(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,284 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 426.
#5651 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Do any pinball machines have something similar to an arcade game "continue" button where you can start your next game at the spot you progressed to in the game that just ended? Maybe with a 10-second window to push the button to continue?

Yeah, lots of '90s pins had an "extra ball" button, for one credit. Repeatable up to X credits, I forget the limit.

#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Almost certainly. Still a couple bugs that I assume KME & team would like to fix.

I was waiting for it as i’m still in 1.0
I think I gonna update to 1.01 as there are some bugs in 1.00

#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That would be great! Co-op should be on all games.
Do any pinball machines have something similar to an arcade game "continue" button where you can start your next game at the spot you progressed to in the game that just ended? Maybe with a 10-second window to push the button to continue? My STTNG has a "To Be Continued" button that I think is supposed to work like that but I haven't figured out how it's supposed to work. Seems like having a co-op and/or continue function on a game would be great to give a player like me a chance to make it through and see everything in the game.

you have the "buy extra ball" on some...

edit : oups sry, was 1 page late not uptodate

#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

INLANE POST NOT STAYING UP FOR SMART MISSILE WHEN T-REX MB STARTS!!!! I mean, um, not that it's been irritating me lately or anything... you know, fix it or not, whatever... I don't care... BUT FIX IT!!!

And the Skill Shot!!

#5655 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

A couple bugs and hopefully they bring shared progress co-op! One can hope!

TNA has 2 modes - co-op (all players are grouped as one) and team (players 1 & 3 are one team against players 2 & 4 as the 2nd team). Both these would be very cool on JP, especially for the more novice players/kids that struggle to progress through the all the various modes and wizards and it'd be great for parties

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, lots of '90s pins had an "extra ball" button, for one credit. Repeatable up to X credits, I forget the limit.

Generally 4 was limit by default although could be changed to less.

#5657 3 years ago

anyone put cliffys on their shooter lane? specifically, anyone know what those two nail/bolt things are to the left. i stripped one. hoping lowe's has some.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anyone put cliffys on their shooter lane? specifically, anyone know what those two nail/bolt things are to the left. i stripped one. hoping lowe's has some.

I did but I can’t tell you what those fasteners are. Self anchoring screws?? I would imagine they’re in the manual and available at Marco’s or something.

#5659 3 years ago

I can't remember if I ever posted this.
Keith posted these, and I just added the background.JP2.pdfJP2.pdf

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Keith posted these, and I just added the background.[quoted image]

Thanks. Stern posted the bottom section on their site but haven’t seen the raptor pen instructions before. Nice to have for guests.

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I did but I can’t tell you what those fasteners are. Self anchoring screws?? I would imagine they’re in the manual and available at Marco’s or something.

first thing i did was check the manual, but didn't see anything. marco didn't have them either. i'll go into lowe's and look like an idiot. i'm good at that.

#5662 3 years ago

Oh man, just got word from my distributor that my JP Premium has been picked up...they don’t have updated tracking info yet, so no specific ETA, but...still! Here’s to hoping it arrives within the next 1-2 weeks! IT IS TIME. Will be sure to post if I find any defects in the playfield (machine was JUST made).

#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

first thing i did was check the manual, but didn't see anything. marco didn't have them either. i'll go into lowe's and look like an idiot. i'm good at that.

Definitely a strange fastener. Call tech at Stern if you strike out at Lowes.

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Keith posted these, and I just added the background.[quoted image]

Thanks so much. Wow.

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Definitely a strange fastener. Call tech at Stern if you strike out at Lowes.

was thinking that. lowe's had no clue.

#5666 3 years ago

My apologies if this has been answered before but is there a certain manufacture date I should be looking for to avoid playfield/clear coat issues? (Considering a pro)

#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

My apologies if this has been answered before but is there a certain manufacture date I should be looking for to avoid playfield/clear coat issues? (Considering a pro)

My March 2020 Pro is a nice playfield example. Honestly not so many dimples either and i have about 1500 games on it.

#5668 3 years ago

I have only had Invalid? show up once as the missile shot option, at the very end, and I nailed it. Is it extremely rare for this option? The mode was a blast to play. Tons of balls in play.

#5669 3 years ago

This game keeps moving up the top 100 ratings. I like to see it! Anyone think it will settle upon the top spot? It seems possible as Stern keeps selling more and more units of this gem.

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Is it this the screw you locking for?
https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-bracket-mounting-screws-fin-screws.html

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

This game keeps moving up the top 100 ratings. I like to see it! Anyone think it will settle upon the top spot? It seems possible as Stern keeps selling more and more units of this gem.

I haven't played it or rated it yet, but mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I'm expecting to love it and give it high ratings, so I think it's going to keep going up!

#5672 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I haven't played it or rated it yet, but mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I'm expecting to love it and give it high ratings, so I think it's going to keep going up!

