(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,290 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 minutes ago by TORQUENDB
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 426.
#6201 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Not worrying
Just looking for some pics for comparison.
Thanks!

Here is mine completely untouched from the factory setting. If anything mine are a bit low which for this game is actually a good thing. The lower the flippers are the easier the "C" and "S/Helipad" shots are. It makes center shots harder but I can hit the spinner and both ramps just fine with a clean shot. I your more concerned about flipper power, I don't think this is your issue at all so I wouldn't touch yours.

jp (resized).jpgjp (resized).jpg
#6202 3 years ago

Not worrying
Just looking for some pics for comparison.
Thanks!

Here are mine. Picked up game 2 days ago, so only a few plays on her.

2A075645-483C-4C3D-B09B-C020FE2F09AE (resized).jpeg2A075645-483C-4C3D-B09B-C020FE2F09AE (resized).jpegC6C5D9F1-DE27-4249-8FD2-D6FEC1FEAB57 (resized).jpegC6C5D9F1-DE27-4249-8FD2-D6FEC1FEAB57 (resized).jpeg
#6203 3 years ago

From what I've seen of Stern's QC of late, I wouldn't rely on 2 pairs of factory set flippers to be the same.
Had to completely strip and re-install my half pipe as it was so poorly installed at the factory.

#6204 3 years ago

My spinner shot seems like it hits something everytime I shoot it. It makes it past the gate, bounces around and drops into the pops. Seems like it should go all the way around the loop to the upper flipper.
How is this shot intended to work?

#6205 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My spinner shot seems like it hits something everytime I shoot it. It makes it past the gate, bounces around and drops into the pops. Seems like it should go all the way around the loop to the upper flipper.

I think if it's a clean shot then it shouldn't drop into the pops.

#6206 3 years ago

I very rarely have it go around the loop. But its never a clean shot around, it always seems like it is bouncing off of something.
Not sure if it's the gate or the up post. The post seems flush, but who knows.

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is it happening with shots to the spinner from both flippers or just one? On mine weak shots can fall into the pops but decent shots go into the orbit. I do recall that as I tinkered with dialing in pitch and flipper strength on the machine there were times I had trouble getting shots from the left flipper to go cleanly through into the orbit. Maybe first try getting slow motion recording of some spinner shots and also take the glass off and roll the ball through there by hand to see what's going on with yours? And then if nothing seems out of whack after doing that maybe try adjusting pitch and/or flipper power to see if it changes? Just a couple ideas.

#6208 3 years ago

Lately we've had the opposite problem, most shots seem to go around now even if you rattle it a bit. Makes relighting Escape and getting Chaos add-a-balls a bit tougher. Maybe don't' fix what ain't broke...

#6209 3 years ago

I am having trouble with starting Escape Nublar at game start. I have tried the holding in both flippers and it does not seem to work on my Pro. Nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue or know of the solution? The only way I can get it to start is going into the game settings and change Standard Adjustment #47 Game Mode On Start to Challenge.

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

I am having trouble with starting Escape Nublar at game start. I have tried the holding in both flippers and it does not seem to work on my Pro. Nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue or know of the solution? The only way I can get it to start is going into the game settings and change Standard Adjustment #47 Game Mode On Start to Challenge.

Are you on 1.02 code?

#6211 3 years ago

I'm not sure what this is? Tell me more

#6212 3 years ago

I had a screw fly off the left ramp in the middle of a game (second time it's happened). I put it back in but there's no tension. It feels like there's nothing for it to screw into. It's this normal? It's this screw...

20200807_235509 (resized).jpg20200807_235509 (resized).jpg
#6213 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I had a screw fly off the left ramp in the middle of a game (second time it's happened). I put it back in but there's no tension. It feels like there's nothing for it to screw into. It's this normal? It's this screw...
[quoted image]

The screw holds the opto bracket (black plastic) and ramp protector (metal bracket) in place. The screws can sometimes strip the hole in the plastic opto bracket - you can buy replacement opto brackets ... a temporary fix can be to partially fill the hole with slither of a match stick (etc) such that the screw can grip it

#6214 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I'm not sure what this is? Tell me more

Escape Nublar is the main wizard mode, however if you want rather than playing a standard game, you have the ability to simply play the wizard mode as a mini game - this is called the Escape Nublar Challenge

From http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

Escape Nublar Challenge

By holding in both flipper buttons, you can choose to play the Escape Nublar Challenge. This is basically a game that consists of only playing Escape Nublar. Because there was no game beforehand, you are spotted 12 rescues and a default path to Visitor Center (the far edge of the map depending on what direction the truck is already facing). Also a very minor difference - you start immediately from a plunge, and thus the right flipper. Additionally, there are separate leaderboards for speed runs and high score runs. Tilting counts as an immediate mode loss, and thus, ends your game - however, your supply of tilt warnings is replenished when you lose a truck.

