(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 427.
#6601 3 years ago

I have a quick question. I've been having an issue where the ball occasionally gets stuck on the hole for the control room up-post or for the raptor pit up-post. When I look at them, the up-post is about 1/2 a cm below the surface of the playfield, which essentially creates the hole for the ball to sometimes rest on. Is there an adjustment I can make to change this? Is there supposed to be space from the playfield down to the up-post or is it supposed to be flush?

Thanks

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

I have a quick question. I've been having an issue where the ball occasionally gets stuck on the hole for the control room up-post or for the raptor pit up-post. When I look at them, the up-post is about 1/2 a cm below the surface of the playfield, which essentially creates the hole for the ball to sometimes rest on. Is there an adjustment I can make to change this? Is there supposed to be space from the playfield down to the up-post or is it supposed to be flush?
Thanks

Should be flush, and if I'm not mistaken, it's a simple screw type adjustment under the playfield.

#6603 3 years ago

Thank you. I'll check when I get home tonight and report back.

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Thank you. I'll check when I get home tonight and report back.

Here's a link to an entry in the other forum on how to adjust the control room post, along with a picture of where it's done under the playfield.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/116#post-5763899

#6605 3 years ago

Are the newer playfields still showing pooling and chipping? I’m considering a Pre. I’ve lost track of the progress on this and thought I’d just ask here. Thanks for any input.

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Are the newer playfields still showing pooling and chipping? I’m considering a Pre. I’ve lost track of the progress on this and thought I’d just ask here. Thanks for any input.

My NIB premium has no playfield issues, made June 5th

#6607 3 years ago

I have a June build too and have been unable to find any playfield issues

#6608 3 years ago

July 19th build. Playfield smooth like glass. No issues at the 5 week mark...

#6609 3 years ago

joining the club again...

20200825_171529 (resized).jpg20200825_171529 (resized).jpg
#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

joining the club again...
[quoted image]

Please, please, please give us some unboxing pics. I don't know why I enjoy watching them...but I guess it's the "kid at Christmas" syndrome thing going on.

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

July 21 build (pro) and no playfield issues. I would suggest you double check tightness of the posts, however. I’m not sure if stern is leaving them a little loose to avoid the clear coat problem, but I’ve had a couple loosen up a little over the last couple of weeks. Particularly the one in front of the 3rd flipper.

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

July 21 build (pro) and no playfield issues. I would suggest you double check tightness of the posts, however. I’m not sure if stern is leaving them a little loose to avoid the clear coat problem, but I’ve had a couple loosen up a little over the last couple of weeks. Particularly the one in front of the 3rd flipper.

I had the same 3rd flipper post loosen up after just a few games. That gave me the opportunity to find my Craftsman mechanics ignition wrench set which is just thin enough to slide under the flipper asseembly plate and hold the locknut which I tightened from above. I positioned the post dead-center into the graphic circle and installed a hard nylon washer between the post washer and the clearcoat surface. Seems to be fine now and I feel the clearcoat is somewhat protected from post damage.

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

My NIB premium has no playfield issues, made June 5th

My June 5th build has issues.

#6614 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

My June 5th build has issues.

elaborate...

#6615 3 years ago

Extremely thin clear. Chipping in shooter lane after very little use. Ghosting on inserts. A few dents on the playfield that look like something was dropped on it. Pooling under guide rails. One part had this little gouge out of the box where the clear was turned up. Like it had been nicked by a screwdriver or something.

I know multiballmaniac1 reported similar issues with his June 5 build as well.

#6616 3 years ago

Sounds like a mixed bag. I wonder if older playfields were being used still in early June...

#6617 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sounds like a mixed bag. I wonder if older playfields were being used still in early June...

That is very possible! Throwing a couple old playfields in the mix to use them up. Making it look like less of a problem until they are all used up

#6618 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That is very possible! Throwing a couple old playfields in the mix to use them up. Making it look like less of a problem until they are all used up

I think the date stamp on my playfield said March.

