(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 426.
#6801 3 years ago
Quoted from Moelabby:

After a few more quick games , seems that even after i shoot the original ball into play if i press the flippers( either one or both) a few times rapidly, a second ball is put into play autoplunged.

One of your outlane switches is too sensitive, is my initial thought. Check that first. Could be a trough opto, as well. Your shooter lane switch may also need adjustment. Go to switch test mode and give some light smacks on the playfield or cab sides to see what triggers.

#6802 3 years ago
Quoted from Moelabby:

After a few more quick games , seems that even after i shoot the original ball into play if i press the flippers( either one or both) a few times rapidly, a second ball is put into play autoplunged.

The left outlane is a ball save (labeled escape) - I’d start my troubleshooting with that switch.

#6803 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

The left outlane is a ball save (labeled escape) - I’d start my troubleshooting with that switch.

Ball save is also on a timer - could be either outlane switch. I’d call stern.

#6804 3 years ago

Thanks guys , gives me somewhere to start looking.

#6805 3 years ago

Playing yesterday had a funny (but fun!) smart missile sequence. It was my first smart missile of the game. I selected +5 Rescues. I hit the smart missile target. The ball came out to the upper flipper and I hit the tower ramp, and another smart missile activated. This time I chose extra ball and I hit it again. So I got two smart missile shots back to back, but I didn’t think they were supposed to stack. Not sure what caused me to get the 2nd one.

#6806 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Playing yesterday had a funny (but fun!) smart missile sequence. It was my first smart missile of the game. I selected +5 Rescues. I hit the smart missile target. The ball came out to the upper flipper and I hit the tower ramp, and another smart missile activated. This time I chose extra ball and I hit it again. So I got two smart missile shots back to back, but I didn’t think they were supposed to stack. Not sure what caused me to get the 2nd one.

If you figure it out, let us know!

#6807 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

So I got two smart missile shots back to back, but I didn’t think they were supposed to stack. Not sure what caused me to get the 2nd one.

Dont rescues light smart missile? so your +5 smart missile probably pushed you into the next smart missile award.

#6808 3 years ago

This has happened to me many times.
Usually when I’m starting to light it up,
Not sure what causes it, but I like it!!

Quoted from EaglePin:

#6809 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

This has happened to me many times.
Usually when I’m starting to light it up,
Not sure what causes it, but I like it!!

Yeah had this happen once too. Think i did not chosse 5 rescues.

#6810 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Yeah had this happen once too. Think i did not chosse 5 rescues.

You can also get the same effect with the 'Clear paddock' award.

Rescues awarded pushes you over the next threshold.

#6811 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

That would be possible.

#6812 3 years ago

Just had a fun game, I had Chaos MB and Invalid Frenzy (smart missile) at the same time, don't know how many add-a-ball's I got but it was a lot - MB seemed to go forever. I find JP brutal if you brick a shot but when you're in the curve, man this game is sweet!!!

#6813 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just had a fun game, I had Chaos MB and Invalid Frenzy (smart missile) at the same time, don't know how many add-a-ball's I got but it was a lot - MB seemed to go forever. I find JP brutal if you brick a shot but when you're in the curve, man this game is sweet!!!

I didnt figure out until about a week ago, that while in chaos mb, hitting a certain number of pop bumpers will add a ball. I'll never figure this one out completely

#6814 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Dont rescues light smart missile? so your +5 smart missile probably pushed you into the next smart missile award.

Yep that makes sense, thanks! So choosing +5 rescues seems like a decent option for the first smart missile, because if you hit it you get a 2-fer.

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Nice! So maybe +5 for the first one and then Clear Paddock for the next one. Gets you a 3-fer!!! Awesome!

#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow, score must have blown up on that one!

#6817 3 years ago

Hello friends, can i make question? I want reserve a JP Pro but here in Spain are all sold out, my local distributor have only one Premium in stock, he will receive the Pro in the middle of next year, i must wait for the Pro? Or go to the Premium?

The distributor offered the Premium with 10% of discount, side arts and shaker motor for free.

Thank you so much!

