(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 426.
#6401 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

on my premium. The left side light under the apron isnt working. Its not a bulb but an led on a tiny board. Any ideas

If the board is bad, you can swap these pretty easy. Not sure if this is the same part number, but PBL has then for $5, such as 520-5307-00

LEDbd (resized).jpgLEDbd (resized).jpg
#6402 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Check to see if you are getting 5V (I believe that is what the GI is on this game) to it. If so, replace the board as it's gone bad (pretty uncommon). If not getting 5V then look for the break in the line as it could have gotten damaged at some point.

Super noob question but I used my multimeter for 2nd time ever. One of the wires attaching is reading 5. The other is reading nothing

#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

on my premium. The left side light under the apron isnt working. Its not a bulb but an led on a tiny board. Any ideas

Do you have a picture of the solder connections? One of my apron lights was wired backwards from the factory.

#6404 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Super noob question but I used my multimeter for 2nd time ever. One of the wires attaching is reading 5. The other is reading nothing

With 5V coming to the LED board, it is either 1) Wired backwards, or 2) Bad board. Neither of these are very common, but then again here you are! I would bet it is #2 (bad board). If it is #2, then support@stern will send you a new one under warranty.

#6406 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can't speak for all your post pass but the one in your video was not the fault of your flippers. It was improperly timed for a post pass. The ball hit the left side of the star post in that video which threw it more up the left lane loosing all it's momentum. For the post pass to work properly the ball needs to hit just slightly to the right of that post center point. Your ball took the yellow path I made below. It needs to take the blue path.
Post up a video of the ball in a cradle shooting the spinner and right ramp. Seeing that will tell if the flipper is lacking power or not. One other thing to look for if you hit the timing right and it still doesn't work. Make sure that post is tight without the tension of the rubber. If it's loose it will absorb a lot of ball momentum.
[quoted image]

I've tried the post pass so many times, that I can confidently say it's the game and not me. I can go over to ay other machine and do it successfully almost every time, but almost never on JP.

Lots of great input from all of you great people as to what may be causing it, so need to figure out what I should try first.

Can someone take a close up photo of their lower star post, so I can see if the position differs from what I have on my game. I will also make sure that mine is tightened properly. Once I figure out if the post is positioned properly, I will move onto checking the switch gaps.

Thank you all again!

#6407 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

One wire is power and the other is ground. Only the power line would be at 5V. My assumption is it worked at some point so confirming you have power now, that tells me it sounds like a bad board.

#6408 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

One wire is power and the other is ground. Only the power line would be at 5V. My assumption is it worked at some point so confirming you have power now, that tells me it sounds like a bad board.

Here is a pick of the wiring

20200817_180947 (resized).jpg20200817_180947 (resized).jpg
#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Here is a pick of the wiring [quoted image]

Looks backwards compared to mine.

2D098819-FBB0-4A92-BEB7-27034C6FA263 (resized).jpeg2D098819-FBB0-4A92-BEB7-27034C6FA263 (resized).jpeg
#6410 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Here is a pick of the wiring [quoted image]

Which one was showing 5v? The yellow or the white? In your picture, the yellow is soldered to the ground point. Its labeled GND. If the yellow reads 5v, it's wired backwards. If white reads 5v, it's a bad led.

#6411 3 years ago

Final update...the crack team at stern wired it in reverse. Resoldered it the right way and it works.

#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Does anyone else have issues with the T rex sometimes getting stuck and shakes over and over? Is this a software thing more than likely?

gonna bump this had no responses...am I the only one that has a T-Rex that has seizures on a regular basis?

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Final update...the crack team at stern wired it in reverse. Resoldered it the right way and it works.

At least it wasn't the meth team! (I kid) At least it was an easy fix, and easy to access. Those types of errors can occur in any manufacturing environment.

#6414 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

gonna bump this had no responses...am I the only one that has a T-Rex that has seizures on a regular basis?

Mine isn’t having seizures, but it is occasionally losing its center and resting on the wireform. Currently working with Stern on a fix. They believe it’s mechanical and not software, I’m not convinced of that, but I started a thread about it and will update it when I get the new motor they sent me.

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is it getting caught on the wireform? Mine would do that in the lowest position, and when I raised it, the problem stopped.

Unfortunately, it still does not catch most balls. Still working on that, and a list of other things.

Looking forward to the day when this game plays smoothy like the other games I have.