Seenev who did you order yours from? I ordered mine (a Premium) a month ago and my dist says hopefully mid July. Stern is backed up on orders is what he is saying. Just wondering how long you waited.

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyGee:

Seenev who did you order yours from? I ordered mine (a Premium) a month ago and my dist says hopefully mid July. Stern is backed up on orders is what he is saying. Just wondering how long you waited.

I'll pm you.

#5674 3 years ago

I finally join the club!

NIB, came to home at 24h... what will be inside the egg!!?!?

#5676 3 years ago

Your English is good. No necesitas tener vergüenza. Escríbame en español. Tu no necesitas más protección para tu playfield. Tus plásticos van a estar bien también. 1500 juegos con mi pin y todo luce nuevo. No te preocupes amigo.

#5678 3 years ago

I added a playfield protector to ensure no craters/dimples get on my new playfield. I can always remove it later if I feel confident. Removal is much easier than putting it on

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I added a playfield protector to ensure no craters/dimples get on my new playfield. I can always remove it later if I feel confident. Removal is much easier than putting it on

Playfield divets are going to happen either way my freind. Embrace it!️‍♀️

#5680 3 years ago

Deleted

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Felicidades al club!!!!

thanks a lot!

Quoted from PeterG:

EVERY spanish Stern pinball has intalled the playfield protector. We are sooooo scared about the playfuield proof

#5682 3 years ago

I'm curious what your avaerage scores and strategies are.
Most of the time I am between 100 and 300 million, sometimes 700+ and my GC was about 1.3 Billion.
Reaching the Visitor Center is very rare for me, but this is where the points are. I only seem to get there with the T-Rex extraball.
Once i got there on ball 1 without a EB

At the first ball i try to get "C" for chaos and to lock a ball. From there i just try to capture dinos and get EB's. Fossiles happens rarely...
Control Room and T-Rex modes make me drain most of the time.

#5683 3 years ago

that's definitely what i'm looking for; tyvm. the ole fin shank! just gotta figure out the size.

#5684 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I'm curious what your avaerage scores and strategies are.
Most of the time I am between 100 and 300 million, sometimes 700+ and my GC was about 1.3 Billion.
Reaching the Visitor Center is very rare for me, but this is where the points are. I only seem to get there with the T-Rex extraball.
Once i got there on ball 1 without a EB
At the first ball i try to get "C" for chaos and to lock a ball. From there i just try to capture dinos and get EB's. Fossiles happens rarely...
Control Room and T-Rex modes make me drain most of the time.

Glad to hear...my games are also between 100-400. I never reach a highscore above 500+ Hope to get 1B sometime. Never reached visitor center.

#5685 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I have only had Invalid? show up once as the missile shot option, at the very end, and I nailed it. Is it extremely rare for this option?

It's there just about every game for me, unless I have some other mode running that it can't stack with. Not sure what the exact logic is for it appearing or not.

#5686 3 years ago
Quoted from madmack:

thanks a lot!

EVERY spanish Stern pinball has intalled the playfield protector. We are sooooo scared about the playfuield proof

Playfield protector ordered!

I hady to remove the backbox to enterthe pinball in the gameroom...

20200701_163243 (resized).jpg20200701_163243 (resized).jpg20200701_170409 (resized).jpg20200701_170409 (resized).jpg
#5687 3 years ago

After a COVID delay, followed by a USPS delay, my Tilt Topper arrived today. It really caps off the game nicely.

20200701_203846 (resized).jpg20200701_203846 (resized).jpg20200701_203707 (resized).jpg20200701_203707 (resized).jpg
#5688 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This has to be one of the biggest selling premiums so far. And I bet there are a few more runs left.

I've been looking for a LE for a couple months now and same issue as the other guy from NH. Messaged one guy within one hour of posting one of the latest LE's for sale and told me he already and a buyer. I read one of your earlier posts and I like that you basically say now or never. So with this said, I hope they make at least one more run JUL/AUG.... I won't be waiting any longer! Premium looks sweeter and sweeter by the day!

#5689 3 years ago

Has there been anything mentioned in interviews or podcasts about why the Pro is the only model with the weird logo mismatch? The dino logo does not appear on the translight and the logo that does, doesn't match the rest of the logos color scheme. Just weird to me.

#5690 3 years ago

I got mine today and I'm very pleased with it. I do have one concern and I would appreciate some input. Having heard about all the Stern playfield issues, I've looked closely at mine and there's one or two inserts with little bumps around the edges. Is this normal variation or something I should worry about?
20200701_193349 (resized).jpg20200701_193349 (resized).jpg

#5691 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Has there been anything mentioned in interviews or podcasts about why the Pro is the only model with the weird logo mismatch? The dino logo does not appear on the translight and the logo that does, doesn't match the rest of the logos color scheme. Just weird to me.

This doesn’t answer your question but I watched the movie last night and I did notice that in the opening credits the logo was kind of yellow, sort of reminiscent of the back box, though not exactly the same.

