(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,272 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 minutes ago by scootss
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 426.
#601 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That sucks man!!! Why isn’t there a massive thread trashing Stern the way they do to JJP?

There is

#602 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Anyone have a count on how many post sleeves are in JP? I looked at the manual on sterns website, and see no mention of them. The hard plastic black ones that came in my GoTG were total crap, and I'm ordering replacements.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1128

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That sucks man!!! Why isn’t there a massive thread trashing Stern the way they do to JJP? Clearly its not just a JJP issue but maybe an industry wide issue.
I would be pretty pissed that really sucks!!!! Hopefully that gets fixed for you!.

Stern replaces bad playfields for free and the stern problem doesn’t seem to be as widespread.

#604 4 years ago

They'll work it out! ...

#605 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That sucks man!!! Why isn’t there a massive thread trashing Stern the way they do to JJP? Clearly its not just a JJP issue but maybe an industry wide issue.
I would be pretty pissed that really sucks!!!! Hopefully that gets fixed for you!

If Stern just blows off people who contact them about chipping on their playfields, then they would deserve the same criticism. I don't know if that's the case with them or not. I have a JP2 on order, and I hope I don't have to find out. Playfields should not chip or show these types of issues in less than a year. They just shouldn't. I know from my experience how JJP responded to my contacts with them about chipping on my POTC. Silence.

I called JJP to ask for advice on how to secure/repair my chipping. Nothing more than that. Just asking for advice. Their response? "We'll get back to you." 2 weeks later I call again. "We'll get back to you". Repeat that same cycle a couple more times. And all I was asking for was advice on how best to lay the chip back down. That's all I requested on each call and they wouldn't even get back to me about it. With my machine out of the 30 day warranty I knew advice was all I really could ask for. Did I think they should have offered more of a resolution than what I was asking for? Absolutely yes if they wanted to maintain a good customer relationship. But I left it for them to choose what, if anything else, they would do. They chose to do nothing more than sell an unpopulated playfield AND charge shipping for it. They made their choice, so I'm making mine and not buying from them again. Their product has a very important component that has issues which call into question how the playfield will last long term and they're unresponsive about it. That's not the type of company I'll purchase from again.

I think it's that dismissing/ignoring of the customer that has been the most disappointing (and yet also enlightening) thing about the whole issue with JJP. Now on Pinside I see the issue popping up with some Stern machines. I'm hoping I don't run into this same situation with JP2 or, if it does happen, maybe Stern will have some better assistance. Fingers crossed (but not holding my breath).

#606 4 years ago

Well seems like a fun time but haven't had a large chunk to get into it yet.

For those keeping score my Raptor pit gate broke on the 4th play.
EDIT: WTF is this thing made out of? Doesn't feel like a normal gate...or live as long

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If Stern just blows off people who contact them about chipping on their playfields, then they would deserve the same criticism. I don't know if that's the case with them or not. I have a JP2 on order, and I hope I don't have to find out. Playfields should not chip or show these types of issues in less than a year. They just shouldn't. I know from my experience how JJP responded to my contacts with them about chipping on my POTC. Silence.
I called JJP to ask for advice on how to secure/repair my chipping. Nothing more than that. Just asking for advice. Their response? "We'll get back to you." 2 weeks later I call again. "We'll get back to you". Repeat that same cycle a couple more times. And all I was asking for was advice on how best to lay the chip back down. That's all I requested on each call and they wouldn't even get back to me about it. With my machine out of the 30 day warranty I knew advice was all I really could ask for. Did I think they should have offered more of a resolution than what I was asking for? Absolutely yes if they wanted to maintain a good customer relationship. But I left it for them to choose what, if anything else, they would do. They chose to do nothing more than sell an unpopulated playfield AND charge shipping for it. They made their choice, so I'm making mine and not buying from them again. Their product has a very important component that has issues which call into question how the playfield will last long term and they're unresponsive about it. That's not the type of company I'll purchase from again.
I think it's that dismissing/ignoring of the customer that has been the most disappointing (and yet also enlightening) thing about the whole issue with JJP. Now on Pinside I see the issue popping up with some Stern machines. I'm hoping I don't run into this same situation with JP2 or, if it does happen, maybe Stern will have some better assistance. Fingers crossed (but not holding my breath).

Wow. That’s a shame, and good to know.

#608 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Well thought out post man. I've never owned a JJP machine due to the cost, but I've played some on location. I've always admired the build quality on those machines. That's pretty disappointing to hear about your experience with their customer service. JP2 is my first ever new in box experience, and from what I'm hearing, Stern is much more responsive in dealing with customer problems, and quality control issues. Fingers crossed, both of us (and everyone else) never have to find out first hand.