Replays are disabled during this mode, but you can still match at the end. You can also play this mode with multiple players, however, each player will play their entire Escape Nublar attempt in turn (that is, no switching players between trucks). And no, you cannot unlock When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth.

Speed run tip: If you’re confident in your shot making, sometimes it’s better to simply avoid hitting the truck at all during the Rescue Phase. If you’re going for a speed run, hitting the truck can cause you to veer off-course from the “easy” path unless you remember to switch the truck back as well. If you veer off the path, you may have to survive not just one, but two “hard” paddocks to get back! Also if you’re making your shots easily, fuel shouldn’t be too much of a concern.

For more info on playing the Escape Nublar mode itself, check out the ruleset link above

#6215 3 years ago

So you're obviously running v1.00 or above for it to say "Game Mode On Start"

Are you holding in both flipper buttons during attract mode (ie before you try to start a game)? This should allow you to switch to Challenge mode (if Adj#47 is set to Standard) before starting your game

#6216 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

So you're obviously running v1.00 or above for it to say "Game Mode On Start"
Are you holding in both flipper buttons during attract mode (ie before you try to start a game)? This should allow you to switch to Challenge mode (if Adj#47 is set to Standard) before starting your game

I am running 1.02 with a Pro. Yes, before the game starts in attract mode, I hold down the flippers for more than 10 seconds and there is nothing that appears on the LCD to switch to Challenge Mode??

As I said, the only way I can get the Escape Nublar Challenge to start up, is to switch Adjustment 47 to Challenge, then it immediately comes up when pushing the start button.

#6217 3 years ago

I am running 1.02 with a Pro. Yes, before the game starts in attract mode, I hold down the flippers for more than 10 seconds and there is nothing that appears on the LCD to switch to Challenge Mode??
As I said, the only way I can get the Escape Nublar Challenge to start up, is to switch Adjustment 47 to Challenge, then it immediately comes up when pushing the start button.

There’s another setting. Just flip through them. It’s something like:”enable challenge mode in attract mode”. Yes/no. You’ll recognize it when you see it..

#6218 3 years ago

Finally got around to changing the green spring that shipped with my game to the correct orange one. What a difference! If you haven't bothered to check, make sure you're plunger spring is orange.

#6219 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Here is mine completely untouched from the factory setting. If anything mine are a bit low which for this game is actually a good thing. The lower the flippers are the easier the "C" and "S/Helipad" shots are. It makes center shots harder but I can hit the spinner and both ramps just fine with a clean shot. I your more concerned about flipper power, I don't think this is your issue at all so I wouldn't touch yours.
[quoted image]

And pictures from my unit built two weeks ago (july 17th) with 1 game on it. The flipper bats seem to be dead-on straight to the tiny dimples in the playfield.

IMG_1245 (resized).jpgIMG_1245 (resized).jpgIMG_1246 (resized).jpgIMG_1246 (resized).jpgIMG_1247 (resized).jpgIMG_1247 (resized).jpg
#6220 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

There’s another setting. Just flip through them. It’s something like:”enable challenge mode in attract mode”. Yes/no. You’ll recognize it when you see it..

I went through the settings twice and did not see anything like enable challenge mode in attract mode. Do you have a pro? Wonder if the settings are different for pro vs. LE vs. Premium? Can you run through and let me know what setting number it is? Thanks for everyone's help.

#6221 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Finally got around to changing the green spring that shipped with my game to the correct orange one. What a difference! If you haven't bothered to check, make sure you're plunger spring is orange.

Where do you get the correct spring?

#6222 3 years ago

I went through the settings twice and did not see anything like enable challenge mode in attract mode. Do you have a pro? Wonder if the settings are different for pro vs. LE vs. Premium? Can you run through and let me know what setting number it is? Thanks for everyone's help.

