(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,268 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG
IMG_3560 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 426.
#451 4 years ago

Talked to our distributor, and they to Stem. Stern's quality assurance agrees that this is not good and a new play field should be on the way shortly.

IMG_20190822_151618 (resized).jpgIMG_20190822_151618 (resized).jpgIMG_20190822_151628 (resized).jpgIMG_20190822_151628 (resized).jpg
#452 4 years ago

I was really hoping that the playfield problems were behind us but it looks like that isn't the case unfortunately. Can you imagine how many sales that Stern and JJP are losing because of this? I hope they get this figured out soon.

#453 4 years ago

I attended Trent’s event today. I actually arrived before it started and he was kind enough to let me play all of the games I wanted. I was the first to play one of two JP pros. There was no clear coat pooling at the slings but were sporting metal washers. The game played great with the new code; darn smooth.

#454 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I'm probably in for a Premium. I stopped by Game Exchange today after work, I played a few games, it's been in their showroom for four days now and look what I saw. I'm going to hold off on my purchase till this problem is fixed! The third pic was loaded by accident LOL.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was the distributor already aware of the issue?
Elwin has posted here so imagine Stern must know by now.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Was the distributor already aware of the issue?
Elwin has posted here so imagine Stern must know by now.

No, I pointed it out to the sales representative when I saw it and he went to the boss.

#456 4 years ago

I'm just bummed because I haven't received mine yet. Ordered it the first day it came out. I'm just excited, supposed to be here Wednesday.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Stern must know by now.

I'd guess so since people have reported unboxing games with washers in place and one pinsider has already been promised a replacement playfield after his distributor talked to Stern (post #451 above)

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The other is 2) the short plunge itself.

Check the plunger rod alignment. Make sure it's hitting the center of the ball.

#459 4 years ago

I do finishes for a living. It look to me that Stern is simply not allowing the clear coat to cure properly before assembling the playfield.

#460 4 years ago

Received my game yesterday. I too have washers under my star posts.

Literally never paid any attention until reading in this thread.

I don’t see any visible pooling or other issues. I’m guessing some defects are beneath the washers. Truthfully I’m not even all that concerned about it.

Had it shown visible signs of damage I probably would have been. I suppose on the future problems could arise but for now I’ll just monitor it.

The summer after highschool I worked in an RV factory while waiting to begin college. The shit I saw in that industry was nuts. Just covering up shit work with shit materials and hoping it holds itself together long enough for someone to buy it.

Hell I even heard stories of units that happened been sold sit in a storage lot for a year only to be rebadged as a custom unit and the date of manufacture changed on the build documents.

So this isn’t perfect but damn it could be worse.

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Truthfully I’m not even all that concerned about it.

Famous last words.

#462 4 years ago

It’s not a bad idea to wait a few months for Stern to work through the first-run issues. But nothing I see is going to stop me from ordering the game later.

#463 4 years ago

Mine shipped this morning. I'm hoping for delivery early/mid next week. I AINT SKEERED UH' NO CLEAR COAT POOLIN' !!

#464 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s not a bad idea to wait a few months for Stern to work through the first-run issues. But nothing I see is going to stop me from ordering the game later.

I will get one too once i feel good about the playfields. Not anytime soon though thats for sure.

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I will get one too once i feel good about the playfields. Not anytime soon though thats for sure.

Same.

They will be making this title for next 3 years so no hurry.

I want to buy one without washers, and to hear that people are happy with their playfields.

Patience never was my strong suit but I am now forced to be patient!

#466 4 years ago

Got mine on Thursday. Washers under star posts and they don't look bad - that's ok. No issues that I have encountered or seen. Very Nice looking game. Looks even better in person than promotional photos, streams etc. Some shots are fairly easy, some more difficult. A combo of flow and a little stop and go. Different layout.

Action button on hold down bar has limited use for this game but I could see them coding in other uses.

One thing I can't find in settings for this game is to turn off Action Button for starting games. Maybe it's not programmed in. I always like to to turn that setting off so folks with big bellys or big boobs don't start games accidentally when leaning over the game looking at the playfield.

#467 4 years ago

How do you qualify the control room? Iv got most everything else figured out but not sure on this.

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

How do you qualify the control room? Iv got most everything else figured out but not sure on this.

From Tiltforums:

Control room modes are lit by:

Catching your first dinosaur
Spelling CHAOS twice
Starting raptor MB
15 tower shots

Hitting the Control Room shot when lit catches the ball with the up-post and lets you select.

There is some good information there: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The other is 2) the short plunge itself. Only 50-60% of my plunges actually go all the way around the loop and into the inlane. The other 40-50% basically can't get all the way around and just "fall" down to the left flipper. When I plunge with the "action button", it actually works fine like 95% of the time, but when we plunge on our own via the plunger, it's 50/50. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve?

Our auto and manual plunges are only have about a 50% success rate of making it around the horseshoe ramp to the wireform. I haven't figured out how to adjust this yet. I don't think it's an alignment issue at the shooter rod or autolaunch fingers. Unfortunately, we also have a little clear coat pooling. It's similar to what we have on our Maiden, which has 1600 plays on it, and nothing has chipped. Hopefully it will stay that way.