#609 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

then yellow Set Trap shots.

Ahhh that's what I was missing. Had a decent 600 game going but got sort of stuck in a triceratops mode and couldn't figure out how to keep going; duh.

Also need more work on the truck, doesn't seem to move much for me but I'm probably not hitting it right.

#610 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ahhh that's what I was missing. Had a decent 600 game going but got sort of stuck in a triceratops mode and couldn't figure out how to keep going; duh.
Also need more work on the truck, doesn't seem to move much for me but I'm probably not hitting it right.

Did you remove the factory-shipped rubber band? Don’t feel dumb if you didn’t - I missed it on mine Haha

#611 4 years ago

Anyone who pays thousands of dollars for anything should get first class customer service. I don't care if its from Stern, JJP, a car dealer doesn't matter. With all that being said it seems like JJP gets hammered around this website 10 times more than any other company. Sometimes very unfair, people making comments or starting threads that say things like 'IS JJP GOING OUT OF BUSINESS' WILL THIS BE THEIR LAST YEAR, and the list goes on.

I think all pinball companies should treat their customers the same, and the pinball community should treat all pinball companies the same. Stern has a longer track record that is not even being questioned. Other companies creating games, and giving any and all companies a run for their money is GOOD for pinball NOT bad.

The auto industry has tons of different car manufacturers and each one is trying to outdo the next one... you want the same thing in pinball, therefore each game should be reviewed and evaluated based on that game not who makes it. I just think sometimes things get way unfair, some companies get the benefit of the doubt while others get outright hammered.

If JJP shipped you a bad playfield they should send you a new on FREE!

Period! Just give each company the benefit of the doubt, keep an open mind from one game to the next.

I have a WONKA and I think its one of the best pinball game ever made and I mean EVER! Do I want to see my playfield chip no i do not... but it hasn't chipped so far so good. If someone else's did I would hope JJP will take care of it the same that Stern should.

I can only say I contacted Stern about my Munsters falling into the cabinet, then getting wedged into the playfield and broke off a giant piece of the bottom. They never sent me a new playfield... I'm still waiting for a call back 2 months later.

Why did it fall in... their super cheap rails, which aren't even 1/10 as good as JJP's or the old Williams games. The rods that guide on those rails just didn't have enough reach over the rails and boom just fell into the cabinet.

I'm not bitching the top of the playfield is okay for now... I just moved on.

#612 4 years ago

@ TheLaw

The truck moves better if you reduce playfield pitch a hair. If your pitch is a little high the truck doesn't pivot as easy. Just a little adjustment to pitch will make a difference for the truck moving.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I would be pretty pissed that really sucks!!!! Hopefully that gets fixed for you!

There is tons of Stern bashing going on right now. JJP is not standing behind their product at all though and basically just telling their customers that they are on their own. We will see how Stern handles it as well. If they make it right with their customers all will be good. If they don't people will be raising hell and rightfully so and both companies and distros are going to lose a ton of business.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is tons of Stern bashing going on right now. JJP is not standing behind their product at all though and basically just telling their customers that they are on their own.

Haven’t had the clearcoat issues that others have had, but we have run into other issues with Wonka on location. JJP support has been great, sending replacement parts overnight, etc.

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

JJP support has been great, sending replacement parts overnight, etc.

I think both companies have been pretty good when it comes to mechanical issues, its this playfield business thats causing the problem. I've never had an issue, probably due to the fact that I play around 300 to 500 times then sell and buy something new, I'm sure there are many cases with much less in terms of plays with issues but personally I've been lucky. My JP2 is perfect. If Stern and JJP don't address the consumers with problems its going to take a toll. Time will tell.

#616 4 years ago

Haven’t had the clearcoat issues that others have had, but we have run into other issues with Wonka on location. JJP support has been great, sending replacement parts overnight, etc.

Yesh well wait until you have a playfield thats chipping to pieces and falling apart and they tell you to take a hike. You will change your tune then i promise you.

#617 4 years ago

Who Dey talkin’ bout

8BF784F9-8408-4889-A517-20C3CB047298 (resized).jpeg8BF784F9-8408-4889-A517-20C3CB047298 (resized).jpeg
#618 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Who Dey talkin’ bout[quoted image]

Shouldnt you be working right now? Lol

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Shouldnt you be working right now? Lol

Lol!! Hey Brother!

#620 4 years ago

Well thought out post man. I've never owned a JJP machine due to the cost, but I've played some on location. I've always admired the build quality on those machines. That's pretty disappointing to hear about your experience with their customer service. JP2 is my first ever new in box experience, and from what I'm hearing, Stern is much more responsive in dealing with customer problems, and quality control issues. Fingers crossed, both of us (and everyone else) never have to find out first hand.

