(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 427.
#5701 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

So I just played a game and did not get an extra ball. Got over 100mil and no extra ball. Here are my settings. Is something incorrect?
Adj 1 Replay Type - Fixed
Adj 3 Replay award- Extra Ball
Adj 4 replay levels -3
I set them at 100mil, 300mil, 500mil
Replay Boost-Yes
Adj 17 Extra Ball Percentage-25%

Double check that you have extra balls on and set high enough that you hadn't already collected enough of them to reach the max? I think most games default to 5 extra balls allowed, but not sure on JP. Also check to make sure it's not on tournament settings. That usually means no extra balls.

#5702 3 years ago

Hmm, try turning replay boost off and percentage to disabled (if it has such a setting). Perhaps one of those is overriding the fixed 100M level.

#5703 3 years ago

How is the "Fixed" setting designed to work in awarding Replay? Mine had been set on that since I got it and I was never awarded replays. I finally set it to dynamic about a week ago and it started awarding replays.

#5704 3 years ago

Just ordered a Pro. Finally found something worthy of spending my money on from the sale of my AFMrLE. Can’t get enough of this game in the wild. My Distro here in Oregon says eta of about a month, as they are currently running Elviras. Gonna be a looooong month....

#5705 3 years ago

So the gate just after the spinner fell off my game today. Looked for the screws everywhere but can't find them yet. Does anyone know what type of screws they are or have pics?

IMG_20200702_180841 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_180841 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_180853 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_180853 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_180857 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_180857 (resized).jpg
#5706 3 years ago

This is hilarious, I set up all these replay EBs and now I can’t even get to 100mil. This game is so difficult to me which is why I love it so much. I am a pretty athletic, coordinated guy and after 3 months 500mil is still my best. I am just not seeing how everyone is progressing so
far all the time on these games. I understand all the rules perfectly on this game and I believe I am playing correctly for maximum points. I have been as far as the T-Rex paddock one time. This excites me because I know there is so much fun content just a few paddocks after that. I really am dying to get together with a local Cincy guy or gal that has this game in is good!! I want to watch and observe. I watch tons of pinball streams but it isn’t the same. It’s hard to really see what’s going on with all those screens. I love this game. I am hoping a future code release adds more content that I will probably never reach. Lol. I am yet to really notice a bug that needs fixing....

#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

This is hilarious, I set up all these replay EBs and now I can’t even get to 100mil. This game is so difficult to me which is why I love it so much. I am a pretty athletic, coordinated guy and after 3 months 500mil is still my best. I am just not seeing how everyone is progressing so
far all the time on these games. I understand all the rules perfectly on this game and I believe I am playing correctly for maximum points. I have been as far as the T-Rex paddock one time. This excites me because I know there is so much fun content just a few paddocks after that. I really am dying to get together with a local Cincy guy or gal that has this game in is good!! I want to watch and observe. I watch tons of pinball streams but it isn’t the same. It’s hard to really see what’s going on with all those screens. I love this game. I am hoping a future code release adds more content that I will probably never reach. Lol. I am yet to really notice a bug that needs fixing....

I’m up the road from you in Dayton but I’m exactly where you are in scoring... maybe it’s the Barometric pressure in our area of the country.

#5708 3 years ago

I did a shallow read over the pages... and saw some diferents in the playfalds, such as adding washers under the starposts, and position of the 3rd flippers.

Those are mine, fron february 2020
20200702_153230 (resized).jpg20200702_153230 (resized).jpg20200702_153242 (resized).jpg20200702_153242 (resized).jpg

in order to install the playfeld protector, i have to remove the flippers... soooo... in your experience, wich is the right possition of the 3rd flipper? a perfect alineation with the "dot"?

#5709 3 years ago

I'm a week into JP ownership and loving it. Just realizing though that the lite 2x playfield switch has never registered.

I've checked connections but can't trigger it even with a solid push with my finger.