#6818 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Hello friends, can i make question? I want reserve a JP Pro but here in Spain are all sold out, my local distributor have only one Premium in stock, he will receive the Pro in the middle of next year, i must wait for the Pro? Or go to the Premium?
The distributor offered the Premium with 10% of discount, side arts and shaker motor for free.
Thank you so much!

Premium

#6819 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thank you so much!

I'd go Premium. This is one of a handful of Stern titles where the Premium is really worth it. Best art package and the moving T-Rex and improved Raptor pen are great additions.

#6820 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thank you so much!

Take the premium!!! No questions, far fancier machine, 10% off, etc. (And I would NOT count on any distributor getting any specific machines 'next year'. JP could go out of production easily and then no PROs would happen. It's an unknown what happens in Stern's production line). And remember that the 10% discount you'll get, plus the $300 worth of mods you can skip with make it similiar in price). Plus it's HERE NOW

#6821 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thank you so much!

Premium.

#6822 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thank you so much!

I have a Pro model and love it. HOWEVER, if your distributor has a Premium in stock and is giving you all the extra stuff, BUY THAT PREMIUM. Dont wait another minute.

#6823 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Thank you so much!

Premium 100000%!

#6824 3 years ago

Got my shooter rod, topper and art blades added. Love this game!

IMG_20200913_211427 (resized).jpgIMG_20200913_211427 (resized).jpg
#6825 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Premium 100000%!

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I have a Pro model and love it. HOWEVER, if your distributor has a Premium in stock and is giving you all the extra stuff, BUY THAT PREMIUM. Dont wait another minute.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

Take the premium!!! No questions, far fancier machine, 10% off, etc. (And I would NOT count on any distributor getting any specific machines 'next year'. JP could go out of production easily and then no PROs would happen. It's an unknown what happens in Stern's production line). And remember that the 10% discount you'll get, plus the $300 worth of mods you can skip with make it similiar in price). Plus it's HERE NOW

Quoted from MikeS:

I'd go Premium. This is one of a handful of Stern titles where the Premium is really worth it. Best art package and the moving T-Rex and improved Raptor pen are great additions.

Thanks for al the replies, i'll call tomorrow for buy the Premium, regards!!!

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Got my shooter rod, topper and art blades added. Love this game!
[quoted image]

I've been trying to order the blades from Stern's shop, but they go to out of stock when I try to check out.

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've been trying to order the blades from Stern's shop, but they go to out of stock when I try to check out.

If you want to save some money, get these off eBay. for under $20 you can make your own side art.
ebay.com link: 3D dinosaur Jurassic Removable Wall Stickers Decal Kids bed room Home Decor USA

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6828 3 years ago

Not sure if it has been discussed, but I wondered about the premium translight art. There are 2 raptors and a stegosaurus, but then a 4th dino on the right. Not sure if that is a dilophosaurus or what? Looks like it could be a throwback to the DE JP ball eating dino mech. Looks really similar to that.

#6829 3 years ago

@treborlicec I ordered mine from my local distributor. I think pinballlife also have the blades. I could only find the shooter rod and topper from my local distributor.

#6830 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nice! So maybe +5 for the first one and then Clear Paddock for the next one. Gets you a 3-fer!!! Awesome!

I seem to remember hearing on a stream that the first smart missile will have the +5 rescues and, if you hit it, the next SM will have the option for extra ball in place of the +5. I’ve always gone with +5 on my first just so I can unlock that EB for my second. Plus, as stated before, that +5 can push you over for a rescue EB.

#6831 3 years ago

I was generally using my smart missile for complete chaos. Sounds like I need to change up that strategy.

#6832 3 years ago

I was generally using my smart missile for complete chaos. Sounds like I need to change up that strategy.

Complete Chaos probably isn't a bad choice either though. It gives you a full spelling of Chaos so if you're already at the O shot it takes you all the way around so you'll only have to hit O and S to have spelled it twice, and spelling it twice unlocks a Control Room mode. Lots of good choices available in this game to go after it different ways.

#6833 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Complete Chaos probably isn't a bad choice either though. It gives you a full spelling of Chaos so if you're already at the O shot it takes you all the way around so you'll only have to hit O and S to have spelled it twice, and spelling it twice unlocks a Control Room mode. Lots of good choices available in this game to go after it different ways.

so, it spots you one full spelling of chaos, regardless of how many letters you've already hit? Mine doesn't seem to do that. Maybe I'm mistaken. I thought it just lit the remaining letters. I'm still on 1.0 code though.

