(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 427.
#6051 3 years ago

Do pro owners have and options for modding their pop bumper caps?

#6052 3 years ago

this jpp is so fun having fun modding big shout out to pingraffix loving the power blades straight killing it

#6053 3 years ago

This is my first Stern NIB. My 3D printed flipper aligner shows the lower flippers are both offset.
Despite the tool, the straight edge held up to the lane guide shows it's off.

Are these misaligned from the factory or is this how the geometry on this/Stern games is?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6054 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

There was a post a while back where someone purchased amber bumper caps with nothing printed on them. Bought some crane flies, and clear resin. Made himself some authentic "mosquito in amber" pop bumper caps. Youd have to dig for that post though. It was quite a while ago.

#6055 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

There was a post a while back where someone purchased amber bumper caps with nothing printed on them. Bought some crane flies, and clear resin. Made himself some authentic "mosquito in amber" pop bumper caps. Youd have to dig for that post though. It was quite a while ago.

Post #3594

#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

This is my first Stern NIB. My 3D printed flipper aligner shows the lower flippers are both offset.
Are these misaligned from the factory or is this how the geometry on this/Stern games is?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Flippers are aligned by the holes at the tip in the playfield.

#6057 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Flippers are droopy on purpose; C O and S shots need them droopy to be reasonable makeable.

#6058 3 years ago

Hello everyone,

I played pinball quite a bit in my youth and haven't really played since then. So move the clock forward about 45-50 years and here I am ready to purchase my first pinball machine. I originally was focused on buying JJP's Dialed In but then started looking at POTC but couldn't figure on paying extra just to get my hands on the game. So I kept searching as my desire to buy DI faded a little and I bumped into Jurassic Park. I started checking out videos and reviews and decided that I was going for a JP Premium, (because I couldn't find a NIB LE version anywhere). So, I placed my order today and am on schedule to get it when the August run from Stearn arrives at my dealer. I am excited and can't wait to get back into form and sure play a mean pinball. I hope to catch a heck of a lot of dinosaurs for years to come.

#6059 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

Hello everyone,
I played pinball quite a bit in my youth and haven't really played since then. So move the clock forward about 45-50 years and here I am ready to purchase my first pinball machine. I originally was focused on buying JJP's Dialed In but then started looking at POTC but couldn't figure on paying extra just to get my hands on the game. So I kept searching as my desire to buy DI faded a little and I bumped into Jurassic Park. I started checking out videos and reviews and decided that I was going for a JP Premium, (because I couldn't find a NIB LE version anywhere). So, I placed my order today and am on schedule to get it when the August run from Stearn arrives at my dealer. I am excited and can't wait to get back into form and sure play a mean pinball. I hope to catch a heck of a lot of dinosaurs for years to come.

JP premium is the way to go. It is VERY deserving of an all-time top 10 spot. I absolutely love mine. As a matter of fact, I am watching the Jurassic Park movie as I am typing this!

#6060 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

Hello everyone,

You’ve made an excellent choice; JP Premium is a fantastic table to get back into the hobby with! This table really makes you wake up and play, and keeps you coming back for more My wife and I, too, are new pinball owners, with a NIB JP Premium being the first pin we purchased (the second we received, though, just three weeks ago), and we have loved every minute of it! Welcome to the club

#6061 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Flippers are droopy on purpose; C O and S shots need them droopy to be reasonable makeable.

Do you have any reference for this? I think you are wrong.

Quoted from tdiddy:

you can check ebay for amber insects, they can be cheap from china.

