(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,258 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5110 (resized).jpeg
JP-jeep2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 426.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I ordered a protector today. Not playing it until it's on there. I actually had a little metal protector on the eject side and it wasn't doing anything.
The last Stern I had was Ghostbusters. I put a lot of games on it before selling it and it didn't have this problem. I guess this is my one and only nib from Stern unless they address and fix the issue.

I cannot see Stern making and adjustments to help with this issue. We put Cliffys in the shooter lanes of all games before we plunge a ball.

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Have you turned the power to the trough kickout down? I've got mine on the lowest setting and it has no issues kicking the ball into the shooter lane. I'd still suggest a cliffy or mylar or a clear plastic shooter lane protector, but the lower power will help as well.

I had it at the default but I've turned it lower now. I figured the default setting should be fine but I guess it's not.

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I had it at the default but I've turned it lower now. I figured the default setting should be fine but I guess it's not.

Yep I did the same to mine when I heard other help were experiencing this issue. I've got some chipping on mine as well but it is hard to notice, so I just focus on playing

#6104 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I ordered a protector today. Not playing it until it's on there. I actually had a little metal protector on the eject side and it wasn't doing anything.
The last Stern I had was Ghostbusters. I put a lot of games on it before selling it and it didn't have this problem. I guess this is my one and only nib from Stern unless they address and fix the issue.

Can you send me the link to the protector? June 4th build on mine too. Obviously you saw my shooter lane above.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Can you send me the link to the protector? June 4th build on mine too. Obviously you saw my shooter lane above.

You can email Cliffy direct.

[email protected]

Great guy, awesome to deal with, I highly recommend him and his products.

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Did yours come like that? I've had to replace my coil stops, and when I put everything back together, I lined the middle of the tip of the bats to the hole.
Yours looks like if you drew a line down the top of the bat, it would connect to that alignment hole?
For example, yours looks it's where the red line is, but I have mine adjusted to the green.
Can anyone else confirm if theirs is like this? Should it be like the red or green when it comes from the factory?
[quoted image]

mine came from factory aligned like your red line. But as i just read, Keith designed the game with a littlebit droopier flippers.
I just can assume he means something like the green line.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106

the thing is, those small adjustments can have a big impact on gameplay you wouldn't guess... just like swapping out original stern hard post rubbers (= super fast drains), or waxing a new game.

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

mine came from factory aligned like your red line. But as i just read, Keith designed the game with a littlebit droopier flippers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106
the thing is, those small adjustments can have a big impact on gameplay you wouldn't guess... just like swapping out original stern hard post rubbers (= super fast drains), or waxing a new game.

Just read 2 posts below the post you linked.
Keith clearly confirms:
Middle of the flipper to the middle of alignement hole.
The top flipper: top of the flipper to the alignement hole.

I think thats pretty clear.

#6108 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yep those little variations can make a huge difference in how it plays, which is why no 2 games are the same. I find the real skill is to be able to adjust your timing when playing someone else's machine or one on site that you have at home ... me well, I'm not that skilled so I typically play terribly

#6109 3 years ago

I'm joining the club shortly (waiting for a premium) and would like to upgrade the speakers. What would you audio freaks recommend? I want something easy to install (haven't got a 3D printer to make custom spacers) and without too many settings or trade offs. Just better sound. Greatful for suggestions!

#6110 3 years ago

Folks, I have removed several mods from my JP Pro and would like to offer them for sale here as a lot. I will post pics later after work.

Mezel Mods Raptor pen:
https://mezelmods.com/products/jurassic-park-pinball-raptor-pen

Palm Trees (as seen here, but way more than 4):
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/03672-jurassic-park-playfield-coconut-palm-trees-set-of-4

Lermods spinning blades:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1016-lermods/02934-jurassic-park-pro-spinning-helicopter-blades

Raptor with flasher dome very similar to the one you see listed for sale here on pinside.

Pteradon with mounting bracket

Smaller dino. Looks like a rex but has spines. The pic will explain later.

These mods add up to around $170 when purchased separately. I'd like to sell for $100 and receive an original JP Pro Raptor plastic in the deal, as well. Mine was cut off when the previous owner added the Raptor figure, instead of being unscrewed from the bracket below.

