(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 minutes ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 426.
#5451 3 years ago

I guess you watched this new vídeo...

Its enough to buy this pinball... amaaaaazing!!! JP3 has everything

#5452 3 years ago

Stern topper or tilttopper?

#5453 3 years ago

Can anybody give me ideas about how to fix the (non) spinning jeep? I looked through the thread and tried a few things, but the mechanism seems to bind and have a mind of its own.

It's the first NIB Stern that I have had to adjust a ton to get it to play properly. If the game wasn't so damn addicting...

#5454 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Can anybody give me ideas about how to fix the (non) spinning jeep? I looked through the thread and tried a few things, but the mechanism seems to bind and have a mind of its own.
It's the first NIB Stern that I have had to adjust a ton to get it to play properly. If the game wasn't so damn addicting...

This is one of the key posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/106#post-5683784

#5455 3 years ago

You are correct. I only went through the first 47 pages of the thread.

Thanks for the response!

#5456 3 years ago

Anyone knows a save way to shoot the ESCAPE target? i often get direct right outlane bounces.

#5457 3 years ago

Thanks ectobar for the help. I pulled the mech apart and put a light coating of silicon lubricant. I had already taken the thing apart 3 other times and was super frustrated with the game.

I can now get T-REX multiball in every game I play which was impossible before.

#5458 3 years ago

Joined the premium club! Born on June 2nd!

01F59171-CC89-4A37-A4D1-689C627500E3 (resized).jpeg01F59171-CC89-4A37-A4D1-689C627500E3 (resized).jpeg
#5459 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Spoke to someone at Stern, and they have confirmed that red flippers should only be on LE games, and also, that the pitch of the game should be at 6.5.
I know people say KME says 7.0, but directly from Stern, they're still saying 6.5, which makes things more confusing

Not sure why the debate/confusion. The game designer has personally said repeatedly that the game was designed and play as intended at 7 degrees. I'm listening to him over anyone else at Stern.

#5460 3 years ago

I didnt realize someone had made that a key post. NICE!! It did need to be there.

#5461 3 years ago

What’s this about red flippers?

Quoted from 85vett:

Not sure why the debate/confusion. The game designer has personally said repeatedly that the game was designed and play as intended at 7 degrees. I'm listening to him over anyone else at Stern.

#5462 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The JP has a high Pf angle and a low Pf angle from reports and my experience. So 7 deg isn’t an answer without where it’s measured at. The difference between 6.5 and 7 is significant as I’ve tried both. I tried to settle in the middle

#5463 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Spoke to someone at Stern, and they have confirmed that red flippers should only be on LE games, and also, that the pitch of the game should be at 6.5.
I know people say KME says 7.0, but directly from Stern, they're still saying 6.5, which makes things more confusing, like the fact that red flippers should only be on LE models, yet, other models still get them.

I spoke to Mike Vinikour at the Houston Arcade Expo recently and he said it was designed for 7.0 degrees.

#5464 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

What’s this about red flippers?

What about red flippers? Prem and Le were made with red but nobody usually keeps stock flippers or post sleevs.

#5465 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I spoke to Mike Vinikour at the Houston Arcade Expo recently and he said it was designed for 7.0 degrees.

At what point in the pf? Keith said 7 but no relation to top or bottom

#5466 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

PF's are meant to be straight (ie no bowed), so the angle should be the same regardless of where it is taken; however some PFs can bow simply due to the weight and position of components hanging off them. Note the wooden rails on the PF provide structural support to help keep the PF straight. Keith has designed the game at 7 degrees and would assume that the PF is straight.

So I think the question should be, if your PF isn't perfectly straight, where is it best place to set the angle? My answer would be that every game is different and you'll need to experiment a little, whether you start off with an average of the top & bottom but regardless just make sure that you are consistent where/how you measure your angle (so that if you ever move your game, you know how to set it up without have to play around again with the angles). Hope this helps.

#5467 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

With my 2 machines, if you set a degree at the flippers, the upper playfield will be slightly greater...as much as .1 to .3 higher...I set 7 at the flippers, and then I play the game and adjust lower until I'm not getting cheap drains and crazy sling launches into the outlanes...this game is very sensitive but it also depends on your specific game...

Here's how I dialed mine in...I set 7.0 at the flippers, which translated to about 7.15-7.2 at the extreme upper playfield. I was getting great shots but the game was brutal with tons of unrecoverable shots to the outlanes. I gave the back casters about 6 half turns and lowered the angle... and for me that is the sweet spot...Re measuring, I was at 7.0 in the dead center, 7.1 upper and fluctuating 6.9 - 6.95 at the flippers...your really have to experiment. Almost immediately following those dialed in angles, all the lanes flowed perfectly...and I made it to King of the Island MB and literally one shot away from the Visitor center and a high score over 750 mil 2 x's in a row

To make it easy, you could just start with 7.0 in the center and go from there, but I assume since Stern ships all their bubble levels, down toward the flippers, I would guess they mean to take the measurement at the flippers

#5468 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Thanks ectobar for the help. I pulled the mech apart and put a light coating of silicon lubricant. I had already taken the thing apart 3 other times and was super frustrated with the game.
I can now get T-REX multiball in every game I play which was impossible before.

