(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 426.
#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I don't think anyone would like the price point if the whole thing was SLS printed.

It would be ideal if mod makers bought one high resolution print, did any additional finishing necessary, and then made a mold and cast resin copies for sale. You can make a mold pretty cheaply and easily. Some of the more popular mods for popular games would certainly be worthwhile

#5802 3 years ago

Well, it seems either I'm doing something completely wrong or PB Browser isn't working correctly on my pin...My sound files are messed and some vids aren't even playing...reverted back to stock 1.01 for now

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit, as instructed by @oga83, I imported the files for the videos with no conversion and it is now working !!!

#5803 3 years ago

Thought I'd ask here incase anyone has encountered this issue. I just emailed Stern support looking for advice, but pinside is also usually very helpful.

Has anyone had an issue with the right ramp (A) and right orbit (O) shots not registering? Not just the letters, but any shot on those shots. They are not registering in switch test. Everything looks to be hooked up properly and the switches seem to be working right mechanically (I can hear the click). Seems strange for 2 switches to both stop working at the same exact time. I traced the wires, and they both share the same spot on node board 9, CN12 (The orange clip). Anyone know what the issue is? Or what I should start checking next?

#5804 3 years ago

Is the truck ball always in the closed/right position when you start your missile shot?

#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is the truck ball always in the closed/right position when you start your missile shot?

#5806 3 years ago

I swear I've had it start with the ball rotated on the left, but my memory is poop.

Anyone know if it's supposed to always start with the ball on the right, so the shot is tougher to make?

#5807 3 years ago

I swear I've had it start with the ball rotated on the left, but my memory is poop.
Anyone know if it's supposed to always start with the ball on the right, so the shot is tougher to make?

Yes it is.

#5808 3 years ago

Smart Missile is only available if the newton ball is on the right, while Super Spinner is only available if the newton ball is on the left - this is to specifically make the shot harder to hit.

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Smart Missile is only available if the newton ball is on the right, while Super Spinner is only available if the newton ball is on the left - this is to specifically make the shot harder to hit.

interesting. Didn’t realize that

#5810 3 years ago

My personal best was just achieved after 3 months of ownership and terrible scores in general. My best was about 500mil until today. I am pretty please at this moment.

E1811478-55AE-4B9F-B5C4-76DDCDCBFFB5 (resized).jpegE1811478-55AE-4B9F-B5C4-76DDCDCBFFB5 (resized).jpeg
#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

If you get smart missile in multiball, you can use the other ball to knock the truck to the right during selection process to make the shot easier.

#5812 3 years ago

Folks who've replaced the 2D raptor plastic on their Pro with a toy, what have you done about the surface-mounted flasher that's exposed after removing it? I made a Lexan mount that screws in on top of the existing plastic and I could just glue a flasher dome to the front of it and call it a day, but I'm curious to see if there are any more clever options.

#5813 3 years ago

Love my Shoot Again Video!!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GW33TLyqs6SbvbY66

shot (resized).pngshot (resized).png
#5814 3 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Thought I'd ask here incase anyone has encountered this issue. I just emailed Stern support looking for advice, but pinside is also usually very helpful.
Has anyone had an issue with the right ramp (A) and right orbit (O) shots not registering? Not just the letters, but any shot on those shots. They are not registering in switch test. Everything looks to be hooked up properly and the switches seem to be working right mechanically (I can hear the click). Seems strange for 2 switches to both stop working at the same exact time. I traced the wires, and they both share the same spot on node board 9, CN12 (The orange clip). Anyone know what the issue is? Or what I should start checking next?

I had the same issue. Trace the wires that came from both and most likely one wire has come undone

#5815 3 years ago

Just unboxed my pro- wow! So freaking beautiful. Can’t believe how amazing this artwork is... also can’t believe some don’t like it, it’s such highly quality stuff.

Anyway, question- what color is your T. rex? In photos it looks green but mine is clearly brown.

