(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 427.
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

... Apparently making some home made tents out of the box and sleeping in them over night. My kids have always

as lots of kids ! stuning, as the box is better than the pin !!!

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

I'm obsessing over Jurassic Park LE. Problem is they're obviously hard to get my hands on.

Here’s my premium w/ LE style powder coating, a shaker motor, mirror blades, and HD glass. It was about 2k cheaper than LEs are going for on the market these days.

If you’re new to the hobby you’re going to sell it in six months anyways, so my advice to you would be to just find a premium... leave it stock, and enjoy! The value of mods does not carry over in the slightest.

9A98984E-A4B9-4907-8886-8C5F69646E01 (resized).jpeg9A98984E-A4B9-4907-8886-8C5F69646E01 (resized).jpeg
#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here’s my premium w/ LE style powder coating, a shaker motor, mirror blades, and HD glass. It was about 2k cheaper than LEs are going for on the market these days.
If you’re new to the hobby you’re going to sell it in six months anyways, so my advice to you would be to just find a premium... leave it stock, and enjoy! The value of mods does not carry over in the slightest.[quoted image]

Thanks, this gives me the best visual for what that endeavor would look like. I will be holding onto my pins because I'm building a quality home arcade blending the pins into it. I am not a horder, but I definitely hold onto things haha.

Was there one central place you did all your mod business with?

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Need some advice. I am very new to pinball ownership. Bought my first game on here last week, Lord of the Rings.
I'm obsessing over Jurassic Park LE. Problem is they're obviously hard to get my hands on. Wondering if I bought a Premium and decked it out with shaker motor, blade graphics, and all the mods worth getting if that will be sufficient vs. the limited. I love the look of the green powder coating and the mirrored back glass.... but I'm not fully enjoying the chase for the LE. I was a week too late on a couple that were on the marketplace. Then I was contacted by a guy who was on the fence selling one, but then his wife and daughters have seemingly talked him out of it (WHAT A TEASE!)..
So, thoughts on this?

This has happened to me more than once. There are people on here that think it’s funny to jerk peoples chains. They are trolls and should be ignored

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Need some advice. I am very new to pinball ownership. Bought my first game on here last week, Lord of the Rings.
I'm obsessing over Jurassic Park LE. Problem is they're obviously hard to get my hands on. Wondering if I bought a Premium and decked it out with shaker motor, blade graphics, and all the mods worth getting if that will be sufficient vs. the limited. I love the look of the green powder coating and the mirrored back glass.... but I'm not fully enjoying the chase for the LE. I was a week too late on a couple that were on the marketplace. Then I was contacted by a guy who was on the fence selling one, but then his wife and daughters have seemingly talked him out of it (WHAT A TEASE!)..
So, thoughts on this?

My opinion is to go for the premium. I don't know if the mirrored backglass is available, but all of the other extras certainly are though for things like powdercoating you'd need to send the pieces to someone to perform the work. If funds are stopping you, then you can definitely get a shaker motor, PDI glass (or whichever brand you want), powdercoating, sideblades, and other playfield mods (the fossil sign covers from mezelmods and the raptor pit from mezelmods are excellent). You'll be spending less, getting the machine and enjoying it faster, and you can personalize how you customize your machine.

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

This has happened to me more than once. There are people on here that think it’s funny to jerk peoples chains. They are trolls and should be ignored

I think in his mind he was ready to part with it, then his kids and wife gave him grief. I just wish he didn't PM me until knowing for sure first. We went back and forth on text for a week, negotiated, he sent me pics etc.

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

My opinion is to go for the premium. I don't know if the mirrored backglass is available, but all of the other extras certainly are though for things like powdercoating you'd need to send the pieces to someone to perform the work. If funds are stopping you, then you can definitely get a shaker motor, PDI glass (or whichever brand you want), powdercoating, sideblades, and other playfield mods (the fossil sign covers from mezelmods and the raptor pit from mezelmods are excellent). You'll be spending less, getting the machine and enjoying it faster, and you can personalize how you customize your machine.

Funds aren't the issue for me. Just trying to be realistic it might be near impossible for me to get an LE anytime soon and weighing other options vs spending hours scowering the internet every day. Appreciate the advice, might end up going this way..

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

I think in his mind he was ready to part with it, then his kids and wife gave him grief. I just wish he didn't PM me until knowing for sure first. We went back and forth on text for a week, negotiated, he sent me pics etc.