#6416 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

I guess they don't even check to see if all the lights come on when they do their quality inspections?

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I guess they don't even check to see if all the lights come on when they do their quality inspections?

To be fair, I played a few hundred games and didn't notice. Ha

#6418 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Just check that bundle of wires behind the PF backboard aren't fouling the mech - this has been seen previously but not sure if that is your issue

#6419 3 years ago

If anyone has a moment, can you take a quick photo of the lower slingshot post on the left side (that the ball would hit off of if you were doing a post pass).

Thanks so much!

#6420 3 years ago

Rarrrrr...

IMG_20200817_230733 (resized).jpgIMG_20200817_230733 (resized).jpg
#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

To be fair, I played a few hundred games and didn't notice. Ha

It's just surprising to me because they talk about their products being inspected to try to suggest that any defects (playfield defects) are noticed by them and considered within their acceptable standards... You would think they'd have a checklist of things like all the lights to make sure they're working. I mean how good could these inspections be if they don't catch that?

#6422 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Rarrrrr...
[quoted image]

Did they start making these with different colors? Mine looks more brown.

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did they start making these with different colors? Mine looks more brown.

Good eye... Looks like earlier runs might have been green, and now they've gone brown.

IMG_20200818_003606 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_003606 (resized).jpg
#6424 3 years ago

Good eye... Looks like earlier runs might have been green, and now they've gone brown.[quoted image]

Guess I'm team brown.

Screenshot_20200817-234216~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200817-234216~2 (resized).png
#6425 3 years ago

Good eye... Looks like earlier runs might have been green, and now they've gone brown.[quoted image]

Bummer. I kind of like green better. Oh well.

What are you doing there?

#6426 3 years ago

Juveniles vs Adults?? So if they ever do a vault edition, it'll just be the skeleton swaying around Actually Stern could re-use the mech if they ever released a "Night at the Museum" pin

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Swapping out my defective one, with one that hopefully does work. Spent 4 hours trying to fix my list of issues tonight, and at the end of it, I didn't even turn the machine on to test it out!

Will try tomorrow and hope it all works finally!

#6428 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'm also team brown. But I like the brown one better. Guess I got lucky.

#6429 3 years ago

If anyone has a moment, can you take a quick photo of the lower slingshot post on the left side (that the ball would hit off of if you were doing a post pass).
Thanks so much!

Here you go, I removed the rubber for you. the image is also taken from high aboth the machine so you dont get confused by camera angles.
You really can move that post quite much, remove the rubber first... you just have to loosen it up from the top, no need to lift the PF.
zoom in for better quality

IMG_20200818_161400 (resized).jpgIMG_20200818_161400 (resized).jpg

#6430 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Here you go, I removed the rubber for you. the image is also taken from high aboth the machine so you dont get confused by camera angles.
You really can move that post quite much, remove the rubber first... you just have to loosen it up from the top, no need to lift the PF.
[quoted image]

I really appreciate you doing that. I actually adjusted mine last night but I pushed it slightly to the front corner (4 or 5 o'clock of we were looking at a clock).

Looks like yours is sort of pointed at 9 o'clock.

When I get a chance today I'm going to fire up the game and see how it's playing after I made all of these adjustments last night.

We'll report back.

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

[quoted image]

Is that post drilled off center, like a cam, or is the hole just that much larger than the machine screw that holds it in place? I didn't know there was that much adjustment available there.

#6432 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Is that post drilled off center, like a cam, or is the hole just that much larger than the machine screw that holds it in place? I didn't know there was that much adjustment available there.

I am not sure, i think its a littlebit of both.

#6433 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Nice job. Where did you get the pterdon

Probably won't help you much, but was from my local Toy World... in Christchurch, New Zealand!

#6434 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Great idea with the clear domes! I’d like to do that on mine. Where’d you get them, if you don’t mind my asking?

I picked them up at the hardware store, think they were in a 3M multi pack with other shapes and sizes

#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

If it's like the post at the 3rd flipper, the post runs through a larger drilled hole and thus can be moved quite a bit just by loosening it, and then tightening it back down in a different place. Not sure why they didn't put a metal threaded placement plate under the playfield for post consistant positioning like this. But it works.

#6436 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If it's like the post at the 3rd flipper, the post runs through a larger drilled hole and thus can be moved quite a bit just by loosening it, and then tightening it back down in a different place. Not sure why they didn't put a metal threaded placement plate under the playfield for post consistant positioning like this. But it works.