Also is your t rex solid? Cause mine clearly has the jaw as a separate piece like what I assume the premium/le is like

E4DB4C5E-63B3-428A-A6EE-7C1AD4A41944 (resized).jpegE4DB4C5E-63B3-428A-A6EE-7C1AD4A41944 (resized).jpeg
#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just unboxed my pro- wow! So freaking beautiful. Can’t believe how amazing this artwork is... also can’t believe some don’t like it, it’s such highly quality stuff.
Anyway, question- what color is your T. rex? In photos it looks green but mine is clearly brown.
Also is your t rex solid? Cause mine clearly has the jaw as a separate piece like what I assume the premium/le is like [quoted image]

It is the same as the Pre/LE t-rex.

#5817 3 years ago

The Rex on my pro

20200713_210805 (resized).jpg20200713_210805 (resized).jpg
#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

The Rex on my pro[quoted image]

hmm it’s different!

#5819 3 years ago

If you bought a motorized T-Rex assembly from Stern, could you get it to work on a pro?

#5820 3 years ago

If you bought a motorized T-Rex assembly from Stern, could you get it to work on a pro?

Most likely not. The software for it is not in the pro game file. You can load the premium/le file onto a pro, but the game wouldn’t function correctly because it would be looking for the motorized gate on the raptor pen. There’s probably other challenges as well. Would be way less of a hassle to get a premium. The Trex is cool no doubt, but the pro is still a helluva game.

#5821 3 years ago

Is there a way to lower just the call out volume?

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is there a way to lower just the call out volume?

Yea you can adjust speech and music separately in the settings

#5823 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Yea you can adjust speech and music separately in the settings

Do you remember where in settings, I can’t seem to find it

#5824 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The settings are called attenuation I don’t know what # but I could look tomorrow. The streamers have been adjusting to decrease music for DMCA issues. That’s the only reason I knew what those settings did.

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It is in the second Adjustments menu. I forget what Stern Calls it. Maybe feature or Game adjusments?
Anyway when you get in go backwards through the menu as they are at the very end.
Don't forget that higher numbers lower the volume and lower numbers raise the volume. It is backwards from normal.

#5826 3 years ago

Anyone have the raptor plastic available? I'm sure many folks upgraded to a real raptor and filed that plastic away. My Pro came with a raptor toy and no plastic. I'd like to return it to original if possible. I know, I'm weird. I'll soon have some mods for sale or trade that I'm removing from my Pro also.

Thanks, in advance.

RC

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Anyone have the raptor plastic available? I'm sure many folks upgraded to a real raptor and filed that plastic away. My Pro came with a raptor toy and no plastic. I'd like to return it to original if possible. I know, I'm weird. I'll soon have some mods for sale or trade that I'm removing from my Pro also.
Thanks, in advance.
RC

As noted a few posts up, I’ve been working on fabricating a raptor toy but if the one you have isn’t bootleg-looking I’d be happy to trade.

#5828 3 years ago

Any tips for hitting the tower shot- is this meant to be a tough shot?

I can only hit it consistently off the flipper tip when the ball trickles out of the bumpers but I’m having trouble hitting it off the ramp/loop. I am 7 degree incline.

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I can only hit it consistently off the flipper tip when the ball trickles out of the bumpers but I’m having trouble hitting it off the ramp/loop. I am 7 degree incline.

I don't think you can get it from the lower flippers.

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Check to see if the ball is hitting the screw on the ramp transition. Mine was and I was getting a lot of tower shot rejects. Used a Dremel tool to grind the screw head down a bit so the ball doesn’t hit it anymore.

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

So I've been playing around a lot with pitch lately and something I've found is that every increment between 6.5 and 7.0 makes particular shots harder to hit. At 7.0 the vertical U-ramps (tower and helipad) are harder to hit than at lower angles. It seems to just be a question of gravity, especially on the orbit - if you send the ball around the orbit, you can see it stop hugging the rail about halfway around. That means that instead of being fed cleanly to the flipper, the ball is actually a couple of millimeters to the left of it so you don't get all the power behind the shot that you'd normally expect.