IMG_20200721_174815_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20200721_174815_1 (resized).jpg
#6062 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I love it, it's fun to play, probably my favorite theme, and fits well into my collection. I've struggled trying to accel/improve with this game, so tried just about everything, and I've played a lot (3-4 hours at a time). Started per the instructions at 6.5 degree playfield angle, went to 7 degrees, as that was the general consensus here (made the control room and helicopter shots easier, but increased the SDTM and high speed sling to out-lane drains), and then dropped back to 6.8 (another recommendation here), and it works best for me (I think!) But I just can't figure out how to improve, and I brick so many damn shots. My high score is in the neighborhood of 600M, and I can get a few hundred million and 3-4 paddocks (past the T-rex a couple times) in most games, but my big games all come from keeping multi-balls alive, which is quite the challenge (and fun) with 5-6 out there! I usually try to work quickly on the CHAOS, T-Rex is an easy one, and Raptor usually comes from Smart Missile or later in the game. Play the control room modes as they become available and when I have the ball cradled on the right flipper. But the only consistent "flow" in this game for me are really fast drains, usually in the out lanes, propelled my the slingshots (like watching the slingshots play a separate game when they get going), and it's not a very friendly nudge out-lane post. I just can't improve it seems. All of my other games, the more I play, the better I get, doesn't seem so with this game. Maybe I'm missing something?

Feeling the same with this game. I recognize the constant tuning of this game, I want to like it so much but it kills me each time. I think there is a need for easier code. Just loose the paddock and advance (it can be a choice in the settings). In that way the medium pinball players coudl get to visitor centre.

#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:Flippers are droopy on purpose; C O and S shots need them droopy to be reasonable makeable.

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Do you have any reference for this? I think you are wrong.

Here is Keith's (the designer of the game) answer to this "It's your game to align the flippers as you wish but both JP and Maiden uses "flopped" flippers for the side shots on purpose."

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106

#6064 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Here is Keith's (the designer of the game) answer to this "It's your game to align the flippers as you wish but both JP and Maiden uses "flopped" flippers for the side shots on purpose."
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/96#post-5516106

funny i overlooked that fact! thx

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

Hello everyone,

JP is a top choice of course
but going for DI was very good too...

have fun

#6066 3 years ago

Beware. My JP premium June 4th 2020 build has pooling where ball guides connect to playfield and my shooter lane is chipping already after 200 plays

049205C1-E222-4545-A948-719FD9F2FD22 (resized).jpeg049205C1-E222-4545-A948-719FD9F2FD22 (resized).jpegCA77DA8F-BA7A-4E90-B68B-A42DFA8FF5D8 (resized).jpegCA77DA8F-BA7A-4E90-B68B-A42DFA8FF5D8 (resized).jpeg
#6067 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Beware. My JP premium June 4th 2020 build has pooling where ball guides connect to playfield and my shooter lane is chipping already after 200 plays [quoted image][quoted image]

Most disappointing.

Looks like the factory is still over tightening the ball guides - this was seen with the machines that came out last year, but haven't seen people mention it so much this year ... then again I guess there has been a decent break when no JP's were on the manufacturing line this year. I've seen where people have loosened the ball guide and slid some small cloth washers between the ball guide edge and playfield to stop it from doing any further damage.

In regards to the shooter lane, have you turned the power down on the ball trough kickout? I think I've got mine on the minimal setting and still easily kicks the ball out. There are also shooter lane protectors available.

#6068 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Feeling the same with this game. I recognize the constant tuning of this game, I want to like it so much but it kills me each time. I think there is a need for easier code. Just loose the paddock and advance (it can be a choice in the settings). In that way the medium pinball players coudl get to visitor centre.

Why do you want to get to visitor center so bad? Just play the escape nublar wizard mode If you’re craving that. Don’t you want something to aim for? If you can score 500m you can stumble into visitor center with a great ball, it will happen...

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Most disappointing.
Looks like the factory is still over tightening the ball guides - this was seen with the machines that came out last year, but haven't seen people mention it so much this year ... then again I guess there has been a decent break when no JP's were on the manufacturing line this year. I've seen where people have loosened the ball guide and slid some small cloth washers between the ball guide edge and playfield to stop it from doing any further damage.
In regards to the shooter lane, have you turned the power down on the ball trough kickout? I think I've got mine on the minimal setting and still easily kicks the ball out. There are also shooter lane protectors available.

I am working on protecting shooter lane later today. I will turn power down too. Half of my ball guide connections have pooling. Wtf. They haven’t fixed anything. Thinner clear and same issues.

#6070 3 years ago

I am working on protecting shooter lane later today. I will turn power down too. Half of my ball guide connections have pooling. Wtf. They haven’t fixed anything. Thinner clear and same issues.

shooter lane chipping after 200 games is also a no go, im sure you will get a new unpopulated PF...