Recently discovered the sticky myself. It makes a night and day difference in the game. I can’t tell you how long I played before realizing the Jeep wasn’t fully spinning around.

#5469 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just wondering if others who have set the game at 7 degrees, show the leveling bubble to be slightly out of the tick marks on the high side? If you went by the bubble, it would be more in the 6.3-6.7 range for me.

#5470 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Just wondering if others who have set the game at 7 degrees, show the leveling bubble to be slightly out of the tick marks on the high side? If you went by the bubble, it would be more in the 6.3-6.7 range for me.

Yes, 7.0 degrees would be outside of the middle tick marks. And never go by the bubble. It is a rough estimate at best. Get a digital level or a phone app and measure pitch on the playfield.

Quoted from 85vett:

As for the 6.5 to 7.0 confusion, 6.5 seems to be the standard that you should pitch Stern games at, but designers sometimes design for the pitch being steeper, like Gomez on Deadpool and Keith on JP.

I really wish Stern would start releasing "designer notes" for new pins. Guidelines on the recommended pitch, descriptions on where the designer intended balls to hit when coming out of orbits, scoops, etc. and instructions on how to adjust scoops and guides to get the game to play the way they intended. Would make tweaking a lot easier.

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Yes, 7.0 degrees would be outside of the middle tick marks. And never go by the bubble. It is a rough estimate at best. Get a digital level or a phone app and measure pitch on the playfield.

As for the 6.5 to 7.0 confusion, 6.5 seems to be the standard that you should pitch Stern games at, but designers sometimes design for the pitch being steeper, like Gomez on Deadpool and Keith on JP.
I really wish Stern would start releasing "designer notes" for new pins. Guidelines on the recommended pitch, descriptions on where the designer intended balls to hit when coming out of orbits, scoops, etc. and instructions on how to adjust scoops and guides to get the game to play the way they intended. Would make tweaking a lot easier.

Love that notes idea

#5472 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

Of all the cost savings measures Stern has done over the years, I can't for the life of me figure out why they still include bubble levels. They are rarely correct, and do nothing but confuse newer owners. Never, ever trust the bubble.

#5473 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Of all the cost savings measures Stern has done over the years, I can't for the life of me figure out why they still include bubble levels. They are rarely correct, and do nothing but confuse newer owners. Never, ever trust the bubble.

Also Kaneda is confused by the bubble levels haha

#5474 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

AccuMASTER 2-in 1 Magnetic Digital Level and Angle Finder / Inclinometer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0148M7P4O/

best $27.25 I've spent on pinball...

#5475 3 years ago

Modfather shooter couple leds i had lying around

830C86AA-4EF8-4CC9-BC1D-1108B5DB3A47 (resized).jpeg830C86AA-4EF8-4CC9-BC1D-1108B5DB3A47 (resized).jpegAE5368E6-7999-492B-AEF6-A8D01FBDFAF4 (resized).jpegAE5368E6-7999-492B-AEF6-A8D01FBDFAF4 (resized).jpegC4003DF4-8D69-4D71-A36A-794FC7BD0C65 (resized).jpegC4003DF4-8D69-4D71-A36A-794FC7BD0C65 (resized).jpeg
#5476 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Any diy details on how you did it. I have the shooter but not the lights. Thanks.

#5477 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Looks great. Any diy details on how you did it. I have the shooter but not the lights. Thanks.

I just copied stern on the shooter plate by pics on this thread heres a link on some lights that will work just tye into the gi somewhere im tying mine into the amber light ebay.com link: itm

#5478 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

With my 2 machines, if you set a degree at the flippers, the upper playfield will be slightly greater...as much as .1 to .3 higher...I set 7 at the flippers, and then I play the game and adjust lower until I'm not getting cheap drains and crazy sling launches into the outlanes...this game is very sensitive but it also depends on your specific game...
Here's how I dialed mine in...I set 7.0 at the flippers, which translated to about 7.15-7.2 at the extreme upper playfield. I was getting great shots but the game was brutal with tons of unrecoverable shots to the outlanes. I gave the back casters about 6 half turns and lowered the angle... and for me that is the sweet spot...Re measuring, I was at 7.0 in the dead center, 7.1 upper and fluctuating 6.9 - 6.95 at the flippers...your really have to experiment. Almost immediately following those dialed in angles, all the lanes flowed perfectly...and I made it to King of the Island MB and literally one shot away from the Visitor center and a high score over 750 mil 2 x's in a row
To make it easy, you could just start with 7.0 in the center and go from there, but I assume since Stern ships all their bubble levels, down toward the flippers, I would guess they mean to take the measurement at the flippers

I found this same adjustment worked the best for my JP3

#5479 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your camera is amazing!

#5480 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Your camera is amazing!

a smartphone can do that!

