(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 427.
#6701 3 years ago

I had a couple of folks ask about my experience with Win32DiskImager and Tim's file. Here is the process I used...

1. Purchase an 8GB SDCARD, Ideally a Class 10. Stern uses ADATA MLC cards in August, but any name brand should be fine.
2. Send Tim an email using Pinside contact email and he will send you the link
3. Download the file. It is a single ~8GB file, so make sure you have the space
4. Download Win32DiskImager from the Internet. You can get it here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
5. Install Win32DiskImager
6. Insert SDCARD into your PC using a USB-Card reader, ideally a USB3 slot is used. NOTE WHICH DRIVE LETTER IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE NEW CARD
7. Start Win32DiskImager and on the right side of the screen, select the Drive Letter of the new USB card
8. On the left side of Win32DiskImager, select Tim's 8GB file
9. Hit the Start button on Win32DiskImager and it will take a few minutes.
10. You should get SUCCESS message.
11. PULL AC POWER PLUG out of wall.
12. Open the backbox up, carefully moving the glass, and notice the main CPU module in the center. There is an SDCARD slot on the top right surface.
13. Apply slight pressure downward on the CARD that is already installed, and it will spring out. Pull out and save this card!!!! It is your safety net and will likely want to stay with the machine along with the manual.
14. Put the newly created CARD in the slot, and press downward IN until it clicks.
15. Close backbox.
16. Plug power in and boot machine. When you see the JP logo, you can confirm you did it correctly.

#6702 3 years ago

My recommendation is to stop over tinkering and focus on finding the shots, this is a tight game that will expose you on bad days. If you can hit the shots on Monday but not on Tuesday... it’s the Indian not the arrow. Constant tinkering will never allow you to find the shots.

#6703 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I use the PinGuy app on iPhone. I've landed at 6.8 on my JP2. On mine it's measuring the same 6.8 with the bottom of the phone resting between the flippers and also up by the truck. On my POTC it measures 6.5 by the flippers and 7.3 up by the chest lock. I'm guessing that's just a variance that can happen with a wood playfield sometimes.
I've been all over the place on flipper power from day 1. Early on I had to set a lot lower flipper power to be able to hit the shots, but then I realized the ball was hopping away from the face of the flipper as it transferred from the guide to both the upper flipper and left flipper. Adjusting those guides so the ball rolls smoothly down the face of the flippers made a huge difference and I needed to increase power again to make the shots.
So now I'm at 253 (left), 235 (right) and 233 (upper). I've had my pitch and power settings there for several months now and it's been pretty consistent for me. Now when the raptor tower & left orbit start to get clunky I know I need to re-adjust that guide above the upper flipper again, and then those shots return to being smoother. It took me about 6 or 7 months of tinkering with the pitch and power every couple weeks before I landed where I am now. Most shots would be consistent but one might be tough to get. Then I'd change it to dial in that shot and a different shot would get more difficult. It's definitely a process to find what settings work best for your machine, but you'll get it. And if it's like mine you'll know immediately when you finally find it. Suddenly it just seemed right for all the shots. It's a journey, but the destination is worth it!

Thank you very much! Just got my machine Tuesday this week, so just spending a little time tuning some things! Fixed the flipper hop off the left inlane, just need a little more tweaking, and then i'll learn to get good!

#6704 3 years ago

Screw near GI plastic came lose and will not screw back in... looks like the underside of the screw hole is under the entire flipper assembly.... any tips to fix??

461B2B55-B384-423D-9591-71F8E0D6C328 (resized).jpeg461B2B55-B384-423D-9591-71F8E0D6C328 (resized).jpeg
#6705 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Screw near GI plastic came lose and will not screw back in... looks like the underside of the screw hole is under the entire flipper assembly.... any tips to fix??[quoted image]

I would assume that it screws into a T-Nut on the bottom of the PF - can you see T-Nuts for the other return lane screws? If it is a T-Nut then it's unlikely that it would have come off the bottom of the PF but also I wouldn't have thought it would have stripped the thread either. I think you're going to have to remove the flipper bat and then drop the flipper assembly to see what has happened

#6706 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I would assume that it screws into a T-Nut on the bottom of the PF - can you see T-Nuts for the other return lane screws? If it is a T-Nut then it's unlikely that it would have come off the bottom of the PF but also I wouldn't have thought it would have stripped the thread either. I think you're going to have to remove the flipper bat and then drop the flipper assembly to see what has happened

That’s what I figured... what a pain in my ass. I have a flickering GI bulb there too so I’m sure that area is a little mess.