Then pass on it and get a Premium. Same game underneath all the glam. Like the others have said, you could still glam it up, just don't expect 100% return on the the mods you put on it.

#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Wondering if I bought a Premium and decked it out with shaker motor, blade graphics, and all the mods worth getting if that will be sufficient vs. the limited.

Premium is my favorite art package of the three, and I wasn't a fan of the green hardware, so premium was a no-brainer for me. It's so great & immersive when you're playing it that any LE vs. premium concerns will melt away in the lava of Isla Nublar.

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Just trying to be realistic it might be near impossible for me to get an LE anytime soon and weighing other options vs spending hours scowering the internet every day.

Every day spent waiting is one day not spent playing. Life is short. If you can get a premium today, pull the trigger.

#5511 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Every day spent waiting is one day not spent playing. Life is short. If you can get a premium today, pull the trigger.

I think most distributors are sold out of premiums till Late July / Aug. At least JJ is.

#5512 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Thanks, this gives me the best visual for what that endeavor would look like. I will be holding onto my pins because I'm building a quality home arcade blending the pins into it. I am not a horder, but I definitely hold onto things haha.
Was there one central place you did all your mod business with?

I haven’t used him, but I’ve seen his mod-work and they always look amazing.

https://mipinballrefinery.com/

Might be worth getting a premium and giving it a dress up job.

#5513 3 years ago

Hello all, proud owner of a JP Premium. Had it for about a month, but finally have given it the time it deserves. Bought it at the same time as a JJ POTC, and somehow got dragged into mastering (to the best of my amateur skills would allow) it first. So moving over to JP, it is a totally different play style, much faster and initially didn't seem as deep, but as I get further into it, could be wrong about that assessment.

My first comment is that I got my high score before I had any idea what the rules were, just stacking multi-balls and keeping balls from draining. Building back up to that score (360M, which I know isn't great) setting and completing modes (paddocks), and know that eventually that will get me much further along.

That said, the game is driving me nuts with fast outlane drains that I can't seem to figure out what sort of nudge will save me. Maybe it's just pinball (and that's a fair answer, I'll still play!), but would love to hear that there is a nudging strategy for those outlanes. It's like the inlane post is higher, so once it gets past that, pretty much hosed a good majority of the time.

The other odd thing that has been happening, ever few plunges, the ball sticks/hangs in the little loop above the right inlane where the ball comes down. Im thinking it might just be one of the balls in the rotation, either magnetized or possibly even a little bigger? Assuming magnetized because it never happened before.

Anyway, would love to have any pointers to strategy guides or videos or comments on what will allow me to get the best scoring (did determine that the control room modes are good and big points), finally hit a smart missile and that was pretty huge, and made it about halfway up the map. The videos that I found are just about the rules more or less, not strategies to score well.

Back at it!

Thanks all

#5514 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Hello all, proud owner of a JP Premium. Had it for about a month, but finally have given it the time it deserves. Bought it at the same time as a JJ POTC, and somehow got dragged into mastering (to the best of my amateur skills would allow) it first. So moving over to JP, it is a totally different play style, much faster and initially didn't seem as deep, but as I get further into it, could be wrong about that assessment.
My first comment is that I got my high score before I had any idea what the rules were, just stacking multi-balls and keeping balls from draining. Building back up to that score (360M, which I know isn't great) setting and completing modes (paddocks), and know that eventually that will get me much further along.
That said, the game is driving me nuts with fast outlane drains that I can't seem to figure out what sort of nudge will save me. Maybe it's just pinball (and that's a fair answer, I'll still play!), but would love to hear that there is a nudging strategy for those outlanes. It's like the inlane post is higher, so once it gets past that, pretty much hosed a good majority of the time.
The other odd thing that has been happening, ever few plunges, the ball sticks/hangs in the little loop above the right inlane where the ball comes down. Im thinking it might just be one of the balls in the rotation, either magnetized or possibly even a little bigger? Assuming magnetized because it never happened before.
Anyway, would love to have any pointers to strategy guides or videos or comments on what will allow me to get the best scoring (did determine that the control room modes are good and big points), finally hit a smart missile and that was pretty huge, and made it about halfway up the map. The videos that I found are just about the rules more or less, not strategies to score well.
Back at it!
Thanks all

Just curious, since you have POTC JJP and JP Premium, which do you like better? I just got my JP Premium Monday and love it so far. Not planning on adding POTC given the cost. Maybe if JJP decided to make more but not at current price points.

