(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,287 posts
  • 1,408 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by golfergordy
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0851 (resized).jpg
IMG_0850 (resized).jpg
IMG_4900 (resized).PNG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 426.
#5401 3 years ago

I just recently went with Titan Tapered Post sleeves, Titan slings, and the Titan low bounce flipper rubbers. So far really like that combination.

#5402 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know what setting allow the Trex to register hit by the ramp optos, rather than needing to catch? (Just like on Trex Fed event)

As I mentioned before according to the latest read me:

“- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'T-REX EVENT STARTS ON RAMP ENTER' - YES - allows the mode to start if the Ramp Enter switch is hit, NO - T-Rex must register a catch to start the mode, Defaults to NO“

#5403 3 years ago

Wait...are there two owners' threads for this game?

#5404 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Wait...are there two owners' threads for this game?

Unfortunately. One was made specifically for Prem/LE.

#5405 3 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Unfortunately. One was made specifically for Prem/LE.

Well, that's annoying. Does this one end up being mostly for Pro owners?

#5406 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Well, that's annoying. Does this one end up being mostly for Pro owners?

No. This one ends up being mostly better.

#5407 3 years ago

And a fair amount of cross-posting too.

#5408 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

No. This one ends up being mostly better.

Nice. You all seem like my kind of people!

Quoted from roar:

And a fair amount of cross-posting too.

That's the annoying part. First world problem, though.

#5409 3 years ago

deleted

#5410 3 years ago

In da club...born a week ago

20200611_120845 (resized).jpg20200611_120845 (resized).jpg20200611_123446 (resized).jpg20200611_123446 (resized).jpg
#5411 3 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

In da club...born a week ago
[quoted image][quoted image]

Please report back on any playfield issues (bubbling, clear chips, etc.) There hasn't been 100% consensus on the "JJP Stern PF issues" thread that the problems have been fixed. I've got a Prem coming in August so kind of anxious if there are still problems.

#5412 3 years ago

Did anyone come up with a fix to prevent T rex head from hitting the right gate post ? Mine keeps hitting it when it turns to the right.

#5413 3 years ago

New JP Pro built in March. About 400 plays and pretty significant post damage. What are my options? I ordered a Cliffy post protector... Is Stern likely to do anything about it?

03517FFE-69D9-4EE9-BE5B-23E06338806D (resized).jpeg03517FFE-69D9-4EE9-BE5B-23E06338806D (resized).jpeg5F656031-277E-41C9-94D9-F31B87A53845 (resized).jpeg5F656031-277E-41C9-94D9-F31B87A53845 (resized).jpeg
#5414 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

New JP Pro built in March. About 400 plays and pretty significant post damage. What are my options? I ordered a Cliffy post protector... Is Stern likely to do anything about it?

That sure does suck. Sorry to see that. Could your flipper be dragging? I wouldn't expect it to be at this point, but figured I'd ask.

#5415 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

What are my options?

Quoted from Cliffy:

get the playfield level first, dewax with alcohol and Naphtha, fill damage with clear nail polish, use Deco paint pen to fix key line, let cure a bit, clear polish again, done.

rest of that thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/extended-slot-protector-or-how-to-repair-a-chip-in-your-playfield

Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Is Stern likely to do anything about it

No.

#5416 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I just put black rubber back on mine after going all around testing different ones....I started with red factory rubber, went to Pinball Life Perfect Play, then Titans, then Superbands, back to red rubber, now after all that, I'm liking the shots with the black rubber the best..
Here's my takeaway after doing about 2 weeks of consistant play with each type of flipper rubber
Black Rubber - best bounce, not too hard, not too soft like red rubber, nice consistancy with shots, best post passing and flipper tricks
Red Rubber - a little too squishy, have softer shot authority, harder to trap up and hit ramps with consistant power, leave red bits all over playfield after 50 plays, get dirty very fast
Perfect Play - slippery, dead bounce, awful
Titans - better than the Perfect play, too much ball slip and still somewhat dead bounce
Superbands - great at first, very hard which made shots really scream up ramps, much harder to control as they add tons of spin and crazy pyhsics to the ball, very hard to predict, makes shots easier but made game much too random and hectic, not fun when trying to progress
I have stuck with Titans for all the rings and posts though and this combination with the black flipper rubber provides the cleanest playfield and the best play overall...I'm really OCD about most things, this was no different

We did the same thing but had the opposite feelings about Perfect play and Superbands.

We found that the perfect play were way to grippy and not slippery at all and introduced more ball spin then any other flipper rubber.

Superbands are slicker and keep our ball spin to a minimum and allowed for the best game play on our Premium. Also had just the right amount of dead bounce. Not to bouncy and not to dead.

#5417 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

They will almost surely send you an unpopulated playfield for that kind of damage. Expect it to take a LONG time, but they will eventually. You will almost definitely not get a populated playfield. I do not think they are doing that for anyone anymore.

#5418 3 years ago

Hi all, sorry if this has been covered previously...I'm curious about the feed from the Raptor pit area, the "C" shot, the Control Room shot. The end of the ball guide on mine bumps it so it goes closer to down the middle, just curious if it is supposed to play like this or go to the left flipper?

