(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 427.
#5851 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Left flipper not needed.
I just tried three times, got "you are out of your mind" and "what do you think you're doing?" and "what's gotten into you?"

I tried it once and it was a screaming sound.

#5852 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Was playing some games tonight and literally after the 3rd game all of the high scores (except the GC) reset your factory! I’m still on 1.0 code but guess I’ll be updating to 1.02 tonight. Is there a setting that can be changed so that table high scores do not reset, or is this some sort of bug? This is my first pin so am not used to all the high scores resetting. Thanks

Thats normal. Happens after so many games (2000) By design.

#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Thats normal. Happens after so many games (1000?) By design.

Thanks. Sure surprised the hell out of me.

#5854 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Was playing some games tonight and literally after the 3rd game all of the high scores (except the GC) reset your factory! I’m still on 1.0 code but guess I’ll be updating to 1.02 tonight. Is there a setting that can be changed so that table high scores do not reset, or is this some sort of bug? This is my first pin so am not used to all the high scores resetting. Thanks

Yes there is a High Score Reset counter. You can set that to 0 to turn it off.

#5855 3 years ago

Man, I can’t imagine the raptor pit being a bash toy. I love the way the ball is fed into the control room and to the left flipper. It’s like a mini “ramp” shot that lets you keep flowing combos

#5856 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I literally just got mine in today. My hope is to find some way to use this helicopter instead of the plastics for my prem. I can't stand the way it looks and figured for the cost it was worth a shot. Thinking of using my drill press to drill a whole through the helicopter, sliding it over the shaft that the blades spin on and then maybe even replacing the factory blades with some clear ones that I can put the matchbox blades on. Will see what happens...

Got it installed and functional on my Prem. Man that was at major PITA! Looks much better than the plastic though.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#5857 3 years ago

did they fix the "shoot the left ramp" callout during the end of ball bonus tally? like wtf is that?

#5858 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

did they fix the "shoot the left ramp" callout during the end of ball bonus tally? like wtf is that?

I’ve never heard that but I started on 1.01 code.

#5859 3 years ago

Is the any kind of protector for the circle around the up posts?

#5860 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code:
- Combos - Added combo indicator (red flasher above 2x target) that pulses while combo is active

Quoted from EaglePin:

Watched online streams last night of Iron Maiden and I learned that machine has a light that flashes by the upper right flipper to indicate that combos are active. Anyone know if Keith put something like that on Jurassic Park also? I haven't noticed one but I might have missed it. Seems like it would be nice to have something like that on a flasher or some other insert if isn't already there.

I really like having the combo indicator light in the new code. Now I just need to memorize more of them and get better at shooting them Thank you @sk8ball! Another fun code update with this, the reset callouts, and the DNA extra ball (and of course the T-Rex smart missile fix). Still loving this game!

#5861 3 years ago

ugh, I hate to be that noob, but...

I downloaded the new Pro code and extracted. Used Etcher but it can't find the RAW file. when looking at what extracted, there is no RAW file in the Pro code ZIP file. I've updated code before so I kinda know what I'm doing. But could use some help?

#5862 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Maybe that’s why I’ll try without the left flipper hold
Edit: the callout doesn’t work when left flipper is used. I always used the left flipper so it doesn’t just add a player.

It won't add a player if you let it eject the second ball first.

#5863 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I downloaded the new Pro code and extracted. Used Etcher but it can't find the RAW file. when looking at what extracted, there is no RAW file in the Pro code ZIP file. I've updated code before so I kinda know what I'm doing. But could use some help?

meh, I figured it out by grabbing the entire image. But I think that will reset all my high scores. Not sure how to update without doing so. Whatever, will make me feel cool when I get 15 new records with my first game.

#5864 3 years ago

From what i've read, this looks like a solid update, since the game feels quite finished to me.

I really like what they did with the DNA combos, also that light indicator is important!
But to be honest, who gets 8 DNA combos in one game???
anyone can tell what the change on the escape target is?
but can you also fix my t-rex not eating the ball half of the time?

#5865 3 years ago

Solid update but adding a co-op mode would be a massive game changer.

#5866 3 years ago

I am really hoping for co-op mode soon. It would make playing with friends and pinsplaining (for nonpin people) the rules so much more fun.