#5515 3 years ago

I just received my Premium Monday and purchased a shaker with it. The instructions included with the shaker don't match up with the equipment I was sent, though (see attached picture).

I looked up some Spike 2 shaker install instructions online. Does the capacitor plug into CN14 on the board and the blue/red long wire 5 pin connector go into CN16?

If someone has the correct install directions for a Stern Spike2/JP shaker they can post, Id be very appreciative.

20200615_202036 (resized).jpg20200615_202036 (resized).jpg
#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Best advice is to keep the ball from heading to the outlanes in the first place. Practice making shots, try to set things up so you can collect multiple awards from the difficult shots (O) to minimize attempts at them. Don't always flip at balls coming past the upper flipper if there's nothing lit on the tower or upper loop... misses introduce side to side action, and you can usually gain control of the ball on the lower flippers if you let it pass. The spitter shot is relatively easy to make and misses are forgiving;, try to setup dino captures here and use it as a safety shot for out of control balls.

Left outlane save is critical - if its not lit, shoot the spitter until you get a dribble into the pops.. this lites "lite escape" target. Shoot this target anytime its lit as left outlane drains are very common.

Don't be afraid to loosen the tilt liberally as well

#5517 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Funds aren't the issue for me. Just trying to be realistic it might be near impossible for me to get an LE anytime soon and weighing other options vs spending hours scowering the internet every day. Appreciate the advice, might end up going this way..

Just keep searching mate, if you are set on owning an LE, something will come up. Some people are happy with the premium as it is a beautiful machine, others like or must have a Limited edition one. If you go with the premium and modding it, I’d definitely not got down the route of trying to make it look like the LE with green, etc. I’ve seen someone Here on pinside who did an awesome job and powder coated it candy orange and looked amazing, as good as the LE and only thin it didn’t have was mirrored back glass and LE plaque.

Enjoy the search!

#5518 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Don't always flip at balls coming past the upper flipper

Blasphemy! Tower shots for life!

#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Just keep searching mate, if you are set on owning an LE, something will come up. Some people are happy with the premium as it is a beautiful machine, others like or must have a Limited edition one. If you go with the premium and modding it, I’d definitely not got down the route of trying to make it look like the LE with green, etc. I’ve seen someone Here on pinside who did an awesome job and powder coated it candy orange and looked amazing, as good as the LE and only thin it didn’t have was mirrored back glass and LE plaque.
Enjoy the search!

Thanks, was wondering if there were other powder options/experiences with Premium because I wasn't sure about the green on a Prem.

#5520 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Put up a wanted ad for an LE. If funds are truly not an issue someone will let theirs go for a price.

#5521 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

So, thoughts on this?

Get a NIB Premium. I just bought one last week and its absolutely perfect! No signs of the playfield issues of last year. My favorite art package of the 3 models as well. If you want to powdercoat and add pdi glass you can always do that. The guy who owns this one has the right idea!

a2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpega2e37a651941b80cf648adc1cb6e9cf50ed8bf5e (resized).jpeg
#5522 3 years ago

If I went the powder coat route on the Premium, I'd stick with black. It looks better with the cabinetb then either green or orange IMO.

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

The value of mods does not carry over in the slightest.[quoted image]

Quoted from FatPanda:

just don't expect 100% return on the the mods you put on it.

Except the Stern JP topper.

Who throws a shoe? Really!?Who throws a shoe? Really!?

#5524 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Get a NIB Premium. I just bought one last week and its absolutely perfect! No signs of the playfield issues of last year. My favorite art package of the 3 models as well. If you want to powdercoat and add pdi glass you can always do that. The guy who owns this one has the right idea![quoted image]

Hot dang I like this look a lot! I'm a newbie so what is PDI glass?

#5525 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Put up a wanted ad for an LE. If funds are truly not an issue someone will let theirs go for a price.

Thanks. Did that about a week ago and holding out hope

#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Hot dang I like this look a lot! I'm a newbie so what is PDI glass?

http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html

PDI is regarded as the best but Stern also sells their own non reflective glass as well for a bit less.

#5527 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

http://pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html
PDI is regarded as the best but Stern also sells their own non reflective glass as well for a bit less.

