.gif.gifasdf.gif.giftes (2).giftes (2).gif
#7041 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

My autolaunches are getting worse to a point it really pisses me off and I do not know how to fix it.
I realigned the shooter fork, did the washer fix and lifted up the heli ramp a littlebit, since the ball sometimes touches it from below.
Yesterday I took alot of slomo videos. One big problem is the thin metal flap on the right side of the shooter lane. Its enough send the ball into the opposite direction, leading to massive rattling. However sometimes the ball launches perfectly straight and it still wont make it up the ramp. Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

I think you have to use thinner washers and/or lower the coil strength. Because your ball is flying over the ball guide. The whole issue with the auto launch is on my machine caused by misaligned screw holes for the auto launch mechanism. Only option to ensure that the ball is launched straight is to drill bigger holes in the mech to give it some freedom to be aligned properly. Bending the fork still causes a left/right movement during launch.

#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

By right ramp you mean the helix one or the helipad?

The Helix ramp can be removed as a whole piece (Ramp and wireform). There are 2 Nuts under the playfield that hold it. There may be another on top but it should be selfexplanatory after loosening the ones under the playfield.

#7043 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yesterday I took alot of slomo videos. One big problem is the thin metal flap on the right side of the shooter lane. Its enough send the ball into the opposite direction, leading to massive rattling. However sometimes the ball launches perfectly straight and it still wont make it up the ramp. Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it’s bouncing up off the shooter fork. Make sure the washer didn’t raise the fork leg above the wood of the shooter lane.

#7044 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Your left fork seems a bit high...I set my power to 200 for a 7 deg angle.

Also, make sure both forks of the autolauncher are touching the bal during the entire forward movement of the mechanism. Turn off the machine and push the launcher my hand to ensure smooth contact until the ball would no longer connect...It'll take some trial and error to get it right...mine did but now about 99% launch correctly

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

No help to offer, but that second video is a piece of art.

Also, the ball path looks sort of like a major league curve ball, or maybe a PBA bowler ball path.

#7046 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Based on your second video it looks like your power is WAY too high. You practically have an airball coming out of the lane! If it's only happening on the auto-plunge, then you know its one of two things: the power of the coil, or the alignment of the fork.

As I mentioned back in post #6795, lower your auto-plunger coil power if you haven't already.. Mine is all the way down to 155 and I rarely have a miss anymore. And then, make sure the auto-plunger forks are both touching the ball at rest. If they aren't, bend one until they both do.

#7047 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Based on your second video it looks like your power is WAY too high. You practically have an airball coming out of the lane! If it's only happening on the auto-plunge, then you know its one of two things: the power of the coil, or the alignment of the fork.
As I mentioned back in post #6795, lower your auto-plunger coil power if you haven't already.. Mine is all the way down to 155 and I rarely have a miss anymore. And then, make sure the auto-plunger forks are both touching the ball at rest. If they aren't, bend one until they both do.

Yes! That ball is floating!

#7048 3 years ago

Dukes of Hazzard style auto launch! Yeee haaaw

#7049 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Yes! That ball is floating!

Yup, that ball is literally airborne, sailing over the ball guide and kissing the right side rail, causing the ball to move to the left just before hitting the horseshoe.

#7050 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

The airball launch seems to be related to the auto-launch mechanism's forks. I can't think of anything else that would send the ball into the air at that stage of shooting. (The ramp forks and the left tong washer 'fix' get involved later up the ramp in a properly working machine). Perhaps you adjusted those autolaunch forks way out of spec? The coil power could be too high as well, but there is something else drastically wrong because the factory setting for coil power does not normally make airballs. The ramp fork and washer furthar up the lane may also be wrong and need to be corrrect, but the ball is literally flying over those in your video, so start with fixing the autolauncher first. Try to get it back to 'factory'. Its possible both forks of the autolauncher are now touching the ball, but they are BOTH too far forward or too far back. (my vote is they are BOTH too far back)

You may need to post a snapshot of how the ball is sitting in the lane before it is launched. Remove the apron and shoot picture top-down so we can see how the ball is sitting in the lane at rest.

Once the airballs are fixed, you should show us some slo-mo of MANUAL launching as well to help resolve the shooter land left tong/washer/coil-power issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,280 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/141?hl=jmcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.