#6834 3 years ago

so, it spots you one full spelling of chaos, regardless of how many letters you've already hit? Mine doesn't seem to do that. Maybe I'm mistaken. I thought it just lit the remaining letters. I'm still on 1.0 code though.

This is what it says on the Tiltforums rules sheet: "Complete CHAOS - Awards five CHAOS letters, wrapping back to where your current lit letter was if spelling CHAOS doesn’t light the MB. This does not necessarily immediately start Chaos MB if it lights it; the ball still has to hit the target again".

If I'm remembering correctly, I think the initial code didn't do that. I think if you were on the O and you hit Complete Chaos with a smart missile it just took you through the S to qualify multiball, but then a code update at some point made it so you wrap around to get 5 letters from it. I just read though the readme files for the Code updates and couldn't find which update it was in though.

#6835 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This is what it says on the Tiltforums rules sheet: "Complete CHAOS - Awards five CHAOS letters, wrapping back to where your current lit letter was if spelling CHAOS doesn’t light the MB. This does not necessarily immediately start Chaos MB if it lights it; the ball still has to hit the target again".
If I'm remembering correctly, I think the initial code didn't do that. I think if you were on the O and you hit Complete Chaos with a smart missile it just took you through the S to qualify multiball, but then a code update at some point made it so you wrap around to get 5 letters from it. I just read though the readme files for the Code updates and couldn't find which update it was in though.

I'll just update my code when I have some time. My laptop is older than dirt and code downloads take forever, so I avoid them......lol

#6836 3 years ago

Not sure if it has been discussed, but I wondered about the premium translight art. There are 2 raptors and a stegosaurus, but then a 4th dino on the right. Not sure if that is a dilophosaurus or what? Looks like it could be a throwback to the DE JP ball eating dino mech. Looks really similar to that.

There are 4 raptors and a stego.

#6837 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I seem to remember hearing on a stream that the first smart missile will have the +5 rescues and, if you hit it, the next SM will have the option for extra ball in place of the +5. I’ve always gone with +5 on my first just so I can unlock that EB for my second. Plus, as stated before, that +5 can push you over for a rescue EB.

From what i have experienced Extraball is availabe if a t-rex mode is ready or running or if any other multiball is running because Extraball will replace "Raptor-MB". So when Smartmissile is lit you can hit the truck until t-rex is ready, or hit the raptor gate until the raptor MB is lit (dont have to start it). Now you can shoot the t-rex ramp/tower ramp to start smartmissile for your EB.

Regarding chaos letters- first chaos gives you the chaos MB and the second gives you a controll room mode. am i right?

#6838 3 years ago

Hey, question for anyone who installed a shaker motor. I just installed the official one from stern. Easy install, tightened all the screws, etc. I wanted to check and make sure that it is normal for the machine to REALLY shake. When it is set to moderate or maximum use it SHAKES. Feels like the whole house shakes haha. This is my first Pinball machine and first shaker motor so I just wanted to check and make sure this is normal is isn't going to hurt the machine in any way! Thanks!

#6839 3 years ago

Moderate and maximum settings are how often it shakes, not the intensity. I would think it is normal and shouldn't hurt anything.

#6840 3 years ago

That makes sense. But when it does shake, it SHAKES. Ive been trying to find videos of other machines to compare but couldn't find any. Just wanted to make sure mine is not abnormal

#6841 3 years ago

Is the glass rattling? Maybe that's making it seem worse then it is.

#6842 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

That makes sense. But when it does shake, it SHAKES. Ive been trying to find videos of other machines to compare but couldn't find any. Just wanted to make sure mine is not abnormal

Short answer, yes! It will shake like an asteroid hit the earth in anything but minimal setting on the game and in the original configuration. You can move the weights on the motor (I have the Pinball life motor-I assume its the same). Mine were in mirrored position right out of the box. That configuration and max setting was rattling pictures off my walls! Moving one weight about 90° And changing settings really mellowed it out. Fiddle with repositioning weights and settings to find your sweet spot

#6843 3 years ago

Thank you! I had no idea you can reposition the weights. I will take a look at that. No the glass is not rattling. I've just never used one before and was totally blindsided by the intensity.