Any suggestions?

#5710 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I've checked connections but can't trigger it even with a solid push with my finger.

You are doing this in switch test mode?

#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

You are doing this in switch test mode?

Yes. Nada.

E7629BDA-B643-4AFA-9F88-43560E058705 (resized).jpegE7629BDA-B643-4AFA-9F88-43560E058705 (resized).jpeg

#5712 3 years ago

Figured it out. This cable was running through the switch. My bad - when I moved the right outlane post down ( ) the wire must have gotten tangled up.

All is well!

20F26227-D3CB-4030-8B70-1906BFF2C3C5 (resized).jpeg20F26227-D3CB-4030-8B70-1906BFF2C3C5 (resized).jpeg
#5713 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Figured it out. This cable was running through the switch. My bad - when I moved the right outlane post down ( ) the wire must have gotten tangled up.
All is well!
[quoted image]

You are now officially a pinball tech... welcome to the club!

#5714 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

All is well!
[quoted image]

It's crazy how many issues we cause just by trying to fix other issues. Been there, done that. More times than I should admit to.

#5715 3 years ago

Love the code on this game, but one thing that I hope Keith will add, is something that tells you how many T-Rex encounters you've been through. Because they are random, it's really hard to keep track of where you are with them, especially with everything else going on.

Maybe a screen in the info that tell you "1 out of 4" or something like that would be helpful.

Also, no matter what I have tried, the T-Rex is still not catching balls consistently. I have the T-Rex assembly jacked up as high as I possibly can get it, and when the head lowers in the bottom position, it slightly hit the right side of the ramp, and slides off of it to the left.

Is this normal?

#5716 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You are now officially a pinball tech... welcome to the club!

I can make a living this way, right?

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It's crazy how many issues we cause just by trying to fix other issues. Been there, done that. More times than I should admit to.

Trying to make the game easier nonetheless!

#5717 3 years ago

Hi there,
Regarding the mosquito rod mod, how it is lited? Do i need to change the shooter plate too?
An advise to where to buy? Stern or elsewhere?
Can someone tell me what is the height of stern topper?
Thanks

#5718 3 years ago

For anyone looking to install my custom audio/code onto their Pro, that's now a thing! See my post from today: https://beta.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/7#post-5730715
Please PM me if you're interested.

#5719 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Regarding the mosquito rod mod, how it is lited? Do i need to change the shooter plate too?
An advise to where to buy? Stern or elsewhere?
Can someone tell me what is the height of stern topper?
Thanks

The rod comes with a Shooter plate, with 2 orange LEDs that light the resin.
It easy to connect, but can take a few tries to center the rod, before tightening.
Looks Great! Stern and distributors....Limited Stock or maybe out right now...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5720 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The rod comes with a Shooter plate, with 2 orange LEDs that light the resin.
It easy to connect, but can take a few tries to center the rod, before tightening.
Looks Great! Stern and distributors....Limited Stock or maybe out right now...[quoted image]

Thanks buddy. I found it at Gameroom goodies. Never ordered to them. I hope they are cool.

Does anyone can tell me about stern topper height?
Thanks

#5721 3 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

After a COVID delay, followed by a USPS delay, my Tilt Topper arrived today. It really caps off the game nicely.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine arrived as well. Beautiful and well made. Shout out to Dan at Tilt for his communication and follow up through the entire process. They were even nice enough to change my original order(I sold the game) and make the JP Topper for me instead. Best, Charlie

#5722 3 years ago

Ordered my Pro on Friday. Super hyped to be joining the club, should have my game next week. Any must have additions/mods?

#5723 3 years ago

as with any nib, shooter lane protection would be high on my list.

#5724 3 years ago

Anyone in this group put Tim’s custom audio on their Pro yet? I am wanting to do this today.

#5725 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Anyone in this group put Tim’s custom audio on their Pro yet? I am wanting to do this today.