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

shooter lane chipping after 200 games is also a no go

my MET shooterlane (and than the drain hole) was chiping after 1 hour and even not 20 games... :/

#6072 3 years ago

After two weeks of owning my JP I just had the best game so far.
828mil. Almost reached visitor center (1 Dino left) even tough i mostly played for Museum Mayhem. I got 2 Extraballs (cheated T-rex with smart missile). Reached Museum Mayhem for the first time too. Man what a fun mode.
I even started two control room modes and completed one.

Hope I will still get better and reach visitor center soon . I really love this game so far. So much to do.

Do you guys play for a 3rd Extraball (rescues + maybe T-rex, is there another easy one?).
And what do you need to do to light the 3rd Control Room mode?

On the topic of the shooter lane. Mine is beginning to chip too after around 300 games. I think i will just install the cliffy and it will be fine. My trough power is at minimum already.

#6073 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Do you guys play for a 3rd Extraball (rescues + maybe T-rex, is there another easy one?).

I always put all my games on 4 replay award levels and awards EB instead of credit. It auto adjusts so it's never easy to get, but when you do have that awesome game it becomes even MORE awesome!!! On my JP the 3rd replay level is around my highest score(1.2B) and the 4th is well beyond it so both are not likely to happen.

My scores are usually in the 300-400M range for ok games, which is below the replay threshold. Owned JPLE since Aug 2019. Only made it to VC twice I think. Never did King of the Island. I *MAY* have started Museum Mayhem once but I don't think so. I have done all the Control Room modes however on more than one occasion.

For the Escape Nublar challenge I make it out about 10-15% of the time. I like this mode as it's "short".

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

shooter lane chipping after 200 games is also a no go, im sure you will get a new unpopulated PF...

Doubt I’ll get a new playfield. My distributor said sorry and took another phone call. Lol.

#6075 3 years ago

Switch to 5 ball play. Get better at the shots and then switch back to 3 ball!

Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I love it, it's fun to play, probably my favorite theme, and fits well into my collection. I've struggled trying to accel/improve with this game, so tried just about everything, and I've played a lot (3-4 hours at a time). Started per the instructions at 6.5 degree playfield angle, went to 7 degrees, as that was the general consensus here (made the control room and helicopter shots easier, but increased the SDTM and high speed sling to out-lane drains), and then dropped back to 6.8 (another recommendation here), and it works best for me (I think!) But I just can't figure out how to improve, and I brick so many damn shots. My high score is in the neighborhood of 600M, and I can get a few hundred million and 3-4 paddocks (past the T-rex a couple times) in most games, but my big games all come from keeping multi-balls alive, which is quite the challenge (and fun) with 5-6 out there! I usually try to work quickly on the CHAOS, T-Rex is an easy one, and Raptor usually comes from Smart Missile or later in the game. Play the control room modes as they become available and when I have the ball cradled on the right flipper. But the only consistent "flow" in this game for me are really fast drains, usually in the out lanes, propelled my the slingshots (like watching the slingshots play a separate game when they get going), and it's not a very friendly nudge out-lane post. I just can't improve it seems. All of my other games, the more I play, the better I get, doesn't seem so with this game. Maybe I'm missing something?

#6076 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

JP premium is the way to go. It is VERY deserving of an all-time top 10 spot. I absolutely love mine. As a matter of fact, I am watching the Jurassic Park movie as I am typing this!

I used to say this but I'm at the point now that I regret buying a premium. I like JP but have come to hate playing my premium because my T-Rex is the most buggy mech ever. Mine never lowers it's head at the same location and thus no matter what "adjustments" I make it only catches the ball about 10% of the time and in some cases even roadblocks my game completely requiring me to drain the ball in play to progress. The roadblock happens when it lowers it's head outside the right side of the ramp for a T-Rex mode and you need to make the left ramp (it's neck blocks the ramp). God forbid you play a mode where multiple shots are needed to the T-Rex head, like Museum Mayhem. I've been there close to a dozen times and only had a chance to complete it once due to these issues. I used to watch Esther L streams and he had the same issue and just turned his head off. Stern fixed his, I guess because of who he is as they are just ghosting me on it and my PF issues on this game. I refuse to turn that feature off as I spent nearly $2K extra for it and a single moving wall but it has a mind of it's own. Sometimes lowers outside the ramp on the left or right side of it. Sometimes being in the middle but not lowering down far enough to touch the ramp for the ball to make it's mouth and sometimes it's perfectly aligned on the ramp.

