(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 426.
#6151 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really would like to find a Stern Mosquito shooter rod that has the lights. Does anyone have one for sale, or know where I can still get one?

I got lucky and got one on amazon that someone on this thread found. Just makes sure to look every day on eBay/amazon and you should find one eventually.

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If anyone is looking to get the amber mosquito shooter rod, I would recommend doing it quickly. They apparently can't keep them in stock anywhere, and modfather is taking orders to do a run.
At just 99 bucks, I don't think there is a better mod for the price.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/02861-jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter[quoted image]

Does anyone have any pictures of where the rod attaches to amber?
I have seen some where the amber is threaded and I don't particularly care for that look.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

85vett
Already checked this? Might be your problem.

Unfortunately no. I messed with it as well as a couple others that were loose.

#6154 3 years ago

Got my prem. machine on Thursday. So far so good. My only complaint is that sometimes the voice call-outs sound terrible, like there is a deep muffling sound mixed in with the call outs. Haven't been paying attention to the forums to know if there is any fixes for this, or if this is just how it is. Even my friend that came over immediately said: wow that sounds terrible.

#6155 3 years ago

What do you think about combining the lighted shooter rod plate with the ModFather shooter

$59 for lighted plate

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you think about combining the lighted shooter rod plate with the ModFather shooter
$59 for lighted plate

I'm surprised no one has started making / selling lit shooter plates to wire up and have the game controlled lighting like the Jurassic Park and Stranger Things shooter plates have. Assuming they both use the same CN15 connection and wiring. Seems like a no brainier since there are people making the same type of shooter rods for both games. That connection isn't normally used...so there shouldn't be any complications on making the connection. I wouldn't expect finding a couple of comparable +5v led would be hard to find.

#6157 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I think the set screw is hard to see in the picture, but I believe you can see the red circle I drew in (near the center of the picture)
[quoted image]

Ohio State Alumni

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow great custom paint job, really works well with the Prem artwork - what are the costs of doing this sort of work in Europe?

#6160 3 years ago

1.3k for a paint job? Woof

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

1.3k for a paint job? Woof

I'm assuming you've never done a repaint before. A LOT of people don't understand how much work and talent goes into doing this stuff correctly (and good materials cost a shitload, too...when I repaint a cabinet doing a WPC restoration, the paint alone costs $200). I could do this paint job for you for half price, but it would look like you paid half price, too. I can't do what this guy does. But if you wanted me to do a full restoration on a cabinet for you, it would take 2 months to do correctly and when you saw the price, you'd really be barkin'.

#6162 3 years ago

Whats everyone using for plastic protectors? Anyone using them? I asked a few days ago about colored ones but didnt get but one response... Im assuming nobody felt they were necessary? Im going with clear if I can't find colored ones that mesh well with the art.

Also love to find a stern shooter mod but its not a big deal I play the game not the shooter knob!

#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Whats everyone using for plastic protectors? Anyone using them? I asked a few days ago about colored ones but didnt get but one response... Im assuming nobody felt they were necessary? Im going with clear if I can't find colored ones that mesh well with the art.
Also love to find a stern shooter mod but its not a big deal I play the game not the shooter knob!

I went with the basic, clear sling and return lane protectors. At least with them installed, the ugly ass fender washers can be removed from under the sling plastics. In most cases I'm not a fan of protectors that change the colors of the plastics.

I'm the same with the Stern shooter rod. If they want money they will make more. I think Stern needs someone new, or maybe just someone, to be put in charge of their mod division. No need for so many of their add-ons being in demand and people having to wait months and months to give up their money to buy them. This isn't a virus thing....it's a Stern not having their ducks in a row thing. Listen to what people want and have it available for them to buy. Shortages can crop up, but there is no need for people to have to wait on almost everything they want. Having the toppers ready to ship for each game when it is released if you are going to release one would be step one.

#6164 3 years ago

I haven’t bought any protectors yet. The only full set I have found is on eBay and almost $70 after shipping.
I need to price a new plastic set before I spend that much on protectors

#6165 3 years ago
Quoted from trihedron:

Got my prem. machine on Thursday. So far so good. My only complaint is that sometimes the voice call-outs sound terrible, like there is a deep muffling sound mixed in with the call outs. Haven't been paying attention to the forums to know if there is any fixes for this, or if this is just how it is. Even my friend that came over immediately said: wow that sounds terrible.

What code are you on? Might check that first. There is also a custom code that a fellow pinsider made that uses actual clips from the movie. For me, it makes an awesome game even better.