#470 4 years ago

I did look at the top smaller posts on the slings those do not have washers and it looks like there is a little bit of a ripple there but doesn’t look like the art is coming up at all. I’m just gonna keep my eye on it and see if it gets worse. My success on the plunge is somewhere around 75% I think.

#471 4 years ago

I just messed w the auto plunge strength till i got it dialed in and working like 9 times out of ten. 193 for mine... but it depends on your pins angle.

Funny with Keiths games, seems the auto plunge is a big feature, but you really have to dial it in to work well.
Love ya Keith.

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Got my PRO last week, having a blast so far, even if it's tough as heck! (but that's okay, that's what's fun about pinball, improving, etc...)
Two tech issues I keep having is 1) a "phantom" left sling that keeps going off on its own, sigh. So even when a ball doesn't hit, it's going off! Anyone know what might cause this/or how to fix?
The other is 2) the short plunge itself. Only 50-60% of my plunges actually go all the way around the loop and into the inlane. The other 40-50% basically can't get all the way around and just "fall" down to the left flipper. When I plunge with the "action button", it actually works fine like 95% of the time, but when we plunge on our own via the plunger, it's 50/50. Anyone else have this issue or know how to resolve?
PS: A big thank you to mensch Keith Elwin, not only for designing such a cool game, but for friggin' showing up in this very thread, over and over, to answer our questions and concerns. I mean WOW! That's something that is greatly appreciated by all, so a big THANK YOU to Keith and Stern, if they actually believed in the idea as well.

Check to see if the clear coat pooling problem is causing the sling post to not be exactly vertical. If the post is leaning towards the center of the sling triangle, it could cause the rubber to be pushing the blade switch almost closed. This happened to a friend of mine.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from Knox_Amusement:

Talked to our distributor, and they to Stem. Stern's quality assurance agrees that this is not good and a new play field should be on the way shortly.[quoted image][quoted image]

Are they sending a populated or unpopulated playfield?

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

From Tiltforums:
Control room modes are lit by:
Catching your first dinosaur
Spelling CHAOS twice
Starting raptor MB
15 tower shots
Hitting the Control Room shot when lit catches the ball with the up-post and lets you select.
There is some good information there: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

Thank you sir! That’s a hell of a lot of work! Hope the wizard ends up coded well and the payoff is worth it!

#475 4 years ago

I hear if you complete the wizard mode that you get Goldblum callouts.

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Our auto and manual plunges are only have about a 50% success rate of making it around the horseshoe ramp to the wireform. I haven't figured out how to adjust this yet. I don't think it's an alignment issue at the shooter rod or autolaunch fingers. Unfortunately, we also have a little clear coat pooling. It's similar to what we have on our Maiden, which has 1600 plays on it, and nothing has chipped. Hopefully it will stay that way.

I’m noticing the same on the one I play on location. Think about it. It’s a horseshoe ramp with the entry aligned with the PF surface, but the plunge is coming off of a jump ramp out of the shooter lane. Therefore any misalignment, up, down, left, or right may lower its ability to go all the way up.

It’s a game that may need some minor tweaks, but will probably shoot amazingly when dialed in.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I’m noticing the same on the one I play on location. Think about it. It’s a horseshoe ramp with the entry aligned with the PF surface, but the plunge is coming off of a jump ramp out of the shooter lane. Therefore any misalignment, up, down, left, or right may lower its ability to go all the way up.
It’s a game that may need some minor tweaks, but will probably shoot amazingly when dialed in.

I made some 3 and 4 loop combos in multiball, that felt like the 4th of July Fireworks!

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I made some 3 and 4 loop combos in multiball, that felt like the 4th of July Fireworks!

Yeah, similar to ST warp ramp, the upper right ramp too needs some tweaking to make sure it feeds the upper flipper well. Hitting the double super skill shot is a rush, and nailing combos (especially in MB) is an amazing feeling.

Had a good round yesterday where I got through half the map, dino’s captured, a control room mode done, 2 trex modes, and chaos MB. It was crazy to know I hadn’t even seen half the game yet.

It was a good ball 1.
F852B7C4-7CE4-4E07-8D7D-3934EBBA5A78 (resized).jpegF852B7C4-7CE4-4E07-8D7D-3934EBBA5A78 (resized).jpeg

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Same.
Patience never was my strong suit but I am now forced to be patient!

I've been on the ACNC waiting list since April 2018, and expect I'll be waiting until early November. That's a lesson in patience!

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I hear if you complete the wizard mode that you get Goldblum callouts.

Don't tease...

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I just messed w the auto plunge strength till i got it dialed in and working like 9 times out of ten. 193 for mine... but it depends on your pins angle.
Funny with Keiths games, seems the auto plunge is a big feature, but you really have to dial it in to work well.
Love ya Keith.

This is in the SETTINGS, right? Under ADJUSTMENTS?