I will make and end an ad and pay the pinside fee, once a deal is made. Thanks for reading.

RC

#6111 3 years ago

for the cliffy thing, just watch reinstall of those fin shank bolts. i stripped one.

#6112 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I'm joining the club shortly (waiting for a premium) and would like to upgrade the speakers. What would you audio freaks recommend? I want something easy to install (haven't got a 3D printer to make custom spacers) and without too many settings or trade offs. Just better sound. Greatful for suggestions!

Member Audiofreak had a few posts about speaker upgrades a couple of pages back (sorry, at work and don’t have time to look up specific post)

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Pinwolfer is your best option. By far the best sounding kit out there for these games. Not cheap though.

#6114 3 years ago

I have a JP Premium on order, supposed to be in on the first week of August! This will be my first real pinball (bought a judge dredd too, hopefully it gets delivered tomorrow). Purchased a cliffy set, mainly for the shooter lane, and if I have play field issues, i'll deal with it. Its like anything else mass manufactured, cars etc. Very rarely is anything ever "perfect" in this world, but what makes or breaks a deal for me is if the manufacturer stands behind their product, and or enough aftermarket support to fix the issue.

If they don't, at least I have the Iron trick to try. Either way i'm extremely excited for my first machine at home, introduce my friends and family to the hobby, and try to make some new friends along the way! Needless to say i'm excited! I'll post play field pics once i get my machine!

Other than a cliffy set, and code upgrade, anything else recommended for a JP Premium?

On those fin shank bolts, how did you end up stripping them? Just curious, i'll have to tackle this myself shorlty.

#6115 3 years ago

Sorry if this a repeat question. Just curious if anyone knows where to get replacement decals for the jp premium cabinet. Unfortunately got a Decent sized scratch the other day. Thanks.

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantes1844:

Sorry if this a repeat question. Just curious if anyone knows where to get replacement decals for the jp premium cabinet. Unfortunately got a Decent sized scratch the other day. Thanks.

You can have any distributor order them for you.

#6117 3 years ago

I have been asked to share my JP apron cards in this thread. Hopefully someone can use them. Here you go:
20200730_002555 (resized).jpg20200730_002555 (resized).jpgIMG-20200728-WA0004 (resized).jpgIMG-20200728-WA0004 (resized).jpgIMG-20200729-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20200729-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20200729-WA0001 (resized).jpgIMG-20200729-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20200728-003438 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200728-003438 (resized).png
#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from tyson171:

Other than a cliffy set, and code upgrade, anything else recommended for a JP Premium?

Shaker Motor is a must.

Enjoy, and welcome to the club!

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pinwolfer is your best option. By far the best sounding kit out there for these games. Not cheap though.

I agree 100%. The Pinwoofer super kit is the best package going. I currently have them on a Fish Tales and a No good Gophers. I will definitely get the setup for my JP soon. For what it's worth, I've always had 10" subs under my pins. It sounds good, but the pinwoofer kit is way better. Something about having the subwoofer actually inside the cabinet just makes it awesome.

#6120 3 years ago

If anyone is looking to get the amber mosquito shooter rod, I would recommend doing it quickly. They apparently can't keep them in stock anywhere, and modfather is taking orders to do a run.

At just 99 bucks, I don't think there is a better mod for the price.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/02861-jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter

Screenshot_20200730-134612~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200730-134612~2 (resized).png
#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If anyone is looking to get the amber mosquito shooter rod, I would recommend doing it quickly. They apparently can't keep them in stock anywhere, and modfather is taking orders to do a run.
At just 99 bucks, I don't think there is a better mod for the price.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1017-modfather-pinball-mods/02861-jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter[quoted image]

How do these compare to the official stern rods? Just curious.

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Stern hard post rubbers = super fast drains. Would switching out the rubbers on this playfield let me sleep better at night after an evening of high blood pressure caused by super fast drains? Any suggestions/links on the brand? The out lanes in this game are making it hard for me to continue calling myself a Christian after some of the things coming out of my mouth.

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The out lanes in this game are making it hard for me to continue calling myself a Christian after some of the things coming out of my mouth.