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Extremely thin clear. Chipping in shooter lane after very little use. Ghosting on inserts. A few dents on the playfield that look like something was dropped on it. Pooling under guide rails. One part had this little gouge out of the box where the clear was turned up. Like it had been nicked by a screwdriver or something.
I know multiballmaniac1 reported similar issues with his June 5 build as well.

holy sh*t ! hope you're joking !? but quite sure you're not

#6620 3 years ago

I have pooling on a February build. I'm waiting to hear back from Stern

#6621 3 years ago

In the club.... My wife asked if this is it in since there is no more room? Sure....

8-29-2020A (resized).jpg8-29-2020A (resized).jpg8-29-2020B (resized).jpg8-29-2020B (resized).jpg

#6622 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I own a Premium and agree that Raptor is easier to start on Prem/LE than the Pro. Premium also has the advantage of "Raptor bombs." When you get a get a captive ball behind the gate 1 hit away from starting Raptor MB save it until the ball is close to draining and give it a good nudge to start MB and extend your ball. Also the 2X Raptor scoring really makes that MB more fun on the Premium than the Pro.
I have played on a Pro where the Raptor pit was very exploitable though. You need to make sure the sling switches are set sensitive or else you can back hand that shot and catch it on the left flipper all day. The slings on my Premium just seem way more sensitive and powerful than Pro's I have played on route, but maybe that's because my game isn't fully broken in yet.-it's only a month old.

Related to this post, I think my slings are actually over-sensitive. So the question is, how do you make finite adjustments to the sensitivity? Often times during a mode or Escape Nublar Challenge, the ball will get into the slings and it seems like 5-10 valuable seconds are lost while they are doing their back and forth thing. Often when I have two balls trapped and try to do an up and over separation, the slings will fire. Has anyone else experienced this?

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Related to this post, I think my slings are actually over-sensitive. So the question is, how do you make finite adjustments to the sensitivity? Often times during a mode or Escape Nublar Challenge, the ball will get into the slings and it seems like 5-10 valuable seconds are lost while they are doing their back and forth thing. Often when I have two balls trapped and try to do an up and over separation, the slings will fire. Has anyone else experienced this?

I believe the slings are triggered by leaf switches. Press on on your sling, and you will see where there is contact being made between the two “leaves” on each switch that are on either side of center. To make that sling less sensitive, you’ll want to increase the gap between the leaves in their resting position. There is a special tool for this, but it can be done without it.
I’ve found that small adjustments can make a big difference in sensitivity.
Mine are also pretty sensitive, but I’m guessing that was how they were intended by design, but I could be wrong in that.

#6624 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Had the same problem on my Pro. You can bend the leaf switches from the top of the playfield, there are 2 per slingshot.

#6625 3 years ago
Quoted from Audiofreak:

Had the same problem on my Pro. You can bend the leaf switches from the top of the playfield, there are 2 per slingshot.

But try to be very careful with the leaf switch contacts. Usually bending closer to the mounting block is best as it take very little to make the adjustments at that point.

#6626 3 years ago

Anyone with a LE want to do me a favor and scan a copy of there apron plastic for me? I've converted my premium and I want that extra LE plastic to make it look complete (other than the metal badge of course) don't want to go that far but it would be nicw to have a plastic with the designers name on it that says limited edition. My machine has all the extras and then some from the LE but I'd love to make a scan of the plastic into my own LE Apron plastic. I understand many won't want to do this but maybe there is someone who's willing to see my point of view? Thanks to everyone in advanced.

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Anyone with a LE want to do me a favor and scan a copy of there apron plastic for me? I've converted my premium and I want that extra LE plastic to make it look complete (other than the metal badge of course) don't want to go that far but it would be nicw to have a plastic with the designers name on it that says limited edition. My machine has all the extras and then some from the LE but I'd love to make a scan of the plastic into my own LE Apron plastic. I understand many won't want to do this but maybe there is someone who's willing to see my point of view? Thanks to everyone in advanced.

Imitating the powdercoat is easy but you’re saying you managed to get the LE sideblades and a real glass mirrored backglass too? Well done you!..
Didn’t think that was possible.