Here is a photo, it’s a little more yellow seeing in on a TV

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bb/03/56/bb0356ff5bc60a77ccb7d39623083b61.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#5692 3 years ago

Is there any sort of award for the longest possible ball without touching any sort of switch, only bouncing off of and between rubber? I feel like I may have won it tonight. Maybe just the game of pinball, maybe just being off by a hair on timing, but this game sometimes feels like it needs to break in a little, almost too tight. Just had a ton of what in basketball you call rim-f'd, and pool you'd call pocket-f'd, what looks like a perfect shot bounces between rubber 50 times before being rejected back at me. Not sure what you say in pinball! I'm learning to just turn off the machine and walk away. Some days I've got it (feel like I can't miss), but not tonight, so here I am typing about it!!

#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Is there any sort of award for the longest possible ball without touching any sort of switch, only bouncing off of and between rubber?

LOL!
Come play my ACNC. That's normal!

Quoted from Manny65:

TNA has 2 modes - co-op (all players are grouped as one) and team (players 1 & 3 are one team against players 2 & 4 as the 2nd team). Both these would be very cool on JP

Also, ACNC has this. Probably RM too. It's great!

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I got mine today and I'm very pleased with it. I do have one concern and I would appreciate some input. Having heard about all the Stern playfield issues, I've looked closely at mine and there's one or two inserts with little bumps around the edges. Is this normal variation or something I should worry about?
[quoted image]

Mine is the same way for most inserts. I’m not sure if this is “acceptable” for Stern or something they missed in QC. I reached out to my distrib and haven’t got a response yet.

#5695 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Is there any sort of award for the longest possible ball without touching any sort of switch, only bouncing off of and between rubber? I feel like I may have won it tonight.

I had the same yesterday. The dino's did not want to play with me. Even 2 balls right behind eachother missed the ramp and got a STDM. Scores not even above 100. And only 1 great game in over an hour of play. Sometimes I just want to sell my machine.......but then again, maybe it will get better another day. The day before the Ghosts of my GBLE did let me play with them to a 3B score.

#5696 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Is there any sort of award for the longest possible ball without touching any sort of switch, only bouncing off of and between rubber? I feel like I may have won it tonight. Maybe just the game of pinball, maybe just being off by a hair on timing, but this game sometimes feels like it needs to break in a little, almost too tight. Just had a ton of what in basketball you call rim-f'd, and pool you'd call pocket-f'd, what looks like a perfect shot bounces between rubber 50 times before being rejected back at me. Not sure what you say in pinball! I'm learning to just turn off the machine and walk away. Some days I've got it (feel like I can't miss), but not tonight, so here I am typing about it!!

Seems pretty normal for this game when I play it. Either I completely suck or I still
Haven’t got it dialed in.

#5697 3 years ago

Since I don’t score well I set my replay award to Extra Ball. But it doesn’t seem to always give it to me when I get to 124mil or so. Can anyone explain how these other replay related adjustments work? I don’t completely understand... before I start tinkering with them.

Adjustment 1 Replay Type? Auto, none, fixed, dynamic...

Adjust. 2 Replay percentage?

Adjust 4 Replay Levels?

Adjust 11 Replay boost?

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

Since I don’t score well I set my replay award to Extra Ball. But it doesn’t seem to always give it to me when I get to 124mil or so. Can anyone explain how these other replay related adjustments work? I don’t completely understand... before I start tinkering with them.
Adjustment 1 Replay Type? Auto, none, fixed, dynamic...
Adjust. 2 Replay percentage?
Adjust 4 Replay Levels?
Adjust 11 Replay boost?

Your replay is likely set to auto and it reflexed above 124M after you beat that score.

If you want EBs at regular score intervals, set replay to fixed score, set the score thresholds you want, and set replay to extra ball.

Adj 1: Set to fixed.
Adj 2: irrelevant - sets auto replay percentage so the game manages it. Meant for locations.
Adj 4: Set the score level(s) you want to award EB(s) at.
Adj 4: irrelevant - sets how much higher the replay boosts to upon award. Meant for lcoations.

#5699 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Your replay is likely set to auto and it reflexed above 124M after you beat that score.
If you want EBs at regular score intervals, set replay to fixed score, set the score thresholds you want, and set replay to extra ball.
Adj 2: irrelevant - sets auto replay percentage so the game manages it. Meant for locations.
Adj 4: irrelevant - sets how much higher the replay boosts to upon award. Meant for lcoations.

Thank you. Very helpful

#5700 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

So I just played a game and did not get an extra ball. Got over 100mil and no extra ball. Here are my settings. Is something incorrect?

Adj 1 Replay Type - Fixed
Adj 3 Replay award- Extra Ball
Adj 4 replay levels -3
I set them at 100mil, 300mil, 500mil
Replay Boost-Yes
Adj 17 Extra Ball Percentage-25%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,284 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/114?hl=manny65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.