Embrace the Death Save.
Come to the dark side. You'll sleep like a baby.
#TeamDeathSave

#6124 3 years ago

Having issues with powered external subwoofer.
Polk PSW10. Had it shared with my Star Trek Prem and Iron Maiden no issues. sub would buzz if only 1 pin was on otherwise fine.
Sold Star Trek and hooked up my JP Pro.
JP speakers buzz sub and IMDN are quiet.

Any ideas. maybe ground loop?

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Embrace the Death Save.
Come to the dark side. You'll sleep like a baby.
#TeamDeathSave

I wont deathsave on my games.....Usually.
Pins at the bar are fair game if it doesn't tilt.

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from tyson171:

How do these compare to the official stern rods? Just curious.

Last i heard stern ones got an inferior insect inside of it. Modfathers are not lighted u but got a great mosquito in it. But I'm working on getting mine lighted up too. Will need some work.
IMG_20200721_152602 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_152602 (resized).jpg

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Stern hard post rubbers = super fast drains. Would switching out the rubbers on this playfield let me sleep better at night after an evening of high blood pressure caused by super fast drains? Any suggestions/links on the brand? The out lanes in this game are making it hard for me to continue calling myself a Christian after some of the things coming out of my mouth.

nope, you missunderstood. the factory ones are the "good" ones, because they are less bouncy resulting in slower balls.

i feel like my flippers are getting weak, since my post passes are getting harder and micro flips easier. I changed the coil stops some months ago. Is there a possibilty that my additional LEDs are draining too much power? or is this a different power source? because i have alot of LEDs solderd to the GI etc... funny that i now can nearly hit every shot... never had such good games!

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

The consensus here seems to be Superbands for the post rubbers and whatever your preferred flipper rubber-I like perfect play for my flippers.

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I wont deathsave on my games.....Usually.

I can live with these updated terms. I retract my thumbs down.

#6130 3 years ago

So I was opening the coin door tonight, and one of my keys broke off in the lock. Luckily my wife was able to pry out the broken half with her nails and it came with a spare key. Wondering how easy it is to get a replacement. Funny enough I’ll be driving by the Stern office on a road trip to Wisconsin tomorrow. Maybe I should just walk in the lobby and request another key LOL.

My coin door locking mechanism seems to be the root cause. It takes a fair amount of force these days to turn the key. Wonder if there is an adjustment I can make to loosen it up.

#6131 3 years ago

I recently switched over to these keyless ones.
a spare key should be easy to get.
https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I recently switched over to these keyless ones.
a spare key should be easy to get.
https://www.pinballlife.com/keyless-coin-door-lock.html

Oh wow!! That's pretty damn sweet! I had no idea those even existed. For $4 I'm in !

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Oh wow!! That's pretty damn sweet! I had no idea those even existed. For $4 I'm in !

Definitely worth it for $4. I like the keyed locks but at home there is no need.

#6134 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

So I was opening the coin door tonight, and one of my keys broke off in the lock. Luckily my wife was able to pry out the broken half with her nails and it came with a spare key. Wondering how easy it is to get a replacement. Funny enough I’ll be driving by the Stern office on a road trip to Wisconsin tomorrow. Maybe I should just walk in the lobby and request another key LOL.
My coin door locking mechanism seems to be the root cause. It takes a fair amount of force these days to turn the key. Wonder if there is an adjustment I can make to loosen it up.

The keyless ones are nice if you don't have kids. For a replacement, there is a number on the lock which corresponds to the correct key. You could contact a parts supplier to see if they could sell you the keys for that lock number. Honestly, would be easier to just replace that lock with a new one. Super easy to do.

For adjustments (you'll need it with the keyless ones too). You can adjust the tension of the lock by bending the locking arm in or out. In to make it tighter and out to make it looser.

#6135 3 years ago

Damn TREX roadblocked me yet again last night. This happens 100% of the time I make it to Museum Mayhem. So frustrating as it blocks me from progressing through the game and to possibly get to Escape Nebular. I know I can play that wizard mode with the flipper code but I want to play it the first time by earning it. Other TREX modes I can get past with the head not allowing me to catch the ball as the mode will time out but not this one.