Sent him a DM, waiting for a reply.

#5726 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I sent him a PM as I would like to as well. If any pro owners happen to do this please post how it went.

#5727 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Ordered my Pro on Friday. Super hyped to be joining the club, should have my game next week. Any must have additions/mods?

Congrats. You’re going to be pumped when you get it set up.

#5728 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does anyone can tell me about stern topper height?
Thanks

7 1/2” tall

#5729 3 years ago

About to install it in a bit. The beta code went fine.

#5730 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Anyone in this group put Tim’s custom audio on their Pro yet?

I did and it’s awesome.

#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

I did and it’s awesome.

I also just did and got one game in before I had to leave. Will play more tonight. It is far superior to the stock audio package. Zero issues Full + Verify install kept all my settings and high scores. Did not need to adjust any speaker OHM settings.

#5732 3 years ago

Is it using the latest code?

#5733 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

#5734 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

No as Stern introduced encryption in v1.0.1 which blocks Pinball Browser, so the custom audio is built on 1.0 (the last non-encrypted version)

#5735 3 years ago

Now #2 in the Top 100.

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Now #2 in the Top 100.

I don't know how that ranking works but if my audio work has anything to do with this I just... words can't describe.

#5737 3 years ago

I put Tim's audio onto my JP2 Pro today and it is awesome. I can't wait to explore it more. These Jurassic Park machines just keep getting better and better.

The Pro is my first home machine, not counting an old EM my parents had in the 70s, and I do not regret my choice at all. I spent about 4 hours this weekend at MOMs pinball parlor College Park, MD playing a bunch of top 25 games and came away thinking, I like my JP2 more.

In case anyone is interested, I just posted on the JP2 custom code thread how I loaded Tim's code onto my JP2 Pro so that I have 2 SD cards 1) factory 2) Tim's audio:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/7#post-5733348

Bravo, Tim. Job well done.

#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

I don't know how that ranking works but if my audio work has anything to do with this I just... words can't describe.

I’d love to try it, but have 1.01 installed and my understanding is if an update comes your sweet audio won’t come along for the ride.

Thanks for all the effort, but will probably have to pass for now.

Happy to be wrong!

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Love the code on this game, but one thing that I hope Keith will add, is something that tells you how many T-Rex encounters you've been through. Because they are random, it's really hard to keep track of where you are with them, especially with everything else going on.
Maybe a screen in the info that tell you "1 out of 4" or something like that would be helpful.
Also, no matter what I have tried, the T-Rex is still not catching balls consistently. I have the T-Rex assembly jacked up as high as I possibly can get it, and when the head lowers in the bottom position, it slightly hit the right side of the ramp, and slides off of it to the left.
Is this normal?

I'm not sure if it is normal or not, but mine does this also. Even if I adjust the middle position bias, she always drops down a little to my left

#5740 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

It probably isn’t hurting the scores Tim! I am sure if you spend some time reading the reviews that come from a throng or Pro owners, you will probably see many mentioning your great audio package! For those that love this game in the home environment, it’s incredibly refreshing to hear your well selected audio clips woven into the gameplay. My favorite is the replacement “raise the gate”!

#5741 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’d love to try it, but have 1.01 installed and my understanding is if an update comes your sweet audio won’t come along for the ride.
Happy to be wrong!

You shouldn't have any problems installing Tim's sounds on v1.01. I installed it on my Pro on a fresh SD card flashed with v1.01 with no problems at all. From others it looks like they were able to install on v1.01 as well. The machine does revert back to v1.00 after Tim's update. It is fun to explore the new audio.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/7#post-5733348

#5742 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Happy to be wrong!