I didn't think T-Nuts were used to ensure a consistent position but rather for firmly securing a post without the need to use tools top & bottom, however it could reduce the variance in position assuming the T-Nuts were able to be hammered in consistently.

#6437 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I didn't think T-Nuts were used to ensure a consistent position but rather for firmly securing a post without the need to use tools top & bottom, however it could reduce the variance in position assuming the T-Nuts were able to be hammered in consistently.

On my Funhouse, they used a metal plate with three threaded holes under the outramp post to allow it to be moved to 3 specific locations. They could do something similiar to this but with one hole (or use a T-nut), or simply drill the playfield wood hole smaller to match the size of the post itself (seems like the obvious choice to me but....)

8_

#6438 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

On my Funhouse, they used a metal plate with three threaded holes under the outramp post to allow it to be moved to 3 specific locations. They could do something similiar to this but with one hole (or use a T-nut), or simply drill the playfield wood hole smaller to match the size of the post itself (seems like the obvious choice to me but....)
8_

Arh yep know those plates - not sure how well they'd go on a post such as the upper flipper on JP that can be subjected to direct full blooded shots from the lower left flipper and the variation in fixing the plate to the underneath of the playfield may not actually improve consistency of the post location. Interesting thought none the less - it'd be interesting the see all the different concepts and ideas that have been tried by the pinball engineers over the years

#6439 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Arh yep know those plates - not sure how well they'd go on a post such as the upper flipper on JP that can be subjected to direct full blooded shots from the lower left flipper and the variation in fixing the plate to the underneath of the playfield may not actually improve consistency of the post location. Interesting thought none the less - it'd be interesting the see all the different concepts and ideas that have been tried by the pinball engineers over the years

Occam's razor is the principle that, of two explanations that account for all the facts, the simpler one is more likely to be correct. Perhaps the playfield engineers should just program the CNC machine that is cutting and drilling everything else, to drill the exact right size hole for a T-Nut at the exact right spot. Done. Bada-bing. Every post is located at the exact same position as every other same model machine.

#6440 3 years ago

This game is maddening with its tight shots and frustrating drains. That said I‘Ve been drawn back to it over and over putting time in, and have materially improved, got the the raptor paddock several times , caught a t-Rex a few times, scored over 700M, etc

What are the stackable scenarios that will add up points the fastest? I had a really big one tonight when I stacked the t-Rex Chase with chaos multi ball. I’ve started trying to strategize getting multi balls For either a really hard paddock, or to stack with one of the other modes. Am I thinking about this the right way a) for best score and b)for completing modes? For completing modes, any suggestions on the path of least resistance to the visitor center? Up the left side, up the right side?

I feel like after playing JP at a mediocre level for any period of time, i can go to MM or AFM and feel like a pro!

#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

This game is maddening with its tight shots and frustrating drains. That said I‘Ve been drawn back to it over and over putting time in, and have materially improved, got the the raptor paddock several times , caught a t-Rex a few times, scored over 700M, etc
What are the stackable scenarios that will add up points the fastest? I had a really big one tonight when I stacked the t-Rex Chase with chaos multi ball. I’ve started trying to strategize getting multi balls For either a really hard paddock, or to stack with one of the other modes. Am I thinking about this the right way a) for best score and b)for completing modes? For completing modes, any suggestions on the path of least resistance to the visitor center? Up the left side, up the right side?
I feel like after playing JP at a mediocre level for any period of time, i can go to MM or AFM and feel like a pro!

Rescue as many workers as possible. Rescues get you smart missiles. Abort smart missiles until you're at the harder dinos, then use clear paddock. You should be able to set up the start of a paddock with a smart missile shot with minimal effort.

Don't collect pterandon until it's at a very high level (the multiplier holds over until you collect) but try to start it as often as possible.

Feed TRex can be worth very good points if you make sure you hit the jackpots in order (left to right) before collecting super you can even hit the left shot again to boost it higher.

#6442 3 years ago

I'll just add to the above a bit. Some games you want to stack a MB with a mode to really blow up the score (like GOT and the Lanister-Greyjoy stack) while others it's better to play modes outside of MB. In JP I feel it's better across the board to play modes by themselves and MB on their own when possible. The MB's in this game require precision shots to get to any worthwhile scoring ops plus when in MB it makes completing Paddocks harder (at least for me). That Heli Pad shot while in MB always kills me plus the faster dinos seem to always get to the workers before I can trap up and effectively shoot the more precise shots like the raptor tower, C, O and helipad shots. Scoring really comes with methodical shots and focusing on completing each thing you start. Each side mode (TREX, Control Room, pterandon, etc) can be very valuable if played well but can be real hard to do when to much is going on.