Lets be super super super super clear:

JJP build quality is a complete and utter myth spend some time in any of the fan club threads to see evidence. On my own dialled in:

Trap Door Fail
Multiple screen fails
motherboard fail
other issues..

At this stage I wouldn't touch another JJP game the premium is absolutely poor value.

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is tons of Stern bashing going on right now. JJP is not standing behind their product at all though and basically just telling their customers that they are on their own. We will see how Stern handles it as well. If they make it right with their customers all will be good. If they don't people will be raising hell and rightfully so and both companies and distros are going to lose a ton of business.

Not only is JJP standing behind there product they have gone way above what they had to do.
Example: my WOZ is 2nd owner and made in 2015?
Any issue I ever have the send replacement parts and help with installation questions Free.

My Hobbit which is a route purchase and 28,000 games played same thing. I told JJP hey to be fair I'm not original owner and it's high plays?
There response "we want to take care of all of our customers ". They shipped parts needed no charge.

Wonka same thing and got back to me crazy fast.

Now I'm just a regular collector with no pull in the pinball world.

So in closing You either work for Stern?
Or are making things up?

Perhaps your miss informed?

Anyway there you have it

#622 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well seems like a fun time but haven't had a large chunk to get into it yet.
For those keeping score my Raptor pit gate broke on the 4th play.
EDIT: WTF is this thing made out of? Doesn't feel like a normal gate...or live as long

We are twins with game 4 gate breaks! For what it is worth sent picture and serial number to Chas at Stern and he said one would be in the mail...but in all honesty I kind of like how it plays without the gate.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

We are twins with game 4 gate breaks! For what it is worth sent picture and serial number to Chas at Stern and he said one would be in the mail...but in all honesty I kind of like how it plays without the gate.

If it plays well without the gate, what exactly was the gate there for? I understand it's a 1 way gate, so the ball would enter and not roll back out. What does the ball do now? Does it still feed to the left flipper?

#624 4 years ago

JJP

"build quality"

#625 4 years ago

How many replacement part do you think Stern send us overseas? Absolutely nothing!!

Broken plastic, missing parts, damage cabinet and playfield that looks like shit right out of the box.

#626 4 years ago

If it plays well without the gate, what exactly was the gate there for? I understand it's a 1 way gate, so the ball would enter and not roll back out. What does the ball do now? Does it still feed to the left flipper?

It just makes it so that it can exit straight back down sometimes instead of hitting that gate and going to the C/Control room area. Makes it a bit more like Sparky, but since the reality is most shots at the Raptor area don't get all the way to that back target typically it doesn't have a huge impact on how it does shoot. I have had it happen twice where I hot the C/Control Room shot and it actually turns into the pit area and returns via that path.

#627 4 years ago

new code installed and damn is this pin great.

#628 4 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

How many replacement part do you think Stern send us overseas? Absolutely nothing!!
Broken plastic, missing parts, damage cabinet and playfield that looks like shit right out of the box.

It sucks to be overseas!

Seriously though the drama between the JJP fan boys and the Stern fanboys is quite entertaining. Sure there are issues but I doubt its ever as bad as many make it out to be. Just pinside drama... JJP is better... not Stern is better... I'm calling my mommy!

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Not only is JJP standing behind there product they have gone way above what they had to do.
Any issue I ever have the send replacement parts and help with installation questions Free.
My Hobbit which is a route purchase and 28,000 games played same thing. I told JJP hey to be fair I'm not original owner and it's high plays?
There response "we want to take care of all of our customers ". They shipped parts needed no charge.
Or are making things up?
Anyway there you have it

How many chipping playfields for the POTC owners has JJP replaced and now the Wonka owners? The answer is ZERO!! Instead they are offering to sell them the same shitty unpopulated soft clearcoat playfields for 550 dollars. Thats a slap in the F'ing face dude! This isn't the place to argue about it though and i don't want to derail this thread about an awesome game. Let the JP owners talk about their game.

#630 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How many chipping playfields for the POTC owners has JJP replaced and now the Wonka owners? The answer is ZERO!! Instead they are offering to sell them the same shitty unpopulated clearcoat playfields for 550 dollars. Thats a slap in the F'ing face dude! This isn't the place to argue about it though and i don't want to derail this thread about an awesome game. Let the JP owners talk about their game.

I get it
No worries.
Pin on!

I to am a JP owner

Just Love all forms of pinball.Even the Jetsons.

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Or are making things up?
Anyway there you have it

Glad you’ve had a good experience with them on mechanical parts issues, but that doesn’t mean others haven’t had a good experience with them on issues with playfields on new machines. Two different very types of issues and two very different types of service responses by the same company. Shouldn’t be that hard to believe.