Not trying to come off negative but until Stern get's their service head out of their A$$ I wouldn't recommend a game with extra features to my worst enemy.

#6077 3 years ago

I’ll be removing a ramp for better pictures, but here’s more pooling on my JP premium June 2020 build.

FB072658-EB03-470A-88A4-3F42BD5DDA81 (resized).jpegFB072658-EB03-470A-88A4-3F42BD5DDA81 (resized).jpeg
#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I used to say this but I'm at the point now that I regret buying a premium. I like JP but have come to hate playing my premium because my T-Rex is the most buggy mech ever. Mine never lowers it's head at the same location and thus no matter what "adjustments" I make it only catches the ball about 10% of the time and in some cases even roadblocks my game completely requiring me to drain the ball in play to progress. The roadblock happens when it lowers it's head outside the right side of the ramp for a T-Rex mode and you need to make the left ramp (it's neck blocks the ramp). God forbid you play a mode where multiple shots are needed to the T-Rex head, like Museum Mayhem. I've been there close to a dozen times and only had a chance to complete it once due to these issues. I used to watch Esther L streams and he had the same issue and just turned his head off. Stern fixed his, I guess because of who he is as they are just ghosting me on it and my PF issues on this game. I refuse to turn that feature off as I spent nearly $2K extra for it and a single moving wall but it has a mind of it's own. Sometimes lowers outside the ramp on the left or right side of it. Sometimes being in the middle but not lowering down far enough to touch the ramp for the ball to make it's mouth and sometimes it's perfectly aligned on the ramp.
Not trying to come off negative but until Stern get's their service head out of their A$$ I wouldn't recommend a game with extra features to my worst enemy.

And I've been playing my LE for almost a year now and I've had no issues with the T-Rex whatsoever. At about 1500 games played (1700 lifetime) now. While I really feel bad for you, getting a lemon doesn't mean they all are. My game was even born on a Friday (usually a bad thing in the manufacturing world).

While some would say I got lucky I would tend to say it's you that was unfortunately very unlucky..

#6079 3 years ago

Beware. My JP premium June 4th 2020 build has pooling where ball guides connect to playfield and my shooter lane is chipping already after 200 plays [quoted image][quoted image]

I just looked at mine which is also a June 4th build date and I see a little pooling under the ball guide as well. I doubt it could be a problem in that spot but it's there. I don't see any chipping in the shooter lane yet. I guess I better put something there while there's still time.

This was my first Stern NIB and I can't say I've been happy with the experience even though I haven't had any serious problems. There's too much to worry about. Stern doesn't instill confidence in their customers at all.

#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And I've been playing my LE for almost a year now and I've had no issues with the T-Rex whatsoever. At about 1500 games played (1700 lifetime) now. While I really feel bad for you, getting a lemon doesn't mean they all are. My game was even born on a Friday (usually a bad thing in the manufacturing world).
While some would say I got lucky I would tend to say it's you that was unfortunately very unlucky..

I agree, that I got unlucky and wouldn't say they are all like this. The problem is Stern's lack of response to fix it. On JP there are only two gameplay differences with a prem/le and the pro. Those are the TREX and the lowering wall. When one of those doesn't work it's hard to swallow the extra $$$ spent on the game. I've spent $20K on new games in the last 18 months and am getting this type of treatment and thus why I no longer recommend the Prem to people that ask me.

#6081 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yeah... I would go to Stern for help because that doesn't sound normal. My Trex has been pretty reliable.

Edit: sorry... Misread the post and see that you have gone to Stern.. M

#6082 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just looked at mine which is also a June 4th build date and I see a little pooling under the ball guide as well. I doubt it could be a problem in that spot but it's there. I don't see any chipping in the shooter lane yet. I guess I better put something there while there's still time.
This was my first Stern NIB and I can't say I've been happy with the experience even though I haven't had any serious problems. There's too much to worry about. Stern doesn't instill confidence in their customers at all.