#5867 3 years ago

Played a game this morning and realized my spinner triggers when I hit my left flipper. Any advice on what to look for to correct it?

#5868 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Played a game this morning and realized my spinner triggers when I hit my left flipper. Any advice on what to look for to correct it?

The vibration is likely causing the spinner switch to activate. It's likely gapped too tight. You should be able to manually bend the switch arm slightly to correct it.

#5869 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Should be two .spk files. Copy them to a USB and go from there.

#5870 3 years ago

Nothing added to the screen to keep count of what T-Rex event you're on?

DNA combo extra ball is noooooooice though!

#5871 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

anyone can tell what the change on the escape target is?

Not sure this is what you're asking, but I'll take a shot.

In escape nublar mode, after you complete the rescues, shots will light up red and the callout tells you to find an exit. This part of the code used to be random, where hitting a red shot either progressed the mode, or left you needing to hit a different shot to escape. The new code has a competition mode that removes the randomness from this. Instead, you have to hit x amount of shots (depending on what paddock you're in) to progress the mode.

Hope this helps.

#5872 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Not sure this is what you're asking, but I'll take a shot.
In escape nublar mode, after you complete the rescues, shots will light up red and the callout tells you to find an exit. This part of the code used to be random, where hitting a red shot either progressed the mode, or left you needing to hit a different shot to escape. The new code has a competition mode that removes the randomness from this. Instead, you have to hit x amount of shots (depending on what paddock you're in) to progress the mode.
Hope this helps.

thanks, but what i meant was regarding the "escape" target, under the control room,
but i guess i missunderstood that point:

- Escape - improve ball save handling on left outlane during certain modes

#5873 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks, but what i meant was regarding the "escape" target, under the control room,
but i guess i missunderstood that point:
- Escape - improve ball save handling on left outlane during certain modes

Ray explained it on the Deadflip stream last night. In some of the wizard modes the left outlane ended in a lost ball and wasn't supposed to so more of a bug fix.

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

I am really hoping for co-op mode soon. It would make playing with friends and pinsplaining (for nonpin people) the rules so much more fun.

I also hope it, and net conexion like TNMNT... Stern... are you there?!?!

#5875 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

They have a top ten game that could become #1. They'd be dumb to not keep adding stuff.

#5876 3 years ago

Digging the code update but still waiting on a fix for smart missile interrupting the skill shot - frustrates me to no end.

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Digging the code update but still waiting on a fix for smart missile interrupting the skill shot - frustrates me to no end.

^^^This^^^

#5878 3 years ago

And this one has been bugging me too....

On both the TRex and Spinsaurous paddocks after 2 rescues the callout is “shoot the set trap targets” when 3 rescues are required to light the targets. It’s the little things.

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

On both the TRex and Spinsaurous paddocks after 2 rescues the callout is “shoot the set trap targets” when 3 rescues are required to light the targets. It’s the little things.

hmm i'll try to see if that happens for me as I feel like last time in Trex it was correct? Have you reported this? Seems like that would have been easy to fix in this code release if they knew about it.

On that note I wish Stern had true release notes with "known issues" to see if we should report things like this or if they are already working on it.

#5880 3 years ago

What game room is complete without some life sized animatronic dinos?!

https://www.ableauctions.ca/auction?aAuctionId=171d0697-356b-41c8-858b-fcc12a7d9ee4

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

hmm i'll try to see if that happens for me as I feel like last time in Trex it was correct? Have you reported this? Seems like that would have been easy to fix in this code release if they knew about it.
On that note I wish Stern had true release notes with "known issues" to see if we should report things like this or if they are already working on it.

Absolutely sure. And I have not reported it.

It used to confuse me because I’d hear the callout and fire off a quick shot only to realize they weren’t lit.

#5882 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Just tested this manually and after 2 rescues the set trap target do light and after hitting them, the helipad lights.

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Just tested this manually and after 2 rescues the set trap target do light and after hitting them, the helipad lights.

I guess I need to check my machine.

#5884 3 years ago

I have a JP LE and I have a hell of a time making the ramp shot from the upper right flipper. Seems like it gets half way and comes back down. It’s possible I just suck but is there some adjustment that could help. Thanks for the advice.

#5885 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I have a JP LE and I have a hell of a time making the ramp shot from the upper right flipper. Seems like it gets half way and comes back down. It’s possible I just suck but is there some adjustment that could help. Thanks for the advice.