Unfortunately this is correct (many posts about this from other pinsiders). The PBrowser blocking Stern is doing was devastating enough when I learned about it the hard way after > 6 months of work. That's why I put out what I have done and am anxiously awaiting the ability to continue along the path of improvement to the audio once/if I can port changes to 1.01+. What I will say is that you're not losing out on much currently if you install my code (which = reverting your machine to 1.00 essentially). AFAIK it's only those who are relying on the minor updates/bug fixes in 1.01 that have been understandably apprehensive to install mine. You can always try mine and go back to 1.01 if you need to.

#5743 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Happy to be wrong!

I had 1.01 and downgraded straight to Tim's custom 1.00. Honestly can't see anything that's missing having gone back to 1.01. I'm normally a stickler for updates but in this case the audio improvement outweighs anything 1.01 might have.

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Unfortunately this is correct (many posts about this from other pinsiders). The PBrowser blocking Stern is doing was devastating enough when I learned about it the hard way after > 6 months of work. That's why I put out what I have done and am anxiously awaiting the ability to continue along the path of improvement to the audio once/if I can port changes to 1.01+. What I will say is that you're not losing out on much currently if you install my code (which = reverting your machine to 1.00 essentially). AFAIK it's only those who are relying on the minor updates/bug fixes in 1.01 that have been understandably apprehensive to install mine. You can always try mine and go back to 1.01 if you need to.

I didn't dig too much into the readme, but I believe it was mainly premium software updates like Trex adjustments that make modes start even if the magnet doesn't grab the ball.

#5745 3 years ago

Does anyone have a video clip of the extra ball animation?

#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I didn't dig too much into the readme, but I believe it was mainly premium software updates like Trex adjustments that make modes start even if the magnet doesn't grab the ball.

This is the truth. Upgrade with confidence. It’s a solid improvement 100 percent! Cheers

#5747 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I finally installed my shooter rod with additional LEDs.
I bought the shoter rod from hookedonpinball.com.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p214/Jurassic-Park-Amber-Shooter-Rod-Pinball-Mod.html
The LEDs are from ebay - 3 $.

I removed the the shooter rod and unscrewed the housing, drilled two- LED sized holes from the inside of the housing and one hole into the metal plate for the LED wires.
Finally i hot glued the LED into the housing, installed the shooter rod and connected the LEDs to the GI, so there is a littlebit of action going on too.
It took me about 3 hours, since i'm not experienced.

Some things i want to note:
- brighter LEDs would be nicer
- dont let the LEDs stick out of the housing like me, they can be disturbing during gameplay.

The shooter rod itself is very nice, but there are some things i want to mention.
The rod is a littlebit longer, so the ball rests now on the tip of the rod insted on the auto-plunger-mech, but not affecting gameplay.
There is some slight chipping and a bigger crack where the the rod is screwed into the resin, also the polishing there is not good, resulting in more light reflection there.
But overall a very eye catching feature. Look at this nice insect!

EDIT: I think the insect took a shit at the moment of its death, look at the image

1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (2) (resized).jpg1 (2) (resized).jpg1 (3) (resized).jpg1 (3) (resized).jpg1 (4) (resized).jpg1 (4) (resized).jpg1 (5) (resized).jpg1 (5) (resized).jpg1 (6) (resized).jpg1 (6) (resized).jpg1 (7) (resized).jpg1 (7) (resized).jpg1 (8) (resized).jpg1 (8) (resized).jpg1 (9) (resized).jpg1 (9) (resized).jpg

#5748 3 years ago

My NIB JP Premium just arrived at my distributor from Stern, but my help to go pick it up isn’t available for another 3.5 hours or so...Is this legally considered torture?

#5749 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

My NIB JP Premium just arrived at my distributor from Stern, but my help to go pick it up isn’t available for another 3.5 hours or so...Is this legally considered torture?

Congrats! Mine came last week. I've been trying not to overplay it because I want to enjoy it for a long time but it's been a really fun game so far. Probably going to take the #1 spot before long.

#5750 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

If I leave now, I can be up there in (checks Google Maps) 18 hours. Let me know if your help flakes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/115?hl=timlah79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.