#6628 3 years ago

Sounds like a lot of work (cabinet decals, blades, trim, backglass, speakers ...) - wouldn't it have just been easier to buy an LE, or are they hard to come by in the US?

#6629 3 years ago

The art blades I used are these, from retro refurbs... IMO better than the stern blades, they have the original Jeep instead of the new GMC (GOMEZ MOTOR CO)

The Back glass is being made for me by a local vinyl graphics installer and hes used my Premium backglass and his rendering looks AMAZING!

20200830_192730 (resized).jpg20200830_192730 (resized).jpg
#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Sounds like a lot of work (cabinet decals, blades, trim, backglass, speakers ...) - wouldn't it have just been easier to buy an LE, or are they hard to come by in the US?

I was more interested in the premium art package, its not been hard at all... I guess I should have been more specific. My apologies.

#6631 3 years ago

I was more interested in the premium art package, its not been hard at all... I guess I should have been more specific. My apologies.

No apologies necessary. You modded the hell out of your premium. You didn't actually convert it to look like a LE, which was pretty much what you said in the first post....

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

No apologies necessary. You modded the hell out of your premium. You didn't actually convert it to look like a LE, which was pretty much what you said in the first post....

CORRECT! It's an LE in my eyes... I put the LE speakers, HD glass, yellow speaker surrounds, side blades, shaker, Doug's premium speaker light kit, Stern JP shooter setup, a custom mirrored premium backglass (yet to go in) Robert Stones Green sparkle powder coat, all the mezel products, along with other odds and ends.... Just wanted to see if a fellow owner who loves to make their machine limited like mine would mind helping me finish my game up right. That's all.

#6633 3 years ago

CORRECT! It's an LE in my eyes... I put the LE speakers, HD glass, yellow speaker surrounds, side blades, shaker, Doug's premium speaker light kit, Stern JP shooter setup, a custom mirrored premium backglass (yet to go in) Robert Stones Green sparkle powder coat, all the mezel products, along with other odds and ends.... Just wanted to see if a fellow owner who loves to make their machine limited like mine would mind helping me finish my game up right. That's all.

You could easily scan the one you have and photoshop the hand symbol out and insert whatever text you want. Limited Edition, Special Edition, Cretaceous Edition, etc.. Be creative!

Instead of "game designer" have "game modder" or something similar and put your own autograph there!

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You could easily scan the one you have and photoshop the hand symbol out and insert whatever text you want. Limited Edition, Special Edition, Cretaceous Edition, etc.. Be creative!
Instead of "game designer" have "game modder" or something similar and put your own autograph there!

That's actually a cool idea - nice one!

#6635 3 years ago

9F92A987-4A12-4F19-ABD1-F92F75E45626 (resized).jpeg9F92A987-4A12-4F19-ABD1-F92F75E45626 (resized).jpeg

My flasher behind the helipad sign does not work can somebody tell me if it is wired correctly.

#6636 3 years ago

video clips custom code up and running!!!

#6637 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow!!!

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Amazing, great work!

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That looks pretty awesome!

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yea baby - this is what we should have had in the first place. Fantastic work!!

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow amazing!!! Are you releasing the file?

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

[quoted image]
My flasher behind the helipad sign does not work can somebody tell me if it is wired correctly.

Looks correct (matches my working one). Maybe swap lamps with the other flasher to see if it’s a lamp? Then go from there

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Looks correct (matches my working one).

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was just wired wrong. I wonder why it does not work?

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Wow amazing!!! Are you releasing the file?

yes - will release soon. stay tuned

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was just wired wrong. I wonder why it does not work?

Bulb good?

#6646 3 years ago

I am going to try a new one. That would be great if that all it was.

#6647 3 years ago

Sorry a what??

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Will you be able to do one for the Pro as well?
Looks stunning!

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Sorry a what??

The LED bulb itself may be bad. Yes, I know it’s an LED, but it plugs into a standard bayonet bulb socket so it fair to call it a bulb. In any case, it could be bad.

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great work!!! Love to try out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/133?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.