One way to solve the problem is to adjust the upper flipper to the left a bit to ensure that the ball actually touches rubber when it gets to the flipper, but the side effect of doing so is that if you don't flip, the ball will roll into the left sling 99.9% of the time. If you felt really adventurous, you could even try bending the rail a bit (I did this on the helipad lane so that rejected shots and soft plunges didn't feed directly into the sling regardless of the playfield angle). However, after 50ish games at each angle, I believe that 6.8 degrees provides the best compromise between speed and ball behavior. Every degree below 7.0 makes the control room slightly harder to hit (at 6.5 that shot is harder than the hole-in-one shot on NGG), and given its importance you may decide that you'd rather have an easier time hitting it than the tower. You really ought to put in a couple dozen games at 6.8 and see what you think, though.

#5832 3 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

So I've been playing around a lot with pitch lately and something I've found is that every increment between 6.5 and 7.0 makes particular shots harder to hit. At 7.0 the vertical U-ramps (tower and helipad) are harder to hit than at lower angles. It seems to just be a question of gravity, especially on the orbit - if you send the ball around the orbit, you can see it stop hugging the rail about halfway around. That means that instead of being fed cleanly to the flipper, the ball is actually a couple of millimeters to the left of it so you don't get all the power behind the shot that you'd normally expect.
One way to solve the problem is to adjust the upper flipper to the left a bit to ensure that the ball actually touches rubber when it gets to the flipper, but the side effect of doing so is that if you don't flip, the ball will roll into the left sling 99.9% of the time. If you felt really adventurous, you could even try bending the rail a bit (I did this on the helipad lane so that rejected shots and soft plunges didn't feed directly into the sling regardless of the playfield angle). However, after 50ish games at each angle, I believe that 6.8 degrees provides the best compromise between speed and ball behavior. Every degree below 7.0 makes the control room slightly harder to hit (at 6.5 that shot is harder than the hole-in-one shot on NGG), and given its importance you may decide that you'd rather have an easier time hitting it than the tower. You really ought to put in a couple dozen games at 6.8 and see what you think, though.

Thanks I’ll try 6.8. My misses with the tower are usually hard bricks, not some sort of rattly rejection. Maybe I just need to get better, only played a few games last night.

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

I totally agree with statements ^^^^^
I have also played around with the pitch in this same manner. 6.8 also seems to be my particular sweet spot. The flow seems so much better at 6.8 measured at the lower flippers with my machine.

#5834 3 years ago

I added a Matchbox Jurassic World helicopter to my Pro and it turned out great. I had already added the Mezelmod raptor pen and a plastic raptor figurine on the left side of the playfield, but my daughter was complaining about how terrible the stock helicopter looked on the right side, so I went about finding a replacement. After seeing some of the mods for sale using the Matchbox Jurassic World helicopter, I went on Ebay and found it. The helicopter was part of a 2 piece set packaged together with a truck and there is a sister set with airplane and atv, my seller had all 4 for a little over $8 + another $4 for shipping. After it arrived, I cut a piece of metal strapping tape to make a bracket, drilled holes on both ends of the bracket, and another hole into the base of the helicopter where I inserted a screw to attach it to the bracket. I removed the screw holding the stock plastic helicopter blade and used that screw to attach the helicopter. My daughter gave the mod her stamp of approval. I now have 3 other Jurassic themed vehicles that I might incorporate into the game as well.

