(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,269 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 426.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

true and maybe they thought they did. Maybe just a matter of cure time or cure conditions. Hot humid weather which we have had alot of don't help curing so maybe it was more the conditions than the time. Even in the pros it will continue to cure so the problem shouldn't get worse it should get better.

Depends on the date the playfield was sprayed.
In your theory the playfields would all have to be finished at one date and as the machines are assembled over time “all” the prepared playfields would have time to dry longer as time goes on. But is that the arrangement of things? I can’t answer that

#502 4 years ago

I haven't seen one in person (my last NIB game was GBLE), but from all the pictures of both this game and others- it really doesn't look like a clearcoat issue to me. What looks like "pooling" seems to be more of a wrinkling (like you see with cabinet decals near the legs). The ink to wood adhesion is poor, so the entire coating system (basecoat + ink + clearcoat) is lifting and curling. At some point, that cracks and falls off.

I'm skeptical that more curing time will make a difference, and I imagine the failure rate will only rise over time as the coating continues to age and dry. While the move to low-VOC coatings probably hasn't helped the clearcoat resiliency, it looks like this issue may be due to the move from screening to the newer inkjet process. Whatever they're laying down as a basecoat under the ink doesn't seem to stick to wood. I'm not sure what prep they're doing pre-basecoat to seal the wood- but I'd definitely be curious to see if that's chipping off as well, or if it's a failure at the sealer to basecoat transition.

I still have a deposit in on JPLE, but I'm going to need more assurances from the distro and/or Stern that the issue has been root caused and properly addressed before going through with the purchase.

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from ctl723:

I haven't seen one in person (my last NIB game was GBLE), but from all the pictures of both this game and others- it really doesn't look like a clearcoat issue to me. What looks like "pooling" seems to be more of a wrinkling (like you see with cabinet decals near the legs). The ink to wood adhesion is poor, so the entire coating system (basecoat + ink + clearcoat) is lifting and curling. At some point, that cracks and falls off.
I'm skeptical that more curing time will make a difference, and I imagine the failure rate will only rise over time as the coating continues to age and dry. While the move to low-VOC coatings probably hasn't helped the clearcoat resiliency, it looks like this issue may be due to the move from screening to the newer inkjet process. Whatever they're laying down as a basecoat under the ink doesn't seem to stick to wood. I'm not sure what prep they're doing pre-basecoat to seal the wood- but I'd definitely be curious to see if that's chipping off as well, or if it's a failure at the sealer to basecoat transition.
I still have a deposit in on JPLE, but I'm going to need more assurances from the distro and/or Stern that the issue has been root caused and properly addressed before going through with the purchase.

The ink process has been in effect for some time now and if this was the case we would see it on black knight and dead pool etc. Its a cure issue.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

The ink process has been in effect for some time now and if this was the case we would see it on black knight and dead pool etc. Its a cure issue.

I apply finish for a living. It definitely looks to be a curing issue.

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The rate of this issue popping up on sterns is lower than JJP for sure. At least stern is willing to give you a free PF (populated too I think) where JJP wants you to buy a PF at $550 plus shipping, and the new PF probably has the same problem.

Actually Harry said his replacement PF passed the fingernail test, which is promising.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For people freaking out about chipgate/cleargate, my JP born August 15th shipped with these washers. I see no problems.[quoted image]

Can you check the smaller posts without the washers? It seems all of my smaller ones have it. I’m not too concerned unless it spreads or pulls up the paint and chips.

#507 4 years ago

On location. 2nd day.

25259 (resized).jpeg25259 (resized).jpeg25266 (resized).jpeg25266 (resized).jpeg
#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

On location. 2nd day.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a Pro at home since last week and had both these issues happen to me, over and over. I think I can probably stick something UNDER the van that might prevent the ball from getting stuck there (it got stuck there 4 times already) but not sure what to do about the post that keeps loosening, no matter how tight we make it....grrrrr.