Thanks!

IMG_3569 (resized).JPGIMG_3569 (resized).JPG
#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hi all, sorry if this has been covered previously...I'm curious about the feed from the Raptor pit area, the "C" shot, the Control Room shot. The end of the ball guide on mine bumps it so it goes closer to down the middle, just curious if it is supposed to play like this or go to the left flipper?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Before looking to adjust the ball guide, I'd get the pitch and flipper power dialed in to get all the shots in the game smooth. Also of course make sure it's level right to left. Then if after all that is set and it's still going down the middle maybe look to adjust the ball guide.

Pitch, right to left level, and right flipper power all seem to combine to have an impact on how it comes out of that lane. Even at its best setup you'll still get some occasionally going down the middle due to the speed of a shot and the spin on the ball. Mine did the same as yours for awhile but now it comes out pretty nicely to the flipper most of the time with only occasional center drains. I'd start with adjusting pitch up/down a bit to see if it helps.

#5420 3 years ago

Mine goes to the left flipper consistently. I can either flip it on the fly, or what I usually do, dead bounce over to the right and trap up.

Is that a sharp bend near the bottom of your ball guide? If so, might explain the bad feed.

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i know i get a lot more airballs on this game after switching to superband posts from stern blacks. i'm not complaining, however. i have superbands everywhere on all my pins. they are way cleaner, which is very important. i don't want to be cleaning my games every week.

The Stern posts are tapered and made out of hard rubber. They stand up to quite a beating and help reduce air balls. We leave ours in or replace with tapered Titans.

#5422 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Mine goes to the left flipper consistently. I can either flip it on the fly, or what I usually do, dead bounce over to the right and trap up.
Is that a sharp bend near the bottom of your ball guide? If so, might explain the bad feed.

Yeah, after Yancy's post I looked closer at mine. My guide has the same vertical line at the end but the metal doesn't come out from under the plastic at all. Might just be the angle of the picture but that one seems like the tip of it could be coming out from under the plastic.

#5423 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Had the same problem....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/96#post-5608336

#5424 3 years ago

Haters gonna hate.
I think it looks great.
Overpriced? Yes absolutley but it is nicer than people are giving it credit for.
This is my dream theme and machine, it won't leave this room until I move so screw it I bit the bullet and bought it.
If it were any other game I may not have, and if it makes me "part of the problem" so be it.
I like it.

20200611_181957.jpg20200611_181957.jpg
#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Haters gonna hate.
I think it looks great.
Overpriced? Yes absolutley but it is nicer than people are giving it credit for.
This is my dream theme and machine, it won't leave this room until I move so screw it I bit the bullet and bought it.
If it were any other game I may not have, and if it makes me "part of the problem" so be it.
I like it.[quoted image]

Looks great... no need to defend yourself from my perspective! Enjoy Goat Multiball!

#5426 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That sure does suck. Sorry to see that. Could your flipper be dragging? I wouldn't expect it to be at this point, but figured I'd ask.

No flipper dragging. Everything works great and shots are pretty smooth after adjustments. Just the damn post issue.

#5427 3 years ago

I want my topper! Waaaaaaaaaa

#5428 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I want my topper! Waaaaaaaaaa

order from Game Exchange CO? I'm waiting too for mine ordered last week. Called them yesterday and no ETA on shipment from Stern.

#5429 3 years ago

And it came on Jurassic park day!

#5430 3 years ago

Looking for the Stern Jurassic Park topper. If anyone has one available or knows a distributor that has one let me know.
Thanks!

#5431 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Looking for the Stern Jurassic Park topper. If anyone has one available or knows a distributor that has one let me know.
Thanks!

one million dollars (resized).pngone million dollars (resized).png
#5432 3 years ago

Pretty sure it has a node board in it, may be why it costs more.
Didn't take it apart but it updated nodes when I turned it on and it has a cat 5 cable.

#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Haters gonna hate.
I think it looks great.
I like it.[quoted image]

Looks amazing

#5434 3 years ago

The background lighting is brighter in person.
It really does look great.

#5435 3 years ago

Ordered my JP Premium last week. My distributor said I should have it by the end of the month.

I can't wait!! I hope Stern is back to work making games because I heard they were closed for the pandemic.

#5436 3 years ago

Got my game last Friday. It was a May build w/ black rubber and no post damage so far. Game is settling in and few issues out of the box, couple of loose screws have shown themselves, but that’s about it.

Did complete Visitor Center last night.

CAE84708-D0A5-4126-9346-EB39D556AF62 (resized).jpegCAE84708-D0A5-4126-9346-EB39D556AF62 (resized).jpeg
#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

i will get a new unpopulated PF for that reason! this is not acceptable!

Quoted from Jediturtle:

They will almost surely send you an unpopulated playfield for that kind of damage. Expect it to take a LONG time, but they will eventually. You will almost definitely not get a populated playfield. I do not think they are doing that for anyone anymore.

How long? any idea, because i am waiting too.

