(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 426.
#5751 3 years ago

Hi guys! I'm still waiting on my JP Premium that I ordered in early June. Hearing about you guys gives me hope that mine will come soon!

In the meantime anyone recommend any cliffy protectors for this game? Thanks!!

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Hi guys! I'm still waiting on my JP Premium that I ordered in early June. Hearing about you guys gives me hope that mine will come soon!
In the meantime anyone recommend any cliffy protectors for this game? Thanks!!

In Cliffy’s “see what’s new” tab he has a kit put together for this game. Just finished installing everything but the circle protector underneath the post by the upper flipper. Usual good cliffy stuff.

#5753 3 years ago
Quoted from TVsFrank:

In Cliffy’s “see what’s new” tab he has a kit put together for this game. Just finished installing everything but the circle protector underneath the post by the upper flipper. Usual good cliffy stuff.

Thank you!!!! Wonder when they will have TMNT Stuff too.

#5754 3 years ago

I'm in the club soon.
Went to a retailer last weekend. He had a premium left. Will get delivered next week.
I'm so hyped. My first NIB.

#5755 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

I'm in the club soon.
Went to a retailer last weekend. He had a premium left. Will get delivered next week.
I'm so hyped. My first NIB.

Excellent choice for a first NIB. It was my first as well. Enjoy!!

#5756 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yeah it is the first pin i felt is worth the money for it
Those shots and modes are so much fun. And i love the theme.

Will be a great addition to my other games.

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Same here. First NIB. The only difference is I had never even seen it, let alone played it. I bought an LE(almost a year ago now) so the games weren't out yet. Took a chance... JACKPOT!! lol

#5758 3 years ago

How much does HD glass improve this game? Do you guys think it's worth it?

#5759 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yes

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It depends if you have plenty of money for a very expensive piece of glass. Yes it looks very clear. I play just as well with regular glass. I have it on one of my machines

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If you can afford it ,well worth it Coin takers two pack seen to be the best value

#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Not worth it. They added the ability to dim the backbox automagically when you start a game. Set the gameplay brightness to 2% in adjustments and you won't need the fancy glass unless you have other annoying lighting in the room. The attract mode brightness is a separate setting and can be left bright.

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I bought a 2 pack of Invisiglass on sale. At that price, it was worth it to me. If you can split the cost with a friend, or sell the second sheet (my backup plan if my next pin doesn't come with it) it lowers the cost. Just as Toppers and most mods don't night and day effect gameplay, most of us have done things to customize our games. I didn't want new glass until I saw it in person at a local retailer. I had a friend over last night who played my JP, he thought it didn't have glass. It's so much easier to see on my old Gottlieb.

#5764 3 years ago

Any way to approximate the build date of a pro (or learn anything else usedul) based on the serial number on the box?

671F0DAC-5927-45C0-9676-8C17B4481C11 (resized).jpeg671F0DAC-5927-45C0-9676-8C17B4481C11 (resized).jpeg
#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Any way to approximate the build date of a pro (or learn anything else usedul) based on the serial number on the box?
[quoted image]

Why would you not just look at the build date sticker???

#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Why would you not just look at the build date sticker???

Apparently, the one he's looking at is still sealed in the box.

#5767 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Apparently, the one he's looking at is still sealed in the box.

Makes sense!!

#5768 3 years ago

Yea I just have a picture of the box

#5769 3 years ago

Joined the club. Highly over excited Unboxing video below

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Joined the club. Highly over excited Unboxing video below

Cool vid. Enjoy. Pro is a killer machine.

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I have non reflective glass on all my machines. If you got the money for it it is absolutely worth it in my opinion. It makes every game look as if there is no glass inside. Already had a lot of people trying to touch the playfield and hit the glass they did not see.

#5772 3 years ago

What a killer ball! Very first ball, got two T-Rex events, 1 control room, and made it to Visitors Center and drained.

Come on sk8ball we need a T-Rex event count on the screen somewhere!

IMG_20200710_010259 (resized).jpgIMG_20200710_010259 (resized).jpg
#5773 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I’m waiting on my pro to arrive and it was the first upgrade that I spent money on. I’ve got it on my existing game, and have had it on all my games in the past. Why not be able to see clearly the art work and any mods that you do? And you can always use it on your next game.

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from Sergeant:

Thought this was a worth while mod I did, and at only $10 bucks and about 45 mins week worth it. Swappable between the Jurassic world truck and the classic jp jeep. Takes about 5 mins to swap over. Much better then the chinsy stock plastic truck.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you perhaps have a link to the classic JP Jeep figure you used here? Would love to make that swap on my JP, too!

#5775 3 years ago

Pro arrives Monday ...

#5776 3 years ago

today my wife mentioned how it's a shame that we can't really see the mezel mods raptor fence. it's dark & you don't necessarily notice it. I pulled the glass & installed a flood. it lights up both the raptor fence & the lookout tower nicely.

2020-07-10 17.01.07 (resized).jpg2020-07-10 17.01.07 (resized).jpg2020-07-10 16.59.37 (resized).jpg2020-07-10 16.59.37 (resized).jpg
#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

today my wife mentioned how it's a shame that we can't really see the mezel mods raptor fence. it's dark & you don't necessarily notice it. I pulled the glass & installed a flood. it lights up both the raptor fence & the lookout tower nicely.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice!