#6166 3 years ago

Do you guys ever feel cheated if you make the helicopter shot during a multiball but it doesn't give you credit because it's during a ball save so it considers it just the returned ball and not a shot made?

#6167 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I went with the basic, clear sling and return lane protectors. At least with them installed, the ugly ass fender washers can be removed from under the sling plastics. In most cases I'm not a fan of protectors that change the colors of the plastics.
I'm the same with the Stern shooter rod. If they want money they will make more. I think Stern needs someone new, or maybe just someone, to be put in charge of their mod division. No need for so many of their add-ons being in demand and people having to wait months and months to give up their money to buy them. This isn't a virus thing....it's a Stern not having their ducks in a row thing. Listen to what people want and have it available for them to buy. Shortages can crop up, but there is no need for people to have to wait on almost everything they want. Having the toppers ready to ship for each game when it is released if you are going to release one would be step one.

Hey Doug,
I agree completely! If they had someone in charge of the mod department they would stand to make 100% more revenue from that division of their business. Ive passed on side armor for JP which I was going to have Powdercoated but it was sold out, also the shooter plate/knob at this point is another mod I'll probably pass on since having my armor completed and installed... there are MANY others who went the modfather route now as well simply because they were unable to obtain the Stern product in a timely manner. Toppers are also constantly out of stock. I don't want a $600 topper FOR ANY MACHINE! Its just not the way any company should go after more consumer dollars if they want continued support from their regular NIB buyers. I know I'd be more apt to buy a LE if it included a topper with purchase like many 90's machines included BEFORE this new squeeze the lemon for all it's worth technique came about! Don't get me wrong I'm buying NIB but the added mods need to be accessible for me to pull the trigger... I love supporting independent mod manufacturers as well so if I can find a better option for less on the 3rd party market thats awesome, but stern does have sd ome items that I most definitely would spend for if they had a better handle on supply and demand figures.

Anyways I'm installing my speakers and light mods TOMORROW MORNING Doug! Cant wait to switch it up I just haven't had the time yet with installing the armor from Rob and the audio upgrade from Mr. Styles . I'll be posting pics of all the stuff tomorrow because there are some much needed props shown to many fellow pinball mod manufacturers who do such a great job supporting us Addicts!

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

So... anyone willing to take some detailed photos of their Stern topper for me (and everyone else)
Looking for a project and want to see what nodeboard is tossed in there

Same here

#6169 3 years ago

I just ordered the $15 partial set from Pinball Life. PBL-300-0142-00 They have a fluorescent green tint. Getting clear seemed to be a missed opportunity, but the green may be overwhelming... I will advise how they look once they arrive tomorrow.

#6170 3 years ago

I just ordered the $15 partial set from Pinball Life. PBL-300-0142-00 They have a fluorescent green tint. Getting clear seemed to be a missed opportunity, but the green may be overwhelming... I will advise how they look once they arrive tomorrow.

That's the ones I have. I got them because I had green flipper rubbers.
I like them, not too overwhelming.

20200803_084245 (resized).jpg20200803_084245 (resized).jpg
#6171 3 years ago

They have clear as well. I have them on my game and like them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0141-00

#6172 3 years ago

I have the green they look great

#6173 3 years ago

I recorded a video of some of the sound issues I'm having with the voice call outs, does anyone have any suggestions?

https://streamable.com/d7fmez

#6174 3 years ago
Quoted from trihedron:

I recorded a video of some of the sound issues I'm having with the voice call outs, does anyone have any suggestions?
https://streamable.com/d7fmez

Go into settings, and make sure the speakers are set for 8 ohms. I believe one code update accidentally changed it to 4. I would then check the sound levels and EQ. There is a master volume, as well as individual gain control over music and callouts. Your video sounds like speaker distortion to me.

#6175 3 years ago

Okay, I need some help from the Stern JP owners club. For those of you who have the Mezel Mods Pinball Raptor Lookout Tower installed, I need to know the clearance from the peak of the roof to the underside of the playfield glass (in mm preferably, but I can handle decimal or fractional inches if that's all you can do).

Long story short, I'm designing a roof mod but I don't have access to the game. Also, the guy I'm doing it for lives over an hour away and I currently have his roof in my possession, so he can't help me either. Once of those things I meant to measure beforehand, but forgot to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can either post here in the forum or PM me with the information.