Matchbox Set (resized).jpgMatchbox Set (resized).jpgheli bracket (resized).jpgheli bracket (resized).jpgmounted heli (resized).jpgmounted heli (resized).jpg
#5835 3 years ago

New game code:

V1.02.0 - July 8th, 2020
===========================
- DNA Combos - Added awards for completing DNA combos:
- Extra ball is lit at (adjustable) 8 DNA combos
- Wildcard fossil is awarded for completing all 11 DNA combos
- Escape Nublar Challenge - Added "COMPETITION CHALLENGE" option to play Escape Nublar with randomness removed, access by holding both flippers and selecting.
- Rescues will appear in the same order each time:
- Left Ramp & Right Ramp (Visitor's Center)
- Spinner & Tower (plus Helipad and Control Room if dino was not captured)
- Helipad, Control Room, and Right Loop (plus Left Ramp and Right Ramp if dino was not captured)
- Rescues will then start at the left most shots and move around the playfield clockwise three positions
- Exit (red arrow) phase has these changes:
- Finding the correct exit will happen after a certain number of attempts:
- 1 shot:
- VISITOR'S CENTER, PTERANODON, VELOCIRAPTOR
- 2 shots:
- COMPSOGNATHUS, STEGOSAURUS, SPINOSAURUS
- 3 shots:
- TYRANASAURUS_REX, ANKYLOSAURUS, TRICERATOPS
- 4 shots:
- DILOPHOSAURUS, BRACHIOSAURUS, GALLIMIMUS
- The Raptor Pen back target will count as 2 exit shots
- The Pops Target will count as 3 exit shots
- Smart Missile - fixed an issue where the Left Inlane Up Post would not be held up for Smart Missile when the T-Rex was attempting to catch a ball
- Chaos Multiball - added callouts for 2x and 4x Chaos Hurry Up (truck facing left = 2x, double scoring active = 2x)
- Chaos Multiball - total now includes the hurry up value
- Raptor Multiball - added callouts for 2x, 4x, and 8x Raptor Super Jackpots (ball locked in raptor pen = 2x, double scoring active = 2x, raptor perk = 2x)
- Escape - improve ball save handling on left outlane during certain modes
- Combos - Added combo indicator (red flasher above 2x target) that pulses while combo is active
- High Score Tables - added Top Paleontologist (Fossil Champ) award
- High Score Tables - fixed DNA Champ award to allow most recent full dna collection to show on high scores
- Invalid Frenzy - added more additional names to the list of error names
- Game Restart - added callouts when starting a new game through Start Button Hold
- Powerup - power up sequence now shows game name and actual PRO / PREM / LE model
- Topper - fixing an issue with topper letters where power cycling with 12 letters lit would cause the Topper Mode to not be able to be started
- Sound Test - added 'Welcome to Jurassic Park' full track to sound test

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL' - defaults to 8, min / max: 11, when this number of DNA combos is collected you will light Extra Ball

- System - Updated to V2.53
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.62.0
- Update TARGET_GAME_TIME adjustment to ensure a minimal ballsaver even after
the target game time is met.
- Do not display LOCATING NODE BOARD at boot when coin door interlock switch
has disabled node board power.
- Improve backbox and cabinet audio synchronization.
- Update the HSTD reset counter when the Standard Adjustment is changed

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

- Smart Missile - fixed an issue where the Left Inlane Up Post would not be held up for Smart Missile when the T-Rex was attempting to catch a ball

Yes!!!!!!!!

#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

- Game Restart - added callouts when starting a new game through Start Button Hold

Uh-oh. I guess I'm going to be hearing a lot of those callouts

#5838 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code:
V1.02.0 - July 8th, 2020
- Escape Nublar Challenge - Added "COMPETITION CHALLENGE" option to play Escape Nublar with randomness removed, access by holding both flippers and selecting.
- Helipad, Control Room, and Right Loop (plus Left Ramp and Right Ramp if dino was not captured)
- Rescues will then start at the left most shots and move around the playfield clockwise three positions
- 1 shot:
- 2 shots:
- 3 shots:
- 4 shots:
- Chaos Multiball - added callouts for 2x and 4x Chaos Hurry Up (truck facing left = 2x, double scoring active = 2x)
- Raptor Multiball - added callouts for 2x, 4x, and 8x Raptor Super Jackpots (ball locked in raptor pen = 2x, double scoring active = 2x, raptor perk = 2x)
- Combos - Added combo indicator (red flasher above 2x target) that pulses while combo is active
- High Score Tables - fixed DNA Champ award to allow most recent full dna collection to show on high scores
- Powerup - power up sequence now shows game name and actual PRO / PREM / LE model
- Topper - fixing an issue with topper letters where power cycling with 12 letters lit would cause the Topper Mode to not be able to be started
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL' - defaults to 8, min / max: 11, when this number of DNA combos is collected you will light Extra Ball

impressionnant!

