(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 424.
#6951 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those who have added illuminated flipper buttons, what brand/color did you choose?

I used Brite buttons Yellow matches real well to the amber shooter rod

#6952 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea 6-8k pinball machine... putting a dremel literally on the playfield at an awkward angle to avoid taking out a single screw is the most absurd thing I’ve ever heard. No offense.

I think you can Reduce the height of ramp screw anyway that works, but doesn’t grinding it in place spread all of the metal shaving fragments around the playfield, under the plastics and ramps, etc?? Seems like a lot of cleanup required. Stern was so thoughtful to make it easy to remove that screw by including a cutout in the metal plate above on the tower entrance purposely to allow that screw to be removed easily. Seems like an approach worth considering...

#6953 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I think you can Reduce the height of ramp screw anyway that works, but doesn’t grinding it in place spread all of the metal shaving fragments around the playfield, under the plastics and ramps, etc?? Seems like a lot of cleanup required. Stern was so thoughtful to make it easy to remove that screw by including a cutout in the metal plate above on the tower entrance purposely to allow that screw to be removed easily. Seems like an approach worth considering...

I just removed the left screw altogether and put mylar to keep the flap in place.

#6954 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I did the same, they look and feel great

#6955 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Quoted from fooflighter:

I did the same, they look and feel great

Photos, please.

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Hey, question for anyone who installed a shaker motor. I just installed the official one from stern. Easy install, tightened all the screws, etc. I wanted to check and make sure that it is normal for the machine to REALLY shake. When it is set to moderate or maximum use it SHAKES. Feels like the whole house shakes haha. This is my first Pinball machine and first shaker motor so I just wanted to check and make sure this is normal is isn't going to hurt the machine in any way! Thanks!

If you have a premium when the T-Rex eats the ball it is super intense vibration you’re good!

#6957 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Photos, please.

20200920_074609.jpg20200920_074609.jpg20200920_074544.jpg20200920_074544.jpg20200920_074628.jpg20200920_074628.jpg20200920_074636.jpg20200920_074636.jpg
#6958 3 years ago

Just joined the club this past week with a really nice used premium. Loving it so far. It does seem a little dark to me, what style of pin stadiums is everyone using? They have a bunch of options and some are pretty pricey!

#6959 3 years ago
Quoted from biglobstah:

My JP Pro has started to do strange things, such as
- randomly lights set trap targets without having to complete M-A-P and shoot rescue targets, sometimes just after launching ball
- Score builds continuously without making any shots (caught my brother trying to take credit for a 2bil score)
- Lots of random roar sounds
These symptoms are inconsistent and do not seem to happen every game.
The only technician alert I get is for switch 17 trough opto #4, and this alert comes and goes randomly. Can a defective trough opto really have such an impact on game play? If so, any advice for servicing the opto? Should I be looking elsewhere?
Also any recommendations for videos on how to conduct the switch test?

trough opto issues should only cause premature end of ball or actual end of game not registering.

i'd try to figure out which switches are randomly registering, then check switch gap and connectors to those assemblies. gl.

#6960 3 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Just joined the club this past week with a really nice used premium. Loving it so far. It does seem a little dark to me, what style of pin stadiums is everyone using? They have a bunch of options and some are pretty pricey!

Omega's baby!

Seriously, I have regular PinStadiums with UV flashers on my AFMr LE, and while my Premium is on order I've gone ahead and ordered Omegas for this game. I don't really use/want color GI, so the Omegas with diffused white light will be perfect and they still have the UV flashers.

#6961 3 years ago

The new JP show on netflix feels inspired by the pin or vice versa. Check it out if you have kids

#6962 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it! So to connect the rod and button lights did you need anything extra or just the connectors that come standard with the mods?

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

The new JP show on netflix feels inspired by the pin or vice versa. Check it out if you have kids

Camp Cretaceous! Yea my 7 yo boy was super excited for it. We binge watched it Friday night lol. It was cool, he was entranced. He’ll be stoked when we get a Jurassic park, although he won’t touch a pinball machine...at least not until stern figures out how to implement WiFi so he can buy robux.

#6964 3 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

The omegas weren't available back when I purchased my Pinstadium kits, but I've heard great things. Like Mr. Tantrum said, I have zero desire to use the color changing Gi, I leave mine on white 24/7. The UV flash feature is very nice, so in short, if I order more, they will be Omegas. Heres a comparison pic in a dark room.

Screenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190913-204239_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The omegas weren't available back when I purchased my Pinstadium kits, but I've heard great things. Like Mr. Tantrum said, I have zero desire to use the color changing Gi, I leave mine on white 24/7. The UV flash feature is very nice, so in short, if I order more, they will be Omegas. Heres a comparison pic in a dark room.[quoted image]

Nice thanks for the replies, I hadn’t thought about the omegas, but they may be my best option, I don’t think I would use the color feature either. You have to change the colors with the app correct? I’m guessing the only way to change colors is in the app, so the colors don’t change during gameplay right?