Now, moving back on to Jurassic Park. Did anyone see in a stream last week where Keith Elwin commented in the chat about a secret skill shot? I couldn’t tell if he was kidding or not. It would be cool if there were some undisclosed scoring shots like that in the game though.

#632 4 years ago

I'm still trying to get the third skill shot in the combo. I almost always nail the first, 50% on the second, never hit the third. I love how slow the ball goes down that right wireform, although it probably gives me too much time to think about it and miss it!

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

You're
20190826_102445 (resized).jpg20190826_102445 (resized).jpg

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you remove the factory-shipped rubber band? Don’t feel dumb if you didn’t - I missed it on mine Haha

So funny I was laying in bed today and wondered if it was secured someway thanks.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I was gonna deal with it today, but I too was getting used to it. I will replace it though just to get around shit like control room mode selection happening without the ball being held.

Does it still feed to the left flipper?

No it can go batshit crazy. Instead of a soft return, and it holding the ball sometimes, it just comes out whichever way it wants.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Almost 4000 plays and it's fine. So I'm betting not. I think the discounted playfield offer is a fair one and I do plan on buying it at some point, just to preserve this game for the ages.

I think the offer of a selling you a PF to rectify a manufacturing defect is an insult
Especially when you consider the skill needed to replace one
I can't image if I bought a tv that had a scratch on the screen Samsung would send a new screen expecting me to dismantle the tv and replace it

For those that don't have an issue with the rippling and chipping, that great.
You have a higher tolerance for then I do - but don't try and convince others that they should also accept it.

#636 4 years ago

The secret Skill shot is in it. If you miss the regular shot . or do not get the ball up the uturn ramp at helicopter all you need do to score secret skill shot is the O shot (right orbit shot) and you will receive 8 million for the secret skill shot . =)

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So funny I was laying in bed today and wondered if it was secured someway thanks.

Hah, so it was the rubber band? I felt like a complete tool when I found that thing, haha.

#638 4 years ago

What a lovely picture. I think I'm gonna save that image, just for posterity, whatever the word means.

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hah, so it was the rubber band? I felt like a complete tool when I found that thing, haha.

Right there in the middle of the playfield, glaringly obvious from all angles

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right there in the middle of the playfield, glaringly obvious from all angles

I've heard of a few people having this issue. Damn Stern and their evil rubber bands!

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Just Love all forms of pinball.Even the Jetsons.

Now let's not be unreasonable here.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've heard of a few people having this issue. Damn Stern and their evil rubber bands!

It's kinda easy to overlook, the bands tuck under the balls.

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

the bands tuck under the balls.

Well where else? Thats where I put my bands.

#644 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Gross

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Primitive form of birth control, but whatever works!

#646 4 years ago

Thank you all for giving updates and posting pictures I talked to my distributor today and things are on hold until they can figure out what exactly the issue seems to be with the playfields. Please keep posting pictures and updates.

#647 4 years ago

On my location game, the post for the upper right flipper keeps coming out so I put blue loctite on it and it still managed to come loose.. guess I’ll try red next.

Last few days we’ve noticed the flippers have been really weak. During a tourney today the ball could barely rotate the car and struggled to make ramp shots. Any other ops have this issue?

Yeah, we tried blue loctite as well and it still came loose. We've tightened it again and I've ordered a longer bottomed post from PBL to see if I can get a locking nut on underneath it to hold it in place, but it might be blocked by the flipper plate. I'm really reluctant to put red loctite in there and going to do whatever I can to avoid doing so.

Regarding weak flippers. Check the EOS switches to make sure they're properly adjusted. Then check flipper switches, and also the flipper mechs to make sure the coil stops/screws are all tight and everything moves freely. Final thing would be a node board swap between 8 and 9. Occasionally, a bad node board can cause weak flippers although it's usually intermittent and not consistent like you're seeing.

#648 4 years ago

Instead of arguing and complaining with each other online for who has the better build quality, why not take the time to call the stern, jjp or spooky and complain? Spooky doesnt get a free pass in this as my tna still has chipping under the neoprene washers.

Thats awesome alice cooper doesnt have the problem but what about all the tna owners who do?

#649 4 years ago

I missed the rubber band on the truck too initially but found that after about 5 minutes of play. The truck still wasn't moving with every hit. My pitch was slightly steep and backing off pitch a hair made the truck swivel much easier with any hits.

On the post by the flipper I tightened it about another 3/4 of a turn when initially setting the game up. Post has stayed tight. About 100 plays so far.

#650 4 years ago

Those should be slim post sleeves, minus one regular size to protect the right side of the left ramp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,272 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/13?hl=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.