Do you mean the upper right flipper to to tower shot? If yes, mine flowed much better after tweaking the ramp flap screw on the left side. The ball was actually hitting the screw and jumping a bit before going up the tower. You can shave the screw head down a bit so it stops happening, makes the shot a million times better IMO.

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Do you mean the upper right flipper to to tower shot? If yes, mine flowed much better after tweaking the ramp flap screw on the left side. The ball was actually hitting the screw and jumping a bit before going up the tower. You can shave the screw head down a bit so it stops happening, makes the shot a million times better IMO.

Can you post a picture of what you did to the screw plz

#5887 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

What game room is complete without some life sized animatronic dinos?!
https://www.ableauctions.ca/auction?aAuctionId=171d0697-356b-41c8-858b-fcc12a7d9ee4

Whoa!! Man, I just want to see what those end up selling for!!

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Can you post a picture of what you did to the screw plz

Unfortunately I havent modified my screw yet, but I currently have the screw removed entirely (not ideal) and it has made a world of difference.

With the glass off, manually roll the ball up the entrance with your hand, and you will notice the screw head hitting the ball.

I am planning to dig out my dremel and get the screw head shaved down properly, just havent gotten around to it. I do not recommend playing many games with the screw removed, you could possibly damage the flap if it is not secured properly.

#5889 3 years ago

I'm surprised that no one sells this, so I'm making my own.

20200716_204327 (resized).jpg20200716_204327 (resized).jpg
#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

A few different types are sold.

#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Where?

#5892 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

+1

its really confusing on the t-rex paddock it sais "shoot the set trap targets" but you still have to get a rescue first! (JP Premium)

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

that's a cup holder, not a playfield mod

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

[quoted image]

Love it!

#5895 3 years ago

I just got a used premium with under 200 plays. Is it normal to see streaks on the playfield? I’m assuming it’s from the ball. Only notice it if a light shines on it. I’m new to pinball so not sure if it’s normal or if I should do anything about it. Thanks

336B512A-9C05-47A7-B178-1BC83552C88D (resized).jpeg336B512A-9C05-47A7-B178-1BC83552C88D (resized).jpeg4EDD39C7-9EEC-4CDE-B19A-9765C885B3A9 (resized).jpeg4EDD39C7-9EEC-4CDE-B19A-9765C885B3A9 (resized).jpeg
#5896 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I just got a used premium with under 200 plays. Is it normal to see streaks on the playfield? I’m assuming it’s from the ball. Only notice it if a light shines on it. I’m new to pinball so not sure if it’s normal or if I should do anything about it. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has some streaks if I look closely but it's hard to tell how bad it is from a picture. I wound try some Novus 2 on it and then wax it and see how it looks.

#5897 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

That looks to me like a ball was damaged and scratched up the playfield. Though it’s hard to really tell how bad the issue is from a photo... sometimes the way light shines can highly exaggerate a photograph. Light scratching on a play field is normal after a while, but 200 plays is nothing.

#5898 3 years ago

careful with the novus2...i've found a mini buffing wheel on a dremmel at hi speed with a very small dab of novus 2 works wonders on areas such as this then a light waxing...by hand, you may likely buff and abrade the scratches but create a dull spot where the scratches existed compared to the rest of the playfield, less is more

#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

That looks like someone buffed it too hard with something too aggressive...possibly with a wheel with how circular the marks look. You might be able to polish it back out with some elbow grease, but be careful not to make it worse. With a newer machine like that, there's no reason to use anything stronger than Novus 1.

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That looks like someone buffed it too hard with something too aggressive...possibly with a wheel with how circular the marks look. You might be able to polish it back out with some elbow grease, but be careful not to make it worse. With a newer machine like that, there's no reason to use anything stronger than Novus 1.

It's from the balls, mine looks like that too in just the right light/angle.
A tiny nick in a ball over a few hundred plays will do that to this super thin clearcoat.
This game chews up balls, I'll be replacing them every couple hundred plays from now on.
I've already put three or four new sets in.
Not sure if it is from the contact with that tower screw or the top of the raptor gate, maybe the end of the "c" guide if that target gets pushed left enough?
It really bothered me when I first noticed but you can't see it from playing position, might try to buff it at some point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/118?hl=gblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.