Mine is also a June build. I just looked and has pooling in all the spaces that multiballmaniac1 and you have. I also don't have shooter lane chipping though but I also put mylar in the shooter lane day one that I got the game.

Quoted from seenev:

Yeah... I would go to Stern for help because that doesn't sound normal. My Trex has been pretty reliable.
Edit: sorry... Misread the post and see that you have gone to Stern.. M

Yeah, been working with Chas and Patrick for 1.5 months now. Basically since I got the game. Got responses the first day or two asking for pictures and I sent that and videos. Since then, ghosted

#6083 3 years ago

My T-Rex likes to put his head down and take a nap on the right side of the ramp every now and then. I tried to contact Stern about it twice, and they were like, "Problem? What problem?" Which is to say they never responded. That's a real dick move on a large purchase like this...or any purchase for that matter.

#6084 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My T-Rex likes to put his head down and take a nap on the right side of the ramp every now and then. I tried to contact Stern about it twice, and they were like, "Problem? What problem?" Which is to say they never responded. That's a real dick move on a large purchase like this...or any purchase for that matter.

And you know they read the messages because they respond quickly for anything minor or potential sales.

#6085 3 years ago

Doubt I’ll get a new playfield. My distributor said sorry and took another phone call. Lol.

What?! Who’s your distributor, so I never use them?

#6086 3 years ago

Anyone have issues with the ball rattling up the left ramp, and coming back down?

I also have a bunch of dents (dimples) in the ramp flap. I'm not sure if this is from the many T-Rex rejects I get, or from shots possibly rattling off the clear plastic air ball protector.

Anyone?

#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Did yours come like that? I've had to replace my coil stops, and when I put everything back together, I lined the middle of the tip of the bats to the hole.

Yours looks like if you drew a line down the top of the bat, it would connect to that alignment hole?

For example, yours looks it's where the red line is, but I have mine adjusted to the green.

Can anyone else confirm if theirs is like this? Should it be like the red or green when it comes from the factory?

JP_flippers (resized).jpegJP_flippers (resized).jpeg
#6088 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Did yours come like that? I've had to replace my coil stops, and when I put everything back together, I lined the middle of the tip of the bats to the hole.
Yours looks like if you drew a line down the top of the bat, it would connect to that alignment hole?
For example, yours looks it's where the red line is, but I have mine adjusted to the green.
Can anyone else confirm if theirs is like this? Should it be like the red or green when it comes from the factory?
[quoted image]

The lower flippers align to the center of the bat to the center of the alignment mark. The upper flipper aligns to where the center of the bat is to the right of the alignment mark. In the picture above, it should be on the red line.

#6089 3 years ago

He’s a tool!

This word “Pooling” is incorrect. This is more like “lifting” this bulbous looking clear is actually your clear lifting from the wood of the playfield. It will break loose and crack away in good time I promise you. I’m very familiar with This defect. I am a professional finisher.

#6090 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone have issues with the ball rattling up the left ramp, and coming back down?
I also have a bunch of dents (dimples) in the ramp flap. I'm not sure if this is from the many T-Rex rejects I get, or from shots possibly rattling off the clear plastic air ball protector.
Anyone?

Yup. Happens about 1 in 20 ramp shots. The ball goes up out of sight, then rattle and return....mostly SDTM. I haven't taken the glass of and inspected yet as I atribute it to a combination of some wierd spin, and/or just a normal rejection rate due to the physics of the ramp.

I'm more concerned with the reject rate for the tower shot.

#6091 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Yup. Happens about 1 in 20 ramp shots. The ball goes up out of sight, then rattle and return....mostly SDTM. I haven't taken the glass of and inspected yet as I atribute it to a combination of some wierd spin, and/or just a normal rejection rate due to the physics of the ramp.
I'm more concerned with the reject rate for the tower shot.

Did you remove the two black plastic spacers?

Also, can someone who has not adjusted their flippers from factory setting, share a photo from above, and one from a side angle, to get a better idea as to where they're set.