Found it right away
6C510A51-4657-42F6-A709-49DD9659CC04 (resized).jpeg6C510A51-4657-42F6-A709-49DD9659CC04 (resized).jpeg

#6223 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Found it right away
[quoted image]

Do you have a Pro? Went back and looked. I don't have a Standard Adjustment 60. It goes from 59 and skips to 62. So no 60 or 61??

#6224 3 years ago

Do you have a Pro? Went back and looked. I don't have a Standard Adjustment 60. It goes from 59 and skips to 62. So no 60 or 61??

That is a LE in the pic. You may need to reload the software.

#6225 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Where do you get the correct spring?

I asked Stern to send it to me.

#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That is a LE in the pic. You may need to reload the software.

I did a full software reload and I am good to go. Not sure why that was needed. Thanks to everyone.

#6227 3 years ago

I did a full software reload and I am good to go. Not sure why that was needed. Thanks to everyone.

Yep that's weird - had you done something unusual previously, like go back to previous software version or use the custom audio version? Neither of those should have any issues at all but just wondering how the s/w could have got corrupted in this way

#6228 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Folks, I have removed several mods from my JP Pro and would like to offer them for sale here as a lot. Reposting with pics.
Mezel Mods Raptor pen:
https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-raptor-pen
Palm Trees (as seen here, but way more than 4):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/03672-jurassic-park-playfield-coconut-palm-trees-set-of-4
Lermods spinning blades:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/02934-jurassic-park-pro-spinning-helicopter-blades
Raptor with flasher dome very similar to the one you see listed for sale here on pinside.
Pteradon with mounting bracket
Smaller dino. Looks like a rex but has spines. The pic will explain later.
These mods add up to around $170 when purchased separately. I'd like to sell for $100 and receive an original JP Pro Raptor plastic in the deal, as well. Mine was cut off when the previous owner added the Raptor figure, instead of being unscrewed from the bracket below.
I will make and end an ad and pay the pinside fee, once a deal is made. Thanks for reading.
RC
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Adding these amber pop caps to the deal. 100 shipped for all.

IMG_20200808_164605664 (resized).jpgIMG_20200808_164605664 (resized).jpgIMG_20200808_164615069 (resized).jpgIMG_20200808_164615069 (resized).jpg
#6229 3 years ago

I have only been playing this game for a few weeks but does anyone else think that Nedry is getting all of the blame and no-one else is taking any responsibility for the crazy situation that is happening in Jurassic Park? I mean no-one else was slacking at their job?

#6230 3 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

I have only been playing this game for a few weeks but does anyone else think that Nedry is getting all of the blame and no-one else is taking any responsibility for the crazy situation that is happening in Jurassic Park? I mean no-one else was slacking at their job?

He was the one to initiate, "White rabbit object..." yep. His fault.

#6231 3 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

Screenshot_20200809-005017~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200809-005017~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200809-004658~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200809-004658~2 (resized).png
#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Gold!! Love it

#6233 3 years ago

hello all,
i installed the topper and have the newest code installed. i don‘t know how i can start the „topper-multiball“. i thouhgt i have to collect 12 dinos and then can start it. but i don‘t register anything at the topper when i catch a dino - only normal lightshow.
i thought the letters are supposed to light. one dino caught - one letter is lighted. do i have to switch on something in the menu?
thanks for your help.

#6234 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Do you guys ever get little specks of orange debris on the playfield? I think it's from fiction on the slingshot plastics. Is that normal?

seenev

My guess would be that the shooter spring is shedding some of its orange coating. See if the orange isn't concentrated in the shooter lane. You might not be able to see it on un-lit clear over blank P/F. You will probably have to run your finger like someone checking for dust.

#6235 3 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hello all,
i installed the topper and have the newest code installed. i don‘t know how i can start the „topper-multiball“. i thouhgt i have to collect 12 dinos and then can start it. but i don‘t register anything at the topper when i catch a dino - only normal lightshow.
i thought the letters are supposed to light. one dino caught - one letter is lighted. do i have to switch on something in the menu?
thanks for your help.

Yes, I believe I've seen an enable topper in adjustments but I unfortunately won't be buying a stern JP topper at that price tag... unless someone wants to help me pay for it. LOL!

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

seenev
My guess would be that the shooter spring is shedding some of its orange coating. See if the orange isn't concentrated in the shooter lane. You might not be able to see it on un-lit clear over blank P/F. You will probably have to run your finger like someone checking for dust.