#509 4 years ago

I was seriously considering ordering a Premium. Think I will hold off for a while an see what happens with this clear coat situation...

#510 4 years ago

Had a chance to put a grand total of 2 games on a pro at the Minnesota State Fair. All I can say is that when you hit your combos man does it feel good. So smooth. Also, 6 ball multiball is a thing of heart pounding beauty.

So much to shoot for. And if you are like me, so much to brick at. Definitely a game above my skill level, but that really didn’t take away from the fun at all.

Call outs...eh. From what I could hear, some were already getting annoying after 1 ball.

Looking forward to picking one up some day.

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I have a Pro at home since last week and had both these issues happen to me, over and over. I think I can probably stick something UNDER the van that might prevent the ball from getting stuck there (it got stuck there 4 times already) but not sure what to do about the post that keeps loosening, no matter how tight we make it....grrrrr.

Blue loctite, I'm putting a drop of it on my post as soon as the game arrives.

#512 4 years ago

Having stucky's in the raptor area. And then this happened. 29 plays.

IMG_20190824_191706[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20190824_191706[1] (resized).jpg
#513 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For people freaking out about chipgate/cleargate, my JP born August 15th shipped with these washers. I see no problems.[quoted image]

Maybe its an optical illusion but it sure looks like you have pooling to me around that washer. Good luck!

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Actually Harry said his replacement PF passed the fingernail test, which is promising.

While others have not. It’s a crap shoot just like the original machine. Even so $550 plus shipping for an unpopulated playfield to fix a problem that should be JJPs to fix is not ok. Not to mention how time consuming a full PF swap will be on Wonka or POTC.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe its an optical illusion but it sure looks like you have pooling to me around that washer. Good luck!

He definitely does have some pooling. Let’s see how that looks in a month.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Funny seems like a few others beat me to it. I believe there IS pooling around your washers.

I just checked my data east JP....I think I'm good!

I might have to hold off on buying the damn premium. We now have guys boasting about no pooling that actually have it. The pinball world is officially coming to an end

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All I see is a washer and the edge of a washer in his photo. I don't see any bunching, wrinkling or pooling or whatever going on in that photo.

You might be looking at the edge of the washer or the reflection of the edge... optical illusion - at least on his photo....
post #489 photo

#518 4 years ago

The little things like the post and the gate are acceptable to me. Revisions will be made. That playfield though...

#519 4 years ago

Just play pinball.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

All I see is a washer and the edge of a washer in his photo. I don't see any bunching, wrinkling or pooling or whatever going on in that photo.
You might be looking at the edge of the washer or the reflection of the edge... optical illusion - at least on his photo....
post #489 photo

Its hard to say but regardless of what it is, i wouldn't be getting too cocky if I were him because this issue is real and it might come back to bite him in the ass and make him look pretty foolish.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

post #489 photo

Me either. The washer is flat on the clear. People almost WANT problems. Sheesh.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its hard to say but regardless of what it is, i wouldn't be getting too cocky if I were him because this issue is real and it might come back to bite him in the ass and make him look pretty foolish.

If it happens, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If it happens, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You must have a lot of money if you dont care if it happens. I work really hard for my money and i just cant look at it that way. I take a lot of pride in my collection and if my playfields start chipping it's going to really bum me out.

#524 4 years ago

Played 10 games or so of JP at My Parents Basement in Atlanta. Washers were installed and I didnt see any pooling of the clear or paint.

I dont see any pooling in zaphX's game either. Seems like the washer is flush with the pf with no edges of clear around it.p

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from PapaKilo:

Played 10 games or so of JP at My Parents Basement in Atlanta.

Your parents have cutting edge pinball?

#526 4 years ago

These are impractical for the playfield, but damned if they aren’t fun to browse. A few would make good toppers.

https://www.designtoscano.com/search.do?query=Dinosaur&cx=0&sortby=bestMatchesDescend&pp=30&page=1

#527 4 years ago

For the folks who are SO sure I have pooling clear coat, I made a 4K video. You guys are nuts!

