(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,323 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by evileye
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 427.
#551 4 years ago

Getting Chaos multiball is tough for me. Spelling it in order makes it a hard one to start.

I wonder if they could add in optional easier settings - like letting you complete the letters out of order. The letter A ramp is a tougher shot than it looks. I usually hit it one or two times a game but not when I need it.

The game has some challenging shots to it along with some easier ones.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - I too have noticed that repetitive line. Maybe they could code in a few different dialog lines and have them play at random for that spot or do something else. When the guy says "Why would Nedry do this ? " maybe it could be fun when playing a multiplayer game to have each player reply with his own clever response. Or take a swig from your beer each time you hear this. After awhile you might not hear it so much.

When I get this game - custom audio clips will be top priority so if they force us to listen it won't have these wonky lines.

How did someone at Stern listen to these lines and go yes.... We f**kin nailed it!

#553 4 years ago

Well it only took 48hrs and about a dozen plays to now finding this game amazing. I had posted on thur I think out of the box it wasn't having a positive impact on me due to gameplay and theme but wow after a a couple good games both gameplay and theme are really great. I think by the time Keith is finished with code this thing will be quite something, it already is so can only get better.

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How did someone at Stern listen to these lines and go yes.... We f**kin nailed it!

I've been asking myself that with almost every pinball I've ever played. I'm looking forward to some alternative options as well, for now thank sweet innocent baby Jesus for the speech attenuation option. Maiden has been the only games in many years that didn't require that adj.

#556 4 years ago

It’s amazing how many of these are already listed here on resale

#557 4 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Having stucky's in the raptor area. And then this happened. 29 plays.[quoted image]

In tribute...

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Really? I could only find ads for dealers? Am I looking in the wrong place or are you trying to create drama?

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Really? I could only find ads for dealers? Am I looking in the wrong place or are you trying to create drama?

They must’ve all sold in the past 24 minutes lol. I’m looking forward to playing this one

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

They must’ve all sold in the past 24 minutes lol. I’m looking forward to playing this one

Lol. Maybe wolfemaaan bought them all since it’s so hot now.

Same, can’t wait to play it.

#561 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I don't think he is being cocky. He was just showing his game has washers installed by the factory and it appears his playfield is ok - at least so far. My game also has washers and I don't see any issues on mine around the posts. But yes, I will keep an eye on it.
Sure, there are some playfields that have some kind of issue of the surface being raised around some playfield posts. Hope Stern can figure out why this is occurring and they and their suppliers can eliminate that issue from happening.

Correct. Just trying to bring balance to the force and show it’s not ALL machines.
Boycotting NIB pinball is not an option for me, so I guess I’m taking my chances in the name of having fun.

#562 4 years ago

Anybody having issues with the manual and auto plunge barely ever making the ramp? Seems like the holes for the shooter lane ramp were drilled too high and left but didn't know if there was another known cause / fix.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Those are dealer/distributor sales...

It's amazing to me that anyone would both not notice this and try to make a "thing" out of it.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Those are dealer/distributor sales...
It's amazing to me that anyone would both not notice this and try to make a "thing" out of it.

If there is one thing I've found about Pinside, it's people love to complain, drum up controversy, and find reasons to justify not buying $machine_of_the_month.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If there is one thing I've found about Pinside, it's people love to complain, drum up controversy, and find reasons to justify not buying $machine_of_the_month.

You are absolutely correct but this issue here is real and worth complaining about. If your playfield chips all to hell maybe you will understand better then because it sure seems like you’re not getting it at all right now.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are absolutely correct but this issue here is real and worth complaining about. If your playfield chips all to hell maybe you will understand better then because it sure seems like you’re not getting it at all right now.

My POTC LE chipped around the sling posts. I installed washers and larger posts to cover it which was good enough for me to make peace with it.

It does suck, none of us want this obviously, but it's not the end of the world nor is it enough to keep me out of pinball.

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My POTC LE chipped around the sling posts. I installed washers and larger posts to cover it which was good enough for me to make peace with it.
It does suck, none of us want this obviously, but it's not the end of the world nor is it enough to keep me out of pinball.

I bet the chipping doesn't stop there and i bet it will be trashed in no time. You should be hammering JJP for a new populated playfield and hammering them publicity constantly instead of giving them another 10K for another game. Just my opinion though......what do i know?