This was before I had put in the orange spring. My game shipped with green.

#6237 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This was before I had put in the orange spring. My game shipped with green.

Did anyone get a game that shipped with the proper spring? The three games I've seen all shipped with green instead of orange.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Did anyone get a game that shipped with the proper spring? The three games I've seen all shipped with green instead of orange.

I have had my JP Premium for one week. It has a build date of July 13, 2020. It came with a GREEN spring.

#6239 3 years ago
Quoted from Hulkbuster:

I have had my JP Premium for one week. It has a build date of July 13, 2020. It came with a GREEN spring.

Mine is the same and has a green spring.
What’s the issue with the green spring? My manual plunges work great. Is orange less powerful?

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Mine is the same and has a green spring.
What’s the issue with the green spring? My manual plunges work great. Is orange less powerful?

Orange is stronger. The manual says it should have an orange in it. Mine also had a green and the manual plunges were terrible. The orange spring helped immensely. However, there are other known issues and fixes for the half pipe reject problem. The spring is just one piece of the puzzle.

#6241 3 years ago

Mine came with a green spring and I had zero issues with the auto plunge or full plunge. I switched to the orange because that’s what came with the amber shooting rod and I noticed that the biggest difference is with the short plunge. It’s much easier to accurately short plunge with the higher tension orange spring- at least for me...

#6242 3 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

hello all,
thanks for your help.

Friend of mine got the topper. All he did was plug it in. It did a node board update on first boot after installing it. There is an enable topper setting as advised above. It should default to on but make sure it is turned on. If you didn't see the node board update nor is the topper working you may not have installed it correctly or it could be defective (seeing you are overseas the shipping could have damaged something bouncing around that long).

The topper should have GI lighting on - Is that working?
When you start your first game the first letter should be blinking - Is it doing that?
After you collect your first dino the first letter should be solid and second one blinking now - Is it doing that?

If the above 3 questions are all yes then it is working fine. Once you collect all letters you have to hit the supply drop target to start the mode. It's a flipper count mode (not timer) so don't just randomly flip or you will end it really fast. Only allows for 40 flips. For the cost of the topper (and the mode) I hope they do an update to where you can at least add more flips by hitting a specific shot or collecting a goat to make it more fun and more worth while.

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

July 21 build: Green spring. Seems to be working 85-90% of the time, but I will be ordering the Orange from Stern. Also, obligatory game room photo:

C52F1A26-7795-4B59-8F2F-4AC0C2271B82 (resized).jpegC52F1A26-7795-4B59-8F2F-4AC0C2271B82 (resized).jpeg
#6244 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

July 21 build: Green spring. Seems to be working 85-90% of the time, but I will be ordering the Orange from Stern. Also, obligatory game room photo:[quoted image]

That species of vermiform has been extinct since the cretaceous period. It shouldn't be there.

#6245 3 years ago

I recall seeing a post about adjusting the shooter to ensure the ball was being hit dead center to fix those launch issue.

I'm getting about a 50% fail on auto and manual plunges.

Anyone find a fix for this?

#6246 3 years ago

I recall seeing a post about adjusting the shooter to ensure the ball was being hit dead center to fix those launch issue.
I'm getting about a 50% fail on auto and manual plunges.
Anyone find a fix for this?

Install a small washer under the left side of the metal fork in the shooter lane to raise it slightly. Improved my auto launch success tremendously.

#6247 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

Install a small washer under the left side of the metal fork in the shooter lane to raise it slightly. Improved my auto launch success tremendously.

It looks like mine has one from the factory, would that be correct? Or should I put another one under there?

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It looks like mine has one from the factory, would that be correct? Or should I put another one under there?

Can you share a photo of how it came from the factory?

#6249 3 years ago

Is the gate you shoot through to hit the chaos target supposed to be a 1-way? Almost every time I get in the pops the ball gets under it and heads for the flippers/center drain.

#6250 3 years ago
Quoted from TheBenk:

Is the gate you shoot through to hit the chaos target supposed to be a 1-way? Almost every time I get in the pops the ball gets under it and heads for the flippers/center drain.

Yes, it's most definitely a one way gate. On my machine it's very very rare that the ball gets back past the gate. Can you share a good close up pic of your gate? Maybe something needs some adjusting

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12,999.99
There are 21,290 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/125?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.