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J8GySPJrHq90;D1365E6D-918A-4EB7-BA90-FB9D771B3486

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You must have a lot of money if you dont care if it happens. I work really hard for my money and i just cant look at it that way. I take a lot of pride in my collection and if my playfields start chipping it's going to really bum me out.

I hear you, and I can understand that point of view. Normally I am exactly the same way about things - for example I clear bra my cars to hopefully avoid rock chips.

I do try to keep my things as nice as possible. I clean my pins frequently, etc.

#529 4 years ago

Finally got a chance to play one on location today. Tons of fun. A little confusing what to shoot when you have a bunch of stuff stacked, but I’m sure they’ll work on it.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For the folks who are SO sure I have pooling clear coat, I made a 4K video. You guys are nuts!
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11J8GySPJrHq90;D1365E6D-918A-4EB7-BA90-FB9D771B3486

I am glad that you don't have a problem and i hope that you never do, i don't wish clearcoat chipping off of anyones game at all. These problems upset me for one reason though and its because i am so passionate about pinball and i love Stern games. I don't want them to have problems like this because if they dont get this figured out it may bury them as a company and then we ALL lose.

This problem is real and i dont think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill either. I really want a Jurassic Park game but i wouldn't even consider buying one until i feel comfortable that this is figured out.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am glad that you don't have a problem and i hope that you never do, i don't wish clearcoat chipping off of anyones game at all. These problems upset me for one reason though and its because i am so passionate about pinball and i love Stern games. I don't want them to have problems like this because if they dont get this figured out it may bury them as a company and then we ALL lose.
This problem is real and i dont think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill either. I really want a Jurassic Park game but i wouldn't even consider buying one until i feel comfortable that this is figured out.

I hear you and agree. I’m just saying at least some of them seem to be coming out of the factory fine, is all.

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I hear you and agree. I’m just saying at least some of them seem to be coming out of the factory fine, is all.

Some are and some aren't. I just personally can't afford to chance it and i don't want the headache and frustration of fighting for a new playfield and maybe being told no and all that either. I really hope they figure this out because it sucks bad.

#533 4 years ago

Screw it!
Lol
I bought one and trust Stern to stand behind there products.

Mine should be here in a few days.
Dang bunch of whiners up in here.

I mean really this I like half rice of Wonka Le I bought and that went down after 2 days of playing.
Don't care as JJP has my back.
As will Stern

#534 4 years ago

Why don’t you guys get off this thread and start your own Bitch thread. I bought an awesome game and you guys are bumming me out. Nit picking bullshit. My rubber broke, I’ve got pooling, balls stuck and say everything is cheap. Then don’t buy it and leave the thread. Don’t just make threats, leave.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Even so $550 plus shipping for an unpopulated playfield to fix a problem that should be JJPs to fix is not ok. Not to mention how time consuming a full PF swap will be on Wonka or POTC.

Not a JJP thread. Don’t insult Stern

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Why don’t you guys get off this thread and start your own Bitch thread. I bought an awesome game and you guys are bumming me out. Nit picking bullshit. My rubber broke, I’ve got pooling, balls stuck and say everything is cheap. Then don’t buy it and leave the thread. Don’t just make threats, leave.

Thank you well said.
If they can't afford the hobby perhaps they can collect.
POGS

#537 4 years ago

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

This is an owners club. If your just thinking about it, go some place else.

#538 4 years ago

So, to reign in the discussion to the gameplay...

I’m really enjoying it but still figuring things out. One wish I have is for instant skip of all interstitials. I can only listen to “why would Nedry DO this” so many times

#539 4 years ago

Just wanted to post some pics and video of our new Jurassic Park topper. It features 3-D custom torches, JP title and molded T-Rex. Really focused on the shape and texture as well as gelling with all three machine models.A dynamic extension whether fully lit or static. One run only so please PM us with questions or to to reserve.