#6176 3 years ago

Folks, I have removed several mods from my JP Pro and would like to offer them for sale here as a lot. Reposting with pics.

Mezel Mods Raptor pen:
https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-raptor-pen

Palm Trees (as seen here, but way more than 4):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/03672-jurassic-park-playfield-coconut-palm-trees-set-of-4

Lermods spinning blades:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/02934-jurassic-park-pro-spinning-helicopter-blades

Raptor with flasher dome very similar to the one you see listed for sale here on pinside.

Pteradon with mounting bracket

Smaller dino. Looks like a rex but has spines. The pic will explain later.

These mods add up to around $170 when purchased separately. I'd like to sell for $100 and receive an original JP Pro Raptor plastic in the deal, as well. Mine was cut off when the previous owner added the Raptor figure, instead of being unscrewed from the bracket below.

I will make and end an ad and pay the pinside fee, once a deal is made. Thanks for reading.

RC

IMG_20200730_192218190 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192218190 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192221942 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192221942 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192232341 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192232341 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192248429 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192248429 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192259096 (resized).jpgIMG_20200730_192259096 (resized).jpg
#6177 3 years ago

Have you tried calling stern and asking them for a new raptor plastic?

#6178 3 years ago

Does these flippers look aligned correctly?

Also, is there any other fox for the shooter problem other than the washer under the left side of the fork?

I have issue with both manual and auto launch. Actually almost reached Nublar tonight, and sadly lost my game to a bad launch that threw the ball SDTM

IMG_20200805_004126 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_004126 (resized).jpg
#6179 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Does these flippers look aligned correctly?
Also, is there any other fox for the shooter problem other than the washer under the left side of the fork?
I have issue with both manual and auto launch. Actually almost reached Nublar tonight, and sadly lost my game to a bad launch that threw the ball SDTM
[quoted image]

Yep the flippers look to be aligned correctly.

As for the shooter lane issue, firstly check the PF is level from left to right. The fork will affect both plungers (manual and auto) but equally the plungers themselves need to be aligned with the ball in the shooter lane. The auto-plunger has 2 strike arms that should both touch the ball while it is at rest, otherwise it'll cause the ball to have sideways movement and not enough momentum to get up the ramp or clip the edge of the ramp. prodoshi did a great post a week ago showing this issue and how to adjust the auto-plunger https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/120#post-5758762 Equally check that the manual plunger is aligned with the center of the ball to avoid any sideways movement when plunging the ball, it's worth checking that the manual plunger has an orange spring on the plunger and not a green one (which was shipped with the early machines).

If still having issues try taking a slo-mo video of the plungers in action to help figure out what is happening and post a link of the video

#6180 3 years ago

from the view as it, the right seems a little bit to low...

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

from the view as it, the right seems a little bit to low...

I think that might be just the camera position, which seems more over the top of the left flipper and creating a slight parallax error ... just hard to tell

#6182 3 years ago

As long as the center of the flippers are lined up with the center of the dimple, They're correct. The upper flipper is different. The front edge of the flipper should line up with the dimple. That's what I've read anyway. Supposedly from the mouth of K.E. himself.

#6183 3 years ago

Do you guys ever get little specks of orange debris on the playfield? I think it's from fiction on the slingshot plastics. Is that normal?

#6184 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Do you guys ever get little specks of orange debris on the playfield? I think it's from fiction on the slingshot plastics. Is that normal?

Ive Never seen any debris on mine.

#6185 3 years ago
14AE16AB-A2BA-4154-96A0-C87CD60ED141 (resized).jpeg14AE16AB-A2BA-4154-96A0-C87CD60ED141 (resized).jpeg4555F80E-5D50-48CC-8187-D998B5244FA3 (resized).jpeg4555F80E-5D50-48CC-8187-D998B5244FA3 (resized).jpeg8B2C9398-DA09-4CEA-8D57-9B579E92AC92 (resized).jpeg8B2C9398-DA09-4CEA-8D57-9B579E92AC92 (resized).jpeg5AD02B6C-A0C3-442A-8ECB-F3DA06B22502 (resized).jpeg5AD02B6C-A0C3-442A-8ECB-F3DA06B22502 (resized).jpeg78303821-2AE4-4E88-AF3B-81B3AD5F69EB (resized).jpeg78303821-2AE4-4E88-AF3B-81B3AD5F69EB (resized).jpeg851DA836-CFBD-4BB3-9531-503DF602A87A (resized).jpeg851DA836-CFBD-4BB3-9531-503DF602A87A (resized).jpeg
#6186 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I think that might be just the camera position, which seems more over the top of the left flipper and creating a slight parallax error ... just hard to tell

Here's a couple different angles...