#6966 3 years ago

So, I'm working on the colors for my rings, sleeves, etc. On my DE JP, I had green flipper rubbers, and the rings & sleeves were yellow which I thought looked great on that pin. My thoughts here are to maybe go orange on the bottom flippers and sling rings, green flipper on top, and yellow posts and rings everywhere else (might use a black sleeve below the upper flipper to kind of hide it).

Anyway, I've browsed through the photos and have seen a game with orange everywhere (I liked the look on the lower playfield), and I've seen some green too which I like in certain places. I also saw some closeups of some yellow post sleeves. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has done yellow rings, and if so if you could post some pics (zoomed out and in).

I know that many like the clears, which I've used on pins before, but in the end I find them a little visually boring. On my Getaway, I had the OEM red posts and clear rings, but ended up reversing the look with clear post and red rings and really like it. On my AFM, I have all UV reactive which looks great for that game, but I'm not feeling the pale green color is right for this game.

#6967 3 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Nice thanks for the replies, I hadn’t thought about the omegas, but they may be my best option, I don’t think I would use the color feature either. You have to change the colors with the app correct? I’m guessing the only way to change colors is in the app, so the colors don’t change during gameplay right?

Yes, that is how the standard Pin Stadium lights work (at least on my AFMr). Basically, on that pin I've set the white to where I want them and adjusted the color bulbs to create the desired overall white temperature without any color tint to it.

#6968 3 years ago

Just to clarify, the picture I posted above is the standard pinstadiums compared to stock lighting, on my machine. NOT the Omegas.

#6969 3 years ago

OK this looks good. Going to watch it with my daughter.

Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous Trailer

#6970 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In general i don't like illuminated buttons, but for this machine in these color it's awesome! Congrats

#6971 3 years ago

Anyone else have issue of C shot returning SDTM too often? Mine just started doing so and I'm wondering whether there are any fixes short of bending the end of the rail inward.

#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Anyone else have issue of C shot returning SDTM too often? Mine just started doing so and I'm wondering whether there are any fixes short of bending the end of the rail inward.

Mine feeds the left flipper every time. You're probably going to need to adjust the rail, no way around it.

#6973 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Have you checked the pitch of you PF, maybe this has changed from when you originally setup your machine

#6974 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those who have added illuminated flipper buttons, what brand/color did you choose?

I bought yellow ones from PBL. They feel great, no different than factory. Get the reed tool when you order. My left flipper switch closed too early from the factory. After opening up the reed a little bit, I have much better control.

20200920_213220 (resized).jpg20200920_213220 (resized).jpg
#6975 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you checked the pitch of you PF, maybe this has changed from when you originally setup your machine

I haven't. Not sure how it would change, but worth checking nonetheless. Maybe it has a little bit of left/right pitch that it didn't use to have. It is pretty deflating to be having a good game and then get a SDTM feed that didn't use to occur. Pinball can be maddeningly sensitive to very small changes that are hard to track down.

#6976 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Take a very thin 1-2mm strip of mylar and stick it directly in the crease of the bend closest to the flippers - the last crease in the ball guide.

On mine the ball was bouncing off the transition crease and going sdtm. Experiment with thin strips of blue painters tape then finalize with mylar cut similarly to the painters tape.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/96#post-5609401

#6977 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Take a very thin 1-2mm strip of mylar and stick it directly in the crease of the bend closest to the flippers - the last crease in the ball guide.
On mine the ball was bouncing off the transition crease and going sdtm. Experiment with thin strips of blue painters tape then finalize with mylar cut similarly to the painters tape.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/96#post-5609401

nice approach before bending those guides.

#6978 3 years ago

This week in pinball mentioned a new topper possibly coming for our game from Lior (the gentleman who made that awesome hobbit topper). He made the hobbit topper have smoke, wonder if JP will get blood dripping from trex mouth. The toilet scene would be cool

#6979 3 years ago

A little entertaining JP music video for those of you who haven't seen it

#6980 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

trough opto issues should only cause premature end of ball or actual end of game not registering.
i'd try to figure out which switches are randomly registering, then check switch gap and connectors to those assemblies. gl.

Thanks, I'm no longer getting the trough opto alert, and think the issue might be with the left ramp exit opto. Intermittently the shot doesn't register when I make the ramp, and sometimes after launching the first ball I simultaneously get awarded a white arrow and a rescue shot, and the set trap targets light up. I've run the switch tests multiple times and this opto never fails the test.

IMG_20200921_140356 (resized).jpgIMG_20200921_140356 (resized).jpg
#6981 3 years ago

Hi! Completely new to pinball here. I just ordered my JP Premium today and super excited. I didnt realize there was so much you can do to these things. Cant wait!!

#6982 3 years ago

Can someone please help me with the post sleeve count and position on this game (I don't own the game yet)? I'm not seeing them documented in the manual (may not know what I'm looking for). I visually see 7 in photos, but the kits that were built on Titan all have 12 in them.