Woah! Super noticeable. Will this glass fit a standard pinball? Wondering for my Lord of the Rings as well. They have a standard and a wide body.

Also, where did you grab the premium with orange powder coat pic from? I need to contact the guy who did it and get details on who he used.

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Woah! Super noticeable. Will this glass fit a standard pinball? Wondering for my Lord of the Rings as well. They have a standard and a wide body.
Also, where did you grab the premium with orange powder coat pic from? I need to contact the guy who did it and get details on who he used.

A Pinsider named Vitty owns the game and posted it in the Premium/LE JP thread. But yes the glass will fit in any standard pinball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=vitty

#5529 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

A Pinsider named Vitty owns the game and posted it in the Premium/LE JP thread. But yes the glass will fit in any standard pinball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club?tu=vitty

Thanks so much for all of your help

#5530 3 years ago

Got things dialed in tonight and was able to play about a dozen games with the family. Crazy fun game. One game I'll get 20 million and the next 400 million. Ended on a good note though.

I'll say this has been my best NIB game since my AC/DC quality wise. Nice PF and everything worked out of the box. Just tweaked a couple things to make it smoother.

20200617_213132 (resized).jpg20200617_213132 (resized).jpg
#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Got things dialed in tonight and was able to play about a dozen games with the family. Crazy fun game. One game I'll get 20 million and the next 400 million. Ended on a good note though.
I'll say this has been my best NIB game since my AC/DC quality wise. Nice PF and everything worked out of the box. Just tweaked a couple things to make it smoother.
[quoted image]

Congrats! Was yours also built on 6/05? I know I was in the same batch as you and my game also seems amazing quality wise and plays perfectly after tweaking the launch ramp. Spinner shot was even dialed in from the factory and T-Rex grabs almost everything.

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Best advice is to keep the ball from heading to the outlanes in the first place. Practice making shots, try to set things up so you can collect multiple awards from the difficult shots (O) to minimize attempts at them. Don't always flip at balls coming past the upper flipper if there's nothing lit on the tower or upper loop... misses introduce side to side action, and you can usually gain control of the ball on the lower flippers if you let it pass. The spitter shot is relatively easy to make and misses are forgiving;, try to setup dino captures here and use it as a safety shot for out of control balls.
Left outlane save is critical - if its not lit, shoot the spitter until you get a dribble into the pops.. this lites "lite escape" target. Shoot this target anytime its lit as left outlane drains are very common.

Great advice thank you!

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from jsitaly42:

Contact Robertstone0407 here on pinside. Look at his thread "powdercoat your pinball". I believe he did the JP in question, and many others. He does great work.

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, since you have POTC JJP and JP Premium, which do you like better? I just got my JP Premium Monday and love it so far. Not planning on adding POTC given the cost. Maybe if JJP decided to make more but not at current price points.

It’s really great, but feels like slow motion (widebody) after playing Jurassic Park. Rules are very deep, so the learning curve is pretty steep, to me it would be a terrible game for location where you’d have to pay to learn. There are so many variations of gameplay that it really does keep you coming back wanting more. I’m still learning but took a break for some JP. If I had to choose to keep one (at this point in time), I’d lean towards pirates. For the first week i owned both, I liked JP better (Much easier to pickup and play and make cool things happen) and almost forced myself to play Pirates. But when I got hooked, it was all over. If you played NES, I’d compare JP to Super Mario Brothers, and POTC to,Zelda. Both amazing, but in their own ways. As I started this thread off with, I haven’t really figured out JP (like always knowing where my next shot has to go without looking around) so my opinion could obviously change as I do.

Hope this helps!

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Contact Robertstone0407 here on pinside. Look at his thread "powdercoat your pinball". I believe he did the JP in question, and many others. He does great work.

Thank you!

#5536 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Thanks all

First I removed the tilt completely. So ths\is thing will get a beating I have also very frustrating cheap drains on the right side for the most. Been testing with different posts there but nothing good so far.
The main issue with this machine is the code. And everybody says they love the code but for a mediocre player this is a hell. Not getting to time out a paddock or get it auto finished after ball loss is in my eyes a miss. It can be an easy setting in the code like on GB. Now I will be sometimes stuck in a paddock for 2-3 balls and not progressing anywhere, which is frustrating. Also the code in this way is very lineair. Since the modes on the island are all the same and you will play them al lot. I am still trying to dail-in my machine, so no SDTM drains from the control room. And trying to get the side drains to controllable level.
Maybe I need to learn to play it, maybe this is not my machine? But had this same experience with CFTBL, first I really thought I bought the wrong machine, now I love it and know how to play and know what to expect from the ball.
It will keep me getting back for more, since my high score is really not that good yet. It all still needs to come together.