Just such stupid construction to have the entire flipper assembly blocking GI bulbs.

#6707 3 years ago

Anyone have a set of the Stern official art blades they don't plan to use? I know I can just order a new set, but I've had luck in the past picking up a set from a pinsider that purchased but didn't use them. Anyway, thanks if you can assist.

#6708 3 years ago

For the guys that put the flying Dino (Pteranodon) in the back right corner, can you put links of what you need? I would like to add....

#6709 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For the guys that put the flying Dino (Pteranodon) in the back right corner, can you put links of what you need? I would like to add....

Just need a "Papo" brand pteradon figure from Amazon, and a piece of metal coat hanger properly bent and painted black. That's it! You can make it more complicated, but theres no need to. Mine is rock solid.

#6710 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Just need a "Papo" brand pteradon figure from Amazon, and a piece of metal coat hanger properly bent and painted black. That's it! You can make it more complicated, but theres no need to. Mine is rock solid.

Same. Bent the wire to shape and secured the one end under a screw head (used a longer screw) and put the other up his...uh...visitors center exit.
Decided to put him behind the helipad sign so the wing could mostly block the exposed flasher.

821D412B-37E3-46D1-9A23-5FED12925272 (resized).jpeg821D412B-37E3-46D1-9A23-5FED12925272 (resized).jpegADFC72DB-4914-4B06-9972-2FD4B2A22EB4 (resized).jpegADFC72DB-4914-4B06-9972-2FD4B2A22EB4 (resized).jpeg
#6711 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have one you can have free with mounting rod.

#6712 3 years ago

The button on the lock bar should that Light up in attract mode? Mine isn't. It works on all lees in test menu. Is there a setting?

#6713 3 years ago

Found it in the settings. Start game from lock bar.

#6714 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Found it in the settings. Start game from lock bar.

I hate that setting. Everytime you lean over the game for something or the cats walk on it a game gets started by accident.

#6715 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I hate that setting. Everytime you lean over the game for something or the cats walk on it a game gets started by accident.

Lol, or if you have a fat beer belly like me, you just barely lean over the game, and Boom!! Player 1, you're up!"".

#6716 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yep one of the first settings that i turn off too. Go to look at something on the playfield and boom you start a game.

#6717 3 years ago

What does this mean? You deleted your post?

#6718 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

What does this mean? You deleted your post?

You can't delete posts but you can edit your posts. When folks want to delete their post they usually remove all text and put a period (.) or write "post deleted".

So this means the poster wanted to remove what he posted and edited it out.

#6720 3 years ago

delt31

Did I miss your release of the soundpack?

cheers

#6721 3 years ago

After 5 months of owning our first pin during quarantine I am finally starting to put up some decent scores and escape times. This game has been fantastic to learn pinball basics on. The first 3 months I could never break 200MM. Finally started getting comfortable with the shots but really saw longer ball times after working on nudging to reduce outlane drains. I feel like my first billion game should be right around the corner. God I love this game!!!

B58F6310-5C48-4760-8FD1-CDCC0C94BCFF (resized).jpegB58F6310-5C48-4760-8FD1-CDCC0C94BCFF (resized).jpeg66414F40-427A-4EBC-ADBA-B158D812EC1E (resized).jpeg66414F40-427A-4EBC-ADBA-B158D812EC1E (resized).jpeg
#6723 3 years ago

yoyokopter has just posted on his "Trex Alive Mod" for JP Pro - look friggin awsome!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread#post-5835461

#6724 3 years ago

Damn! Was hoping us lowly pro owners were goimg to get some love with this package

#6725 3 years ago

Dumb question. Does JP let you control sling coil power? Working on a friends pins yesterday and he feels only thing he does not like is how strong the ball fires off the coils. Looked in settings but did not see it Thx

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

yoyokopter has just posted on his "Trex Alive Mod" for JP Pro - look friggin awsome!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yoyokopter-mod-development-and-reviews-thread#post-5835461

What activates the movement?
What power source signals it to move?