#5438 3 years ago

The problem I have with the topper, beside the $600 is that the art is just a copy of my LE art on the backglass. The t-rex is exactly the same as is the other dino. I think that was a bad decision. Just a lame topper...sorry.

#5439 3 years ago

Looking to pick up a bent mod tournament button, but only if i can tie it to escape nublar challenge mode.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1074-bent-mods/03066-spike-flush-mount-custom-tournament-button-

#5440 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The problem I have with the topper, beside the $600 is that the art is just a copy of my LE art on the backglass. The t-rex is exactly the same as is the other dino. I think that was a bad decision. Just a lame topper...sorry.

Hey you are totally entitled to your opinion.

I was wondering about that LE art, that's so stupid, I would not be happy either.
It's a bit redundant with the logo too.

#5441 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i will get a new unpopulated PF for that reason! this is not acceptable!

How long? any idea, because i am waiting too.

Hard to say. It all depends on if they have them in stock or have to wait for a run of them to be made. Plus with Covid, everything is going to be even further behind. I've had a few playfields replaced over the years, and usually it takes a couple months between the initial review time for them to decide if you get one and then the time to actually send you one. One game took extra long as the game was no longer being manufactured at the time, so it was awhile before playfields could be run. I want to say that one took 3-4 months total.

I am currently waiting for one, and its been three months since they confirmed it would be replaced. Of course that's right when Covid hit, so I can understand the holdup. The game is perfectly playable as-is, and I'm not in a huge hurry to do a swap, so I do not mind the wait as long as I know it will be made right eventually.

#5442 3 years ago

I really doubt a new playfield would be sent for the one posted above. You can certainly try giving your distributor or Stern a call but if the answer is they send you a new playfield, are you really going to do a swap for that? I've never done a playfield swap but I'm going to guess it would take much much longer than the hour or so it would take to just fix that one spot on your current playfield.

#5443 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I really doubt a new playfield would be sent for the one posted above. You can certainly try giving your distributor or Stern a call but if the answer is they send you a new playfield, are you really going to do a swap for that? I've never done a playfield swap but I'm going to guess it would take much much longer than the hour or so it would take to just fix that one spot on your current playfield.

I had way less damage around a sling post on my BKSOR and Stern sent me a new playfield. They probably wouldn't have sent me one if I did not email them consistently, squeaky wheel gets the grease. Whether you actually replace the playfield or not doesn't matter, getting compensated for a defective part does even if it ends up as wall art.

#5444 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

It's a bit redundant with the logo too.

Ironically the Pro does not have a logo on a translite and it would really look great but I don't imagine their will be a lot of Pro owners running out to drop $600 for that reason.

#5445 3 years ago

Spoke to someone at Stern, and they have confirmed that red flippers should only be on LE games, and also, that the pitch of the game should be at 6.5.

I know people say KME says 7.0, but directly from Stern, they're still saying 6.5, which makes things more confusing, like the fact that red flippers should only be on LE models, yet, other models still get them.

#5446 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

Just like it’s been said before, every game is always unique. With my game, which annoys me, when the up post comes up to trap the ball in the control room I get two outcomes. If the ball is trapped and resting towards the left ball guide, it will fall down and normally find a way to drain to the left outlane. If it rests on the post to the right ball guide it will fall perfectly to the left flipper every time. So....I have to be paying attention and shake the game to the second resting scenario to make sure it doesn’t drain. Or I wait till the light flashes and the ball is about to be released and I nudge the game at that time. It sucks that I have to do this, but I have come to learn exactly how the game acts. I haven’t bent or made any changes to the left ball guide metal.

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Hard to say. It all depends on if they have them in stock or have to wait for a run of them to be made. Plus with Covid, everything is going to be even further behind. I've had a few playfields replaced over the years, and usually it takes a couple months between the initial review time for them to decide if you get one and then the time to actually send you one. One game took extra long as the game was no longer being manufactured at the time, so it was awhile before playfields could be run. I want to say that one took 3-4 months total.
I am currently waiting for one, and its been three months since they confirmed it would be replaced. Of course that's right when Covid hit, so I can understand the holdup. The game is perfectly playable as-is, and I'm not in a huge hurry to do a swap, so I do not mind the wait as long as I know it will be made right eventually.

thanks for the insight!

#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Given your build date, the game should already have the updated "post fix" installed from the factory. If that were my machine, I'd put the largest washer I could under the post that wouldnt interfere with the flipper or ball, and play on. Definitely give Stern a call and let them know what's up. It cant hurt.

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Looking to pick up a bent mod tournament button, but only if i can tie it to escape nublar challenge mode.
Anyone know if this is possible?
Thanks
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1074-bent-mods/03066-spike-flush-mount-custom-tournament-button-

I don't know for sure, but isn't that just one of these with a tournament sticker? Seems like way too much money for a button.

https://na.suzohapp.com/products/arcade_game_parts/77-0000-255LIT

#5450 3 years ago

Yea, that is pricey. The Stern style Tournament Button is under $10 on PinballLife (this includes adding an LED to the order as it is supplied with incandescent).

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-tournament-button-and-switch-assembly-cabinet-mounting.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,287 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.