In my photo above, from birds eye, it looks like it's droopy, but from the side, it looks dead on with the center of the tip of the bat.

Thanks!

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This seemed to be a common issue - to resolve
1. Often you need to raise the left fork at the entrance of the reverse ramp by placing 1 or 2 small washers under fork. The reason is that the ball gets sideways movement and loses momentum hitting the side walls of the ramp such that it doesn't make it up onto the wireform. This post from caviel shows the washers https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/81#post-5484171
2. The second thing to check is the plunger alignment. If you can successfully manually plunge the ball but it fails with the auto-plunger than it is most likely that the 2 strike arms of the auto-plunger aren't both touching the ball causing the ball to have sideways movement and not enough momentum to get up the ramp. prodoshi did a great post a few days ago showing this issue and how to adjust the auto-plunger https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/120#post-5758762
3. If you are having an issue with the manual plunger make sure you have an orange spring on the plunger and not a green one (which was shipped with the early machines) and similar to point 2 you can see issues manually plunging if your plunger isn't hitting the centre of the ball.

Installed a washer.. so far so good

#6093 3 years ago

Find a new distributor! Hope my game doesnt have any issues delivery was today. (Supposed to be anyways)

#6094 3 years ago

Hey everyone! A new JP- Premium owner and Im wondering if any of y'all have the colored plastic protectors from playfieldprotectors.com? I was going to order yellow slings and ball guides along with green upper dino sling plastic protectors but they don't offer any physical photos of the product or the different colors when installed on JP. Hoping some of my fellow JP owner's may have some different colors or plastic protectors that were made elsewhere that look good along with the machine... I'm thinking of just buying clear to keep it clean but the florescent colors could look good as well if done right. Thanks all!

#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Hey everyone! A new JP- Premium owner and Im wondering if any of y'all have the colored plastic protectors from playfieldprotectors.com? I was going to order yellow slings and ball guides along with green upper dino sling plastic protectors but they don't offer any physical photos of the product or the different colors when installed on JP. Hoping some of my fellow JP owner's may have some different colors or plastic protectors that were made elsewhere that look good along with the machine... I'm thinking of just buying clear to keep it clean but the florescent colors could look good as well if done right. Thanks all!

Some people are complaining about the colored ones staining the plastics. I don’t have any first hand experience with them, but I’d probably stick with clear to be safe.

#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just took the glass off and looked at mine under better light and there is chipping in the shooter lane! I couldn't see it before but the clear has chipped away where the ball comes out. What a piece of junk.

What is the expected timeline for wear in the shooter lane? I got my game about a month ago nib, June 4th build. This seems to soon for this. I don't play it that much.

20200729_172428 (resized).jpg20200729_172428 (resized).jpg
#6097 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just took the glass off and looked at mine under better light and there is chipping in the shooter lane! I couldn't see it before but the clear has chipped away where the ball comes out. What a piece of junk.
What is the expected timeline for wear in the shooter lane? I got my game about a month ago nib, June 4th build. This seems to soon for this. I don't play it that much.[quoted image]

Put a Cliffy on it!

The sooner the better. Very common issue on most new games.

#6098 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What is the expected timeline for wear in the shooter lane? I got my game about a month ago nib, June 4th build. This seems to soon for this. I don't play it that much.[quoted image]

Yea it’s total garbage. Throw it out, I mean it’s certainly unplayable now. If you want I can take it to the dump for you... for a small fee.

in all seriousness though, I noticed the same thing on my game. Ordered a shooter lane protector and won’t let it bother me.

#6099 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Put a Cliffy on it!
The sooner the better. Very common issue on most new games.

I ordered a protector today. Not playing it until it's on there. I actually had a little metal protector on the eject side and it wasn't doing anything.

The last Stern I had was Ghostbusters. I put a lot of games on it before selling it and it didn't have this problem. I guess this is my one and only nib from Stern unless they address and fix the issue.

#6100 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Have you turned the power to the trough kickout down? I've got mine on the lowest setting and it has no issues kicking the ball into the shooter lane. I'd still suggest a cliffy or mylar or a clear plastic shooter lane protector, but the lower power will help as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 14.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,999.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
12,000 (OBO)
There are 21,315 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/122?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.