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Untill the chips start spreading
If the washers cover it and it doesn't spread, I would be satisfied
But where is the guarantee, that's what bothers me
If you see it spreading, or addional chipping a year from purchase,then what?

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If you see it spreading, or addionaln chipping a year from purchase,then what?

Ever bigger diameter washers.

#570 4 years ago

Just gotta keep going with bigger washers every time the new washers get bubbling around them.

35648BE8-8B89-4560-AF6B-BB3DD1608C7C (resized).jpeg35648BE8-8B89-4560-AF6B-BB3DD1608C7C (resized).jpeg
#571 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet the chipping doesn't stop there and i bet it will be trashed in no time. You should be hammering JJP for a new populated playfield and hammering them publicity constantly instead of giving them another 10K for another game. Just my opinion though......what do i know?

Almost 4000 plays and it's fine. So I'm betting not. I think the discounted playfield offer is a fair one and I do plan on buying it at some point, just to preserve this game for the ages.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If you see it spreading, or addional chipping a year from purchase,then what?

Same thing people do when buying a routed classic - restore it.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I've been asking myself that with almost every pinball I've ever played. I'm looking forward to some alternative options as well, for now thank sweet innocent baby Jesus for the speech attenuation option. Maiden has been the only games in many years that didn't require that adj.

To be fair to Stern, being brain dead on audio has to go to JJP and Wonka with the worst call outs ever (non movie of course)

Stern nailed it with iron maiden call-outs. Some of the best ever imo.

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody having issues with the manual and auto plunge barely ever making the ramp? Seems like the holes for the shooter lane ramp were drilled too high and left but didn't know if there was another known cause / fix.

I find as long as I go full torque on the plunger it never misses. Could be ur style

Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-10.16.41-AM (resized).jpgScreen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-10.16.41-AM (resized).jpg
#575 4 years ago

What size metal washer is recommended to address the post issue?

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

To be fair to Stern, being brain dead on audio has to go to JJP and Wonka with the worst call outs ever (non movie of course)

I agree, and there's plenty out there that rival even Wonka.

#577 4 years ago

I got a shaker from Marco for this game - it's awesome and I highly recommend it. Very well integrated with dino stomps!

One note though, the kit I bought had 5/8 inch screws which were too short. I had to source my own 1 inch screws to install it.

#578 4 years ago

I broke my own rule (about waiting a few months) - my new Pro is on its way. I’m out of town, so the party will have to wait a few weeks. I’m excited, it’s my first NIB since Metallica in 2013.

Regarding the potential post/clear issue...I had a thought about how to avoid this for my next playfield swap (Mata Hari). My plan is to Dremel out about a 3/8” circle around the hole, then install the post with a 1/4” washer or 2 to hold the post just shy of the playfield, barely touching it. Then all of the stress from the slings is never transferred to the clearcoat. Kind of the same principle as the metal leg brackets that Stern added a while back, to prevent wrinkling at the legs (they’re plastic now, but they still work well).

Thoughts?

#579 4 years ago

I know this will seem crazy to many of you but I much prefer the look of this pin without those sling plastics.

DSC04405 (resized).JPGDSC04405 (resized).JPGDSC04406 (resized).JPGDSC04406 (resized).JPGDSC04407 (resized).JPGDSC04407 (resized).JPG
#580 4 years ago

After a few days of ownership...

D99CFD8F-FB1B-42B2-9B2A-5678BFBA8179 (resized).jpegD99CFD8F-FB1B-42B2-9B2A-5678BFBA8179 (resized).jpeg
#581 4 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

After a few days of ownership...[quoted image]

What the hell...

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

Is that the flipper post?

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I know this will seem crazy to many of you but I much prefer the look of this pin without those sling plastics.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I also think it looks better without metal washers under the star posts.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

Let us know what they say...

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Is that the flipper post?

Yes, you can see flipper alignment hole.

#586 4 years ago

Will people still be able to place the Comet Pinball illuminated star posts under the posts if the pins are preinstalled with washers? I really like the way they’ve lit up the posts in my Shadow and would want to use them on JP too.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-star-post-kit

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

Contact Stern ASAP.

#588 4 years ago

I've extensivelly listen to the sounds of the game code v0.87 with Pinball Browser. I've found 6 callouts (there's probably more) from Nedry/Wayne Knight, I don't know if they're all used in the game for now. I wish they have recorded some custom ones with Wayne Knight to complete the original ones.