68CDF165-EE4F-4D98-8FC5-B592DF4406A9 (resized).jpeg68CDF165-EE4F-4D98-8FC5-B592DF4406A9 (resized).jpeg6EFFF7F0-3DC8-4B7B-A5A5-08C40235744F (resized).jpeg6EFFF7F0-3DC8-4B7B-A5A5-08C40235744F (resized).jpeg7B367A20-F39E-439A-A131-655C84400AC1 (resized).jpeg7B367A20-F39E-439A-A131-655C84400AC1 (resized).jpeg59D40A9C-3BF8-4562-AB59-0A5658F74681 (resized).jpeg59D40A9C-3BF8-4562-AB59-0A5658F74681 (resized).jpeg5D79AB80-5C62-4F97-8ED2-5AE0E59F2A10 (resized).jpeg5D79AB80-5C62-4F97-8ED2-5AE0E59F2A10 (resized).jpeg78862D99-1434-46E2-9955-DA021EE7A9DA (resized).jpeg78862D99-1434-46E2-9955-DA021EE7A9DA (resized).jpeg650BF39B-E58E-4372-B31D-D449DFAA55BC (resized).jpeg650BF39B-E58E-4372-B31D-D449DFAA55BC (resized).jpeg820C1B65-07E6-4E11-A8F1-6370DE265E6D (resized).jpeg820C1B65-07E6-4E11-A8F1-6370DE265E6D (resized).jpeg
#540 4 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post some pics and video of our new Jurassic Park topper. It features 3-D custom torches, JP title and molded T-Rex. Really focused on the shape and texture as well as gelling with all three machine models.A dynamic extension whether fully lit or static. One run only so please PM us with questions or to to reserve.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks amazing!!

#542 4 years ago

On my location game, the post for the upper right flipper keeps coming out so I put blue loctite on it and it still managed to come loose.. guess I’ll try red next.

Last few days we’ve noticed the flippers have been really weak. During a tourney today the ball could barely rotate the car and struggled to make ramp shots. Any other ops have this issue?

#543 4 years ago

How's that topper possible without a license deal with the studio?

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's not a Stern product.
He just makes toppers.
Very nice ones I might add.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

It's not a Stern product.
He just makes toppers.
Very nice ones I might add.

I understand It looks great, but how can you create and sell a Jurassic Park product without acquiring the license from the studio first. Isn't that what got the predator pin in trouble?

#546 4 years ago

The three photos of the different models is just a photoshop mockup to show what it would look like on the different machines.

#547 4 years ago

I understand it looks great, but how can you create and sell a Jurassic Park product without acquiring the license from the studio first. Isn't that what got the predator pin in trouble?

Happens every day.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So, to reign in the discussion to the gameplay...
I’m really enjoying it but still figuring things out. One wish I have is for instant skip of all interstitials. I can only listen to “why would Nedry DO this” so many times

That's a really good point. In my time with it, I was trying to skip that too. It's not the strong suit of the game so why make someone hear it each time.

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't think he is being cocky. He was just showing his game has washers installed by the factory and it appears his playfield is ok - at least so far. My game also has washers and I don't see any issues on mine around the posts. But yes, I will keep an eye on it.

Sure, there are some playfields that have some kind of issue of the surface being raised around some playfield posts. Hope Stern can figure out why this is occurring and they and their suppliers can eliminate that issue from happening.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's a really good point. In my time with it, I was trying to skip that too. It's not the strong suit of the game so why make someone hear it each time.

Yes - I too have noticed that repetitive line. Maybe they could code in a few different dialog lines and have them play at random for that spot or do something else. When the guy says "Why would Nedry do this ? " maybe it could be fun when playing a multiplayer game to have each player reply with his own clever response. Or take a swig from your beer each time you hear this. After awhile you might not hear it so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/11?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.