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

today my wife mentioned how it's a shame that we can't really see the mezel mods raptor fence. it's dark & you don't necessarily notice it. I pulled the glass & installed a flood. it lights up both the raptor fence & the lookout tower nicely.[quoted image][quoted image]

That's a very cool mod but I have this aversion to putting 3d printed stuff in my games. I think the print line texture ruins things. I'd love it if they made a higher quality version, maybe SLS printed by shapeways.

#5779 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

Looks great, and I agree with the sentiment! Same with how dark the entire middle of the play field is. I’ve been looking around for a good spotlight, but haven’t been sure where to pull the trigger yet. Would you mind sharing where you got that one?

#5780 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Looks great, and I agree with the sentiment! Same with how dark the entire middle of the play field is. I’ve been looking around for a good spotlight, but haven’t been sure where to pull the trigger yet. Would you mind sharing where you got that one?

Did you maybe just order a replacement part from Stern (through your distributor) or something?

#5781 3 years ago

Raptor fence looks pretty stock and improves the area.
Nice lighting job. Well placed spotlights are all you need.

#5782 3 years ago

Stern just sent a guy a used defective playfield to replace a defective playfield. Face palm.

In the playfield issues thread.

#5783 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

I did the same thing you did here! Yeah that area definitely needs more light. Someone asked the specifics. I did a warm white LED "kit" from Comet Pinball: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit
I love Comet...
The bulb you used seems to provide more light than mine (I think that's b/c it's a "cool white" and/or a "flood" vs. w/e I have?). I guess it depends on what people prefer warm vs. cool. Either way yeah that's a perfect light placement for lighting up that area and I'm glad I did this. I'm sure many people will be happy to consider this option too. Good on ya for sharing!

#5784 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

It's just the generic flood light from comet pinball & 1 of their power feed twist lamps to juice it up.

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from Mutt:

It's just the generic flood light from comet pinball & 1 of their power feed twist lamps to juice it up.

Cool, thank you I’ll go that route!

Edit: Damn, they appear to be out of stock =/ Does anyone know how often they seem to restock (I’ve not ordered from them before)?

#5786 3 years ago

So who makes the best art blades for this pin?

#5787 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Tilt Graphics. Installing mine soon.

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Tilt Graphics. Installing mine soon.

wow those are nice. thank you. Best place to buy? any coupon codes (seems there used to be one for pinside at cointaker)

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I like sterns

#5790 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I bought sheets of sticker paper. Let the kids draw Dino’s on them. They Look great

#5791 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

wow those are nice. thank you. Best place to buy? any coupon codes (seems there used to be one for pinside at cointaker)

I bought mine from ModFather.

#5792 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

They are all pretty shit IMO, I like the ones on the LE but they don’t sell those.

#5793 3 years ago

WooHoo! Pinball browser is back!! Got my Shoot Again animation going again...along with my missle hit and miss custom graphics audio and extra smack sound on the ball save screen

Click the shared link to see my final edits

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7aL6b5jq5DrPwb9p9

Annotation 2020-07-11 150055 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-07-11 150055 (resized).png

#5794 3 years ago

Hi!

Any JP2 with mirrorblades? Pics?!

BR

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

WooHoo! Pinball browser is back!! Got my Shoot Again animation going again...along with my missle hit and miss custom graphics audio and extra smack sound on the ball save screen

[quoted image]

nice....I want. lol.

#5796 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That's a very cool mod but I have this aversion to putting 3d printed stuff in my games. I think the print line texture ruins things. I'd love it if they made a higher quality version, maybe SLS printed by shapeways.

I don't think anyone would like the price point if the whole thing was SLS printed.

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from madmack:

Hi!
BR

Mine should be in next week. I'll post a photo.

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image]

Did OGA find a work around for Sterns breaking of the code? Nevermind, I went to the thread and just saw that he indeed did it. Yes!!!!!

#5799 3 years ago
Quoted from madmack:

Hi!
BR

Here’s a couple of mine, I would have done the art blades personally, but my pro had the mirrors installed when I got it.

AECBAB6D-F0FC-4CAF-B1B2-A498DD3509FF (resized).jpegAECBAB6D-F0FC-4CAF-B1B2-A498DD3509FF (resized).jpegA990F124-7DB1-4121-BBAE-BEBEFD07AD53 (resized).jpegA990F124-7DB1-4121-BBAE-BEBEFD07AD53 (resized).jpeg64D728B9-67E2-4D2D-8DF1-85FC3F1027D2 (resized).jpeg64D728B9-67E2-4D2D-8DF1-85FC3F1027D2 (resized).jpegE6E4D86A-0EAD-4EC3-AFC0-6A92E5D95804 (resized).jpegE6E4D86A-0EAD-4EC3-AFC0-6A92E5D95804 (resized).jpeg
#5800 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Mine should be in next week. I'll post a photo.

Thanks!

Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Here’s a couple of mine, I would have done the art blades personally, but my pro had the mirrors.installed when I got it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image

I think I'll install DIY mirror blades. I did it in a DM and The Shadow and the results were excellent.

Is the Barbasol can DIY?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
12,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,200 (OBO)
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/116?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.