IMG_20200806_015451 (resized).jpgIMG_20200806_015451 (resized).jpgIMG_20200806_015522 (resized).jpgIMG_20200806_015522 (resized).jpgIMG_20200806_015551 (resized).jpgIMG_20200806_015551 (resized).jpg
#6187 3 years ago

Here's a couple different angles...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The first pic it would seem to be marginally lower than the hole but again I think this is more parallax error, as the 2nd pic shows they are aligned or that close to it. I'd be happy with it and even if it is out by a faction of a mm, your brain/body will learn the timing of your game to make the shots.

#6188 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The first pic it would seem to be marginally lower than the hole but again I think this is more parallax error, as the 2nd pic shows they are aligned or that close to it. I'd be happy with it and even if it is out by a faction of a mm, your brain/body will learn the timing of your game to make the shots.

I think that's just it... the flipper can look off from looking above, but perfectly aligned when looking from the sides.

So, should it be aligned with the hole while you look from straight above, or from the side?

#6189 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you fix the palmtrees? doubletape?

#6190 3 years ago

I think that's just it... the flipper can look off from looking above, but perfectly aligned when looking from the sides.
So, should it be aligned with the hole while you look from straight above, or from the side?

I don't believe that this degree of accuracy really matters, as there are so many other variances in each machine. Owners will tweek the PF pitch and flipper positions according to their own preferences and their individual machine to fine tune it to their liking. But there is no right or wrong answer as you'll just get used to how your individual machine plays - as long as it's physically possible to hit all the shots, which is why Keith has indicated the game was designed with droopy flippers to be able to make those wide shots.

I, for example simply look down from above in aligning mine. My biggest issue has nothing to do with the machine itself ... but rather my own playing skill

#6191 3 years ago

Looks like he is flashing someone, haha

f162be520b15e52024580de17842c62d32501da3.jpeg (resized).jpgf162be520b15e52024580de17842c62d32501da3.jpeg (resized).jpg
#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Looks like he is flashing someone, haha
[quoted image]

c2206b54bf5f55747eefa3fb1a532d6038e59dbc_1200x1200 (resized).jpgc2206b54bf5f55747eefa3fb1a532d6038e59dbc_1200x1200 (resized).jpg
#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from madmack:

How did you fix the palmtrees? doubletape?

Modfatherpinball

#6194 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

[quoted image]

Ahahah

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:Modfatherpinball

How did you attach the trees to the plastics? Tape, wire, etc. ?

#6196 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the smart missile activating during the skill shot phase?
I've had it happen twice today, when a rescue was sat on the left ramp and it activated smart missile, effectively killing the skill shot sequence.

Also is there a grace period after the skill shot sequence ends, where DNA combos don't count?
I've gone left ramp, right ramp, helipad and control room and the helipad, control room DNA didn't register.

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from Stags6969:

Has anyone had issues with the smart missile activating during the skill shot phase?
I've had it happen twice today, when a rescue was sat on the left ramp and it activated smart missile, effectively killing the skill shot sequence.

Yep - it’s happened to me too. I was hoping 1.02 would fix that but no dice.

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I don't believe that this degree of accuracy really matters, as there are so many other variances in each machine. Owners will tweek the PF pitch and flipper positions according to their own preferences and their individual machine to fine tune it to their liking. But there is no right or wrong answer as you'll just get used to how your individual machine plays - as long as it's physically possible to hit all the shots, which is why Keith has indicated the game was designed with droopy flippers to be able to make those wide shots.
I, for example simply look down from above in aligning mine. My biggest issue has nothing to do with the machine itself ... but rather my own playing skill

Agreed, there will also be slight variances from the factory since these are hand assembled.

Can someone who has not moved their flippers from the factory setting, please take a photo from above, and also from the sides.

Thanks so much!

#6199 3 years ago

Agreed, there will also be slight variances from the factory since these are hand assembled.
Can someone who has not moved their flippers from the factory setting, please take a photo from above, and also from the sides.
Thanks so much!

Can you make the shots?
If so, stop worrying about it. It doesn't matter. Your game isn't ever going to play exactly like anyone else's.

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Can you make the shots?
If so, stop worrying about it. It doesn't matter. Your game isn't ever going to play exactly like anyone else's.

Not worrying

Just looking for some pics for comparison.

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.