Here are the 7 that are obvious to me:

2 x T-Rex Ramp
2 x Right Metal Ramp
2 x Raptor Pit
1 x Upper Flipper

#6983 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Can someone please help me with the post sleeve count and position on this game (I don't own the game yet)? I'm not seeing them documented in the manual (may not know what I'm looking for). I visually see 7 in photos, but the kits that were built on Titan all have 12 in them.
2 x T-Rex Ramp
2 x Right Metal Ramp
2 x Raptor Pit
1 x Upper Flipper

I believe you're correct at 7. I'm not home to look at my machine. I created one of the first kits on Titans website and I put 12 post sleeves in my kit because they take a beating and need replacing more often than the other rubbers. I also include 1 extra of each size in my kits. Just as spares.

#6984 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

Hi! Completely new to pinball here. I just ordered my JP Premium today and super excited. I didnt realize there was so much you can do to these things. Cant wait!!

Welcome aboard! Yes, theres always something to be adding or tinkering with. The running joke is, go ahead and make room for your 2nd pin. It wont be long.

#6985 3 years ago

For those who want to add trees, here is my solution for the base. I 3D print the disks with holes, use plastic model glue to adhere the base of tree, then after dried use flush cutters to remove the extra stem. I then us clear double sided mounting take cut to size and place tree on top of plastic in desired locations.

Had similar technique on my DE JP, and I never once had a tree fall except when I accidentally broke them with my arm while working on the playfield. The disks are 1.6mm tall and 7/8" in diameter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LFRN1K8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image

I'm happy to share the STL file with those who want to print their own, or for those who would like me to make them I'll sell them for 50 cents each plus $1 for postage (e.g. 20 disks = $11) - just PM me.

IMG_4516 (resized).JPGIMG_4516 (resized).JPGIMG_4518 (resized).JPGIMG_4518 (resized).JPGIMG_4517 (resized).JPGIMG_4517 (resized).JPG

Added 7 months ago:

FYI: I now offer the same disc tree bases, but in laser cut clear acrylic.

#6986 3 years ago

I just buy this for the game room.
71InErNmOSL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71InErNmOSL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#6987 3 years ago

I've noticed the post sleeves near the TRex ramp feel like they are made of leather after a few plays... 8-) But seriously, you'll want to replace a few of these things regularly. You can swap them for color, or for bounce or for both reasons. And you'll find at least 3 different 'green' sleeve colors depending on who you source from, and whether buying opaque or translucent rubber sleeves.

#6988 3 years ago

Look what just pulled into my driveway . . .

Man, I've got mods arriving nearly every day, but no pin until at least the end of October

IMG_4519 (resized).JPGIMG_4519 (resized).JPG

#6989 3 years ago

If anyone has a Stern topper and or lighted shooter rod they want to sell, please PM me.

Thanks!

#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Man, I've got mods arriving nearly every day, but no pin until at least the end of October
[quoted image]

These Jeep it's for replace the stock Jeep? Where can i buy it? Thanks!!

#6991 3 years ago
Quoted from Hokie822:

"I'm just going to buy this one machine, and that's it!"
-- Half the people in this hobby

#6992 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

[quoted image]

At least you’ll have plenty of toys to play with till you get your pin

#6993 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Google: "JADA 1:43 JURASSIC JEEP"

#6994 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Yes, search this thread and you will see instructions. I got a deal on mine used from eBay, but it looks perfect.

#6995 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

At least you’ll have plenty of toys to play with till you get your pin

You should hear all of the dinosaur noises I've been making.

#6996 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't quite get the tape to lay in a way that seemed to work. Upon further review I think the issue was mushrooming of the edge of the rail from taking head-on strikes. Filed a little and am going to test drive tonight. I should have thought to check this first because I had a similar issue on my IMDN launch guide.

#6997 3 years ago

Mind me asking how much in case I see something similar?

Quoted from Galvez1978:

I just buy this for the game room.
[quoted image]

#6998 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

2 x T-Rex Ramp
2 x Right Metal Ramp
2 x Raptor Pit
1 x Upper Flipper

I finally had a chance to look at my machine. There are 4 post sleeves at the raptor pit (2 in front, 2 in back) and 1 post hidden just behind the Newton ball truck. So, I'm seeing a total of 10. Which makes more sense to me as to why I put 12 in my titan kit.

#6999 3 years ago

I ordered a JP prem a week ago and the dealer said it would ship in October from Stern. What are the odds that will actually happen?

#7000 3 years ago
Quoted from ZZZ_spy_hunter:

I ordered a JP prem a week ago and the dealer said it would ship in October from Stern. What are the odds that will actually happen?

There is another run in October, so if he confirmed that his pre-order is on their list, the odds are pretty high. I think he would be assigning your address to one of his slots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
There are 21,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 424.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/140?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.