#5537 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

First I removed the tilt completely. So ths\is thing will get a beating I have also very frustrating cheap drains on the right side for the most. Been testing with different posts there but nothing good so far.
The main issue with this machine is the code. And everybody says they love the code but for a mediocre player this is a hell. Not getting to time out a paddock or get it auto finished after ball loss is in my eyes a miss. It can be an easy setting in the code like on GB. Now I will be sometimes stuck in a paddock for 2-3 balls and not progressing anywhere, which is frustrating. Also the code in this way is very lineair. Since the modes on the island are all the same and you will play them al lot. I am still trying to dail-in my machine, so no SDTM drains from the control room. And trying to get the side drains to controllable level.
Maybe I need to learn to play it, maybe this is not my machine? But had this same experience with CFTBL, first I really thought I bought the wrong machine, now I love it and know how to play and know what to expect from the ball.
It will keep me getting back for more, since my high score is really not that good yet. It all still needs to come together.

You can time out a paddock. Once all of the workers have been eaten/trampled by the dino, the dino then 'escapes' and you get to start a new paddock (by spelling MAP).

During this time you can work on TRex (truck modes), progressing towards either CHAOS or Raptor MB, loops, tower shots, Secure room modes.

There is more to the game than paddocks, even the paddocks don't have to follow the same route each game, you can change your route by hitting the Truck.

I would say even for a mediocre player there is plenty to do - for a poor player maybe less so

Each to their own I suppose, but there's a reason that the majority of people think the code is awesome.

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

You can time out a paddock. Once all of the workers have been eaten/trampled by the dino, the dino then 'escapes' and you get to start a new paddock (by spelling MAP).
During this time you can work on TRex (truck modes), progressing towards either CHAOS or Raptor MB, loops, tower shots, Secure room modes.
There is more to the game than paddocks, even the paddocks don't have to follow the same route each game, you can change your route by hitting the Truck.
I would say even for a mediocre player there is plenty to do - for a poor player maybe less so
Each to their own I suppose, but there's a reason that the majority of people think the code is awesome.

Besides all that, which I completely agree with, I have to address the comment that all the paddocks are the same. That's completely untrue. There are distinct differences in how the dinosaurs behave (speed, direction of travel, hunting in pairs, etc...and they are brilliantly associated with the type of dinosaur they are). Different numbers of rescues are required. The capture mechanism gets more difficult as you go (starting with either capture switch and no helipad, to both switches, to both plus the helipad, to both needed in the right order plus the helipad, etc). The amount of time you have to capture them decreases, etc. Each paddock definitely feels different, and there is quite a bit of strategy involved with which path you take through them, which will have ramifications through the rest of the game (not to mention it will affect Escape Nublar should you get that far).

I do understand some of the comments about the game being linear, with only two possible paddocks available at first and they can be difficult to progress through. But once you get some of the shots and strategy down, the game really opens up many different paths and ways to play. Plus, as it was said above, you can ignore the paddocks altogether and still have PLENTY of things to do. Remove the paddocks and this game is still deeper than many popular games!

#5539 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats! Was yours also built on 6/05? I know I was in the same batch as you and my game also seems amazing quality wise and plays perfectly after tweaking the launch ramp. Spinner shot was even dialed in from the factory and T-Rex grabs almost everything.

Yes, 6/05 is my games build date as well. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was super nervous getting one of the first games built after the factory re-opened but it seems to have worked out.

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Now I will be sometimes stuck in a paddock for 2-3 balls and not progressing anywhere, which is frustrating.

If you're getting stuck you can try changing the different modes to easy in the settings. I believe this gives more shot opportunities than just the harder ramps. I'm still enjoying the challenge in normal and don't want to mix up scores with easy and medium settings.

I did however change the outlines to the lower / easier setting. The right post is a PAIN since it's threaded and a socket doesn't fit in there easily. You will have to disassemble some things around the helicopter.