For instance, I pulled this one off last night using the focus on one thing at a time strategy Still no Escape Nebular though as my Dino keeps blocking shots. Turned it off and kids got POed at me so turned it back on until I get a replacement... I was super excited about that score, then a friend of mine sent me just his Pterandon score and I realized I still have a way to go to take him down if we ever get to play in leagues again... I'm sure some of you may recognize his initials.

jp (resized).jpgjp (resized).jpgCOL (resized).jpgCOL (resized).jpg
#6443 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll just add to the above a bit. Some games you want to stack a MB with a mode to really blow up the score (like GOT and the Lanister-Greyjoy stack) while others it's better to play modes outside of MB. In JP I feel it's better across the board to play modes by themselves and MB on their own when possible. The MB's in this game require precision shots to get to any worthwhile scoring ops plus when in MB it makes completing Paddocks harder (at least for me). That Heli Pad shot while in MB always kills me plus the faster dinos seem to always get to the workers before I can trap up and effectively shoot the more precise shots like the raptor tower, C, O and helipad shots. Scoring really comes with methodical shots and focusing on completing each thing you start. Each side mode (TREX, Control Room, pterandon, etc) can be very valuable if played well but can be real hard to do when to much is going on.
For instance, I pulled this one off last night using the focus on one thing at a time strategy Still no Escape Nebular though as my Dino keeps blocking shots. Turned it off and kids got POed at me so turned it back on until I get a replacement... I was super excited about that score, then a friend of mine sent me just his Pterandon score and I realized I still have a way to go to take him down if we ever get to play in leagues again... I'm sure some of you may recognize his initials. [quoted image][quoted image]

Are you BEH or ZOE?

#6444 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Are you BEH or ZOE?

Both

At home I use my real initials of BEH. In league, Route games and Tournaments I use ZOE. Zoe is my daughters name thus why I don't use it at home.

#6445 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Rescue as many workers as possible. Rescues get you smart missiles. Abort smart missiles until you're at the harder dinos, then use clear paddock. You should be able to set up the start of a paddock with a smart missile shot with minimal effort.
Don't collect pterandon until it's at a very high level (the multiplier holds over until you collect) but try to start it as often as possible.
Feed TRex can be worth very good points if you make sure you hit the jackpots in order (left to right) before collecting super you can even hit the left shot again to boost it higher.

Do smart missiles stack? In other words, if I abort using a smart missile early and then get enough rescues to earn another smart missile would I now have 2 smart missiles to use or just one? I was thinking they don't stack and you could only ever have one in your pocket even if you had been aborting and then earned another one, so I've been using one (and missing) early in the game and then saving the next one until a harder paddock.

I finally cleared the T-Rex paddock a couple nights ago with a smart missile shot. I'd been trying to do that for a long time and it was pretty fun when it happened!

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For instance, I pulled this one off last night using the focus on one thing at a time strategy Still no Escape Nebular though as my Dino keeps blocking shots. Turned it off and kids got POed at me so turned it back on until I get a replacement... I was super excited about that score, then a friend of mine sent me just his Pterandon score and I realized I still have a way to go to take him down if we ever get to play in leagues again... I'm sure some of you may recognize his initials. [quoted image][quoted image]

Those scores are just... wow!

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You mentioned blocking shots. Mine does this on roughly 5% of my Trex shots. Any suggestions on how to mitigate?

#6448 3 years ago

i can't wrap my head around 4+ billion scores...

#6449 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Do smart missiles stack?

Nope

#6450 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

You mentioned blocking shots. Mine does this on roughly 5% of my Trex shots. Any suggestions on how to mitigate?

Mine blocks more along the lines of 60 (blocks) vs 40 (can hit the shot) so maybe I should be taking advice from you For me, I've been working with Stern. Going to try a replacement but it sounds like it's a couple months out. They are thinking hardware issue with mine at this point as it's REALLY bad. Not an inconvenience because you have to shoot it more than once to get it to stick in it's mouth. It's a situation to where the mouth is not even close to the ramp and the neck actually blocks the ramp too, type of thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/129?hl=jaylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.