#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New game code:
V1.02.0 - July 8th, 2020
- 1 shot:
- 2 shots:
- 3 shots:
- 4 shots:
- Adjustment Changes:

Great to see they are still improving! I was really crossing fingers they would add shared progress co-op but maybe in the future.

#5840 3 years ago

Today i played my firsts games, ayer wait soooo Long for the Playfield protector....

... God... this pinball is so good!!! I cannot explain it without using badwords...

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from sliprose:

I added a Matchbox Jurassic World helicopter to my Pro and it turned out great. I had already added the Mezelmod raptor pen and a plastic raptor figurine on the left side of the playfield, but my daughter was complaining about how terrible the stock helicopter looked on the right side, so I went about finding a replacement. After seeing some of the mods for sale using the Matchbox Jurassic World helicopter, I went on Ebay and found it. The helicopter was part of a 2 piece set packaged together with a truck and there is a sister set with airplane and atv, my seller had all 4 for a little over $8 + another $4 for shipping. After it arrived, I cut a piece of metal strapping tape to make a bracket, drilled holes on both ends of the bracket, and another hole into the base of the helicopter where I inserted a screw to attach it to the bracket. I removed the screw holding the stock plastic helicopter blade and used that screw to attach the helicopter. My daughter gave the mod her stamp of approval. I now have 3 other Jurassic themed vehicles that I might incorporate into the game as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I literally just got mine in today. My hope is to find some way to use this helicopter instead of the plastics for my prem. I can't stand the way it looks and figured for the cost it was worth a shot. Thinking of using my drill press to drill a whole through the helicopter, sliding it over the shaft that the blades spin on and then maybe even replacing the factory blades with some clear ones that I can put the matchbox blades on. Will see what happens...

#5842 3 years ago

New code update doesn’t seem to exciting for Pro owners. Anyone update yet and loving the changes?

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

New code update doesn’t seem to exciting for Pro owners. Anyone update yet and loving the changes?

Huh? I believe all of the changes are across all models. I don’t see anything specific to prem/le. Earning an EB from DNA is surely nice. The bug fixes are also nice.

#5844 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

DNA combos are much more relevant now.

Not to mention an entirely new mini game option.

I'll be updating tonight

#5845 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

DNA combos are much more relevant now.
Not to mention an entirely new mini game option.
I'll be updating tonight

I won’t. Nothing interesting in this update. Look forward to hearing about it.

#5846 3 years ago

What do you guys have your flipper strengths set to? My system came with everything at 255

#5847 3 years ago

For those that updated. The restart by hold left flipper + start call outs don’t seem to be working. Anyone else?

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

For those that updated. The restart by hold left flipper + start call outs don’t seem to be working. Anyone else?

Left flipper not needed.

I just tried three times, got "you are out of your mind" and "what do you think you're doing?" and "what's gotten into you?"

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Left flipper not needed.
I just tried three times, got "you are out of your mind" and "what do you think you're doing?" and "what's gotten into you?"

Maybe that’s why I’ll try without the left flipper hold

Edit: the callout doesn’t work when left flipper is used. I always used the left flipper so it doesn’t just add a player.

#5850 3 years ago

Was playing some games tonight and literally after the 3rd game all of the high scores (except the GC) reset your factory! I’m still on 1.0 code but guess I’ll be updating to 1.02 tonight. Is there a setting that can be changed so that table high scores do not reset, or is this some sort of bug? This is my first pin so am not used to all the high scores resetting. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.99
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/117?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.