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I've been on the ACNC waiting list since April 2018, and expect I'll be waiting until early November. That's a lesson in patience!

Keep waiting...No playfield BS here.
She’s a beaut clark.

72E2D7D7-CE62-4C2B-AC47-0390E93B4663 (resized).jpeg72E2D7D7-CE62-4C2B-AC47-0390E93B4663 (resized).jpeg
#483 4 years ago

Don’t take that last post to Mr. Outlane as a troll fellas. Everyone has the right to enjoy their new games! Going to be alot of peoples favorite’s for a while I would guess. This is the standard i am willing to accept for my LE. You can tell i play it because i embarrassing need to wipe the rubbers...Congrat’s on everyones new games!

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Keep waiting...No playfield BS here.
She’s a beaut clark.[quoted image]

No washers under the posts?? I thought that was the ‘new norm’?

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

No washers under the posts?? I thought that was the ‘new norm’?

Nope. Not on their games. Came like this. My $8800 Jurassic LE purchase better have this taken care of...No excuse. They know.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Nope. Not on their games. Came like this. My $8800 Jurassic LE purchase better have this taken care of...No excuse. They know.

You in on an LE too? I have a deposit down for an LE, but am thinking of getting a refund and waiting to see if this is sorted out.

I’m not buying my first NIB if I can’t be assured the item will be in merchantable quality that won’t be an issue over time. I’ll wait to see if this is resolved. My Shadow and all the pinball locations in NYC will keep me satisfied anyway.

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You in on an LE too? I have a deposit down for an LE, but am thinking of getting a refund and waiting to see if this is sorted out.
I’m not buying my first NIB if I can’t be assured the item will be in merchantable quality that won’t be an issue over time. I’ll wait to see if this is resolved. My Shadow and all the pinball locations in NYC will keep me satisfied anyway.

Yes, LE also. I wasnt in the market for another pin. BUT JP+Keith=in the market for a new pin.

Im out unless there is a serious fix. Call your distro and let them know where you are and that will be more pressure to fix. Or, it wont. Either way it is absolutely risky.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Yes, LE also. I wasnt in the market for another pin. BUT JP+Keith=in the market for a new pin.
Im out unless there is a serious fix. Call your distro and let them know where you are and that will be more pressure to fix. Or, it wont. Either way it is absolutely risky.

Agree. Maybe I’m being picky, maybe I’m not - on the Stern playfield issues. But it’s my money, so it’s my right to choose around which tolerances I’ll accept with what I spend it on.

I’m in no rush.

#489 4 years ago

For people freaking out about chipgate/cleargate, my JP born August 15th shipped with these washers. I see no problems.

IMG_1553.jpgIMG_1553.jpg
#490 4 years ago

First downvote ever. Its not cleargate. Its a legitmate concern...

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For people freaking out about chipgate/cleargate, my JP born August 15th shipped with these washers. I see no problems.[quoted image]

The washers are creating a larger surface area for the posts to sit on so that the small surface area of the plastic posts do not dig into the uncured clear coat.
The fix without using a metal washer would be to give the playfield clear coat more curing time to come to full solidification

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

First downvote ever. Its not cleargate. Its a legitmate concern...

Not saying it isn't. Just saying people who are holding off on NIBs maybe don't have to. This one is fine.

#493 4 years ago

We have with this clear coat issue a problem with Stern rushing the process. The modern chemistry of clear coats take longer to cure than previous products

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not saying it isn't. Just saying people who are holding off on NIBs maybe don't have to. This one is fine

2AEB2B6E-3BCE-4394-B62A-1F397AB50F4C (resized).jpeg2AEB2B6E-3BCE-4394-B62A-1F397AB50F4C (resized).jpeg

Maybe..

#495 4 years ago

This is just a cure issue. They built the Pros first to fast and playfields weren't cured. LEs and premiums should be fine.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

This is just a cure issue. They built the Pros first to fast and playfields weren't cured. LEs and premiums should be fine.

Mine's a pro with 8/15 born on date.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Mine's a pro with 8/15 born on date.

ok not sure where your going with that all I'm saying is that the playfields were assembled when clear was still soft. When that was who knows but just saying le's and premiums have that extra time to cure before assembly. An extra week can make all the difference in the world!

#498 4 years ago

All of them should get proper cure time! We pay our hard earned cash for these games ......Stern should be delivering a quality product!

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not saying it isn't. Just saying people who are holding off on NIBs maybe don't have to. This one is fine.

The rate of this issue popping up on sterns is lower than JJP for sure. At least stern is willing to give you a free PF (populated too I think) where JJP wants you to buy a PF at $550 plus shipping, and the new PF probably has the same problem.

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

All of them should get proper cure time! We pay our hard earned cash for these games ......Stern should be delivering a quality product!

true and maybe they thought they did. Maybe just a matter of cure time or cure conditions. Hot humid weather which we have had alot of don't help curing so maybe it was more the conditions than the time. Even in the pros it will continue to cure so the problem shouldn't get worse it should get better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,999.99
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 21,268 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/10?hl=kinghebes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.