#6844 3 years ago

Thank you! I had no idea you can reposition the weights. I will take a look at that. No the glass is not rattling. I've just never used one before and was totally blindsided by the intensity.

Agree with Hop721. I adjusted the weight 90 degrees and put it on maximal setting. It now seems to be the perfect shake for my machine

#6845 3 years ago

Alot of your rattling noise is probably coming from the back glass. Mine was. I simply put some sticky squares of fuzzy velcro on the edges of the back glass and the machine as a whole is about 70% more quiet as a result.

#6846 3 years ago

Hey, question for anyone who installed a shaker motor. I just installed the official one from stern. Easy install, tightened all the screws, etc. I wanted to check and make sure that it is normal for the machine to REALLY shake. When it is set to moderate or maximum use it SHAKES. Feels like the whole house shakes haha. This is my first Pinball machine and first shaker motor so I just wanted to check and make sure this is normal is isn't going to hurt the machine in any way! Thanks!

I just buy the JP Premium and the shaker motor, but i do not received yet, you know it are any tutorial for install it? Regards?

#6847 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

I just buy the JP Premium and the shaker motor, but i do not received yet, you know it are any tutorial for install it? Regards?

6 screws and a plug - comes with instructions. You’ll be fine. Super easy.

#6848 3 years ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

Two things I suggest when you are ready to install the shaker motor:

1) get some nylon cable tie-wraps and tie the wiring to the existing wires that run from right to left behind the cash box. It will make the installation much cleaner and prevent any tugging on those cables accidently if you pull the cashbox out. I used 5 tie-wraps.
2) get some BLUE thread-lock liquid. Harbor Frieght sells both RED and BLUE for $2 a bottle. Get the BLUE and put a drop on each thread before you screw the four screws into the cabinet mounted T-Nuts. (Blue is the medium strength, semi-permanent type)

Note1: The Premium is pre-drilled and T-Nuts installed, but not very consistently. I would use a small hammer and tap each of the T-Nuts into the cabinet from underneath before you try and install the shaker motor screws from up top. The provided longer screws that go through the cabinet are 'just' long enough if the T-Nuts are tapped in properly.

Note2: The two self-threading hex cap screws that hold the plastic cover on will be a challenge to get installed, but they WILL work! The brackets are somewhat moveable with some pressure, so just stay at it and it will thread with enough energy applied! Get the first one in, and then push/tug/press the cover front to back to front to meet the second hold and press hard when it starts to line up!

#6849 3 years ago

1) get some nylon

What a way to scare the crap out of the man, Mark. Lol

#6850 3 years ago

1) get some nylon cable tie-wraps and tie the wiring to the existing wires that run from right to left behind the cash box. It will make the installation much cleaner and prevent any tugging on those cables accidently if you pull the cashbox out. I used 5 tie-wraps.
2) get some BLUE thread-lock liquid. Harbor Frieght sells both RED and BLUE for $2 a bottle. Get the BLUE and put a drop on each thread before you screw the four screws into the cabinet mounted T-Nuts. (Blue is the medium strength, semi-permanent type)
Note1: The Premium is pre-drilled and T-Nuts installed, but not very consistently. I would use a small hammer and tap each of the T-Nuts into the cabinet from underneath before you try and install the shaker motor screws from up top. The provided longer screws that go through the cabinet are 'just' long enough if the T-Nuts are tapped in properly.
Note2: The two self-threading hex cap screws that hold the plastic cover on will be a challenge to get installed, but they WILL work! The brackets are somewhat moveable with some pressure, so just stay at it and it will thread with enough energy applied! Get the first one in, and then push/tug/press the cover front to back to front to meet the second hold and press hard when it starts to line up!

Thank you for the reply, i have a maintenance company, and i repair industrials machines, i hope a pinball will be easier , i have tie-wraps and Loctite 242 i'll do the same that you said! Thank you so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/137?hl=mcvetyty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.