#5481 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

I just copied stern on the shooter plate by pics on this thread heres a link on some lights that will work just tye into the gi somewhere im tying mine into the amber light ebay.com link

Do you know what size holes you drilled. Thanks.

#5482 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Do you know what size holes you drilled. Thanks.

When you have your lights just take a drill bit and find one thats 3m drill into a peice of plastic u have lying around to make sure the bulb is a tight fit then drill your holes into the shooter plate

#5483 3 years ago

After 6 months of waiting look what finally made it today I tell you what though. My daughter had better know how much I love her though as I wont be able to set it up tonight since she has a softball scrimmage tonight. Some things are more important than pinball but that's testing it!

JP (resized).jpgJP (resized).jpg
#5484 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Some things are more important than pinball but that's testing it!

You sir, are a saint!

#5485 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You sir, are a saint!

I had a meeting cancel this PM so I was able to at least unbox it to check things out. Not enough time to get upstairs and set up but enough to at least make sure all looked good. She couldn't wait either and helped. Here is a cool thing I noticed. Real wood bottom of the cab. Wonder if that is a permanent change for Stern.

Looking forward to getting it upstairs and set up to play.

4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I had a meeting cancel this PM so I was able to at least unbox it to check things out. Not enough time to get upstairs and set up but enough to at least make sure all looked good. She couldn't wait either and helped. Here is a cool thing I noticed. Real wood bottom of the cab. Wonder if that is a permanent change for Stern.
Looking forward to getting it upstairs and set up to play.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I believe so Munsters wood base is the same.

#5487 3 years ago

That change was made over a year ago.

#5488 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

That change was made over a year ago.

Wow, talk about being under a rock I just got my Deadpool in Feb of this year so I must have got an old left over cab.

#5489 3 years ago

Hey! I just received mine tonight. The ball seems to be able to make it through the pop bumper gate instead of rolling over to the right orbit. Is this common and what is the normal fix?

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Wow, talk about being under a rock I just got my Deadpool in Feb of this year so I must have got an old left over cab.

My Deadpool was a May, 2919 build and had the new cab.

#5491 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

Hey! I just received mine tonight. The ball seems to be able to make it through the pop bumper gate instead of rolling over to the right orbit. Is this common and what is the normal fix?

Per the designer, this is normal and intended.

#5492 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

In my experience it depends on ball speed. Shots up the middle from bottom flippers usually roll into the pop bumpers but can go all the way through to the right. Shots to left orbit from upper flipper roll through to the right.

#5493 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

My Deadpool was a May, 2919 build and had the new cab.

Almost 900 years in the future and Stern is still having Quality Control issues .

#5494 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

If the ball occasionally rolls backwards through the gate (rarely) , that's normal. The ball should NOT roll backwards through the gate freely. Mine has only done it a handful of times in hundreds of plays. It only gets under the gate when the ball starts going crazy in the pops and catches a rare bounce when the gate has bounced up, if that makes sense.

#5495 3 years ago
Quoted from JellyNeck:

The ball seems to be able to make it through the pop bumper gate instead of rolling over to the right orbit. Is this common and what is the normal fix?

There is a fix but I worked late and had two beers so I don't think I can explain it.

#5496 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If the ball occasionally rolls backwards through the gate (rarely) , that's normal. The ball should NOT roll backwards through the gate freely. Mine has only done it a handful of times in hundreds of plays. It only gets under the gate when the ball starts going crazy in the pops and catches a rare bounce when the gate has bounced up, if that makes sense.

Agreed.

#5497 3 years ago

Just discovered Invalid over the weekend. I legit thought it was a glitch in the code so I never chose it during smart missile.... lol. So I finally said hell with it lets see if it breaks the machine... Needless to say, amazingly fun multiball!

#5498 3 years ago

Got my game set up last night after my daughters softball scrimmage. My wife was a trooper as both of our kids were begging to play. As such we stayed up late and got the game upstairs and set-up for play. Got a couple of games in and I was impressed with how it played without dialing anything in. Everything worked properly, while I do want to dial in a few things for smoother play.

You know what is more fun that JP pinball? Apparently making some home made tents out of the box and sleeping in them over night. My kids have always enjoyed the boxes but this one takes the cake as they were still in them this morning when I woke up.

P.S. - We wont talk about the mess they crated making this

6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg
#5499 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

There is a fix but I worked late and had two beers so I don't think I can explain it.

post #4084

#5500 3 years ago

Need some advice. I am very new to pinball ownership. Bought my first game on here last week, Lord of the Rings.
I'm obsessing over Jurassic Park LE. Problem is they're obviously hard to get my hands on. Wondering if I bought a Premium and decked it out with shaker motor, blade graphics, and all the mods worth getting if that will be sufficient vs. the limited. I love the look of the green powder coating and the mirrored back glass.... but I'm not fully enjoying the chase for the LE. I was a week too late on a couple that were on the marketplace. Then I was contacted by a guy who was on the fence selling one, but then his wife and daughters have seemingly talked him out of it (WHAT A TEASE!)..

So, thoughts on this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

13,200 (OBO)
$ 12,999.99
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/110?hl=madmack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.