There are plenty of stunning sound effects, congratulations to Stern's team on this point.

Some of the tracks form Ken Hale fit almost well with the John Williams ones, but more iconic soundracks from the first trilogy could be include to improve the theme integration on the audio side:

Jurassic Park - 20th Anniversary Original Motion Picture Soundtrack:
20 - Hungry Raptor

The Lost World: Jurassic Park - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack:
1 - The Lost World
4 - The Hunt
9 - The Raptors Appear

Jurassic Park III - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack:
8 - Tiny Pecking Pteranodons
9 - Billy Oblivion
16 - Big Hat, No Cattle

Misc from Jurassic Park:
Madacy Mariachi Band - Las Gaviotas

PS : I think that this game is an home run, there's no doubt. The audio part is the weak point but that can be fixed in future releases.

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Will people still be able to place the Comet Pinball illuminated star posts under the posts if the pins are preinstalled with washers? I really like the way they’ve lit up the posts in my Shadow and would want to use them on JP too.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/illuminated-star-post-kit

This is a good question. I guess there are two scenarios: 1) they work fine, or 2) the metal washers will short the illuminated star posts.

It's not easy for me to test that right now but I would think putting mylar on the back of the star post light would solve the problem (if there is one), or switching the washer to something that's not conductive.

#590 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

This is a good question. I guess there are two scenarios: 1) they work fine, or 2) the metal washers will short the illuminated star posts.
It's not easy for me to test that right now but I would think putting mylar on the back of the star post light would solve the problem (if there is one), or switching the washer to something that's not conductive.

Or use the polycarbonate washers that are used for sling shot plastic protectors as they would be non conductive.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-34-GD

#591 4 years ago

You could also use the clear plastic fender washers. [edit: beat me by 4 seconds ]

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You could also use the clear plastic fender washers. [edit: beat me by 4 seconds ]

I cant figure out why Stern didnt use clear chexx style. They may have even gotten away with it longer.

#593 4 years ago

BEWARE IF YOU'RE IN THE ST LOUIS AREA... there's a T-REX ON THE LOOSE!

As evidence of this picture we took today. If you blow up the image you'll see the JP logo on the side, clearly something got loose today!
Just be carefull!
IMG_0639 (resized).jpegIMG_0639 (resized).jpeg

#594 4 years ago

Would like to get an overview of the code depth & mode progression. Are the modes random or linier? Also, how would you compare JP's code depth to another title? Is JP's code SW's/BM66 deep, or BKSR/Munsters shallow? I tried asking this on a different JP thread w/ no response. There appeared to be several JP threads, so is this the official go-to JP thread?

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Would like to get an overview of the code depth & mode progression. Are the modes random or linier? Also, how would you compare JP's code depth to another title? Is JP's code SW's/BM66 deep, or BKSR/Munsters shallow? I tried asking this on a different JP thread w/ no response. There appeared to be several JP threads, so is this the official go-to JP thread?

Looks like Batman crossed with Iron Maiden... Some good information here: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

You'll get an answer here for sure. Keith himself explained some of the modes and such a few pages back. Plenty of people here have already taken posession of their machines and I'm sure can help you out better than I. The game definitely isnt shallow, and progression is kind of linear with side modes to help distract you. Like I say, someone here can explain it better. I wont have mine for another 3 or 4 days.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I think people are still figuring it out. What I've learned so far:

Main Objective
=========
Catch dinosaurs in paddocks across the map. White shots to light MAP, left ramp to start, orange rescue shots then yellow Set Trap shots.

Side Objectives
==========
T-Rex Encounters: 3 different kinds of multiball. Shoot the truck to light T-Rex, then shoot the left ramp to start it.
Chaos Multiball: Shoot CHAOS letters then the amber shot

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

After a few days of ownership..

How many plays if u don't mind me asking?

#599 4 years ago

Anyone have a count on how many post sleeves are in JP? I looked at the manual on sterns website, and see no mention of them. The hard plastic black ones that came in my GoTG were total crap, and I'm ordering replacements.

#600 4 years ago

That sucks man!!! Why isn’t there a massive thread trashing Stern the way they do to JJP? Clearly its not just a JJP issue but maybe an industry wide issue.

I would be pretty pissed that really sucks!!!! Hopefully that gets fixed for you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12,999.99
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/12?hl=lounge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.