#6727 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Pretty sure it’s triggered by the back flashers.

#6728 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Dumb question. Does JP let you control sling coil power? Working on a friends pins yesterday and he feels only thing he does not like is how strong the ball fires off the coils. Looked in settings but did not see it Thx

Yes it does. Its definitely in the settings. I forget exactly where, but I've turned mine down a little and I'm debating on lowering them some more.

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes it does. Its definitely in the settings. I forget exactly where, but I've turned mine down a little and I'm debating on lowering them some more.

Thx I scrolled through adjustments but never saw them

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx I scrolled through adjustments but never saw them

There are game settings, and general settings. Check both. (Away from home, or I'd check myself)

#6731 3 years ago

Just joined the club. My first NIB premium. Been following the forum but if anyone has any quick suggestions on what to do right away so I can make an order I’d appreciate it! Titans and replacement balls already ordered.

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from dimthedaylights:

Just joined the club. My first NIB premium. Been following the forum but if anyone has any quick suggestions on what to do right away so I can make an order I’d appreciate it! Titans and replacement balls already ordered.

Shaker!!!! Worth every penny on this title. Just be prepared to chase down some rattles once its installed.

#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

yoyokopter is best to comment on how it works or send him a PM

#6734 3 years ago

Keep an eye on the new titan steel balls. Some get magnetized more than others.
Trex is definitely going to magnetize the wrong type.

#6735 3 years ago

I have to give some props to Stern support and @Scribbles.

I emailed Stern on Monday that I was having issues with my upper flipper post coming loose and they replied within 2 hours saying they were sorry I was having the issue and asked for my serial number and shipping address. I was shocked when I went to my mailbox on Thursday and found a package with the new post, hardware and installation instructions. They must have shipped it out the same day I inquired about it and I consider that some pretty amazing customer service. Installed the new post today and it was easy and took maybe 20 minutes.

While I had the game opened up I also did CoolCatPinball Jeep maintenance (Key Post #10 / Post #5720) as my jeep had started only spinning part of the way around and would not always make contact/give me credit for a hit until I nudged the game or hit it a second time. The whole procedure took maybe 10 minutes and the jeep now spins effortlessly. The difference is night and day and even a light tap registers a hit. If your jeep is at all sluggish, I highly recommend this fix.

#6736 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hard to read his response needed a magnifying glass .

#6737 3 years ago

Coil stops would be a good idea. Many, many stories of the stock ones failing early. I had some on hand when my game arrived and I replaced them before I ever plunged a ball. Also, I’m a couple of hundred games in and the stock stern balls look fine so far, FYI

#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

internet friend of mine... surelly not lot of free time... will point him to came by and explain more...

#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

internet friend of mine... surelly not lot of free time... will point him to came by and explain more...

Yep thanks that'd be great - look forward to seeing how it's trigger and what's involved to install. It looks very cool

#6740 3 years ago

Hi everybody , like say RipleYYY and Manny65 , if you want more information you can send me a PM
There are 4 different movements depending on the position of the ball on the playfield, easy install, electronique plug and play , only the mechanics pre-assembled to put on your original Trex , no drilling to do, no irreversible modification on the Trex and no specific tools to use
Regards

#6741 3 years ago

1) don't forget to clean and wax your playflield from time to time. Did that last night and wow this game is fast again.

2) take time to do what's in "Post #5270 make the jeep work well". Cleaning that ball bearing makes the Jeep come alive again. Fantastic.

3) Since I have a Pro, I did the Helicopter Matchbox mod. I think it looks great. Really close to the glass but fits great.