#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, 6/05 is my games build date as well. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was super nervous getting one of the first games built after the factory re-opened but it seems to have worked out.

I am in the club. JP Premium latest run being delivered today to my home. Omg man.

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That was great advice about chilling on the upper flipper. I still have not mastered the tower or upper loop, so I get a bunch of bounce backs, creating lateral motion towards those outlanes. Tried leaving it alone, and just got my high score, 460M. Baby steps....

#5543 3 years ago

This has to be one of the biggest selling premiums so far. And I bet there are a few more runs left.

#5544 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

That was great advice about chilling on the upper flipper.

BOO!

#TeamTower will have you back any time

#5545 3 years ago

Yea, tower shots are important for progress.. as you learn the game's geometry and get better at right outlane saves, start taking more cracks at it.

#5546 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am in the club. JP Premium latest run being delivered today to my home. Omg man.

Good to hear! I know you’ve been on the fence for a NIB for a long time.

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Good to hear! I know you’ve been on the fence for a NIB for a long time.

Thanks.

It’s not being delivered till tomorrow now.

E2B92509-6FDE-415A-A176-43E11C903051 (resized).jpegE2B92509-6FDE-415A-A176-43E11C903051 (resized).jpeg
#5548 3 years ago

$30 Jurassic Park Pro Velociraptor replacement with no wiring or additional modifications.

I know there are other mods out there that are around $45 to replace the plastic art Velociraptor with a figure on the Pro model. But that raptor is Blue from Jurassic World... Not Jurassic Park. I did some looking online and happened to find a great alternative for only $30 by using the Jurassic Park Amber Collection Velociraptor figure. It is a lot bigger than I would like, but it fits well into the machine and best of all, no modification is needed to make it work other than remove the default raptor plastic that is there.

The base that comes with the Amber collection figure actually fits great between the plastics and holds the figure in place. Best of all, the amber is transparent so when the flasher behind the raptor figure flashes it now lights up in an amber glow and illuminates the raptor from below.

Overall this was a very easy install, is true to the Jurassic Park skin coloring of the raptors, figure is posable however you want, and it was only $30. Here are some pictures from when I put it in. Also you can see the JP Matchbox cars I put in as well since I had those lying around.

In a few weeks the Amber collection will have a Dilophosaurus which comes with an East Dock sign... so if that is also around $30 that would be a great way to give the Dilo some love more than just the spinner art on the playfield and the East Dock sign into the machine as well. But the install I'm sure on those will be more involved to secure them depending on where they will fit.

20200618_193759 (resized).jpg20200618_193759 (resized).jpg20200618_193746 (resized).jpg20200618_193746 (resized).jpg20200618_192404 (resized).jpg20200618_192404 (resized).jpg20200618_192438 (resized).jpg20200618_192438 (resized).jpg
#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from WedgeTheJedi:

$30 Jurassic Park Pro Velociraptor replacement with no wiring or additional modifications.
I know there are other mods out there that are around $45 to replace the plastic art Velociraptor with a figure on the Pro model. But that raptor is Blue from Jurassic World... Not Jurassic Park. I did some looking online and happened to find a great alternative for only $30 by using the Jurassic Park Amber Collection Velociraptor figure. It is a lot bigger than I would like, but it fits well into the machine and best of all, no modification is needed to make it work other than remove the default raptor plastic that is there.
The base that comes with the Amber collection figure actually fits great between the plastics and holds the figure in place. Best of all, the amber is transparent so when the flasher behind the raptor figure flashes it now lights up in an amber glow and illuminates the raptor from below.
Overall this was a very easy install, is true to the Jurassic Park skin coloring of the raptors, figure is posable however you want, and it was only $30. Here are some pictures from when I put it in. Also you can see the JP Matchbox cars I put in as well since I had those lying around.
In a few weeks the Amber collection will have a Dilophosaurus which comes with an East Dock sign... so if that is also around $30 that would be a great way to give the Dilo some love more than just the spinner art on the playfield and the East Dock sign into the machine as well. But the install I'm sure on those will be more involved to secure them depending on where they will fit.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That amber base makes it look like factory but you're right it's just a little too big, but an improvement nevertheless.

#5550 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

This has to be one of the biggest selling premiums so far. And I bet there are a few more runs left.

My guess is they’ll be making JP for another 1-2 years, right? Guessing it is their current best seller by a wide margin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,306 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.