Sometimes the head goes down on the left, sometimes the right and sometimes in the middle to where it is supposed to go. All the game adjustments make no difference.

JP (resized).jpgJP (resized).jpg

#6136 3 years ago

Dam dude 2.9 billy?? THAT is a friggin score

#6137 3 years ago

So... anyone willing to take some detailed photos of their Stern topper for me (and everyone else)
Looking for a project and want to see what nodeboard is tossed in there

#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Having issues with powered external subwoofer.
Polk PSW10. Had it shared with my Star Trek Prem and Iron Maiden no issues. sub would buzz if only 1 pin was on otherwise fine.
Sold Star Trek and hooked up my JP Pro.
JP speakers buzz sub and IMDN are quiet.
Any ideas. maybe ground loop?

I would install an on/on switch to the speaker wires at the split in order to switch back and forth.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Damn TREX roadblocked me yet again last night. This happens 100% of the time I make it to Museum Mayhem. So frustrating as it blocks me from progressing through the game and to possibly get to Escape Nebular. I know I can play that wizard mode with the flipper code but I want to play it the first time by earning it. Other TREX modes I can get past with the head not allowing me to catch the ball as the mode will time out but not this one.
Sometimes the head goes down on the left, sometimes the right and sometimes in the middle to where it is supposed to go. All the game adjustments make no difference.
[quoted image]

Wow, amazing score! Bummer to have such a great game blocked by the T-Rex. Hope they get it straightened out for you.

#6140 3 years ago

Our new Airbrush kit for the Premium. Include the Prototyp from our speaker Panel with lighting.

The lighting we have to chance. But we happy with the End result.

12F158F7-1E08-46E4-9D27-1087F241A325 (resized).jpeg12F158F7-1E08-46E4-9D27-1087F241A325 (resized).jpeg4DF32559-9BF0-4CB1-BA80-B26DAD99FECE (resized).jpeg4DF32559-9BF0-4CB1-BA80-B26DAD99FECE (resized).jpeg78F7F867-F455-4D43-AEF9-1BE7F02FF6AD (resized).jpeg78F7F867-F455-4D43-AEF9-1BE7F02FF6AD (resized).jpeg
#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Just read 2 posts below the post you linked.
Keith clearly confirms:
Middle of the flipper to the middle of alignement hole.
The top flipper: top of the flipper to the alignement hole.
I think thats pretty clear.

Can some share a photo from a side angle (hard to tell from directly above) showing where the hole is lined up with the bat.

Obviously someone who has not adjusted it from factory setting.

Thanks!

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Some people are complaining about the colored ones staining the plastics. I don’t have any first hand experience with them, but I’d probably stick with clear to be safe.

Ok thank you I'll keep that in mind.

#6143 3 years ago

If your trex is not centering make sure this set screw is tight. This is how it knows where center is and if it’s loose it will be inconsistent

A9821FFB-BAFF-43A5-A535-839869ED497D (resized).jpegA9821FFB-BAFF-43A5-A535-839869ED497D (resized).jpeg
#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Our new Airbrush kit for the Premium. Include the Prototyp from our speaker Panel with lighting.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks badass if you ask me!

#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think putting in some 5.25" speaker plates and lighting up the bigger holes would make things look much better on the speaker light side of things.

#6146 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I think putting in some 5.25" speaker plates and lighting up the bigger holes would make things look much better on the speaker light side of things.

Yes, i have only this lighting kit at home.
We make a own, for this Panel.

I hope in the Next weeks is finished.

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from bocce:

If your trex is not centering make sure this set screw is tight. This is how it knows where center is and if it’s loose it will be inconsistent
[quoted image]

85vett
Already checked this? Might be your problem.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from bocce:

[quoted image]

Im losing it. Can you mark the screw in the photo, please?

#6149 3 years ago

I think the set screw is hard to see in the picture, but I believe you can see the red circle I drew in (near the center of the picture)

pic1 (resized).jpgpic1 (resized).jpg
#6150 3 years ago

I really would like to find a Stern Mosquito shooter rod that has the lights. Does anyone have one for sale, or know where I can still get one?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,258 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.