20200906_000316090_iOS (resized).jpg20200906_000316090_iOS (resized).jpg20200906_000316232_iOS (resized).jpg20200906_000316232_iOS (resized).jpg20200906_000316370_iOS (resized).jpg20200906_000316370_iOS (resized).jpg
#6742 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I have to give some props to Stern support and Scribbles.
I emailed Stern on Monday that I was having issues with my upper flipper post coming loose and they replied within 2 hours saying they were sorry I was having the issue and asked for my serial number and shipping address. I was shocked when I went to my mailbox on Thursday and found a package with the new post, hardware and installation instructions. They must have shipped it out the same day I inquired about it and I consider that some pretty amazing customer service. Installed the new post today and it was easy and took maybe 20 minutes.
While I had the game opened up I also did Scribbles Jeep maintenance (Key Post #10 / Post #5720) as my jeep had started only spinning part of the way around and would not always make contact/give me credit for a hit until I nudged the game or hit it a second time. The whole procedure took maybe 10 minutes and the jeep now spins effortlessly. The difference is night and day and even a light tap registers a hit. If your jeep is at all sluggish, I highly recommend this fix.

Post 5270 btw, not 5720

#6743 3 years ago

Anyone else have an led board installed the wrong way in the raptor pen? The misalignment has been bothering me and then when I looked closer I could see the pcb sticking out. I'm guessing it was installed backwards. Is it easy to get in there and turn it around? I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

20200907_144709 (resized).jpg20200907_144709 (resized).jpg
#6744 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone else have an led board installed the wrong way in the raptor pen? The misalignment has been bothering me and then when I looked closer I could see the pcb sticking out. I'm guessing it was installed backwards. Is it easy to get in there and turn it around? I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.
[quoted image]

I'm not sure about which way its supposed to face, but the whole raptor pen area comes out pretty easily and mostly in 1 piece. I took mine out to install a better raptor toy. No issues.

#6745 3 years ago

Haven't seen it addressed but I think one of the targets (the one on the right furthest in) inside my raptor pen might be slightly misaligned and blocking some shots into the pen, can anyone confirm if this is in the right place overlapping the rail inside the pen?

118980039_233208688130247_7679851826730996475_n (resized).jpg118980039_233208688130247_7679851826730996475_n (resized).jpg

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Killermarmot:

Haven't seen it addressed but I think one of the targets (the one on the right furthest in) inside my raptor pen might be slightly misaligned and blocking some shots into the pen, can anyone confirm if this is in the right place overlapping the rail inside the pen?
[quoted image]

Yep yours definitely looks off. Target should be behind the black outline. Here’s mine.

8D9CDB9B-C6C2-46C5-BF82-699AB823ADE3 (resized).jpeg8D9CDB9B-C6C2-46C5-BF82-699AB823ADE3 (resized).jpeg
#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

Installed correctly, but has rotated its way out to where you can see it. Simply push it back under the plastic and tighten the screw right behind it, while holding the nut below it with a wrench (not sure what size). There should be enough room that you don’t have to remove anything.

3FE4B313-240B-4ECB-8C50-56FB77A42FD6 (resized).jpeg3FE4B313-240B-4ECB-8C50-56FB77A42FD6 (resized).jpeg
#6748 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep yours definitely looks off. Target should be behind the black outline. Here’s mine.
[quoted image]

Yikes, yeah looks like mine is off by a ton. Thanks, I'll try and adjust.

#6749 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Installed correctly, but has rotated its way out to where you can see it. Simply push it back under the plastic and tighten the screw right behind it, while holding the nut below it with a wrench (not sure what size). There should be enough room that you don’t have to remove anything. [quoted image]

Thanks. I was able to fix it easily enough. Mine had been like that since I unboxed it so I always just thought it was a poor design but it was just aligned poorly.

Is there anything that can be done to hide the reflection of the pcbs in the raptor pen? I can't see the target stickers inside the pen because the pcbs reflect onto the clear plastic.

#6750 3 years ago

Oooh this game just keeps me coming back for more. Was one shot away from my best game ever. Had over 1bil points, 25 rescues, 20 rescue streak, visited 6 paddocks, and had two fossils. Hit the third shot to get Visitors Center lit and then drained. Gotta go for it again tomorrow!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/135?hl=hop721 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.